Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fight for recall of CVT for Nissan Rogues and the like

15678911»

Comments

• I have a 2015 nissan rogue and this happens without fail every time I drive longer than 45min. My fiance almost got hit making a left and the car just stopped working in the intersection.  We are going to nissan as soon as we get the chance. If they don't do anything I'm going to try adding anew auxiliary transmission cooler to help kept the cvt out of failsafe.  I'm so pissed I bought this P.O.S.
  • mari224imari224i Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 and had the transmission replaced last year by Nissan... i had a nearly fatal accident with a tractor trailer last year on the turnpike and that's when i found all the comments regarding the problems with the car. I called in to the Coporate office and they agreed to replace the CVT... the dealership said no... and i told them i had already spoken to the Corp office and they had approved it. Had to get the corporate office to call the dealership. they still put me through the testing of the vehicle etc. luckily i don't do a lot of driving but now after further reading the comments where the problem reappears - i'm afraid to go on any long trips.... Well i don't know if anyone else has brought this to the attention of the media. But i did submit it to the local media in hopes that they will pick this up and do an investigative report. I gave them the link to this forum.. so they can get a taste of just how deep this problem is. No more Nissan for me!
  • shir5074shir5074 Posts: 1
    I bought a brand new 2013 Nissan Rogue, never had any problems except for tires.
    For the past 2 months,I had been hearing a whistling sound upon acceleration, took it to Nissan dealership where I bought it. Told me I had to pay 120.00 diagnostic fee,I refused, then they told they found a big screw in the tire and that might be causing the noise.They changed the tire,I had extended warranty so I didn't care noise went away for a while and now it's gotten worse. I have to bring it in to them again, now that I have read so many customers problems with the transmission. Apparently they lied to me that it was the tire.

• beatlebug5beatlebug5 Posts: 2
    Acceleration issues while on highway!!! it will loose acceleration at 65-70 mph and creep to a 30mph stall. Mash the gas you get air in the pedal, no juice no nothing but it will creep down the road and about 10 miles later jump back to 40-50-60 mph very gradually. If it looses acceleration while at a stop sign coming off an interstate or, red light forget it. it will sit there till it's ready to move. Car cannot be drive past 15 miles before this happens. Also overdrive control is very loud grinding noises, cruise control will also kick the acceleration issue in gear as well. can't use either.Car must have sat cold on the dealers lot and during my test drive did not show any of these issues. Drove it over state lines and over that 20 miles with out a problem the day I brought it. I will NOT drive this car except very short distances like 5-6 miles from home. My mechanic says this is a transmission related problem and when you have a transmission related problem in any car it's junk in my view.So when i get rid of this one i will never look to a Nissan again and waste my hard earned money!
  • beatlebug5beatlebug5 Posts: 2
    just filed a NHTSA complain.
  • dserrano1dserrano1 Posts: 1

mari224i said:

I have a 2010 and had the transmission replaced last year by Nissan... i had a nearly fatal accident with a tractor trailer last year on the turnpike and that's when i found all the comments regarding the problems with the car. I called in to the Coporate office and they agreed to replace the CVT... the dealership said no... and i told them i had already spoken to the Corp office and they had approved it. Had to get the corporate office to call the dealership. they still put me through the testing of the vehicle etc. luckily i don't do a lot of driving but now after further reading the comments where the problem reappears - i'm afraid to go on any long trips.... Well i don't know if anyone else has brought this to the attention of the media. But i did submit it to the local media in hopes that they will pick this up and do an investigative report. I gave them the link to this forum.. so they can get a taste of just how deep this problem is. No more Nissan for me!

Would you mind giving me the info to Corporate? Maybe I can get them to fix mine. I had a bad experience last night and I'm afraid to even drive my Rogue down the street. 
  • I Own a 2013 Nissan Rogue S AWD. bought as a left over In November 2014. The first year I had the vehicle I complained about the transmission not shifting properly I was told it's completely normal.  I also replaced 4 tires along with brake pads all the way around. Every 6 months the brakes need to be lubricated or they will hang and cause premature brake wear. Now in 2017 I replaced 2 rear wheel bearing assemblies, brakes and rotors all the way around plus 4 tires again. Not to mention the awful vibration and high pitched squeel coming from the transmission. I have been told since day one that the noises and shifting issues are normal. Now after the warranty has expired, the Nissan dealer I bought the Rogue from finally diagnosed the transmission problem. Judging from the forum's I have read, I'm not alone and this is not an isolated incident. As of today, 43 months after I first complained about the transmission;  I'm still no further ahead. Nissan needs to change my transmission but I fear I will joint the thousands of other Rogue owners who paid for the repair out of their own pocket. Now I see why the dealer was so adamant about buying a an expensive extended warranty and unless I paid for said warranty out of my pocket it becomes an even more expensive  warranty over the life of the loan. I would also be required to pay a deductible for all work performed.   I found out the hard way like so many other Nissan owners....I should have bought something else! 

• My 2010 Nissan Rogue (with only 55k miles) will not accelerate while going uphill on an interstate highway. When flooring the gas pedal, the car will slow down from 70 to 60 to 50 to 40 mph on a uphill (there were only three passengers including the driver). The car transmission will eventually stop working until the car cooled down.

Took car to a Nissan service center and was repaired under Nissan's CVT 10 year/120k mile warranty referencing TSB NTB14-002E. The valve body was removed/replaced and an external cooler was installed to resolve the transmission issue. The repair was free of charge but was an inconvenienced.

15678911»