Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 EX-L or 2011 EX-L

zachtaylorzachtaylor Member Posts: 3
The prices i have from the dealer are as follows:
2011 Odyssey EX-L w/NAV = $34,000
2012 Odyssey EX-L w/Nav = $35,300

Which one is a better choice?

Comments

• Options
    patnicpatnic Member Posts: 27
    I would go with the 2012. I never like first model year cars.
  • Options
    nutmacnutmac Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    I think the only feature difference is Bluetooth, which was optional on 2011 (included with models with navigation system). It is now standard on EX and up, regardless of navigation. Since you are getting navigation for both, however, there shouldn't be any differences between two models (aside from possible decrease in resale value).
  • Options
    blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    Definitely 2012....the 2011 is already a used car at $4k depreciation less than the 2012.

I never found that a "leftover" was a bargain.

I'm looking at 2011 Sienna vs. 2012 and the only difference is $1000 cash back. Can't combine the financing special with the $1000 cash.
  • Options
    cooljoe613cooljoe613 Member Posts: 3
    i just got the exl with nav and i had the same choice and i compared the two,

the only difference is the 12 has a high resolution nav screen but the 11s screen is extremely sharp and there is no need for it.

another thing to consider is resale value in the short term it will make a diff but if you will keep the car for 5 to 10 years it wont be an issue.