Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra - Owners hangout

1178179180181182184»

Comments

• jnealjneal Posts: 247
    Almost anything is possible given sufficent money and time......
    In this case however I would think that it would be far easier and probably about as cheap to trade in the "05 on a "07. Plus it sounds like you already have the 'other half's' approval :)
  • Obyone,
    What is your opinion of Michelin LTX M/S tires regarding ride comfort, milage performance, handling performance, tire pressure and any other comments you can make comparing: P265-75-16 & LT265-75-16 ("C" rating) on a 2K Sierra short bed, standard cab? The bed is fairly heavily loaded with tools most of the time. My daily commute is short but most weekends involve several hundred miles of hi way travel.

Ed
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    I had LTX M/S tires (LT215/85R16E) on my 96 Ram dually, outstanding performance. I put over 55,000 on them in just 3 years, and they still had tread left. They even held their own in light to moderate snow.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,054
    The "P" tire will give better ride results. I'm assuming you have a 1500 series truck. If that's the case, I don't see any benefit from owning a LT series tire since the weight rating of the P series exceeds the max load for the truck.
  • I recently purchased a 2006 gmc sierra crew cab 2wd and I have a vibration or bounce that comes in just above 40mph. It turns into more of a vibration at 50 and above. I think it is related to the aluminum driveshaft. GMC is saying they are working on new body mounts to stop the problem.Anyone else have this problem and know what to do to fix it?
  • p100p100 Posts: 1,116
    If your truck came with factory General tires, I would start looking there and replace the tires with Michelin LTX M/S. These General tires are of such horrible quality that some Silverado owners insisted on another brand of tires when the tires were repeatedly replaced by dealers under warranty for various vibration problems.

Who determined that your driveshaft is the root cause of the problem? I have the same aluminum driveshaft on my '06 crew cab Z71 and no vibration. If the driveshaft is bent or out of balance, it should be replaced/rebalanced. That's not that hard to figure out. As for body mounts being the culprit, I have not heard that.
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516

As you may have noticed, we are reorganizing the Forums to allow better focus and easier searching when you have a particular problem or comment about any given vehicle. Many of the large generic discussions (like this one) will be closed to new posts, and we ask that you continue in the more focused discussions that you can find at the Group page for the vehicle, linked below. This discussion will not be deleted, so you can still search for information in it.

We recognize this is going to take some getting used to (for the hosts too!), so please bear with us. If you have any questions, you can always email the host of any discussion - the link is at the top of each page to the host who oversees that discussion.

If you don't see a discussion in the group appropriate to your question or comment, start a new one, or send me an email, and I'll point you in the right direction!

Thanks!
    kcram - Pickups Host

Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra Group
This discussion has been closed.