Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda CR-V airbag did not deploy in frontal crash

cranderscranders Member Posts: 2
My daughter was in a frontal crash in her 2006 CR-V. She was going about 45 mph and T-boned a car that pulled out in front of her. The airbags did not deploy. The frame rail was kinked and so the car was totaled by the insurance company. I called Honda America to see if they would look at the car to determine why the airbags didn't deploy. They told me I would have to personally have to car towed to them. I pressed them to tell me Honda America would reimburse me for the cost of towing the car. They wouldn't tell me that. It seems as though I shouldn't have to pay to send the car to them so they can do their job. I'm doing them a favor by telling them about it. They should drive out to the body shop to look at it. What should I do? Do any of you know anything about this sort of thing? Thanks.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    I'm just curious... was anyone hurt in the accident?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cranderscranders Member Posts: 2
    Only one person was in the car. She had minorish injuries. She had a sore back and neck and some headaches.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    This is just an observation.... obviously, I wasn't there...

But, it's possible the accident didn't trigger the sensors that would activate the airbags... Sometimes, what looks like major damage doesn't impart the exact type of force that is measured by the sensor..

I only mention this, because it doesn't sound like she had the type of injuries an airbag would prevent (impact to head or torso, etc..). It's possible they didn't deploy because they weren't needed?

I'm glad to hear she wasn't seriously injured, though... That is a scary event that is hard to get past.

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator