Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Chevrolet Malibu

hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
edited March 2016 in Chevrolet
Cosmetic changes, additional leg room in the back, stop-start standard with the 2.5 engine are some of the main enhancements for the 2014s. Do these changes position the 2014 Malibu significantly better in the ultra competitive mid-size segment?

Comments

• djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    Has GM improved the overall "QUALITY" of this SUV? ---- Does the high pressure fuel pump still leak raw fuel into the crankcase of the engine thus destroying the engine? ---- Has GM done anything about improving "customer service" and "customer satisfaction?" ---- Has GM and the dealers improved their warranty service, and their concern for the individual customer? ---- These are the important issues with regards to this NEW vehicle! ---- Dwayne
  • bryanbryan Member Posts: 198

I've had my 2013 2LT Malibu for 15 months now. I currently have close to 11,000 miles on the odo. I am enjoying every mile. It is an awesome automobile.

• mr_smithmr_smith Member Posts: 22

Just got a 2014 Malibu 1LT 2 weeks ago. Why does the AC light come on when I am running the heat?? Can somebody enlighten me?

• crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Member Posts: 2,345

@mr_smith said:
    Just got a 2014 Malibu 1LT 2 weeks ago. Why does the AC light come on when I am running the heat?? Can somebody enlighten me?

You may have heat chosen, but probably have a form of front defrost mode chosen also. i.e. either full 'defrost' or combo of 'defrost/floor'.
    This is done for a number of reasons but the two primary ones are being able to help demist the windshield under certain seasonal/high humidity conditions, but also..having the A/C compressor cycle during the off-season is good for system longevity while the internal oil in the system is circulated to help keep seals pliable and assist in maintaining gas quantity.

If it is really cold out, the light may come on but the compressor may not cycle until a milder winter day comes along. This is managed by a thermo-electric fuse in the system.

• crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Member Posts: 2,345

@djm2 said:
    Has GM improved the overall "QUALITY" of this SUV? ---- Does the high pressure fuel pump still leak raw fuel into the crankcase of the engine thus destroying the engine? ---- Has GM done anything about improving "customer service" and "customer satisfaction?" ---- Has GM and the dealers improved their warranty service, and their concern for the individual customer? ---- These are the important issues with regards to this NEW vehicle! ---- Dwayne

Excellent points raised here. They are not exaggerated, unfortunately. When I read it I was nodding my head in agreement as I recall having read from the beginning, the Edmunds forum about 'Problems with 2010 Equinox"...or something like that. I really wanted to like the Equinox because in many regards it ticked so many boxes for me. AWD availability, FE with the 4 cyl, extra quiet ride for its class, extra cargo and seat room for its class, fairly good seats for its class..and I personally liked its look. But after reading so many...well.. literal horror stories surrounding primarily that crappy 2.5 4 cylinder GM incompetently tries to pass off as an engine, I resoundingly said, NO THANKS, GM!

What I would like to know (from someone IN the know) (imidazol maybe?) is..how can GM have such a disaster with an engine in one model, yet seemingly not have anywhere near the number of issues with that engine when used in a different model? It makes no sense whatsoever, and certainly doesn't inspire ANY confidence for anyone considering a GM purchase.

I don't have the grid/guiding lines on the screen for the backup cam on my 2014 mailbu. Does anybody else NOT have the grid lines in the backup cam on the 2014 Malibu?

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

Hello mr_smith,

I'd be glad to look further into this for you. You can reach out to me via email at socialmedia@gm.com and put Attn:Andraya in the subject line. Please include your full contact information and your VIN.

Thank you,

Andraya
    GM Customer Care

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145

A reporter would like to speak to an owner of a GM car who has had a recent experience with a dealer service department during recalls. If you own a GM car, even one that was not included in the recent recalls, and you've been able to make a service appoint with no problem, or if the recalls have complicated your ability to make a service appointment, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, Aug 6, 2014 at 4 p.m. PT/7 p.m. ET.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

In my 2014 Malibu., my driver seat makes a popping sound underneath whenever my weight shifts during stops and turns? Will the dealership repair this? Please help
    We saw your post on another thread as well, mr_smith. Are you still planning to head to the dealership to have your seat inspected? If so, we'll gladly stay involved throughout the process and contact your dealership if necessary. Please feel free to contact us via private message if we can assist further.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    gmcustsvc said:

We saw your post on another thread as well, mr_smith. Are you still planning to head to the dealership to have your seat inspected? If so, we'll gladly stay involved throughout the process and contact your dealership if necessary. Please feel free to contact us via private message if we can assist further.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care

Yes I plan on heading there tomorrow (7/10). The dealership is Hare Chevrolet in Noblesville, Indiana. My car is still under warranty. Thanks for the help and I will be in contact w/ you.

Ryan Smith
    mr_smith said:

gmcustsvc said:

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care

Yes I plan on heading there tomorrow (7/10). The dealership is Hare Chevrolet in Noblesville, Indiana. My car is still under warranty. Thanks for the help and I will be in contact w/ you.

Ryan Smith
    Sounds like a plan Ryan. We look forward to your update!

Jasmine F
    Chevrolet Customer Care
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    To Moderator: Please change the title of this discussion to 2016 Malibu. Thanks.
  • prizmgurlprizmgurl Member Posts: 21
    In addition to Prizm and Cobalt, my family has a 2016 Malibu. Lucille's (Malibu's name) been with us for almost 19 months and may have been out of alignment due to my dad bumping a curb. He had it inspected this past spring and they said it was out of alignment. Dad tried to think of how that could've happened, since if she really was out of alignment, it must've been briefly as she had no real symptoms he could detect. And all he could think of was perhaps that curb bump mere days before. Other than that, her 10,000 some miles have been perfect. Her name's due to her Butte Red color and Lucille seeming like a red name to Dad. Sometimes we call her "the baby", for being our youngest car (21 months build age, though she's 2 model years old) or I call her Lucy.