Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

riptidemambal

Your at 1k below dealers invoice after taken processing fee into consideration. There is room for a few more dollars.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

edited April 2014

Trades In's,

Most Dealers will only give you pricing from certain books like galves, or the Nada black book etc.. These prices are low ball prices.. Its always best to sell your vehicle privately. How you proceed is find dealerships with a short driving distance and make your best deal out of the lot.

Never travel far distances like you did.. You wasted a whole day of your life to realize dealer is rapping you on the trade..

Sell private or take the loss.. Your only advantage is the trade in value gets deducted off the bill of sale which in return saves you on tax.

• dbprecisiondbprecision Member Posts: 1

My area (phoenix, Az) lowest offer I got on a sport CVT is $22500 Then Katzkin $1200 and Remote Start $579

How much lower can I get them?

• brettkarrenbrettkarren Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014

I'm looking at the 2014 lx cvt in Phoenix area. I have seen people mention they have purchased for $2000 below invoice. Invoice is $21,620 right?

question 1. Does that include the flex cash or is it in addition to flex cash?

question 2. based on the #s below, how far below invoice am I?. I never know how to treat doc fees

question 3. Looking at the best offer below, How much better can I expect to get

question 3. How do I squeeze it out. (i followed the guide posted earlier except that i'm at the start of the month not the end.)

Here is the best breakdown I have after dealing with them via email

sale price: ** $20,771** (includes destination, add ons like tint, guards blah blah blah)

doc fee: $399 (seems to be the standard so far)

registration $405

tax (8..3%) $1,750

flex cash $(500)

Out the door ** $22,800**

Please give me a hand. I'm too cheap to spend more than i should.

• jvega08jvega08 Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2014
    Brian125,

Thanks for the trade-in advice. For those that did not catch this, I went through a bad experience trying to trade-in my car. Everything was all set for purchase, but it fell apart when I received an extremely low appraisal on my car. It was not even close to the kbb trade-in value. Out of all the times I have done trade-ins, this was the worst. Next time I will come prepare and either sell it privately or get a car max appraisal.
  • riptidemambalriptidemambal Member Posts: 9

Thanks Brian- I think I have them at 22800 OTD at this point. Is that a fair price for N.VA?

@brian125 said:
    riptidemambal

Your at 1k below dealers invoice after taken processing fee into consideration. There is room for a few more dollars.

edited April 2014

@riptidemambal said:
    Thanks Brian- I think I have them at 22800 OTD at this point. Is that a fair price for N.VA?

Im not trying to be funny here......................... but i'm not a mind reader with that very little pricing your throwing at me.. lol

I went back and read your previous post and your OTD numbers was about 400 dollars higher . If i'm correct in assuming thats what your referring to . Then yes you have worked a very nice deal up til this point.... better than most.

The Important info i need is your agreed vehicle selling price. Did this price include the dest/ charge of 790, and what was the dealerships doc fee charge? .. All taxes, tags and that stuff is regulated by your state and has no bearing on breaking down a good/ bad price.... Everybody's State fees differ thats why posting only your OTD number is Useless to me and everone living out of your state..

Your 1st post and how you broke it down was perfect thats how everyone should be posting there deals in here..

If i lived in your state and im buying the same vehicle i have all the right numbers I need. I live in NY so every OTD number is different. making my total vehicle purchase and otd number different. Because my otd number is lower/ higher does not matter.. The important number is

Agreed selling price. What doc fee charge the dealer has? Doc fee is all dealer profit. Dealer takes back some of his money by you paying it..

RIP.....Sorry i ran on forever but this post will help others and cut down un neccessary postings in here.

By the way how do you feel about your football team changing the name Redskins soon..

Our Indian friends find it offensive, something your team lacked this year.. LOL

Desean Jackson was a good pick up and will help....... RG3 next year

• @Brain125 said:
    keep on negotiating..... After paying the dealers 699/ 598 doc fee charge your buying vehicle at 185 below invoice. Re read my buying posts and apply or you will fall victim to the dealers prices..

Your models break down is exl i4 with nav 27,479 plus 790 dest charge=28,269..

you want to get at worst case 1000 below on ... above price.. Either a straight out deal with no flex cash... or agreeing to dealer selling you this vehicle for 500 below invoice plus flex cash of 500. What ever the dealerships doc fee charge is add it onto your asking price making that charge a wash on the bill of sale..

If dealership doc fee is 699 and dealer has no flex cash to give. Your asking price to buy is 1699 below invoice..

If dealer has flex cash and you could get a addition 500 then above price could be reduced by 500 dollars making the same deal but with flex cash getting you to that 1000 below target price..

Good luck

Hi Brain,
    I got a new quote for my Accord EXL with Nav as follows:
    Dealer asked me to take the honda fiance to move on with the following quote.

Car Price = 26699 (after taking out all discounts, dealer fee and with honda finance option)
    Tax=1601.94(6 %)
    Title=198.95(i said i will tradein my car)
    Out the door price= 28499.89

Please let me know if these numbers looks better than my previous quotes. Thanks again for your help.

• @Brain125 said:
    keep on negotiating..... After paying the dealers 699/ 598 doc fee charge your buying vehicle at 185 below invoice. Re read my buying posts and apply or you will fall victim to the dealers prices..

Your models break down is exl i4 with nav 27,479 plus 790 dest charge=28,269..

you want to get at worst case 1000 below on ... above price.. Either a straight out deal with no flex cash... or agreeing to dealer selling you this vehicle for 500 below invoice plus flex cash of 500. What ever the dealerships doc fee charge is add it onto your asking price making that charge a wash on the bill of sale..

If dealership doc fee is 699 and dealer has no flex cash to give. Your asking price to buy is 1699 below invoice..

If dealer has flex cash and you could get a addition 500 then above price could be reduced by 500 dollars making the same deal but with flex cash getting you to that 1000 below target price..

Good luck

Hi Brain,
    I got a new quote for my Accord EXL with Nav as follows:
    Dealer asked me to take the honda fiance to move on with the following quote.

Car Price = 26699 (after taking out all discounts, dealer fee and with honda finance option)
    Tax=1601.94(6 %)
    Title=198.95(i said i will tradein my car)
    Out the door price= 28499.89

Please let me know if these numbers looks better than my previous quotes. Thanks again for your help.

edited April 2014

Your at 780 below invoice price.. Is this price without flex? does dealer have flex cash to finance

EXL/w nav, Invoice =..................................27,479- without dest/ charge of 790 included

dealer offer=............................26,699...puts you at..... 780 below invoice.

I think there may be more rm to negotiate.. Use other dealers to work on lowering this price

• lildukelilduke Member Posts: 16

You got a good deal as well. I dodged the sales tax bullet here because my trade was worth about $7K more than the Accord. I ended up adding the remote start, tint, body side molding, door edge guards and splash guards separately from the car deal. Hoping to finish all of that this week. Overall, it's been pretty fun to drive. How is yours?

@gadmccoy said:
    lilduke,
    We almost got the exact same price. Looks like you beat me by a couple bucks. I purchased my 2014 touring last month. 34,270 MSRP. Got it for 29,908, this was including the $500 flex cash. I added the decklid spoiler to my purchase. All said and done OTD of $33,463. 9% sales tax here in Southern California

2014 Accord Touring

• lildukelilduke Member Posts: 16

Motor Werks Honda in Barrington, IL. I work in the industry and this was a dealer we do business with for higher end cars (Mercedes, BMW, Infinity) so that was the draw for me over the other high volume dealers in the area. It was by far the easiest and least stressful car buying experience I've had and light years ahead of the other Honda and Acura dealerships I've used. Totally worth the drive.

And, when I said goodbye to my old car, I made sure to take a picture while it was parked in front of the Porsche building lol :open_mouth:

@brian125 said:
    lilduke and gadmccoy

POST your BUYING DEALERSHIPS FOR THE FORUM>>

2014 Accord Touring

• rlinwcrlinwc Member Posts: 3

Bought a 2014 Lx CVT from Wesley Chapel Honda in Fl...
    19894 plus 699 dealer fee = 20593. Included mudflats, pinstripes, and paint protectant ( included @ no charge in deal).. Also a lifetime power train warranty as well

Hi Brian, I posted this a day or so ago. You seem like the guy who knows whats up. could you look this over I'm looking at the 2014 lx cvt in Phoenix area. I have seen people mention they have purchased for $2000 below invoice. Invoice is $21,620 right? question 1. Does that include the flex cash or is it in addition to flex cash? question 2. based on the #s below, how far below invoice am I?. I never know how to treat doc fees question 3. Looking at the best offer below, How much better can I expect to get question 3. How do I squeeze it out. (i followed the guide posted earlier except that i'm at the start of the month not the end.) Here is the best breakdown I have after dealing with them via email sale price: ** $20,771** (includes destination, add ons like tint, guards blah blah blah) doc fee: $399 (seems to be the standard so far) registration $405 tax (8..3%) $1,750 flex cash $(500) Out the door ** $22,800**

brettkarren
    I guess i should ask how much below invoice should someone be getting the 2014 accord lx cvt in the phoenix area? thanks for your help. you and people like you are saving people like me thousands of dollars.

brettkarren

2014 Accord Cvt lx invoice = 20,829 plus dest charge of 790= 21,619.

I'm not fimiliar with AZ. or dealerships. That should not matter we still can get a great deal. If dealerships are a supply and demand factor your chances of getting 1500 to 2000 below dealers invoice are slim. This board and forum tells us pricing is ranging from 700 below invoice to as high as 1600 below invoice excluding taxes and any flex cash.

Your deal is at 848 below invoice with blah blah blah accessories. We need to know every option and what dealer is charging you. How much is window tint? Is dealer charging you full price on mudguards and wheel lock? What else is there in the blah.. I dont know?.. These are very important questions on how dealer is arriving at 848 below invoice and i'm going to break down your deal. Take that dealers 399 doc fee charge. Subtract it from the original internet offer.. This gives you the real number your buying the vehicle at $449 below invoice.. Alot lower than the rest are getting here i'd say.. Dont worry this is dealers internet quote he is feeling you out to see if your going to bite.

Remember dont fall into the trap of thinking you can get the best prices you see in this forum. Most likely you cant. What i'm going to tell you will help you get the best price in your area. your deal may go from 448 below to maybe only 900 below invoice but feel good thats the best you could get in your area and probably better than most in AZ,

Lets change how your going to buy this vehicle. Know your model, color and any option you want in this vehicle. If dealers dont have your model they either find it or order it for you at the agreed price and no extra charge or you buy elsewhere. Your buying this vehicle not the dealer.. Please buy what color, and options you want......... its your hard earned money..

cont

edited April 2014

Brettkaren

Make a list of all the dealerships you are willing to drive to , take a Bus, Train etc. This is a 2 step process. Homework and car negotiations are done on different days.. You never try to do both the same day trust me... Ive been doing this over 43 years with unbelievable success. 1st step is doing your homework... like back in school very important. Limited dealership may hurt you in the end but if you play the game right you will do better than most in your area.. Its like a game of poker never show your Hand til the very end. Negotiate hard and be firm or dealers will not give you there best price. When a dealer thinks your like every other uneducated buyer they will win in the price wars.. Your not the one thou..... lol

Call Every dealerhip on your targeted list. Ask the phone person that answers the Name , Number and Email address of the Internet manager. Then ask who can answer this question. Does your dealership have flex cash to give if i finance thru honda? how much is it? What are your dealerships doc fee charge? Remember these are quick calls your just gathering info do not tell anyone you are buying yet.. this is Homework. If they ask about buying tell them you have not decided on buying you will call back the mgr. or his internet staff when your ready.

Call your Ins. CO. get there Number/ fax numbers so you have it ready for the dealership that earns your business. tell ins, what your buying maybe get a price.

Always good idea to get outside credit approval first.. Penn Fed credit union very low rates best in the country..

Once your target dealerships have gave you this valuable info.. your ready to negotiate and buy.

Call/ email all dealerships that are offering flex cash first. If your calling speak only to the internet mgr if possible. otherwise negotiate thru there Internet dept staff.. Do not Negotiate with any floor salesman you will get lied to.. and get the run around..

Once you start you buying process.. YOU are buying this vehicle that moment. Thats your leverage.

I think a starting price to buy at 1000 below invoice taking into consideration each dealerships doc fee charge is more than fair, if by the end of the month you cant get this number i would re-adjust your asking price lower to make the sale.. This is how you negotiate..

Dealers Doc fee of 399 = your asking price to buy is 1399 below invoice Excludes flex cash

Dealers doc fee of 499 = your asking price ..............1499... Excludes Flex.

This makes the dealers doc fee charge a wash on the bill of sale . doc fees are dealer profit thats it.

Call each dealership tell each manager. for x price excluding flex cash i will buy said vehicle from your dealership right now and leave you a credit card deposit to show i'm serious.. Make dealer comitt with a yes or no on price.. Tell all managers your price earns your business today otherwise you are still shopping other dealerships leave a contact/ email number.. If there are only five dealerships in your targeted area pricing will not be as good. make your best deal out of the lot.. If you have a higher volume store try to close deal with them first. high volume dealerships can sell cheaper..

Your offer price to buy should always include the dest/ charge make sure dealers are aware of that number it makes for less confusion.
    all added accessories are to be bought at dealers invoice price and not there msrp on those items.. This you must tell all dealerships if you want add on's ..

Pm....me for further tips dont want to bore the rest of the forum

• @Brain125 said:
    Your at 780 below invoice price.. Is this price without flex? does dealer have flex cash to finance

EXL/w nav, Invoice =..................................27,479- without dest/ charge of 790 included

dealer offer=............................26,699...puts you at..... 780 below invoice.

I think there may be more rm to negotiate.. Use other dealers to work on lowering this price

Hi Brain,
    This price is including the flex cash which he said will be available with honda financing.
    I think i am little confused with the way of negotiation because of delivery charges.
    If possible can you give me an example with prices?

What i am understating so far:
    MSRP: 30,835
    Dealer Invoice: 28,269 (including destination charges)
    Asking Price= Dealer Invoice-(1000 to 1500 including Flex Cash)-dealer doc fee
    OTD Price=AskingPirce+TTL

Please correct me if i am wrong with this and thanks for your help

edited April 2014

Its always best to Negotiate with a dealer with the dest charge included in your deal.. If you asking dealer for email quotes your email reponse back to each dealership is. Was the 790 destanation charge included in this offer if not posted........ This is how dealers get you into thinking........... your getting a good deal. That 790 could be a deal breaker..

Here is the formula for all new car purchases..

Find the dealers invoice price on your model ....then add dest/ charge...790. then subrtact your targeted asking price to buy.. That number could be 700 or 1600 hundred below invoice... This number you minus of the dealers invoice price w/ dest charge included. This is the number your negotiating with each dealership

One of the keys to a good deal and a very big leverage factor for you is when :

Your telling each dealership here is my offer to buy from you right Now.. Does your dealership want the sale. Forcing each dealership to comitt or lose you as a customer.. This is how you play the game. Either you kill the bear............... or he is going to kill you... The way most folks try to buy a vehicle today ... is like fighting a bear with your hands...... you can't win

GET THE GUN.............. TAKE HIM OUT... level the playing field

Once you agree on a selling price with a dealer. any incentives and rebates will come off that negotiated number that apply to you.. To conclude your purchase/ deal the dealer will add on the final OTD pricing which is:

1- Doc fee/ admin fee

2- Tire fee/ internet fee............ according to state laws { not all states have these fees. }

3- Tax , and dmv fee's...............according to your states guidlines..

Bottom line here : You and dealership have to agree on the lowest selling price of the vehicle first;

If you are asking dealerships for there best price guess what happens????????..

Dealer will take his idea of a very bad fair price add in your Rebates and Incentives making his offer look good. This is a No, No how we buy cars today. Read my 2 above posts and apply what i'm saying in them...

Use the same methods if you visit dealerships.. Be firm and arm yourself with pricing info. This will help you make the best possible deal..

edited April 2014
    null

@brian125‌ :smile:

hi Brian, thanks for taking the time to provide a detailed explanation. I have some updated numbers from the dealer and I've pasted them below. Contingent on using HFS for the loan. So I assume it includes flex cash.

Vehicle Price* $ 19,783.00
    Freight $ 790.00
    Accessories $ 695.00
    Sales Tax $ 910.84
    Registration & Tags $ 105.00
    Processing Fee $ 599.00
    OTD Total $ 22,882.84

The accessories are splash guards door guards and pinstripes which I am obviously not going to move forward with. So, that makes it 22,179.84.

So looking forward to football season. Hopefully DJax can help out RG3 by stretching the field. Should be fun. But we've been burnt previously by high expectations. So keeping them low for now.

Thanks again for looking into the numbers.

rip what model is this?? sport???

edited April 2014

Sport model= invoice without dest charge = 22,434

dealers offer price..................................19,783

total.........................................................2652...... below invoice price

minus doc fee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...599

Total.......................................................2053..... below invoice price.. Was flex cash added???

I am assuming dealer added 500 flex cash money to this deal to get you to 2053 below invoice. So if your buying this model without options dealer is selling at 1553 below invoice plus 500 more for financing thru them totaling 2053.. This would make a monster deal if you could pull it off.

2 things

you need to call dealership and ask them. Is 500 added to this deal from flex..

Bad part.....#2 - dealer may not sell you this vehicle unless you take those added over priced accessories which would bring down your deal another 500 dollar. This deal went from great to a good deal.

You want dealers invoice price on those options.... not his msrp of 695.. Invoice price might be 150 if wheel lock are included in that package

Mudguards online..... $ 67

door edge.................$ 35

wheel locks................$ 33

Paper pin stripe... you could buy a whole roll for 10 dollars in pep/ auto zone..

Cheap honda parts, and College hills honda are as close to dealers invoice price as we know.. use them as a guide for price..

• novicecarbuyernovicecarbuyer Member Posts: 1

I'm getting close to buying a 2014 Honda Accord LX, though I'm not sure this is the car for me yet. In any case, the dealer has offered a price of $20,420 before taxes and fees. After adding in $627 tax, $389 (presumably some sort of dealer fee), and DMV charges of $74, I get an out the door price of $21,519. No accessories. I guess if you add in the dealer fee to the initial price you're really looking at $20,809 before the unavoidable state costs.

Is this a good price for this car? How much lower could I expect to get? I'm in North Carolina. Thanks for any help you could provide.

• Can any one please post their experience buying EXL with Nav option (with prices if possible)?
    Your information is really helpful for my car hunt. so far Brain helped me with all his suggestions to negotiate with the dealers.
    The best quote I got so far is:

Car Price = 26699 (after taking out all discounts, dealer fee, destination charges and with honda finance option) Tax=1601.94(6 %) Title=198.95(i said i will tradein my car) Out the door price= 28499.89

Thanks for your help.

hlucky,

If you apply the buying method you dont need to rely on any ones prices. Best quotes have to turn into talking to each dealership. what are you waiting for?? Someone who recieved a good deal last month may have had the luck of that dealership having 15 of his model's sitting on the lot.. This month there might be 2 models resulting in a not so good price. Get as many dealerships involved as your willing to travel and call for the sale that moment.. please re- read my posts..

So Brian- The deal includes Flex Cash for financing. I've told them that I do not want the options, but the Internet Sales Consultant tells me he is not authorized to make that change but would take note of it. I beleive, I am supposed to meet with a Sales Rep at the dealership to bang out the deal. I do not want to go all the way out there to hear them say- No Can't Do w/o Options. How do you suggest I play this?

So even with these options, you think I still got a decent-good deal? right. I could maybe ask them to swap out the accessories for something I really would like - Auto Dimming mirror and maybe All Weather Mats instead of the ones they offer!

@brian125 said:
    Sport model= invoice without dest charge = 22,434

dealers offer price..................................19,783

total.........................................................2652...... below invoice price

minus doc fee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...599

Total.......................................................2053..... below invoice price.. Was flex cash added???

I am assuming dealer added 500 flex cash money to this deal to get you to 2053 below invoice. So if your buying this model without options dealer is selling at 1553 below invoice plus 500 more for financing thru them totaling 2053.. This would make a monster deal if you could pull it off.

2 things

you need to call dealership and ask them. Is 500 added to this deal from flex..

Bad part.....#2 - dealer may not sell you this vehicle unless you take those added over priced accessories which would bring down your deal another 500 dollar. This deal went from great to a good deal.

