Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 5649fm5649fm Posts: 4
    Just got a quote for 2010 Ex-L with NAV & RES for $34500 plus Dist and TTL. Tjis is the lowest price I got in the NJ/NY area. Have anyone received a lower price for the 2010 model? Thanks,
  • farmer20farmer20 Posts: 16
    Thanks for detailed information. The following is the quote I received from a local Houston dealer as eQuote:

2009 Odyssey EX-L w/Res $31,444.00**

Tax: $1,965.25
    Inventory Tax: $78.61
    Document Fee: $50.00
    Title Fee: $33.00
    License Fee: $72.30
    Inspection Fee: $23.75

Total Drive out : $33,666.91**
  • sam156sam156 Posts: 9
    FYI-I was just given a quote of $30,300 +TTL, for 2009 with RES w/o Nav ~ there's one dealer that has a lot of the 2009's. My husband wants to get $30,000 + TTL ... Honestly, I think this is a fare price. Let me know if you want to know the dealership info. Most of the other dealers around here don't want to bend at all.

Thanks for your info, this site really helps determine who is getting what and what is a realistic price etc...
  • caseyjrcaseyjr Posts: 9
    I'm in the LA area and have gotten a couple of quotes for the 2010 EX-L w/ RES & NAV. Both were in the $34.3K range. As I mentioned before, Scott Robinson, quoted me higher for the 2009 than other dealers were quoting for the 2010. SR quoted $34.4K for the 2009 EXL w/RES&NAVI.
  • 5649fm5649fm Posts: 4
    I am looking for a 2010 Ody EX-L with NAV and RES. The lowest quote I got is 33394+ plus destination and TTL. I am thinking to get a EX-L with RES only instead. I don't think the NAV worth $1600.00
  • rlinmdrlinmd Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone
    I just wanted to share that I purchased a 2009 Touring in Slate Green with Black Interior without Pax yesterday for $38500 out the door in MD. I believe thats a decent deal. I wanted to get the car a bit cheaper but we needed the car and I couldnt chance the car being sold.

Thanks for everyones help in making my purchase of the Odyssey a good one.
  • tn0215tn0215 Posts: 1
    hi- live in houston- do you mind posting which dealer it is?
  • nobonobo Posts: 305
    First week in July that vehicle was selling for ~$29,000 plus the tax, etc. Do what you have to do.
  • jfcarjfcar Posts: 10
    At some point you have to determine if 300 is worth the hassle and worth potentially losing the car you want. If the car is a match for you, is 300 dollars on a 30 k deal a dealbreaker?
    2009 EX-L Odyssey in Ocean Mist Metallic, which was our first choice. Very few dealers had any 09's left in any colors anywhere in VA. They had a couple of 09s left in other colors as of last Thursday. Might be gone now.

Priority Honda in Chesapeake VA $29,956.91 (included destination) + 449 processing fee + TTL. Had pinstripes already on it. MSRP was in the 34K range. Dealer had no problem doing the 3500 CFC. 5 hour drive (but right by my friends house, so I just visited him). With the clunker it got OTD for 27,900.

I had a price that was about 450 less on a Silver Model (an acceptable color but not our first choice) from a North Carolina Dealer (3.5 hour dirve) that was dragging their feet on the CFC trade due to funding issues that were going on last week. Kept putting me off, didn't communicate well, etc. Got a bad vibe from them.

I went with Priority Honda even though they were slightly more. We got the color we wanted, which was surprising because nobody else had it. They honored the internet quote. Like all dealers they asked me if I wanted to buy all the add-ons, but I just politely declined them and they had no problem with it. I can't say enough positive things about my experience with Priority and especially my salesman. Totally friendly, professional, honest, didn't try to change the deal and didn't push addons. They have a lot of good service things like free oil changes, state inspections, car washes, lifetime engine warranty, that would be great for people that lived a bit closer to them. It only took 18 hours from my first contact to complete the deal.

I was pleasantly surprised by my experience buying from Priority. While price is important, if you are going to drive 5 hours to get an Odyssey other things come into play. Even if you're not going to drive that far, there is more to the deal than just getting the lowest price. Then again, if you can get it for lower, you might as well!
  • technoztechnoz Posts: 34
    $38,500 out the door aint bad at all enjoy the touring!! Im having a blast with mine..I really enjoy the Current mpg readout on the info gauge :)
  • 2010exl2010exl Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2010 EXL with Navi and RES with the OTD price of $34,750 from Pohanka Honda of Fredericksburg, VA. This dealership was a dream to work with compared to the others in our area who would give us the run around just to try and get us through their door.
  • farmer20farmer20 Posts: 16
    That will be great if you are willing to post the dealer name as long as it is not against the forum rule.

With CFC underway, it is hard for people without CFC to negotiate.
  • nikunjnikunj Posts: 5
    In central NJ area, I got a quote for about $37300 out the door. I forgot what was the base price.
    If it were me, if I did not have a CFC trade and I did not have to have a van immediately, I would wait until after CFC to purchase.
  • just bought a 2009 EX-L with NAV & RES for $31,390 + tax & doc in Dayton, Ohio. Total OTD is $33,733. It is in silver color. Seems it is a good price as i have been reading some postings here for about a week or so.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,602
    To some people $10 is a dealbreaker. If you can afford 30k for a car and actually have a model that meets your need and don't buy because of $300 then you you're not really a buyer. Just a shopper. Nothing wrong with that but like you jfcar, it doesn't compute.
  • smadhusmadhu Posts: 16
    Wow Good Deal, we bought a 2009 EX-L/RES for 33300 OTD price on saturday.It Includes pin stripes.Mud Guards,Cargo Tray and wheel locks.I bought this one in Chicago.
  • caseyjrcaseyjr Posts: 9
    When people post OTD prices, what are they including? Taxes, licensing, destination charges.... is there anything else that is added that isn't optional?
  • hoosbesthoosbest Posts: 39
    $38K for a 2009 Touring model? I ask why didn't you get a 2010 Touring - which can be had for invoice? Prices have skyrocketed for no reason. Dealers are enjoying low inventory and another govt subsidized program that they remove manufacturer incentives. That 2009 car in June was $34K + taxes.

If timing is your friend - wait until this CFC program is over. All the demand has been brought forward and car inventories will build again.
  • nbodynbody Posts: 5
    Got a White 2009 EXL w/mud flaps and door visors for $32048 OTD.

They had the one of the last white EXLs in the area so they raised their base price from 28700 to 28900. I would normally change dealers but we really wanted white and their price was still $800 lower than the rest. In the end, I felt pretty good about it. There are slim pickins on color and we'll keep it for years and years so I wasn't too upset since we get what we want. My only other option was to pay $$$ more for a 2010.

Otherwise, a pretty easy process especially since we had a CARS tradein.

NB
  • ituserituser Posts: 4
    that is a great price, I am going to buy an exactly the same one, can you please tell me where you bought it from?
    that is a great price, I am going to buy an exactly the same one, can you please tell me where you bought it from?
  • Not really true about $300 and a deal breaker. Over time it adds up. It is just like passing one gas station and stopping at the next to save $.03/gal. Just makes financial sense.
    Can you please let me know where you bought it, the dealer name? Thanks a lot! I need to buy the same one.
  • nbodynbody Posts: 5
    Superior Honda in Cincinnati (Ken Bush).

Pretty easy dealing.
    nbody,

Thanks so much for your info!
  • Just bought an '09 EX-L with RES.

I had a trade-in - a 2002 Odyssey EX with 110k miles, that was pretty banged up cosmetically, had a little wrong-color spray paint on the hood, a bad transmission starting to slip a lot, power doors got stuck a lot, and was originally bought in Canada so the VIN came up as invalid. And I couldn't get Honda to fix the transmission for free or for any discount. I shopped the car around to a few dealerships (before I decided it was too risky to drive it at all with a busted transmission) and got trade-in quotes from $2300-$3300. But I figured it was only a few miles away from being junkable since a new transmission would have cost me over $3000 and it might have died any day.

So here's the deal I got - $25,400 + my trade - including destination but not doc, title, or tax. OTD: 25,400 + $1,587.50 tax + $125 title and plates + $329 doc fee = $27,441 total.

If I figure my trade was worth $3,000 then that's $30,441. Seems like a decent deal to me. Was it?

Of course the final papers said the trade-in was $6,000, which allowed them to claim a much higher price - but I don't actually care about the split between price and trade-in.

BTW this was in the Boston area.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    I think you should go for it.
  • nobonobo Posts: 305
    If it had been an '01 Odyssey, you would have gotten $4500 C4C, plus money off the MSRP. Gotta love gov't programs. :P