It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I'd like to follow up to my last post half a year ago, as I have additional issues, and have taken a number of actions from the forums, but I'm still stumped.
I did replace the Environmental Panel from the junk yard, which fixed some of the issues. It now passes one test, but fails the AC test, which I assume is because the AC has issues. I still haven't figured out the turn signal because the instrument cluster stopped working, like so many others have. I went through all of the posts and tried most of what I could find:
I recently went to a junkyard and pulled an instrument cluster and BCM from a matching van year/model, but after installing and testing each, I was still unable to get any gauges to work. I also tried replacing the 300 ohm resistor on the original BCM, which didn't do anything.
I've re-flowed the solder on the instrument cluster and BCM for the connectors. I've done the IOD fuse trick. I've checked that the cable under the steering column is securely attached to the frame. I've replaced the battery with a new one.
I recently cleaned the pins on the male and female side of the instrument cluster connectors. After doing this the needles seemed to ping slightly like they were trying to work, just twitching at the bottom of the gauges, but I'll be trying the clean them again to see if that was the issue. I didn't see how I could bend the female side to make the connection closer, so if anyone can provide additional information, that would be great.
The van is great aside from not being able to see how fast I'm going, or how much fuel I have. When I turn the key the mileage does show up, along with the reading next to it, but once I turn the key further to start the van the mileage and other reading disappear. I'm also open to any other ideas on what I can try with this thing as I feel like I'm running out of options!
I've probably taken the BCM out about 10 times at this point, and the instrument cluster 4 times, so I'm getting good at that, at least! Thanks again for the information, it has been helpful for troubleshooting.