Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW i3-Series

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
The BMW i3 will be available this coming Fall/2012. Talk about it here!

Comments

• deweydewey Member Posts: 5,251
    edited April 2012
    I am eagerly awaiting the new BMW i3. I know this will not be a very popular car in North AMerica. Despite that I love its engineering idiosyncricies.

Currently I own a 2010 Prius and was a former 2007 BMW 335i and 1999 BMW 323i owner.

I want a combo of both types of cars whenever I go next time to the showroom.

After a Prius I never want to spend much on fuel again. And at the same time I want more BMW performance zing from my battery than what Toyota provides me.

So far I love the reliability of my Prius but hated the reliability of my last BMW.
    My last BMW transformed me from a performance nut intoa religious Consumers Report subscriber who will only seek cars with the most red dots.

I know the technology of the BMW i3 will be amazing especially with those light weight composite materials. I am crossing my fingers that they will also be reliable. Also those run flat tires? God forbid if that is the part of the BMW i series package.

There will be many electrical/hybrid options out there without run flat tires.

Last year I was invited by BMW to test drive the new 535 series in track like conditions and loved how it drove. But will never get such a car again because my thrill for performance is not as strong as my obsessiveness with fuel frugality.

In Florida I rented a tiny Kia Rio and felt that car consumed fuel like a pig.
    I almost had a nervous breakdown when I saw the fuel consumption of a Nissan Pathfinder I had rented in Idaho.

So that leaves me wanting to have a tiny fun to drive fuel efficient BMW i3 which I will use mainly for urban driving in Toronto.

Anybody else out here in this forum who is interested in the BMW i3?
    Or most likely anybody here who really hates the idea of a undersized electrical applicance-like BMW i3 with performance pretensions (this ain't going to be a BMW i8)?

Please let me know.
    edited April 2012
    WoW!

Almost two weeks and nobody else is interested in the i series.
    Eureka! I finally found out what the "i" stands for: Indifference.

Anyways I am back on snooze mode and I hope somebody, anybody wakes me up hopefully by 2013 when The BMW i series are on the roads.

Good night.
    edited October 2012
    Hey folks,

just want everyone here in this forum to know that I am interested now in a new plug in Honda Accord hyrbid.
    Pardon my fickleness.

Anyways it's been great to participate here in this forum and wish the sole participant here a lot of luck with his future plug in hybrid Honda Accord.

Aufwiedersehen it was fun being here.