Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Malibu throttle body replacement warranty

beleni85beleni85 Member Posts: 2
I have a 2010 Chevy Malibu...Dealership is saying throttle body needs to be replaced but because my car is a 2010 its not covered by warranty... Stated if it was a 2009 or 2011 it would be covered... Asking me to pay almost $600 to replace... Anyone come across this? Sounds ridiculous. Help please..

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    If we can check into this further for you, beleni85, please don't hesitate to contact us at socialmedia@gm.com with more details (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • bryanbryan Member Posts: 198
    What about the 3 year, 36,000 bumper to bumper warranty? Or are you past that?
  • beleni85beleni85 Member Posts: 2
    I'm already past that.
  • nwaller1nwaller1 Member Posts: 2

I will not under any circumstance purchase a chevy I have a 2010 malibu i purchased in 2011 now is saying the throttle body is gone and it only has 60,000 miles and is not covered under powertrain warranty. And now is telling me 800 dollars to fix on a car im still paying for.

• mailbu25mailbu25 Member Posts: 1

I am currently experiencing the exact same problem. I have a 2011 Chevy Malibu and I have always maintained the scheduled maintenance and replaced brakes etc. whenever needed. I am currently at 55,000 miles and my car broke down on me on Saturday. I was told the total cost to replace the throttle body along with a fuel induction service (whatever that is) will cost $900. I was appalled! I can believe I gave the American car a chance. I am so disappointed with the amount of money I have poured into this car in such a short period of time. I am currently looking for the email for the GM President. I am a single mother that has never missed a payment and consistently has my car serviced when needed. I just can't afford it anymore. For the money I have spent in two years, I should've purchased a Mercedes!

• mrsd1mrsd1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2011 Chevy Malibu and It has about 55,000 miles and I am having problems with it not wanting to crank. It sounds like it is out of gas. Were any of you having this problem?
  • djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    The 2010 Malibu is a total piece of junk! No quality! Constant transmission operational issues! Front end vibrations between 55 to 65 mph! Dealers cannot solve the problem! It is a death trap on wheels! I cannot wait to trade in this vehicle! Once traded, this vehicle should be sent to the crusher as scrap!