Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Coupe Warning Lights

kanoleeskanolees Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Honda
On the dash instrument panel of my 1993 Honda Accord wagon, where the gears are indicated, the D4 is flashing. What does this mean? I am also experiencing the common hot-engine-no-start problem which I have researched here and found a solution for (main relay)and will act on ASAP....are they related?

Comments

• kdlindstromkdlindstrom Member Posts: 1
    please let me know if you have found an answer to your question. I am having the same problem but my honda won't start in the morning when it is cooler and will start in the hot afternoon.
  • gumbysixgumbysix Member Posts: 1
    My 93 runs good but with poor gas mileage. The D4 light flashes but the car runs smooth. Did you find out what was the problem with yours?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    On the dash instrument panel of my 1993 Honda Accord wagon, where the gears are indicated, the D4 is flashing. What does this mean?

A flashing "D4" almost always means transmission trouble. Get to a mechanic soon.
  • joaquin12345joaquin12345 Member Posts: 2
    My honda accord is doing the same thing, however my D4 light usually starts to flash after i drive it somewhere whether its 1 block or 10 miles. I checked my TCM, which is located under the passenger side carpet. That seemed to be ok, next i have gotten to the shift lock solenoids which are two tower looking blocks on the left side of the engine compartment above the dip stick to the transmission. I think its that but will post later.
  • plummy2plummy2 Member Posts: 6
    Sorry for this being such a stupid question but I really have no idea what the correct answer is...I have a 2005 Honda Accord V6 Coupe. When the out of gas warning light comes on how much gas is left in the tank? I've heard one gallon, 2 gallons as well as just less than a gallon. Does anyone know the correct answer??? Does it differ per vehicle? Thanks for the help!
  • plethysmoplethysmo Member Posts: 42
    When the light comes on, fill the tank. If capacity is 17.1 (look in owners manual to verify), subtract the number of gallons you pumped to fill the tank. For my 2003, it takes about 13.6 gallons So, the light came on when there were 17.1-13.6 = 3.5 gallons left.
    I notice the light usually comes on when I go up hill. So, if I go up a steep hill, it may come on with more left in the tank (maybe 3.9), than if I was driving on a flatter road.
    Between 3 and 4 gallons remaining. My light comes on and like plethysmo said, takes about 13.5 gal to refill. I have a 2006 EX I-4 Sedan, which holds the same amount as a coupe and v6.
  • plummy2plummy2 Member Posts: 6
    Thank you both for your helpful info! I appreciate it! I'll see how mine goes! Thank you again! :)
  • mudbugzmudbugz Member Posts: 1
    Did you find out why the D4 light flashes on your car? I have a '93 honda accord auto trans & my car won't start when this happens. So far when the car sits for 5-10 minutes, it will start. Already replaced the main fuel relay & ECU. Help!

Tom
  • grwelchgrwelch Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm having the same trouble with my Honda. No hot starts (sometimes it won't even start cold) and flashing D4 light. Can you tell me what the solution is?
    Thanks
    A flashing D4 typically indicates a major transmission issue.
  • tran88tran88 Member Posts: 1
    I have a accord coup V6 EX year 2000 and it has 113000 miles on it , recently ,I notice it has a red alarm light SRS show on the dash board all the time when I turn the car on and never goes off until I turn the ignition key to off . Does any one know WHY and How can I fix it ? BTW ,What isit SRS and what it for anyway . Thanks a bunch.
  • jimmyd22jimmyd22 Member Posts: 1
    could be either the drivers seat belt buckle or the OPDS unit. Hope its the buckle,lifetime warranty
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Is there a package, or anything lying in the passenger seat?
  • hondafamily1hondafamily1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 accord coupe that the traction light comes on and stay on. I was wondering what problems might this indicate.

Thanks
    Ferguson
  • joey101joey101 Member Posts: 1
    I had to remove the dashboard to replace a heater control cable. I thought I followed all instructions ie. remove - batt. cab. airbag fuse etc. but when I put all back together I have a SRS light when engine is running. Dealer wants $85.00 to diagnose. and $??? to fix. The year is a 97 with 160000 miles. Is there tool available at a reasonable price which will access the on board computer, or do I have to go the Honda?.
    Thanks for your time.
  • ssouthwardssouthward Member Posts: 1
    92 DX 2dr ....has fresh honda atf...no problem shifting.....no noises.....would like to stop the flash....any tips? Stan
  • lynnjolynnjo Member Posts: 1
    Good afternoon! I own a 2003 Honda Accord. When I turn on the car the maintenance light flashes 10 times. I turned on and off the car to verify the number of times it flashes. I do not have the owner's manual handy I am over 200km away from home. I know it should be in the car. I have a long drive ahead of me tonight and I want to make sure I am not going to get stuck on the side of the highway. Can you please tell me what the maintenance light means by flashing 10 times? Thank you so much! This site is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • shwetzieshwetzie Member Posts: 1
    hmm
  • jmillerjmillerjmillerjmiller Member Posts: 113
    Darn - I just realized how old those earlier messages are.

Well - if anyone is still around, it seems like this site has lots of info on those blinking D4 questions. As usual, exercise care and double check any information from the net.
    transmission info
This discussion has been closed.