Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda MPV

Comments

• bottgersbottgers Posts: 2,030
    You would know the answer to this. kevria posted a message earlier stating that Mazda is offering another financing option, 3.9% for 49-60 months. I talked to my salesman, and he said he didn't know anything about it. Also, if Mazda is actually offering this financing option, can it be used with the dealer cash back? I know the 0% option can't.
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    http://www.autosite.com/new/grabbag/rebatet.asp shows that finance rate, but the end date was 4/30. It does say to check with your dealer to see if it was extended.

-Brian
  • steverstever Posts: 52,683
    Is just to say you'll buy the new one but first you need to sell your existing car to get enough cash for the down payment or whatever. Then the dealer can decide to make an offer or tell you "good luck on retail road."

Steve, Host
    My salesman just emailed me back and said these are all the current incentives avaiable for the MPV.

$2000 dealer cash back

or

0% financing for 36 months

or

$500 cash back and 2.9% for 37-48 months

or

$500 cash back and 3.9% for 49-60 months.

I'm gonna have to go with the $2K cash back and my own financing through our credit union. I need to keep our payments under $400 a month, and none of the other options will do that. I wish I could afford to do the 0% financing, but that would make our payments over $600 a month. Ouch! It sure would be nice to completely own the vehicle in just 3 years though.
  • lsinclsinc Posts: 270
    $2,000 cash back and 4.9% thru Sovereign Bank (which was done through our Mazda dealer) for 60 months.
    ......go out to 72 months at 4.9%?
  • scott31scott31 Posts: 292
    The All Sport Pkg is VERY new. It will take a while for vans to be built with it.

The only problem with it, is that you CAN'T get the Power Doors with it, and we had to have the power doors.
  • rutger3rutger3 Posts: 361
    IMO, it is a disgrace for any Mazda dealer to not want to take a Mazda on a trade. Do not use this dealer under any circumstances and tell your friends to stay away from them too. Any dealer willing to sell you a new Mazda but not take your trade should not be a Mazda dealer or any kind of a dealer. This is bad news for other dealers because you may now reconsider whether to even buy a new MPV. Cliffy can probably shed some light on this.
  • velokidvelokid Posts: 4
    We just took delivery on a midnight blue 03 MPV LX with 4 seasons, traction control, rear ac and the all sport package. IMHO the all sport package is a great deal when you consider the price of those options separately - not including the 17" wheels/tires - is nearly double the cost of the package. Nothing on the all sport package is truly necessary, but it certainly makes the MPV look even sharper, and the 9 speaker sound system is quite nice.

It may be hard to find though, as it was released as an option midyear and is only available in 3 or 4 colors.
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    There is more to this story....If the dealer isnt interested in the trade, especially a mazda trade, something is wrong.

Did the customer want some outlandish amount for the trade and the dealer then told the customer to keep the trade??? This is a scenerio that happens a few times a month at most dealerships.

Rutger....remember dealers take trades to make money and as a courtesy. There is nothing that says a dealer is required to take a trade...remember there is two sides to every story and your have jumped to huge one sided conslusions without knowing the "real reason" for not taking the guys trade.
    This past Saturday, we drove the NY City to help my sister in law move. First, I have to share that it was so easy to remove the second row seats from our MPV. They aren't very heavy and come out easily. Second, the tumble under seat is great. We had the van ready to go in under 5 minutes. We had a round table, all 6 table chairs, an old desk (approx. 5 x 3 x 4) another chair all packed in the back of the MPV. We had room for even more! I couldn't believe how much cargo room is in the MPV. Our Villager you could only remove the second row bench seat and fold the third row bench like a sandwich and move it all the way forward. It still took up a good foot of cargo.

I was extremely impressed!
  • acedriveracedriver Posts: 131
    A 60" x 40" table will fit in a 2003 Sienna with only a couple of inches on either side of it. Isinc, could you measure the inside dimensions on the MPV and let me know how a 60"x40" box will fit ? How many inches to spare on the sides ?

Just wanted to determine if there was any truth in the frequently heard statement that "Oh! The MPV is so small" !! Your post certainly makes a strong statement about cargo capacity. Any chance you took some snaps for show-off purposes ? :-)
  • bill124bill124 Posts: 242
    Considering trading '00 for new '03. Anything I should know in advance? Also, I live on Long Island, in NY and am interested in experiences and prices. I bought from Great Neck Mazda and have had service there and I don't think their service dept. is the best or even all that nice to deal with.
    no, didn't take any pictures. LOL! :) I'm not sure of the dimensions of the table. It's a round Hitchcock table and it's pretty old. We removed the legs on it and laid the table down on it's top and there was enough room to slide the desk on the right side of it. The chairs we placed in were large. You know, the fancy ones with the covered seats. We got six in there with the table and the desk and all of the legs. There was also a smaller Hitchcock chair that we had as well. We still had room for boxes and such. Oh and my husband has determined that he can fit a sheet of plywood in the MPV. If you just fold the backs down on the second row seats and tumble under the third row, the height of the seats folded is enough to allow you to slide the plywood in at the hatch's widest point. The length is no issue. We always had to tie down the tailgate in the Villager because of that lost space the folded, pushed forward seat took up. The MPV you can slide the plywood all the way up to the back of the front seats.

I will measure it for you though and post my results later. I was very impressed with how much this so called "small" van held and how easy it was to take the seats out and hide away the third row. It also handled great in New York City traffic. I didn't handle it well but the car did! LOL! The MPV is an awesome van.

Lsinc
  • sweet_subiesweet_subie Posts: 1,394
    1. go to www.fitzmall.com at DC/Maryland area for fixed price deal...usually 4,000 below MSRP

2. Noticed that Mazda 03 have 4 yr/50k miles warranty, which is sweet !
    did you all notice that all 2003 Mazdas offer this ?
  • scott31scott31 Posts: 292
    Yes, all 2003 Mazda's have a 4/50 warranty. Another reason NOT to buy an Odyssey
    & no need to buy extended warranty either....

i wish i waited for 03 MPV....i bought an 02
  • kevriakevria Posts: 14
    The 3.9% financing deal was specific for the NorthEast but it might be valid in other parts of the country. I had been trying to verify whether there was a $2000 customer cashback in the NorthEast and there wasn't in April.
  • rutger3rutger3 Posts: 361
    to sweet subie: I wish I waited for 02 MPV, I bought an 01 with that 'super' 2.5 liter engine.