Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• crazyflycrazyfly Posts: 61
    I must have looked up some incorrect tax rate. so please adjust the OTD price accordingly. the $15.4 is for LX sedan automatic.
  • Thanks,

Looks like I got some work to do in the next week. Anyone know what kind of incentives we're looking at for next month?
  • I got 2 quotes slightly less than that for an EX automatic (in MA and southern ME) ...5% sales tax ... about 17050 for car and fees before tax, which is easer to compare state-state. 1 place was that low right off; 1 was after lots of back and forth by e-mail. LX should be significantly less than EX, though ... a while ago a few posts here suggested Honda's incentives were maybe more for higher-end models - are deals better for EX? (we wanted moonroof and 60/40 folddown of the back seat for sure so didn't check LX prices). Good luck!
  • bostonbenbostonben Posts: 68
    That sounds pretty good for an EX.

I think $15.3 is the lowest I have seem for an LX before any taxes/fees on here.
  • aaseattle, Thanks very much for your review on the Seattle area Honda dealerships.
  • Well I live in Florida (Miami 33166) and I got better deal of $17763 out the door including everything for the honda civic lx auto sedan.
    I think this is a pretty good deal since alot of other dealerships are asking around 18100-18500 for it.
    What do you think?
  • Hey Crazyfly,
    Do you know of any dealerships in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area that would give me that kind of out the door quote that you mentioned. Or if you can forward me any quotes that you may have recieved.
    Also, whats the exact details about the $1000 "dealer cash" to car dealers thing?
    Thanks for the help.
    Just spoke to a dealer in Massachusetts who told me they have $750 rebate cash plus $1000 "callover override" based on meeting a monthly quota. That means the *true invoice* with destination is about $14,900. Of course, if the dealer is not close to the quota or at it, then invoice is much higher. He said they were not renewing the extra incentive next month. Not sure how true that is.
  • Hey guys,

Just got a quote for a Civic LX Sedan, Auto.

Base- $15,828

Tax and tags, fees. (DE) bring it to $16,694 OTD tagged for 5 years.

I think this is a great price, and many dealers around that have "price guarantees" are not even willing to match it.

Let me know what you guys think.
  • Is the callover overide national or regional?
  • hey kingdeuceoff,
    where was that dealership at where you got that quote?
    thats a great price.
    Can you let me know how to get a quote that low.
    Thanks.
    Not sure. It's for sure active in the Boston area. If you go to Edmunds.com and request quotes from your local dealers, you should be able to tell pretty quickly if they have the incentive (all your offers for an LX should be sub $16K, for example). Hope that helps.
    Hi king:

I think that's pretty good. I have seen lower, but I live in a very competitive market. At most, you'll probably only get that $500 lower.
    I'm not sure where else to ask this:

If I buy a Honda at Dealer A (further away) because they have the better price, I can still go to Dealer B (closer to home) for service and warranty repairs without a problem, right? Is there any advantage to paying more for Dealer B because the are closer to me for service? Will Dealer B not want to give me a loaner car because I didn't purchase there?

Thanks!
    It should'nt be a problem.

I didn't buy my vehicle from the Honda dealer thats close to my home but take my car there for service without any issues with service or warranty repairs. They even accept the chepo third party extended warranty I've got on the car that I ended up using several times. When you buy the civic your original warranty will be with Honda Corporation and you can call them later to verify they have your name, vehicle VIN etc on record for warranty purposes. Dealer is just an intermediary to perform the service.

I've not had any issues with loaner cars either. But I would suggest you call the service dept of the honda dealer closer to your home to verify whether they would offer free loaner car if you bring your civic (bought elsewhere) for service.
    mllewellyn,
    I don't have knowledge about specific dealers in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale that are offering best deals right now.

I've observed here that people sometimes get a better deal when they expand their search area to dealerships +/- a couple hours driving distance from home. Just be sure to finalize the deal and OTD price before you head out, and definitely take the printout with you. If you are going to finance with Honda Finance, get pre-approved at honda website and take print out of that and their current speical offer with you. I hope this helps.
  • I got that quote from Martin Honda in Newark, DE.

