Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Recalls on my Solara

gened1gened1 Member Posts: 256
edited July 2014 in Toyota
I have an 08 Solara sle convertible. Because the Toyota .com site has no breakdown on the latest recall vehicles mentioning only Camry and nothing about the Camry Solara and not being able to email Toyota as their site has no email address I am wondering if my Solara is part of the recall??
Does anyone have any information on this?

Comments

• Options
    crazedcommutercrazedcommuter Member Posts: 281
    This is a question that myself and 3 of my Solara-owning friends have been trying to get answers to for 3 days. Toyota doesn't specifically state Solara is a recall model. However, since it's technically named the Camry Solara, my friends and I are taking Toyota's announcement as inclusive of the Solara as well and will be flooding our local dealers with repair requests.
  • Options
    I tried to call Toyota as they don't have an email customer rep number on their website.
    I got a recording that said the phone lines were overloaded and to call back at another time and then I was disconnected. I then called my dealer who transferred me to the service department where I asked the Camry Solara recall question and she checked and said that the Solara was not on the recall list. Hope this is the truth.
  • Options
    buppersbuppers Member Posts: 25
    In October I was told by Toyota in a phone call and also in an email (from toyota_cares@toyota.com) that the Solara was not included in the floormat safety advisory. I am assuming this latest recall is a new and separate problem, so I don't know if the exclusion also applies to this recall. Does anyone know if the recall is a separate problem from the floormat fiasco?
  • Options
    My post (#4)above yours is what I was told by the Service Rep on January 22nd 2010. Hope that helps you.
  • Options
    Today, the answer to my separate problem question was posted on the the Toyota.com website:

"The sticking accelerator pedal recall is separate from the on-going recall of Toyota and Lexus vehicles to reduce the risk of pedal entrapment by incorrect or out of place accessory floor mats. Approximately 1.7 million Toyota Division vehicles are subject to both separate recall actions."
  • Options
    Good news!! The Solara is NOT included in the recall announced today, 1/26/10. From the Toyota.com website:

Toyota’s accelerator pedal recall and suspension of sales is confined to the following Toyota Division vehicles:

2009-2010 RAV4,
    2009-2010 Corolla,
    2009-2010 Matrix,
    2005-2010 Avalon,
    Certain 2007-2010 Camry,
    2010 Highlander,
    2007-2010 Tundra,
    2008-2010 Sequoia

No Lexus Division or Scion vehicles are affected by these actions. Also not affected are Toyota Prius, Tacoma, Sienna, Venza, Solara, Yaris, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, Land Cruiser and select Camry models, including all Camry hybrids, which will remain for sale.
  • Options
    Is the Solara included in this recall??
    Just Kidding
  • Options
    unawareunaware Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone had pedal problems with their Solara? I have a 2007 with low milege. I have noticed my pedal sticks in idle mode, when I have resumed acceleration on the gas pedal. I have contacted the 1-800 # and the dealership. They are not on the same page with the repair, and seem to think it will take alot more than a metal plate. I contacted the Toyota number and was told on Jan 30th my VIN# 41T1, was recalled, Today 2/2 I called and they told me no Solara's were not recalled. That the defective pedals were not on the Solara's. I beg to differ, since I am having problems. They told me that the diagnostic testing would be at my own expense. I do not think this is fair, or responsible response to loyal customers. I don't know if my car is affected because of the car mat, or the pedal, or any electronic problems that may exist. I am feeling very betrayed for I have been a Toyota owner for 35 years. Not getting any answers, Anyone else having problems???
  • Options
    solara31solara31 Member Posts: 14
    I checked the NHTSA website and there has been a few complaints of lagging issues with the Solara (only four so far).

However, given the recent developments that Toyota went to great lengths to hide problems with their vehicles, I would not be surprised if the recall list is revised to include the Solara.

Except for some suspension differences, the Solara is identical to the Camry. I'm inclined to believe they have the same pedal/accelerator components. But that is only speculation. Hopefully, with additional scrutiny Toyota will cop to all problems in all their models.
  • Options
    unawareunaware Member Posts: 2
    The Camry & the Camry Solara, are linked closely together.I have not been able to get any information from Toyota or the dealership, of who makes the pedal for the Solara. My 2007 Solara has pedal problems that are clearly identified as an electronic throttle control system. Toyota is not acknowldgeing the Solara on the recall list. Don't think there are only four complaints, I have found several reported cases to NHSTA, it is critical that they be notified. If you want to view more complaints go to AboutAutomobile.com, under consumer complaints. A specific case was reported in Denver Colorado, Reported on the Denver Post. A retired doctor was driving his 2005 Camry Solara, his car accelarated backwards into a pole and out of control into a car. An intern in California got in an accident in her Solara. Another woman drving her Solara convertable ran into an apartment bldg, and into a pedistrian. Many problems with the Solara, Without reports on problems with the Solara to NHSTA, Solara owners will be responsible for repairing their own cars. This is what a local Toyota dealership, and Toyota corporate responded to my concerns.
This discussion has been closed.