Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Invoice Price. Who's Right Edmunds or the Dealer?

jcarlisjcarlis Member Posts: 1
I have spent the last 2 days negotiating with a couple of dealers on a new 2012 S class and we have been negotiating from invoice and not MSRP. Last night we agreed on price. I have bought several cars from this dealer and have found them to be reputable (Park Place Mercedes in Texas). When I showed up this morning we agreed on everything regarding the invoice with one exception. Edmund's and every other internet site (True Car, AOL) have the base 2012 Invoice price of $87855. However, PP swore up and down that the invoice price is $88,855 and that Edmunds and others have bad or stale pricing from MB. They showed me the invoice on the computer but for all I know they could have a program that adds $1,000 to every invoice base price.
I agreed to their terms knowing I probably have enough leverage to get them to change it, but there is this nagging feeling in the back of my brain that I got duped by an old car sales trick. Any thoughts?