Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 CR-V Cargo Tray + Cargo Shelf

tornado1973tornado1973 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Honda
Planning to get a 2010 CR-V EX-L, which comes with the Dual Deck Cargo Shelf -- http://www.bernardiparts.com/Products/Honda-Cargo-Shelf-%28CR-V%29__84400-SWA-XX- X.aspx

The Cargo Tray is an option -- http://automobiles.honda.com/cr-v/accessory-detail.aspx?Accessory=CRV0010043

The Dual Deck Cargo Shelf "hides in the floor when you don't need it."

Can one stow the Shelf in the floor if the Tray is in place? If so, does the Shelf go on top of or underneath the Tray (presumably underneath)? If not, is there any point in having both the Shelf and the Tray?

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I think the cargo tray is a good idea. The cargo shelf on the other hand....

I had a cargo shelf in my minivan and it was pretty useless. Mostly got in the way. Often I didn't have the third seat pushed all the way back and that made it worse.

If the rear seat is always there, then it may be ok. But don't be too surprised if you do like I did, and you wind up throwing it away in a year.
  • lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    The deck stores neatly on the floor, with either the carpet or hard side facing up. However, it doesn't extend all the way to the back seat, leaving a gap of several inches. So I'm not sure the cargo tray will fit neatly on top.

I've found the deck to be of little use. It adds privacy to what's stored in the cargo area if that's an issue. But, too often, it just gets in the way of loading stuff into the vehicle.
  • dtstofdtstof Member Posts: 61
    I have both on my 2007. The dual deck cargo tray enables you to add additional cargo to the back while not stacking everything on top of each other. For instance,when grocery shopping, all the paper supplies can go up top. You can keep it folded in half for tall items down below and still have a small shelf up top. It also hides everything in the trunk. It fits on the floor. I have both items and love them.
  • motoguy128motoguy128 Member Posts: 146
    I find the shelf very useful. It gives you 2 levels for groceries... so you can place the lighter, squishable item on top and heavier items down below. Just stow it on the floor when you dont' need it. It also hides items underneith it too.

The gap behind the seat is a lot smaller if you recline the rear seats a little ways..
This discussion has been closed.