Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Tahoe Hybrid Surge Problem

hhvhhv Member Posts: 1
edited August 2013 in Chevrolet
2009 Hybrid Thaoe surges when braking to stop in traffic. When the system transfers from Hybrid Mode the vehicle surges ahead risking the potential to hit the vehicle or person in front. Dealer "found nothing on computer, unable to recreate problem", Sullivan Chevrolet Avon CT

Comments

• 1place1place Member Posts: 1
    having same problem with a 2009 Tahoe hybrid, when slowing down at a light vehicle is reported to surge ahead, after scanning and road testing for 3 days with different drivers to recreate the issue with no luck " No fault found " have you made any headway with your problem as it sounds one in the same?
  • spritemanspriteman Member Posts: 25
    Does your Tahoe have regenerative braking? If so, it sounds like the braking system might be causing the surging - perhaps it's braking/not braking without smoothing out the transitions.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hi 1place,

I'm sorry that your dealership hasn't been able to duplicate this surging issue on your Tahoe. If you would like for us to reach out to your dealership about this situation we would be happy to do so. If this interests you, please email us your name, VIN, mileage, and dealership. We can be reached via email at socialmedia@gm.com [attn Amber].

Thank you

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • rgould22rgould22 Member Posts: 21
    I had this problem with my GMC hybrid pickup truck. After about a month of effort they finally fixed it. They told me it was a faulty auxiliary oil pump in the transmission. Apparently there is an electric oil pump that takes over then the engine isn't running.