Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Equinox Transmission Problems

13»

Comments

• I am the original owner of a 2010 Chevy Equinox with 87.5k miles. My transmission now has the dreaded 3,5,R waver problem, high RPMs, and the car cannot exceed 25 mph. My scanner reads out P0770, P0776, and B2922 codes. I spent my afternoon yesterday visiting several mechanic shops, and the consensus repair estimate is $2,800. This is the worst repair cost in my life. I hope that Sarah or Mariah from GM Customer Service contact me to discuss my options. Given all the Equinox tranny issues, GM should be reimbursing customers for this tranny defect because this issue is so pervasive. I intend to complaint with the federal NHTSA to encourage an investigation, NHTSA at 1-888-327-4236. I originally bought this car because I wanted to help our US companies during the recession/depression. I hope that GM now shows the same loyalty to their customers. Thank you in advance for your support
  • mrsgdlitemrsgdlite Paducah, KyPosts: 1
    I also am in the same position except that mine acted up before the warranty expired and I took it into the dealership twice and they couldn't find a problem. Now that the warranty is up the transmission has gone out completely. I still owe $9000 on the vehicle I can't afford $4000 to replace the transmission. I feel that GM should be responsible since this is a KNOWN problem and I tried to get it fixed before the warranty was out. My only choice if GM doesn't intervene is to let the bank have the suv and I will NEVER by another Chevy!
  • Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this will help out anyone but I was having the same issue on my 2005 nox. I tried everything even changed the transmission shifting sensor, it wasn't easy, but that didn't fix the hard shifting from 2nd to 3rd. I had given up and all of a sudden my check light engine lit up for A few seconds and then turned off. Long story short I took it as a divine sign and scanned my car for a code even though there was no light on. To my luck the code that was throwing out was the camshaft sensor. So for $17 I changed the sensor myself. I took it a step further and kept on reading about camshaft sensors and on many sites it said that if the camshaft sensor was going bad then it was likely that the crankshaft sensor was also not working properly. So for another $17 I bought a crankshaft sensor and changed it my self. My car is on shifting smooth. Again, not sure if this will help anyone but for less than $40 it's worth giving it a try.
  • I have the same problem with my 2011 Chevy Equinox. I purchase this used 2 years ago as a Certified vehicle. The Transmission Control Module is faulty what caused the transmission to go bad. So now I am out of warranty and looking at $4100+ to replace the module and the transmission. I still owe $11000 on this truck. I have had issues with this truck since the beginning. I so regret this purchase.
13»