Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 forester new, first drive accident

cpmonkeecpmonkee Member Posts: 12
First day drove the car and ran into a stop sign. There are scratches and cuts on the bumper but no major damage. However, the metal beam behind the plastic bumper is dented. Is this a cause for concern? Please let me know thanks! There is no other damage, radiator is fine.

Comments

• Options
    once_for_allonce_for_all Member Posts: 1,640
    if it's brand new, let insurance deal with it. Something like that will drop your car's value by a lot, and also be an eyesore for you for a long time.

John
  • Options
    cpmonkeecpmonkee Member Posts: 12
    it is not noticeable just looking at it and technically my insurance didn't cover it. (in between insurance policies) I just dont know if it is something that needs to be fixed or if it is just a cosmetic issue? I plan on owning the car for at least 10 years
  • Options
    once_for_allonce_for_all Member Posts: 1,640
    if there is no noticeable damage, I can't imagine safety or driving issues. If the cosmetic issue isn't a problem and you can live with it for 10 years, then it sounds like you are fine doing nothing.

John