Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RL

Comments

• jjacurajjacura Posts: 808
    Can understand your "Comfort Zone" thing Mark...was amazed at your incredible string of Audi's...to change now would almost be like Brett Favre going to play for the Bears next year...however....stranger things have happened.
  • We seek it here
    We seek it there
    We seek that brochure everywhere.
    Is it in heaven
    IS it in hell
    That pamphlet of
    The new RL?

(Apologies to Baroness Emmuska Orczy)
  • legendmanlegendman Posts: 362
    >Based on what I know, from Acura, and what I've read here: $49,470 is NOT considerably or well below $50,000<

Good point Mark.

I spoke with the sales mananger of a Los Angeles area Acura dealership yesterday and he told me that if I wanted to be among the first to own the RL that I would have to be willing to pay a lot more for it. I suspect that we will see a fair amount of that, given pent up demand.

Perhaps month end November, December or January will reveal the "true" market price of the car. I would certainly think that by March-April 2006, when the new GS and M35/45 are out that Acura will get a run for its money. The shakeout at that time should be very interesting.
  • legendmanlegendman Posts: 362
    >We seek it here
    We seek it there<

"They seek him here, they seek him there,
    His clothes are loud, but never square.
    It will make or break him so he&#146;s got to buy the best, &#146;cause he&#146;s a dedicated follower of fashion."
    (The Kinks,1960s)

I guess some of us are just dedicated followers of automotive PASSION.
  • ksomanksoman Posts: 593
    Acura announced at $48,900? That's what vtec.net says, yet to go check the honda news site...
    http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=285378

i was hoping MSRP just under 48K.... a 1000 bucks really don't matter much at the close to 50K price point, even if you are financing the car, I am glad I put my car buying away by atleast a year...

ksso
  • dc661dc661 Posts: 71
    $48,900 plus $570 destination jives with $49,470 total from above.
  • The Basic Controls video on the Interior Showroom now works.
  • prophet2prophet2 Posts: 372
    I don't mind the $49,470. With TTL, it will come in at $52K in my area. What I won't pay is ADM, which I figure will be $4995.

For those who don't have to be "the first," patience is a virtue. Wait a few months for things to cool down a bit. Or, if you can wait a bit longer (a few years), get an off-lease '05 RL. Someone remarked last weekend as the valet brought up my '96 RL: LOOKS ALMOST BRAND-NEW! I just went over 100K on it (bought in 10/00 at 36.8K miles for $20K).
  • jjacurajjacura Posts: 808
    ADM....???? Don't know what that is Prophet2
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    I assume he means "Additional Dealer Mark-up".

For my part, I think $48,900 is a decent price considering that it includes AWD and NAV as standard equipment. It's pretty much what I was expecting.
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    The grill on that concept looks a bit like the new Audi facade. Overall, the body looks like a pimped-up version of the Legend.
  • l943973l943973 Posts: 197
    I really disappointed to see how the RL styling has gone down hill. The car just doesn't have any presence. Tom Elliott, what the heck were you thinking? Are you trying to sway current RL owners to other brands? For that much money, it shouldn't look like an appliance vehicle.

I'll check back in another 5-6 years after this 05 RL has been redesigned. I always thought I would stay with Acura, but with this poor redesign, how do they expect us to purchase one?

It makes me ashamed to own an Acura after seeing the new RL.

Disappointed RL/MDX/NSX/TL owner
    Future Mercedes/Audi/Lexus owner
  • >> really disappointed to see how the RL styling has gone down hill. The car just doesn't have any presence. Tom Elliott, what the heck were you thinking? Are you trying to sway current RL owners to other brands? As a RL owner, I really don't care about the 300 hp engine or SH-AWD. For that much money, it shouldn't look like an appliance vehicle. ....how do they expect us to purchase one?<<

I can understand your not "loving" the styling, even though I really like it. However, to reject a car simply because its styling is not what you would hope and not buy a car that from everything we've read is a fantastic car with great features, I just don't understand. Now if it were a truly ugly car (can you say Scion?), it would be different, but I guess to each his/her own.
  • hadhad Posts: 32
    Yes sir, just got a call from the dealer that the price will be $49,470 with shipping. Had a 9/21 build date on this car so I expect it in by 10/15?
  • "It makes me ashamed to own an Acura after seeing the new RL."

Like your prolix signature,if Acura-Guilt-By-Association is easily inflicted upon you, then you may want to add a few more digits to ensure your anonymity.
    By all means, rip off the Acura logo and obscure the name on your current drive before a mob assaults you! How can you take personal responsibility for an assemblage of metal, glass and wires, etc? And how does shame enter the equation? This is surely melodrama at its highest.
    Sell your current Acura before you're pelted with stones and driven off the road.
  • saedavesaedave Chicago, ILPosts: 694
    I had hoped that there would be a more agreeable price. I have casually looked at an S4 to replace my W8 Passat next year, but decided the price was a bit high. However the real price for an S4 V8 will be lower than the RL. It will be interesting to see if the marketplace decides that Acura is repeating the up-market over-reach of Volkswagen.
  • gijoe2gijoe2 Posts: 6
    Anyone have information about interior color options? Or exterior?
  • I have gotten a peek at the new 2005 RL brochure.

the exterior colors will be:

Premium White Pearl
    Carbon Gray Pearl
    Celestial Silver Metallic
    Lakeshore Silver Metallic
    Nighthawk Black Pearl
    Meteor Silver Metallic
    Opulent Blue Pearl
    Redondo Red Pearl
    Desert Mist Metallic

Interior colors are Ebony, Taupe and Parchment

They are pretty and the car is awesome -- I drove it in Phoenix along with Audi A6, BMW % series -- this car blows them away for less money!
  • ksomanksoman Posts: 593
    Dude, I think you are not allowed to solicit here!
    ksso