Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

'99 Audi A4 1.8T, Car Bucks on deceleration

svpatelsvpatel Member Posts: 4
edited April 2014 in Audi
Can someone please give me a suggestion?
This is car is practically new. I have 16K miles on it. Over the past 7K miles, I have had increasing problems with the car "jerking" upon decelerating (barely lifting my foot off the gas) after going a steady speed. Typically this has been happening on 4th gear at 3150 RPM, but i have seen it at different speeds as well. It is a manual transmission and a Quattro. I took it into the dealer when it was bucking a little and they
told me that was normal of course, that's how audi builds there cars. I knew that was wrong, and of course it got worse. I took it back in a few weeks later and they found a fault code, said it was the "Throttle cable" that needed adjusting.
They kept it for a few days , then I got it back and it was fine for the first day or 2. Now the problem has reared its ugly head again, although not as badly as before. I am tired of taking this car in again. I understand that some corporates will make their franchises go thru certain steps before actually fixing the main problem. I would really like some suggestions on how to avoid taking this car in 15 times before they actually fix the problem.
Thank you,
I really appreciate any help, I'm really discouraged about my Audi.
Sanjay
svp011467@yahoo.com

Comments

• jreccasjreccas Member Posts: 1
    My 2000 Audi A4 had to be towed to the dealer because it blew an in-line fuse that was not user accessible. NO REASON FOR FUSE TO BLOW.
    Dealer "checked it out" and could not find a problem. Just replaced the fuse after 2 days. Said "it was probably just a bad fuse". RIIIGGHHTT!
    Only 8,000 miles on it. Numerous other problems which I won't bore the reader with.
This discussion has been closed.