Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Where is the Chevrolet "COLORADO"?

eric2001eric2001 Member Posts: 482
Denver maybe???

ha ha - just kidding

-Eric
Tagged:

Comments

• ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    area 51 as of now
  • barlitzbarlitz Member Posts: 752
    you can read about it at www.pickuptruck.com. It will increased in size to the Dakota/Tundra class with 4 engines available inluding an inline 6 and a 4.8 V8.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    does it have wheels?
  • eric2001eric2001 Member Posts: 482
    No wheels, why do you think Ryan said it was in area 51?
    -Eric
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262
    Any speculation as to its similarity to the Trailblazer (like the S-10 is similar to the Blazer)? I really wish someone would offer a diesel and/or hybrid in a compact pickup--doubt we'll see it, but the redesign would have been a good opportunity for GM. Things seem to be really tight-lipped for a product that is only a year away.
  • jim4444jim4444 Member Posts: 124
    Supposedly the S10 (Colorado?) and Trailblazer are parting ways. The TB goes midsize and the Colorado is a compact.
  • btate2002btate2002 Member Posts: 64
    The Colorado is supposed to go midsize as well in order to better compete with the Dakota and have one up on the Ranger.
  • hillhoundhillhound Member Posts: 537
    But I saw somewhere that the 2002 S-10 may be available with the 4.8L. Anyone know if that's true?
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262
    The only information I've seen regarding the 4.8L is earlier in this discussion. Other speculation I have read says that the new 4.2L in the Trailblazer will be the basis for new four and five-cylinder engines, all three of which will be available in the new pickups. The horsepower and torque numbers are similar for the 4.2L and 4.8L, but I could see them both being offered as options because some buyers will demand a V8, especially in a midsize truck. IMO, either engine would be more than sufficient on power, even for a midsize pickup.
  • jim4444jim4444 Member Posts: 124
    I read in the Chicago paper that the I4 and I5 based on the new 4.2 I6 were approved for production.

Does this mean the S10 (colorado?) will be all new in 2002?
  • btate2002btate2002 Member Posts: 64
    I have constantly hear 2003 model year, but it could be ready early in 2002 though, like the Trailblazer.
  • barlitzbarlitz Member Posts: 752
    I did some reading on the I6,they said with just the upgrade of a cat back duel exhaust it will bump the HP to 300. I hope they build a bigger S-10 with the I6 and the ZR2 package.
  • ricschricsch Member Posts: 540
    Read in a car mag that VW was working on a truck named a Colorado, so it should get interesting to see which make gets the name!
  • eric2001eric2001 Member Posts: 482
    GM had taken VW to court over that and won. So Chevy will have the only "Colorado" -Eric
  • jauto98jauto98 Member Posts: 77
    Saw a Spy Pic I think in either motor trend or car and driver. Wasn't very revealling. Looks like the grille is much larger, in fact, the whole front end looks larger. The spy vehicle looks like a version of the ZR2 package. Hope it looks good. Think it also said it will have the iterations of the 4.2 in 4, 5, and 6 cylinder engines (should include the 4.2...finally some pwr)
  • swooshmanswooshman Member Posts: 56
    Chev is gonna have a V8 in the new S10.. This is sweet! This truck will finally have some muscle to battle with the dakota V8..

Swoosh

Check out this link for more:

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/future/chevrolet/sseries.html

• jauto98jauto98 Member Posts: 77
    Um... Hate to burst your bubble swooshman, but I wouldn't trust this site for accurate info. For one thing, I don't think GM would consider putting in the 4.3 Liter V6, since GM is developing two engines that are based on the quite powerful 4.2 Inline six engine. I think the 4.2 Inline six will be the biggest engine you can get in this upcoming truck. Figuring the Trailblazer has this engine and it produces 270 hp and 275 ft-lbs of torque, this engine acts almost like the 4.8 V8 offered on the full-size trucks but is more economical. I've also read somewhere that the inline 5, a derivative of the 4.2 will be turbo charged, but I don't know what the output of this engine is. Hope GM doesn't falter. Am considering this truck (whatever they call it) or the fullsize Silverado/Sierra pickups