Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Hyundai Azera Owners Experiences

Comments

• zredsoxzredsox Posts: 90
    Does it make your window guards look funny, now that you have chrome? Did you get yours from weathertech.com?

msazzyindc -

No, it doesn't make my window guards look funny, in fact, everything looks pretty sharp.

Yes, mine are WeatherTech and I ordered them from their website.

Glad you got a good laugh out of my situation.
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    This is why I wanted to make sure I got the ones that fit in the window channel so that you don't hide the chrome trim around the windows. I knew if you got those ones you stick to the outside, it would look awful!!! You don't lose any of the look, in fact...you enhance it!! ;)
  • floridabob1floridabob1 Posts: 1,190
    RE;349
    Mike
    I'm happy if they know where to put the air in the tires.
    The Service Advisors and Parts Manager know little or nothing about the Azera. The service techs are nice guys, but it is a learning experience for them with every new issue.
    Hyundai needs to put more emphasis on customer support.
    I feel you on that. It seems that I knew nothing about the programming of the door locks until I came on this forum myself. When I went to my dealer about it, he was going to charge me $45 to do it. If it wasn't for the visiting Hyundai Rep that was there that day that told me that it should be done free of charge...I would have paid the $45 to get it done. I mentioned that to the service manager and he was like, just bring it in when you do your first oil change and we'll take care of it.

It took a while for the techs to get caught up. I had a tech working on it concerning my air bag light a couple months ago (mind you it's an '06 I've had since Feb of '06) and he still was thinking it was a re-make of the XG350 and said he didn't like it until he had to work on mine and realized it was a totally different car. It is kinda scary that the techs themselves don't know what they should know.

I think right now at this point, there are dealerships where customers can still go in and be more educated on the Azera than anyone working at the dealer from the owner on down to the prep guys!

Hyundai definitely needs to turn the screws on those dealerships that are found to be deficient in the area of customer service. Granted, they may be independantly owned and operated stores, but I'm sure Hyundai can find a way to reward the good stores and punish the bad ones. They have no idea the black eye that poor customer service is putting on their quality products. A pretty woman becomes less attractive when she shows that she has a nasty attitude or an ill disposition.
  • dborthdborth Posts: 474
    re 354 "They have no idea the black eye that poor customer service is putting on their quality products"

They surely MUST know by now, and surely MUST have someone monitoring this Forum. I think the answer is that Huyndai is a huge corporation with a rapidly growing worldwide market share, except in the US. The Klowns in Korea obviously don't care. When they start hounding me about "Genesis" as my Azera lease term nears expiration... ;)
    You would think, however...based on the number of complaints that are still going on.

When they drop the Gensis and don't see it going anywhere...THAT, is when they'll start scratching their heads and wondering what's going on.
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Posts: 213
    They can do what Audi does. Telephone customer after service or sales at a dealership and survey. If a dealership gets bad marks, they get less cars, especially the ones that are hot. Dealers respond to this very well.
  • lightfootfllightfootfl Posts: 442
    Re: #354
    Changed title, but thought it might be more direct.
    I think that until the customers actually "rate" the services they receive from the dealers, then Hyundai, or whoever will never even try to change what they are doing. With all of the different "survey ratings" for about anything done showing the absolute top ratings, the manufacturers will never know what is really happening to the customers. So, big deal,they slip someone a "freebie" whatever it might be, just to give them the highest ratings. If we do it, they benefit, not us. We may actually be part of the problem, rather than the solution.
    Think about it..

van
  • pahefner01pahefner01 Posts: 202
    Alright, now I'm embarrased. I've owned my Azera for a year now and thought I knew it pretty well. I knew mine didn't have any chrome around the side windows, it was all black.

It took me about a week to find that the trim around the windows shouldn't be black. I kept looking at the brochure and thinking why is my window trim black. I went outside and pulled the rubber off.

Don't feel too bad.
  • msazzyindcmsazzyindc Posts: 118
    My dealership told me I was going to get a survey call but when they called I told her I had some issues and that my car was in service and I was picking it up that day and to call me the next day. DO you think they've called me back after 2 1/2 weeks? The answer is NO. I've called headquarters and of course, they have no clue as to what I speak of, and never heard of a survey.

As a matter of fact, this prompts me to call them back to see if they've found an answer yet.
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Posts: 213
    Just curious what colors dealers tend to buy.
  • msazzyindcmsazzyindc Posts: 118
    Actually I've seen more white Azera's on the lots than I've seen my black.
    There's a reason they are on the lots, I've been seeing the black, blue and silver ones all over. There's a sprinkling of white and sage greens and I've only seen a couple of the gold ones. I think the rarest sighting is the Aubergine colored ones.
  • royaltyroyalty Posts: 27
    I saw it yesterday whiling driving with the sunroof open. I have had the car less than two weeks with about 300 miles. I knew right away what it was and peeled it off.
  • royaltyroyalty Posts: 27
    Actually I do think it is chrome plating. When you plate a casting (such as these caliper housings) they do not get that hard, mirror-like shine you will find on polished items like rims. They get a shine much like you would find on a gold nugget so I do think they are chrome plated. I have plated castings before and they look just like this.
    I have yet to see any car that comes from the factory with chrome plating on the calipers. If they are, you got a one time deal because they just don't come from the dealer like that. It's not a plating you're looking at as most likely, the calipers are forg cast pieces. Plating is a coating you add to something to give it a sheen, shine or color. What you're looking at...is not a chome plating. Chrome plating serves one purpose...to add a shiny finish. So unless it looks like a chrome bumber, a set of chrome wheels or something like that...it's not a chome plating. Trust me my friend...your calipers are not chrome plated.
  • floridabob1floridabob1 Posts: 1,190
    RE:366
    Mike
    Do you mean that your Azzy did not come with the solid gold calipers?
    You should have dealt with my dealership. They promised everything and more.
    First chrome plated, now solid gold! :sick: Okay, I'm going back to my dealer and I'm pushing for platinum coated calipers doggone it! :blush: LOL
  • zredsoxzredsox Posts: 90
    First chrome plated, now solid gold! Okay, I'm going back to my dealer and I'm pushing for platinum coated calipers doggone it! LOL

Mike -

I just don't understand what model you bought. It must have been one of the very first ones because my chrome plated calipers with the solid gold edging also came with the Roadrunner Emergency Anchor with dashboard release in case the brakes should ever fail.

Don
    Okay...now I'm getting really :mad:!!! LMAO I guess this is what I have to suffer for having a full size spare tire, huh? Aye-yi-yi!!! :sick: Hey Don, do you think I could get the emergency drag chute instead of the anchor? ;)