No joke, it was the first quote they gave me when I sent a request over edmunds. They said they knew I was shopping around and gave me "their best price". I got Union Honda in Wilmington to match it, but that's it. I have contacted others that have guarantees to beat any price, and they refuse.

I am probably going to purchase at that price. They were no nonsense with me from the beginning, and close to home.
  • eslingesling Posts: 2
    Hi All,

Got a quote from a dealer

Car price : $15000
    Destination: $670
    Sales Tax (7%): $1,104.
    Doc Fee: $199
    Reg Fee: $27

OTD: $16972

What should I do next? Should I ask them for add-ons ?
    What to do next? Go buy it! Sounds like a great price.
  • eslingesling Posts: 2
    Really? I am a bit worried if I go in, they change the deal. This is my first time buying a new car and all the dealers are pushing me to buy within the next two days. And i just started looking 4 days ago. Thanks to this forum, i did some internet bidding and that's what I got from a dealer and I know most of them will match it.. Just hope there is no hidden charges or changes... Thanks Boston!
  • esling, care to share the name of your dealership? That's a couple hundred cheaper than my best quote, and I'm also looking in NJ.
  • abchin486abchin486 Posts: 78
    They are pushing you to buy asap b/c the longer you stall, the cheaper they will have to get. Essentially, if you do not buy "today", it means you will shop around more and that you will eventually find a matched price or a lower price, especially in today's market.

As for changing the deal....what some dealers will do is act like they never quoted you that deal or try a bait and switch. If they do this, just stick to you guns and tell them you came in for that car and that deal. They are essentially playing games with you to try to get you to pay more or pay that price for a lower trim.Some will do this and start negotiating from scratch (just get up and begin to walk if this happens), while some will be honest and just bring the papers ready to sign once you walk in.
    abchin486: there's some truth to this. The other reason they are pushing this is because they will lose their incentive at the end of the month. My source said that Honda will not be renewing that incentive in May, but I do not know for sure if that is the truth.

Also, yes, just stick to your guns. You have all of the fees and an "out the door" price. I'm assuming you'll be financing yourself or paying cash? That's the only way they could significantly up the price (by giving you a high interest rate). If they try to switch you, just walk out the door. Be sure not to give them anything that could prevent you from walking out the door (e.g. keys to your trade-in, if you have one), until you have absolutely finalized every nickel and dime in writing.
  • I cant see any carmaker ending or reducing incentives in this economy
  • scfscf Posts: 3
    I would have to agree with that as well...especially as we get later into year, I really can't see Honda nor the dealerships -increasing- the prices on 2009 models. They want those cars off the lot before the 2010's arrive!!

At least, thats what I'm hoping because I might have to forgo a fantastic deal on an EX (auto, 18k OTD, tax 9.25%) that expires at the end of the month!! Heres hoping that I'll still be able to get a fantastic deal in May..
  • hc09hc09 Posts: 3
    Hi All,

I got the following price for my Civic LX 09
    Invoice # 15456.80
    Dealer Chargers#589
    Tax(7%)# 1123.20
    Total OTD # 17169

i feel that i paid 500 more , just wanted to find out what others feel about this deal,because i am a first time car buyer and wanted to know if i did my research enough.

appricate all responses
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 801
    Is it an LX Coupe or Sedan? Manual or Automatic Transmission?

An LX Sedan with Automatic has a True Market Value price of $17,168 in the Atlanta market. That doesn't include taxes and fees. If yours is a 4-door automatic, you got a very good deal it would seem.

Just curious, which Atlanta dealer did you purchase it from? I'm a native and I've dealt with most of the Honda dealers at one time or another.... :)
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • Any suggestions on OTD price for 2009 Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav? I'm getting a quote of 20+ and 21+ in MD.
  • thavornthavorn Posts: 20
    Any good deals in around orange county? What should I expect to pay in the 3rd -4th week of May for Lx auto sedan? Thanks
  • hc09hc09 Posts: 3
    its LX Sedan Auto, and i got it from conyers honda.
    just wondering whats the least price any body paid for 09 LX Sedan Auto