Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Chevrolet Sonic

13»

Comments

• I'd like to know how the Sonic hatchback performs in snow driving.

• mick1mick1 Posts: 84
    edited January 2014

You are right. Chevy is a car for the masses. Buick is for those who cannot afford Cadillacs. And I no longer have a wallet, I carry a man purse, it's European. Maybe I should buy a rebadged Opel Mokka.

• 2015 Sonic 1.8l automatic - MPG

Well , here it is winter . Not running the A/C .

Our little Sonic has 24,000 + miles . Filled it up last Saturday . We have run several errands , 100% in town . The guess-o-meter on the dash is showing 29.5 + MPG .

Only modification is a self installed after market cruse control .

Last summer it got 23 - 24 MPG with the A/C being used much of the time .

I am happy . :-)

God bless
    Wyr
  • Steve EliasSteve Elias Posts: 2,185
    Longest road trip in 2016 sonic was 2600 miles roundtrip, boston to MN and back. on 4 snow tires. we hit zero snow but the snows made the car wander/track worse than with the factory tires. it was OK but i prefer larger car for long haul.
  • We have a 2015 Sonic . Fine for in town use . A little small for 2 large size senior citizens . For road trips .

But that is not the car's fault .

Not surprised about the snow tires , on dry roads . Nature of the beast . I have owned only 2 snow tires in over 45 years of driving ( about 40 years ago ) . Best I remember , they acted that way too . I learned my sesson .

We do not get enough ice / snow in a " normal " winter to justify snow tires .

We replaced the OEM tires on our Sonic at about 40,000 miles .

Wyr
    God bless