Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

electrical/ignition problems

sbabksbabk Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
I own a '95 Safari with 48.00 miles on the odometer. a few days ago when I tried to start the engine it wouldn't start.I turn the key and it's dead no cranking, no clicking nothing, I try again seconds later and it fires right up. The next day I bring it to my mechanic and it stars every time I try and he writes it off as a tricky ignition switch.
two days later I it go to start it again and it wouldn't start for 10 minutes. I bring it back to the shop and the van starts every time I try.
About two weeks prior as I was driving the van it cut off. I had the fuel pump replaced, and the gas tank flushed out but it turned out to be a short circuit. afterwards, the van ran great. it even got better fuel mileage.
Are the problems related? Is it an indication of a larger problem?

Comments

• thendryxthendryx Member Posts: 1
    1999 GMC Safari Van when I turn ignition to start at times gages and warning lights go nuts.At times they settle back and it will start,and other times it seems no connection.I disconnected battery a few times and it would start.Now it seems to not want to start.IDK if ignition its self or maybe its the PCM (Computor) only code I get is a misfire. Over the last 3 months I have changed fuel pump,relays and several sensors to no avail at fixing issue.Any help would be great.