Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Not a bad mini as long as you don't have average size teenagers who have to sit in the third row. The VW / Dodge RT / Chrysler TC L was our first choice(s) until we test drove it and found out that two out of seven members of the family (it'll be 3 in 2 yrs and 4 in 5 yrs) couldn't sit in the third row. I'm 5' 9.5" and if I sit in the back row I have to either sit with my head and upper back forward and off the back of the seat or smash my cranium into the headliner because the angle of the backseat puts your head right past the spot where the roof line starts to curve downward into the tailgate. Either way, not real safe in a rear end accident since my head would smash into the headliner before being supported by the headrest even worse in a roll over. Big mistake on Chrysler's design. I was looking forward to buying the car because we got a great deals on the VW SEL RES and the R/T that placed the R/T below dealer cost after holdbacks because of the factory incentives (dear invoice price minus $2500 rebate - $500 military rebate)
  • Absolutely, was waiting to buy the 2011 thinking they would outshine Toyota's chipmunk but I was wrong. My stomach no long heaves as it once did looking at it (dark color exterior helps immensely as does time...grows on you like an ugly baby) and my wife doesn't mind so now I'm debating if I want to buy the 2011 Touring or go for a 2010 Touring (used since no one seems to have a new one on the lot anymore)
  • crowbarmancrowbarman Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    Hi guys,

I've contacted about 10 dealers in the SoCal (Orange County) area, and I can't get a dealer to come down more than 700 dollars off of MSRP on a Touring . It makes me sick seeing the great deals others are getting in other parts of the country. They are willing to come down thousands on EX-L but not the Touring...I'm hoping to buy in the next month..any advice?

Will prices come down once the 2012 models come out? Do I have to just suck it up, or go out of state?? I can't figure out the discrepancy!

Thanks in advance.
  • Just bought 2011 Odyssey EX-L:
    Price: 31,500
    Roof rack: 463
    Destination: 810
    License: 194
    Doc: 154
    Tax: 2798+ 261 County
    Total OTD: 36,182 financed at 0.9.
  • Hello,
    I went to purchase some accessories for my Odyssey and I was walking with my salesman to the parts area. On a Tuesday mid-day there were two owners taking possession of their Odyssey's he informed me one was from San Diego and purchasing an Elite the other was from Mexico. I was surprised to hear two out of state/country deals were occurring.

I am sorry to say that I think the best deal would be dealing with out of state. As of Tuesday the dealership that I purchased my Elite from still had a few left

Good luck and by the way mine was 1k above invoice.
  • All,
    I bought Honda Odyssey EX-L for OTD 35856..Includes everything...Also Got 0.9 APR..
    Bought it from Central NJ dealership...
    Is it good deal?

Thanks
  • wmsowmso Posts: 5
    good for you!!!!
    lways look at the total price first, so you know you got a good deal. The monthly payment trick is how people get upside down because a slick dealer will extend your loan out to get oyu the payment, when what you want is the right total cost and the lowest apr.
    always look at the total price first, so you know you got a good deal. The monthly payment trick is how people get upside down because a slick dealer will extend your loan out to get oyu the payment, when what you want is the right total cost and the lowest apr.
  • skinsfanskinsfan Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Just had a great experience at Steve Padgett's Honda in Danville. I'm from Durham, NC, but found the best deal there. Not a lot of inventory left in NC for the 2011 Odyssey EX.

Price was over $1K less than others in the area. Paid below invoice.

Internet salesman was great to work with. Did make me put $500 down to find the color, but guaranteed that if they couldn't find it, would immediately refund it and they called the next day to say they had the car. No BS.
    Finance manager didn't try to push hard for extras...had everything ready in about an hour.
    Best experience that I have had buying a car.
  • Congratulations on your new Honda ...

Can you please tell me where did you buy new Honda EX-L?

Thanks
  • Congratulations for your new car. I am planning to buy the same vehicle, so can you let me know how much it costed after taxes and what kind of warantee did they offer ?
  • Would you mind sharing the dealership name and city?

Thanks OdysseyForMe.
  • wwwewwwe Posts: 2
    I would recommend McKenney-Salinas Honda in Gastonia, NC. We purchased a 2011 EX-L (no NAV or RES) at the end of June for:

EX-L: $32,830 (INCLUDING $810 destination charge)
    Roof rails installed $216
    All season floor mats $146.25
    Cargo tray: $67.86
    Folding cargo mat: $71.37
    Accessories shipping $24
    Subtotal: $33,356.09
    NC Tax: $1000.68
    NC Tag: $70.50
    Doc fee $389
    Total: $34,816.27

Their pricing includes pinstripe, wheel locks, Scotch Guard protection and splash guards. Accessories listed were priced to match www.bernardiparts.com prices.

I used the Amex zag pricing program (http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html?referrer_id=RAMX7191931). You do not need to be an Amex cardholder to use the program.

I checked with 5 dealerships (from Rock Hill, SC, Hendrick Honda of Charlotte, Gastonia, Huntersville, to Hickory, NC). The other 4 dealerships pulled out when they saw McKenney's price. McKenney also found us the vehicle in the color we wanted (black) within two weeks. The saleswoman was excellent to work with -- very straightforward.

By the way, the Amex zag price was lower than the Costco Auto Program pricing. Hendrick Honda of Charlotte was only willing to give us $1,000 off MSRP for the Costco Auto Program.

McKenney had the lowest Amex zag price. Hendrick Honda lowered their Amex zag price to match McKenney's several weeks after we purchased, so you may want to check their current price.

Good luck!
  • I visited dealer to checkout 2006 Touring (Nav & RES). It had 64K miles. The list price itself was 9K above the Edmunds Dealer retail. The dealer reduced 3500 in few minutes of talking.. but then said he has hit his bottomline and cannot go further down. I had few questions:

1. Is the 9K above dealer retail for Odyssey normal? If yes, how high people go typically? In my experiences in past, typically dealer lists at close to dealer retail and usually deals between retail and private party.
    2. Any other things to watch out?

Thanks folks,

Samir
  • I just purchased a '11 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/RES, Color: Polished Metal/Gray from a NJ dealership on Sept 3rd. The car is on its way from Alabama to the dealer's lot by the end of this week. I've gotten interested from an e-price the salesman quoted me over email, and she said this is the last one they have for the end of the 2011 production models. After a couple of emails haggling over the e-price, I finally went down to the dealership the next day and within 10 mins we made the deal plus additional couple of hundreds dollars off from the last email quote. Also, got the 0.9% financing. Here is the breakdown of the cost:

Base: $33,580
    Destination: 810
    Tax (7%): $2,407
    Doc Fee: $399
    Reg/Title Fee: $299 (4 yrs required for new car in NJ)
    Tire/other Fee: $15
    Total OTD: $37,510

Not a great great price, but it's not bad either.
  • aveeraveer Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    I am also experiencing the same, none of them is moving below 33,781 + ttl for Ex-L, and the only dealer (stevens-creek honda) doesn't have any inventory.

I finally booked at SouthBay honda, at $34,000 + ttl around 5 days back, but till now no news on the availability of my color, so most likely I am going to miss 0.9% apr as well :cry:
  • Long time lurker, first time posting.

After months of waiting and with my wife pregnant with our second child due any day now, we decided to pull the trigger on the Touring Elite that was Celestial Blue Metallic with Grey Interior. Here is what we paid:

$39,405 Invoice
    $810 Destination
    $399 HDAG
    $40,614 Total Invoice
    $1200 Over Invoice
    $41,814 Total Price before taxes

I think we did pretty good considering it took us about a month to get them to agree to $1200 over invoice. And because it was labor day weekend, we got .9% financing. We could have paid cash but since the money in the bank is making more the .9% we decided to finance it.

I hope I love this van as much as the others owners on here do.
  • If it is a certified pre-owned (CPO), it usually be priced $1K to 3K above the Edmunds dealer quote. I would also look for the history of the car with Carfax (required if CPO) to see if there's any accident and maintenance service was done adequately.

I have seen a CPO 2008 Odyssey EXL with NAV and RES, 29K mileage sitting in my dealer's lot asking $25.5K.

How much is your 2006 Touring?
  • My wife and I have just singed paper work for 2011 Honda Odyssey XLE -RES from Charlie's Honda, Augusta, Maine.
    33709.51 (invoice)
    100(my offer above invoice)
    + 34 Title
    +299 Documentation Fee
    +5% Tax
    +34 Reg Fee
    Total OTD 35842.69
    + All Season Floor Mats
    + Crossbasr with roof rails

I shopped around in Maine and other dealer offer for $200 above Invoice. Called, Charlie's Honda and they matched the price and also located the van (Silver) + 0.9 % Finance for 60 Months.

I was only disappointed to know that 2011 Odyssey comes without Roof Rails!!!
    Sales personnel and manage are very friendly and helpful. They even extended their working hours to complete my financing paper with Honda.
  • THE MECHANIC Mechanical Repair Contract is a WASTE OF MONEY: CAUTION

My 2006 Civic was just diagnosed with the control arm issue. My wife purchased the car new with an The Mechanic after market warranty/service contract from Honda. The car has 85,000 miles on it. I was hearing what I thought was a failing rear bearing when driving at speeds over 35mph. I took it to Honda expecting them to replace the bearing as there is a recall on the issue.

Honda called and said it is the rear control arm: it would cost something like $400 plus the cost of new tires.

Anyway, the BS extended warranty "The Mechanic" Service Contract my wife bought would not cover the cost because they said the part is not "broken" and I can still drive the vehicle. So, naturally the dealer tried to spin it as a warranty problem and the warranty company spun it to Honda. The $1500 that my wife spent was a waste! Don't listen to the salesmen. The so-called "Platinum" warranty should cover the control arms if they are broken. The contract is for 84 months or 100,000 miles. The aftermarket contracts will do anything to get out of paying out a claim and then Honda will good cop/bad cop you with the service contract provider. I called up THE MECHANIC and they gave me the run-around telling me the control arm is not broken so they will not pay for it. SAVE your money for the repairs you will have to pay for that the "service contract" will not cover.
  • THE MECHANIC Mechanical Repair Contract is a WASTE OF MONEY: CAUTION

My 2006 Civic was just diagnosed with the control arm issue as well. My wife purchased the car new with an The Mechanic after market warranty/service contract from Honda. The car has 85,000 miles on it. I was hearing what I thought was a failing rear bearing when driving at speeds over 35mph. I took it to Honda expecting them to replace the bearing as there is a recall on the issue.

Honda called and said it is the rear control arm: it would cost something like $400 plus the cost of new tires.

Anyway, the BS extended warranty "The Mechanic" Service Contract my wife bought would not cover the cost because they said the part is not "broken" and I can still drive the vehicle. So, naturally the dealer tried to spin it as a warranty problem and the warranty company spun it to Honda. The $1500 that my wife spent was a waste! Don't listen to the salesmen. The aftermarket contracts will do anything to get out of paying out a claim and then Honda will good cop/bad cop you with the service contract provider.
  • pnagpnag Posts: 5
    Nice deal. Did the dealer not charge you destination of $810.
    $100 over invoice and not charging destination makes it a great deal.
  • While Jay did get a very good price (congrats, Jay!), he did pay the $810 destination charge; the "dealer invoice" on the EX-L-RES vehicle alone is (about) $32,900, and if you add $810 to it, you get $33,710 (only 49 cents off from Jay's quoted invoice). Jay also really paid $399 over invoice - those sneaky dealers always try to slap on "documentation fee(s)" afterwards (in this case $299) unless you force them to stick to an "out the door" (OTD) offer that includes all fees when you discuss price the first (and all subsequent) times. When you force a dealer to stick to an OTD price, they usually re-write their own paperwork to sell the car for less and then add in the doc fee(s) to sum up to the agreed OTD price. Walk away if they don't!

What Jay somehow did manage to avoid (maybe this is a state of Maine thing?) is any "Regional Advertising Fee". I always hate this being hidden in the dealer invoice sheet that dealers produce, but who am i to dispute documented invoice paperwork? Honda/Acura dealers tend to be especially good at hiding this one, IMHO ... anyone else have thoughts on this or how to get it removed from an invoice price (other than just implicitly agreeing to pay it as part of your OTD price)?
  • jay_nutakkijay_nutakki Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Hello: Does any one know if Odyssey XLE come with factory installed Roof Rails (standard) . Sales guy told me 2011 models come with out roof rails. I have to pay extra to install at the dealer.
  • No, your sales guy was correct, roof rail is not standard for the 2011 Odyssey.
  • I'm sorry if I'm repeating a question that's been answered, but does anyone know when the 2012s will be available? We're trying to decide if it is worth waiting to buy . . .
  • Any idea how how the interest rate might go up for Honda financing on 2012? And is there any chance of getting any price lower than MSRP? We were hoping to sell our current van and buy around Christmas. The white/beige ex-l res or basic touring in a 2011 is no where to be found here in Alabama. :(

Praying for you guys in Texas! Wildfires are soooo scary!!
  • wasabeewasabee Norcross, GAPosts: 31
    By the way, was looking at Honda website last night and saw they put up the 2012 model for Odyssey. Couldn't really figure out the difference between the 2011 and 2012 Honda Odyssey from the information provide, but maybe someone can spend a little more time digging the difference.

Here's the Honda website link:
    http://automobiles.honda.com/odyssey/