Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Plus & Minus Sign on Shift

deboraddeborad Member Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in Jeep
I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee that did not come with an owner's manual. On the shift is a plus and minus sign and I have no clue what it's for, if anything. I've asked other Jeep owners but I'm the only one with a 2005. Does anyone know what it's for? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Can't see it from here (that's a joke), but the +/- is usually where you push your automatic shifter over, then shift manually.... One direction upshifts, the other direction downshifts... hence, the +/-

Some call those transmissions, manumatics.... because even though they are automatics, you can shift through the gears manually...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
  • md2005md2005 Member Posts: 1
    The gear shifter on my 05 grand cherokee laredo labeled + & - just stopped working. Nothing appears on the dash when you slide either way & it definitely isn't going into a lower gear. Any ideas?
  • KeesterKeester Member Posts: 1
    the silver + and - tabs on steering column on my 2016 grand cherokee Laredo. with no oweners manual yet I dont know how they work. ????? Keester
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Keester said:

the silver + and - tabs on steering column on my 2016 grand cherokee Laredo. with no oweners manual yet I dont know how they work. ????? Keester

Are they paddle shifters? Pull on one paddle and you manually shift the transmission up. Pull on the other paddle for down shifts.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator