Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• mdunne70mdunne70 Member Posts: 23

One question, a dealer told me that Honda will not send out 2015 CR v"s until all the 2014's are off the lot. There will never be left overs. True? It sounds like a sales ploy to try and get me to buy.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Sometimes I wonder if the dealers are reading our forums and trying to figure out how to "fight" back. But bonus time should be approaching in a few more days and maybe that'll push a few to budge.

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited August 2014

@mdunne70 said:
    One question, a dealer told me that Honda will not send out 2015 CR v"s until all the 2014's are off the lot. There will never be left overs. True? It sounds like a sales ploy to try and get me to buy.

I read you post and avoid that dealer in white plains pure nonsense. Your asking price is only 1500 below dealers invoice price . That is not asking dealers to really dig deep in there pockets. Try to call the internet dept of these three dealerships you will have better results making your deal.

New Rochelle, Yonkers, and Friendly Honda. the key to your deal and where you have the leverage with these dealers are meet my price and I buy today.. so be ready to buy the day of your calls.

I would wait 4 more days before I start my negotiations online again . End of the month is when you have dealers full attention.............................good luck

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

Thank you. I tell them cash deal, no trade, and my price is 26,664.00 and I will sign today. I will keep at it. Thank you.

If you could work out a better deal to finance part of the vehicle thru Honda it may net you a better price then do it. With interest rates so low take a 2 yr loan for .9% then pay off the loan the 1st month. By doing this it helps your credit rating and may save you some money on the new car purchase..

one last question. How to you contact the internet sales person directly? I contacted the dealers via the email link on the website with an email formatted after the one that you, Brian125 posted a couple of moths ago.

google each dealership and get there phone number then tell each dealership to connect you to the internet sales manager. that's how I do it.

• lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    edited August 2014

brain - I sent emails to several dealerships in greater Boston area. I told them I'd like to pay $2000 under invoice ($29,404 if I am correct) for CR-V EX-L AWD with Nav (no other options or accessories added). All the sudden, my inbox was filled with responses. The MSRP is $31,450 (includes dest. charge). I did not send emails to a specific person (or internet sales manager). They were just the people (internet sales reps) who gave me price quotes before. I maintain their email addresses for inquires.

Here are the quotes:

• Herb Chambers of Westborough - $27,388

• Honda Cars of Boston - $27,568

• Boch Honda in Norwood - $27,708

• Bernardi Honda of Natick - $27,904

I also sent emails to Cambridge Honda, Honda Village in Newton, Weymouth Honda saying that I'd like buy this car for $2000 under invoice. I can leave a deposit by credit card until it's ready to be picked up. So far, these dealerships did not respond to me email. Weymouth is close to my house but they never back down.... $28,097 is what they quoted several times before.

It looks like $27.3K is the lowest but it is about 30-40 miles away.

Someone (perhaps you) mentioned flex cash. Is it an extra cash for the car if I finance through the dealer (their choice of local banks or Honda Finance)?

I also have a trade-in. It is a 2006 VW Jetta (with 88K miles). Should I also include it with the emails? Wondering if they will give me $2500-$3000 for the trade-in. KKB estimated $4000 for trade-in.

edited August 2014

One approach is to drive to the dealer and tell 'em you are interested in a new CR-V but that there's no use negotiating until you learn what they'll allow you on your trade-in. Then you'll have a trade-in number you can use at that dealer or as part of the negotiating with the others. Some dealers will give you a number by email, contingent on the car being as you represent it. No big dents or other surprises, in other words.

If you wait until you're ready to sign the deal and then spring the trade on them, the dealer may simply tell you that they aren't interested in your trade or that they can only give you wholesale value for it.

• stayghoststayghost Member Posts: 30

@lok888 thanks for sharing, I'll be making a push in MA for an EX-L too at the end of the week. I'll keep you posted.

@stever probably a stupid question so bear with me .... if you drove in your potential trade to learn what they would give; how do you go about then leaving to negotiate via online but retain the trade offer value?

Well, there's a risk that the value will change when you leave. And there's also the risk that someone will bang into your car on your drive back home. But what you're trying to accomplish is to get a "real" baseline trade-in number for your car that works for you.

Some people do that by going to CarMax, and they will guarantee their quote for a short period of time. Other people appaise their car using Edmunds.com and stick to that number as their bottom line (it helps to be realistic about the condition of your car).

So, let's say there's no CarMax near you and you drive the 30 miles to that one dealer. They give you a good number. You then tell them you have to think about it a day or so and will let them know. Then you shop the deal, and ask the other dealers if they can beat it. If no one can, you go back to the first dealer. If they reneg on the trade value, then you have to walk out and let them cool their heels or go on to your second best deal.

You may be able ot leave a refundable deposit at some dealers if you think that would help lock in your trade price.

• elliefrelliefr Member Posts: 16

@brian125 Thanks very much. I searched your handle and learned even more tonight about how to make the purchase and figuring out the price, etc. I appreciate all your help and all your posts to this forum. Extremely helpful. I am looking forward to buying a car this weekend and getting a deal!

For folks buying in Florida I wanted to mention this post on a different forum about: How do I Calculate a Tax, Tag & Title in Florida? Read down to the bottom as there are a couple of updates. If links to other sites are not allowed on this forum, then search for this in a search engine and it should come up: Tesla How do I Calculate a Tax, Tag & Title in Florida?

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/8257-How-do-I-Calculate-a-Tax-Tag-Title-in-Florida

Thanks @stever ... with the scenarios you outlined it makes me think I'd be better off lining up my top 3 dealerships giving me the best deal on the new CRV; then driving to #1 with my trade to apply and see how it shakes out. If it fails, drive to # 2, etc.

• aramarksoxaramarksox Member Posts: 4

New car buyer with no real time crunch, just trying to get the best deal. I am hoping to get advice on purchase of 2014 Honda CRV LX AWD in the Boston area.

Today got dealer down to $21,850 (not including tax, tag, and title). MSRP: $25,200.

When dealer found out I was interested in the 0.9% APR, he stated he had to increase the sale price back up $500 to $22,350 since he could no longer take advantage of the $500 dealer cash. That seemed shady to me at the time and I walked. They warned me that if I came back, they would not be able to offer the same sale price. They also stated no one would give me $21,850 + 0.9% APR financing. Before I restart talking to dealers, I have a few questions for the forum:

1. Should I assume that all the quotes that I have previously gotten from Boston dealers have already factored this $500 dealer cash back into consideration?
    2. If so, will I be wasting my time trying to find a dealer willing to go to $21,850 with 0.9% APR or essentially $21,350 paid in full?
    3. If I come with my own financing, will I be able to use the $21,850 sale price?
    4. Will this dealer truly not honor our prior terms if I went back the next day to try and close the deal?
    5. Is there any reason I should try and buy in August as opposed to holding off to September?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

edited August 2014

lok888

Play out this month to the very end and then make your best deal. Shoot Honda cars of Boston a email also if you have not already. Be patient these dealers are aware you are ready to buy. Let them come to you. Like a good game of poker never tip your hand till the very end.

edited August 2014

@stayghost said:
    Thanks stever ... with the scenarios you outlined it makes me think I'd be better off lining up my top 3 dealerships giving me the best deal on the new CRV; then driving to #1 with my trade to apply and see how it shakes out. If it fails, drive to # 2, etc.

A buy and trade is a hard transaction sometimes. dealer gives you a very good price on the new car and a fair trade in value. So if you wont sell private this is what we have to deal with.

Your buying approach is how you handle this deal. Find the 3 lowest price dealers . Start with the best and work your way to number 3 if things don't work out like you want. Each dealer will need to see your trade in

Remember your trade in will net you the difference of the new vehicle price and taxes that are at a lower sales price rate.

Example : new car = 25,000 Trade in 10k . You only pay tax on 15,000 dollars of the new car price. That's where you may make up some of the difference in the trade in loss.

brian125 - I looked back at my notes and realized I already contacted Yonkers Honda via email in early july. The manager called me and simply said, "I cannot make that deal. Thank you." then he hung up.

aramarksox

1- NO

2- Its APR, or 500 cash. I suggest you get outside loan approval 1st before you buy. check out Pen Fed credit union..great rates.... can apply online .25 dollar membership fee if non military/ law enforcement. then you grab the 500 cash incentive. If dealer then wants to match your approved rate let him that helps them and you getting a better deal. tell dealer if he wants your loan you compensate me with 3 or 4 free oil changes . or maybe throw in splash guards or all season mats. this is how you deal with these guys. I scratch your back you scratch mine.

3- yes that price of 21,850 puts you at 1700 below dealers invoice. Not a knock out deal for you but a good one. Remember dealer is going to bang you out on there 369 to 399 doc fee's which in return lowers that 1700 below price to 1300 plus.

4- All dealers lie like rugs. dealer will honor that price if they want the sale... I think you could do better with a little negotiating here with other dealers.

5- If time is on your side stick with your target price.. negotiate firm and hard. . Or wait another month trying for that knock out deal of 2k plus below dealers invoice price. as the months go buy Sept into Oct dealers stock will get limited with choice of model and colors.

The real slick dealer take there limited stock and add another 600/800/1000 dollars with added accessories that you probably don't want . You will find these dealers pushing off these accessories at there full MSRP price and nowhere near invoice pricing.

Beware of these kinds of deals. you lose in the end by over paying..

I'll check in later going to play a few rounds of golf today

• aramarksoxaramarksox Member Posts: 4

@brian125‌
    Thanks for info. Made one phone call so far to another dealer and they held fast to the 21,850. We will see how the rest of the day goes.
    If I wait until September and the $500 dealer incentive is gone, will I have missed out on a good opportunity to get a low price? or should I assume there will be a similar incentive in September?
    thanks again for all the advice.

• lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788

So is it like 0.9% APR or $500 cash back deal, isn't it? One or the other.

@aramarksox BOCH HONDA had the LX for around your looking price early this month without the $500 applied

Thanks @brian125 I realize the trade won't net full value when I'm getting a great deal on the new vehicle so setting an "acceptable range" for myself and working to get something fair

• shopping201400shopping201400 Member Posts: 38
    Yea, I am learning it first hand that they will try to make it somewhere so if you are getting an excellent price on car, hard to get an excellent deal on the trade. It's a trade off trying to trade rather than selling the car yourself.
    edited August 2014

@aramarksox said:
    brian125‌
    Thanks for info. Made one phone call so far to another dealer and they held fast to the 21,850. We will see how the rest of the day goes.
    If I wait until September and the $500 dealer incentive is gone, will I have missed out on a good opportunity to get a low price? or should I assume there will be a similar incentive in September?
    thanks again for all the advice.

Every month till Dec that you wait to buy a 14 model the prices will be easier to obtain but models will be limited. Incentives like APR and 500 dealer cash should remain. Not really making a difference on a target price of 1500 to 2k below dealers invoice price impossible

• wbadwbad Member Posts: 20

Was hoping day one would have yielded better results with the four local dealers here in western NY. On a CRV-LX AWD after numerous emails and my phone ringing off the hook, the best they were at was 22,700 plus ttl. Am I wrong because that seems awful. I started with $21,500 but said I want 21,718. The last time they called I told them $22k even and Id sign today. They all called back after checking with managers, some more than once, with $22,700. They insisted without Military or recent college grad incentive, that is the best they can do. I told them if they change their mind by Saturday, to call otherwise I'm heading to Rochester or Syracuse to do $22,718 and left it at that. Would rather buy local but I'm not willing to spend that much more to do so.
    No trade because the minivan sold over weekend and as of today we were preapproved at two different competing credit unions.
    I'll admit I was a little disappointed but I like money way too much to just give it to them.
    I am being realistic for my area correct?

Oops typo .. Should read .....heading to Rochester or Syracuse to do $21,718....
    edited August 2014

a 1000 dollar savings to drive to Rochester or Syracuse. not many People make 1k a day.

not bad for 1 day of work.

edited August 2014

@mdunne70 said:
    brian125 - I looked back at my notes and realized I already contacted Yonkers Honda via email in early july. The manager called me and simply said, "I cannot make that deal. Thank you." then he hung up.

In over 40 years of new car buying I will tell you all this: good deals are hard to come by in the beginning of any month. It happens but not that often and only educated or good negotiators may get the better pricing . End of the month is the best time to buy price wise and avoids all that dealer nonsense with price deception and there lies. How I know I'm right is every month I read these boards and folks are complaining about dealer not wanting to lower price / dealer did not call back/ dealer said come down / dealer said my target price is no good / dealer told me one price and when I went to dealership they changed it.. dealer added other fees in my price.. these are all the games dealers play with us thru out the month

@mdunne70 I'm not saying here getting a better deal like we see in other states is going to be easy........... in NY/ NJ buying a Accord, or CRV could get stressful the way dealers treat there buyers. dealers stick close by with pricing here.

Call internet mgr. at Yonkers on Aug, 30th and offer him your business again. This time make him commit to some kind of selling price before you move on . Then call
    New Rochelle again. Pricing will vary from month to month. Catch the right dealer on his supply and you will make a good deal.. Beginning of the month buying is a NO- NO. Dealers are to busy trying to make as much money off the un-educated buyers. They usually have no time for the smart buyer. Another problem is in the NY area pricing is a lot harder to get price like in other states. lower your offer... If you need to adjust your price up some $$$$ to make this deal............. then go up.

If I call the same 10 dealers each month for 3 months what happens is: the 1st month 3 of those dealers may give me close to my target price or meet it. the other 7 might not want to deal below a certain price . The next month 3 different dealers out of the 10 have better pricing. On the 3rd month 7 out of 10 dealers are competing hard for my business. Each month dealers sell vehicles according to there sales quota and incentive needs. getting many dealerships involved will help you make a better deal. You do this via emails and direct phone calls to the internet managers on the last 2days, last day of any month.

End of the month................... last 2 days, last day of any month is when you will have each dealers full attention. By you getting as many dealerships involved as far as your willing to travel will help you make the best possible deal. Phone calls and emails work very well. . If you are concentrating on just 4 dealers make your best deal with one of them within a 2 month time frame. Pricing may not be in your favor. Negotiate with 20 or 30 dealerships and that's where the party starts. This gives you the upper hand and leverage in price negotiations..

edited August 2014

CONT-

I'm helping someone buy a Chevy Cruze this month. I have my 20 targeted dealerships ready to go on my spread sheet with each dealers doc fee charge and the name of each dealers internet mgr / his email, and phone number. This is what I call doing your pre homework before you buy any vehicle. On August 31st sometime in the afternoon I will go down my list call dealers and buy this vehicle with my target price holding sale with a credit card. It does not get easier than this. Buying the vehicle from the comfort of my house pitting one dealer against the next.... if I have to . A lot of you may not be able to buy a vehicle like I do . I am a expert negotiator doing this many, many years. So if you try to buy like this you may want to start your negotiation on the 2nd to last day of the month.

Give it a try you wont be disappointed PLUS you will have avoided all that in showroom dealership BS. Dealers that wont negotiate online or by phone just discard there number there not worth your time.. Forum Members where dealerships are limited will hurt your leverage price wise and you may have to go into these dealerships to make the deal. Just remember go in there on the last days of the month. and apply the same tips and rules we speak about in here. Have a target price to buy, be firm with negotiating price and do your homework prior to buying.

Get loan pre-approval from another lender 1st.. Pen Fed credit union has great rates.

Contact your INS. company prior to sale . get fax numbers and names for dealers to contact.

Know all incentives and rebates that apply to you.

Have a high and low target price to buy.

Know WHAT THE DEALERS INVOICE PRICE IS FOR YOUR MODEL.

Know every dealers doc fee/ admin fee charge before you make a offer to buy

When your start your negotiation your buying leverage is putting each dealership on the spot .

Meet my price I buy today.

Pit one dealer against the next.

Say no to anything being sold in that back office. NO- NO- NO

Never buy any extended warranty if you have no clue what a fair price may be.

If there is something in the bill of sale that looks fishy Stop and question the dealer. Call him out. make them explain. Do not rush to sign paperwork or be rushed when closing your deal. That's when you are most vulnerable and will overlook something dealer added into your deal costing you $$$$$

Bring a calculator and big note pad into the dealership when your closing the deal.

My finger is killing me from typing.... just give me a yell if you need help .....lol

• bpp486bpp486 Member Posts: 1

Hi, first time buyer and looking to get advice on whether I should move forward with following quote I have received.

I have been negotiating with 6 dealers via e-mail the past several days on the purchase of a 2014 Honda CRV Ex-L with AWD in the Chicago area. I have had them continue to bid against each other and am at a spot where each refuses to go any lower.

The lowest offer I have received is $29,110.82 out the door. Invoice (with destination) $28, 164; MSRP: $29,775. I feel that this is a pretty strong offer considering the sale price of the car in this deal is approximately $26,200. Next closest out the door offer from a competing dealer is $29,500 (and they have said they will not go any lower).

Is there any reason not to move forward with this deal. Any advice on how to confirm the deal more specifically in writing? Do I need to request specific VINs?

Any advice is very much appreciated! Thank you!

• rootstown1rootstown1 Member Posts: 4

Hi, Brian,
    First time buyer. Went through all the posts and really learned a lot.
    Want a CRV LX AWD. Have contacted 10 dealerships around Cleveland, OH using your email template today. The best price is $22630 with destination. I am wondering in your experience, what is my target price in this area? I can go around further for a better price if possible. Thanks a lot.

Hello, guys,

I would appreciate if anyone can recommend a good dealership in Columbus OH and Pittsburgh PA area. Thanks a lot.

@bpp486 said:
    Hi, first time buyer and looking to get advice on whether I should move forward with following quote I have received.

I have been negotiating with 6 dealers via e-mail the past several days on the purchase of a 2014 Honda CRV Ex-L with AWD in the Chicago area. I have had them continue to bid against each other and am at a spot where each refuses to go any lower.

The lowest offer I have received is $29,110.82 out the door. Invoice (with destination) $28, 164; MSRP: $29,775. I feel that this is a pretty strong offer considering the sale price of the car in this deal is approximately $26,200. Next closest out the door offer from a competing dealer is $29,500 (and they have said they will not go any lower).

Is there any reason not to move forward with this deal. Any advice on how to confirm the deal more specifically in writing? Do I need to request specific VINs?

Any advice is very much appreciated! Thank you!

This is a good deal.... your in the target price range. Since your not in any rush for this vehicle. make the 2 closet dealers beat your lowest price. negotiate a few more days then seal the deal with lowest price dealer. You can confirm any deal by agreeing to X price on the phone with any one of the internet managers then leave dealer a credit card deposit to buy vehicle, tell dealer they would need to send you a email conformation if your leaving a credit card deposit.

If you know how to do a fax buy where dealer sends you the bill of sale.. This will seal deal also.

@rootstown1 said:
    Hi, Brian,
    First time buyer. Went through all the posts and really learned a lot.
    Want a CRV LX AWD. Have contacted 10 dealerships around Cleveland, OH using your email template today. The best price is $22630 with destination. I am wondering in your experience, what is my target price in this area? I can go around further for a better price if possible. Thanks a lot.

1500 to 2000 below dealers invoice is your high and low target price. I'm not saying you cant get a above 2k below dealers invoice price but in that price range is where the deals are falling for us right now.. you have some good dealers around your area.

@rootstown1 said:
    Hello, guys,

I would appreciate if anyone can recommend a good dealership in Columbus OH and Pittsburgh PA area. Thanks a lot.

Google Honda dealers or go to Dealer rater to see dealer reviews and what dealers are selling Hondas with the least amount of complaints.. you have some good dealers in your area..

Brain125 and everyone else - Thank you for all of your time and advice. The knowledge that I have gained from you all has been unbelievably valuable. I have more confidence sticking to my offer and knowing all the games the dealerships play. I will keep at it and call back dealers that I have already spoken to last month specifically asking for the internet manager and if need be I will wait until September 30th and try it again.

Hi, Brian,

Thank you for your advice. I just contacted the dealerships near Cleveland OH asking for 2000 below invoice ($21718) for a CRV LX AWD. None of prices they offered came close to my target price. Some of the dealers were even saying how unrealistic my offer is. But I feel more confident with all the valuable information I learned on this board. I would wait a couple of more days and find more dealerships to contact. Will post my progress. 

edited August 2014

rootstown1

your target price to buy is low end 1500 below going as high as 2k below dealers invoice. Always better to start high and work your way back down to your lowest target price. Stand firm tell all dealers I will buy today meet my price otherwise I will offer other dealers the opportunity to take my money. Make your best deal at the very end of this month. Try to deal with only each dealers Int. mgr. if you can..

No showroom sales people. They will lie and play games with you. There sole job is to get you down into that store. Internet dept only..

• atla4atla4 Member Posts: 3

I was hoping to get some feedback on this deal. I am in Southern California (Orange County).

CRV LX 2WD no options

Local dealers are telling me that the invoice price is $22,764

Best dealer quote

Vehicle price (incl dest): $20,650

Fees and taxes: $1515

Graduate Bonus: -$500

Total: $22,165

I've called several other dealers that are closer to me to see if they can match this deal, and all I keep hearing is that they can't match it and I should jump on this deal because it sounds too good to be true. Is this deal too good to be true?

edited August 2014

Nada price has your models invoice on CRV, Lx, fwd listed at 21,717 with dest / charge of 830 brings total to ...................$22,547

Your above deal is good at.................... 1897 below dealers invoice. Excluding any incentives or rebates that apply to you. If you check pricing on Edmunds I usually find them to be 1 dollar more than Nada pricing on a lot of models invoice price. Why this is I have no idea???. As long as they are one dollar apart I take the lower price from Nada pricing.

Edmund better straiten out that mess they have going on at there models invoice page. trying to navigate to the model you want is frustrating if you do not know what accessories / options are in vehicle trim lines. Most members have no clue on how to read this page or use the numbers. I get email after email saying WTF How do you get the right price. Great forum car talk. Terrible pricing pages.

K.I.S...............KIS......................KIS...............

This means......................... Keep in simple..................... like it was before.

@brian125 and @‌stever ..lI'm looking for more advice and heres.an update..but not much of one.

still trying to buy crv lx awd @ target of 1500-2000 below invoice within 100 miles of buffalo.

2k below looks to be $21,718 .

I'm taking a break today from responding to dealers because I just need a break from it all.

Tomorrow will be second last business day before end of month so I will resume then. Also that is my target date also because the credit union that we got very good preapproved rate will still be open. I want delivery by Saturday or Tuesday the latest..... side note...I learned loan rates are very negotiable once pre approved and you shop it around after. Started out with an awful rate of 4.75% and ended up last night with 2% for up to 72 months at the exact same place. So for those buyers with good credit...don't be afraid to shop your loan..its a much easier process than the car shopping!

back to buyng...Stalled out at 22,700 yesterday from here to Syracuse. that seems to be everyones "lowest"counter with some not even offering that. I even told a couple locals over phone that $22,200 even +ttl gets the deal right now. no go. That number is with no military or college grad incentive which I can't get. Only $500 Honda dealer cash. One dealer mentioned dealer cash is actually $800 but did not elaborate on the difference.

Here is where I need some more advice:
    Plan A : resume grinding away tomorrow and may open my dealer location radius up more. Any tips?

Plan B: and you will appreciate this one @stever lol. back to Rogue but not the Select. We really liked the 2014 Rogue S (new body style) as much if not more than he CRV LX. The reason it's plan B and not A is no current incentives from Nissan and an invoice of $24,000. What is a realistic target given that inventory on the S seems more limited than crv-lx.? Other reason its plan b instead of a is Honda reliability. Any tips?

Plan C: Take the bus back and forth to work next week because vacation will be over(uuuggg) and I sold the minivan over the weekend.

Sidenote for those with a trade in that will be wholesaled. Try and sell it yourself on craigslist. Dealers told me $300 to $400 even though posted rough trade in value is $1575. I sold it in less than 24 hours for $1800 cash. I could have held out for more but it was a young family who needed something, and when someone plops down an amount close to your asking, you take it.

I feel your pain... Im in exact same boat but near Buffalo.

@rootstown1 said:
    Hi, Brian,

Thank you for your advice. I just contacted the dealerships near Cleveland OH asking for 2000 below invoice ($21718) for a CRV LX AWD. None of prices they offered came close to my target price. Some of the dealers were even saying how unrealistic my offer is. But I feel more confident with all the valuable information I learned on this board. I would wait a couple of more days and find more dealerships to contact. Will post my progress. 

edited August 2014

wbad,

Be patient hold onto your target price then lower if need be by the 31st. At that time you will have done all you could with getting close to 2k below dealers invoice price.. if the dealers are sticking together with a certain area price then you need to re-adjust.. but know this . you did all you could to make the best possible deal. Your target price is 1500 to 2k. your asking for the top tier price in a bad NY market.. Its frustrating at times but it may pay off . Play this out right to the end. This is when the negotiating gets interesting these last 2 days. .............. Trust me. If you lived in MD, VA, or MA you would be laughing all the way to the bank.

Unfortunately Your in a war zone up there in the NY sticks..... lol

@wbad said:
    I'm taking a break today from responding to dealers because I just need a break from it all.

I'm still on my first pot of coffee and for a minute there I thought @brian125 was going to take a break. If anyone around here deserves one, it's him. Play a round of golf instead Brian!

Plan B: and you will appreciate this one stever lol. back to Rogue but not the Select. We really liked the 2014 Rogue S (new body style) as much if not more than he CRV LX. The reason it's

I like that plan better - not a big fan of buying "orphan" cars. Money can be hard to come by sometimes, but life is too short to drive around in a car that you "settled" for.

And yeah, Nissan deals don't seem all that great, although I think there's a bit more incentive money on some models right now. Not sure if it's still live, but recently you could click around the Edmunds.com site and a coupon would pop up. Again, not sure what models that applied to.

Smart move getting rid of the van too.

wait a sec - do I only have "Business Days" to try and push for a good deal? (i.e. Thursday - Friday)? I was under the impression that since Sunday was the 31st I would be best off sending emails Friday and finalizing this weekend....

• yortizyortiz Member Posts: 42

What is the RV and MF for a CR-V EX-L FWD 3 yr 12k miles please. Thanks.

• yortizyortiz Member Posts: 42

in CA

• alexcodealexcode Member Posts: 1

Hello, looking to purchase new CR-V in Chicagoland area.

Factory invoice for 2014 LX is 23,718. I had offer for 22,515 which includes all fees except taxes and financing. Is this a good price or I can get better offer?

This discussion has been closed.