Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2010 Chevy Impala traction control light & engine light

124»

Comments

• I don't know how this works, so I hope someone can help me! I bought a used 2006 Chevy Impala in July or August. Today, December 5th, I experienced the "Service Traction Control" and "Engine Power Reduced." I am aware this is a reoccurring problem and a popular one at that among Chevy/GM for some reason. Was there something the company has done to address this issue? I just got this car and I just experienced this problem so I didn't know about it prior to this day. From what I've read it's commonly the throttle body? Is there a recall on that?
  • taymj94taymj94 Posts: 2
    edited December 2015

• andyz3andyz3 Posts: 10
    I own a 2011 as well. with the same gas pedal issues and my dealer is repairing mine for free.
  • king1981king1981 Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    2013 Chevrolet Impala Limited LT. Car has 57,000 miles on it. When stopped and making a turn (in either direction) there is a grinding noise. This is intermittent and each time it occurs the traction control light appears. When this happens it is hard to control the vehicle and has almost caused me to wreck. In addition, the car is losing power when it should be able to coast down a hill. Also, the brakes are really tight. This is a safety hazard and I fear for the safety of my child and my elserly parents that I take care of. I put my trust in a Chevrolet product that is well under a power train warranty and I feel that this should be covered as well as recalled. So many people have had this issue and had near death experiences. Please help me. I really do not want to regret my purchase. 
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Sounds like some kind of malfunction in the Stability Control. You'd best get it into the dealer if you are still under warranty. It's impossible to diagnose this problem remotely aside from making some wild guesses, like a yaw (tilt) sensor or steering angle sensor going bad.
  • Sounds like some kind of malfunction in the Stability Control. You'd best get it into the dealer if you are still under warranty. It's impossible to diagnose this problem remotely aside from making some wild guesses, like a yaw (tilt) sensor or steering angle sensor going bad.

Would this be covered under the power train 100,000 mile warranty. 
  • As I read everyone's post I don't feel so alone. I love my impala but 5 months ago my service traction control popped up and I lots power. Took it to get fixed cost me $300 now it's happiness again. Can anyone please tell me why it's happing.
  • rlucius5rlucius5 Posts: 1
    I have been having the exact same problem with my 2008 Chevy Impala. It has 121,000 miles on it. The Service Traction Control light comes on and there is power loss in the car. I fear that I am going to get into an accident while my baby boy is in the car. I am hoping that there is a sold fix for this because it is dangerous! I can't believe with so many people experiencing the same problem that a recall has not been made!! Ridiculous!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    The problem is that it isn't one problem, You could have ten different cars with ten different solutions.

@money_pit07 : What was your fix?
  • tburkettburket Posts: 1
    Same problem with my 2014 Impala LTZ Limited. I take the car to the car wash and 2 or 3 days later the Service Traction Control and Engine Power Reduced alerts pop up. I can spray the brake calipers out with air or wash out with water and the lights don't come back on until the car goes back to the car wash. I had the car in the shop last week and they washed with a pressure washer. Same thing happened. The car is back in the shop with them telling me that they have no idea what the issue is.
  • I replaced all the wheel hubs and the right one four times. Abs and traction control light was still on. Ordered a replacement wire from the assembly going to cpu. $25 part 20 minutes to fix, lights gone!

I used the Dorman Wheel Speed Sensor Harness. Jacked up the car spliced two wires reconnected them and reconnected the sensor, problem solved!!!
  • Hi everyone,

I am here because unfortunately I've had the same Stabilitrak issue as many of you on here. I've contacted GM directly multiple times and they refuse to look into the issue insisting that there is "nothing" wrong with their faulty vehicle. I could have been seriously injured when my car just left me on the left side of the road and all they say is "I'm very sorry for the inconvenience." I highly suggest everyone who is on this forum to please please PLEASE file a complaint with the NHTSA http://www.nhtsa.gov/ on this vehicle to make this company pay for the faulty equipment on their vehicle. I have seen many posts where people say GM helped them repair this issue completely free, but yet will do absolutely NOTHING to help me. If you are a user looking into purchasing any vechicle from GM please save your money and go with someone more reliable and that will actually care about your safety and well being!! BEWARE of GM they will sell you these cars and take your money but will do nothing to help once their poorly made vehicles break down!!

And for anyone who had this problem and had to fix it, would you mind letting me know how you fixed it and what exactly was wrong? My car has not turned on for a week and we really need it to be up and running very soon. Thanks!!