Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RL

1229230231232233235»

Comments

• graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 10,222
    edited January 2013
    While not nearly as "upset" as Mark is, I agree with most of what he says about the TL. Performance/build per dollar spent is where Acura shines.

If money were the only factor, I'd have nothing but Acuras gracing my garage.

I'm not a FWD biggot. I've owned some good FWD cars (TL included). As we all know, RWD trumps FWD in the handling dept, all day, every day. But, I also agree that Acura has kind of made a name for themselves with their SH AWD system. It's a good one. I'd make every model as a SH AWD vehicle, as Mark suggests.

The more I read, the more I think I must be the only one on the planet that likes the styling direction of Acura these days. Clearly, I'm in the minority.

Although not in the market, I do look forward to seeing the new RLX (and also the TLX?) in the flesh.
    2018 Acura TLX SH AWD ASpec
  • kenb757kenb757 Posts: 149
    Recently drove the new RLX. Much nicer than the previous generation. Still the ride is harsh and the base RLX only comes with black leatherette. If you want real leather in a color other than black, you have to spend substantially more for a higher package. Front seats are very comfortable. At least this iteration is not a gussied-up Accord as the previous model was. Interesting feature is the brake hold, which frees up your feet for texting at stoplights. Tap the accelerator and the brakes release and you're on your way.
  • Pat passed- my condolense.
    She had me reprimanded more than once (for temper tantrums post) back in the days.
  • Do you work for Acura?
    How did you get to test drive the RLX?
    Wow, did Acura really went that direction in charging for leather?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 68,222
    Hey.. she got me, too!! ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• bernsterbernster Posts: 27
    I drove RLX Tech and did not notice harsh ride. Ride was great but we were on very nice roads salesman suggested. On what type of road was ride harsh? I fell in love with the car. Seats were extremely comfortable. Even liked paddle shifters which I always was reluctant to use. Technology is super. I have an M56. M cars have problems figuring out what gear to shift to if you slow down and then speed up because it has 8 speed which does not seem to be programmed correctly. Seems like it is always thinking about what gear to use. RLX has 6 speed and had no problems in this regard. If I get the RLX it will be with the advanced package. My M56 lease is not up til August so maybe lease prices will come down. There will be no deals on RLX at launch according to saleman. Why isn't there an RLX forum?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,042
    Usually, when you don't see a forum for a specific model, it's because it's brand new and there hasn't been enough interest from members in the forums to start one. We can certainly start a discussion for it if you like.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

edited March 2013
    Kirstie, I think there will be a lot of interest in the new RLX. A separate forum is certainly warranted. I drove the car and loved it and want to find out what other forum members' experiences and prices and lease costs are.

Thanks
    Here ya go:
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f272c27

We'll get up some pricing discussions soon, perhaps tomorrow, on a weekday. Looks like we don't have a "category" set for it yet either, so I'll put in a mention to those folks.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• any torque steer?
    No torque steer
    Kirstie

RLX forum is not indexed under Acura
    If you do a search for the word Acura, or use the make drop-down menu and choose Acura, it does turn up in the results. It's just on page 2 because that discussion hasn't had a post since March.

• The previous generation RL was NOT a gussied up Accord - it was made in Japan - totally different frame, drivetrain, etc. I know - I have had both - I too THOUGHT the RL was a gussied up ACcord - FAR from it. You are mistaken my friend - the cars were in a totally different league.