You want dealers invoice price on those options.... not his msrp of 695.. Invoice price might be 150 if wheel lock are included in that package

Mudguards online..... $ 67

door edge.................$ 35

wheel locks................$ 33

Paper pin stripe... you could buy a whole roll for 10 dollars in pep/ auto zone..

Cheap honda parts, and College hills honda are as close to dealers invoice price as we know.. use them as a guide for price..

edited April 2014

Sorry not gonna happen swapping accessories.. Tell dealer if he splits the cost of the 695 you will buy the vehicle today. Your not driven there.. Otherwise dealer is to find the car you want. or you walk. dont give in let dealer think your going elsewhere if they wont split that package in half..

Yes a good deal still puts you at 1000 below invoice. Remember dealer is taken back 500 with them getting full msrp on that package thats in car.. Nice items but there banging you out..

Thanks @brian125‌. I am learnign so much on how to analyze these deals. Thank you for patiently explaining this to fellow members. Truly appreciate it. Based on what I ve read, (Below Invoice Price - Doc fees = ~1500+) then I've scored a decent/good deal.

I agree with you that it is going to come down to the accessories. If I pay MSRP for the accessories, then the savings are in the 1400 range.; at invoice for accessories will keep me in the 1800 range.

The Internet consultants are mainly to get you in the door and then the salesmen start banging at you in every which way. So not looking forward to it. I'd take a safer deal than spending 2-3 hours of my time talking to someone about this at the dealership.

Thanks man- will keep everyone posted!

@brian125 said:
    Sorry not gonna happen swapping accessories.. Tell dealer if he splits the cost of the 695 you will buy the vehicle today. Your not driven there.. Otherwise dealer is to find the car you want. or you walk. dont give in let dealer think your going elsewhere if they wont split that package in half..

Yes a good deal still puts you at 1000 below invoice. Remember dealer is taken back 500 with them getting full msrp on that package thats in car.. Nice items but there banging you out..

• rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311

So if the right play is to contact multiple dealers without face to face negotiating, how does one accomplish a test drive? How do you even know if this is the right car for you?

No your numbers are off...... if you pay full price on accessories your deal is going down to 1000 below invoice. if you split cost with dealer its 1347 below invoice price.. thats what you should target .

edited April 2014

@rbirns1 said:
    So if the right play is to contact multiple dealers without face to face negotiating, how does one accomplish a test drive? How do you even know if this is the right car for you?

Who test drives cars before buying>....lol........ buying a car is done in 2 steps .

1st- do your homework - test drives, options etc. next is getting dealership info first { read my above posts on how to.}

2- Once this is done your ready to buy either by emails and direct calls or by walking in an out of each dealership..

Most folks find my way alot easier, less time consuming and less BS thrown at them..

good luck

edited April 2014

Not sure I understand. Maybe I have this backwards. Here is the framework of the monster deal

Deal 1
    Invoice 22,434.00

Vehicle Price 19,783.00

Freight 790.00

Accessories 695.00

Sales Tax 910.84

Registration & Tags 105.00

Processing Fee 599.00

OTD Total 22,882.84

(Below Invoice) 2,651.00

(Below Invoice-Doc Fee) 2,052.00

Here is the other proposal I have- fairly straightforward. Includes Flex cash.

Deal2
    Invoice 22,434.00

Vehicle Price 20,300.00 (includes Flex cash)

Freight 790.00

Accessories 0.00

Sales Tax 910.00

Registration & Tags 67.75

Processing Fee 499.00

OTD Total 22,566.75

(Price Below Invoice): 2,134.00

(Below Invoice minus Doc Fee): 1,635.00

Deal 1 is going to be a pain the backside with the negotiations and what not. There is nothing more to do than to go to the dealership and talk with them about getting out of accessories. Even if if I did as you suggested and split the costs, these are accessories that I absolutely do not want.

with all that said, Do you think Deal 2 is still a good deal? Not monster, but a decent one?

Thanks

@brian125 said:
    No your numbers are off...... if you pay full price on accessories your deal is going down to 1000 below invoice. if you split cost with dealer its 1347 below invoice price.. thats what you should target .

let me look

edited April 2014

deal 2.... is the better deal at 1635 below invoice, close the deal you have done well

AWESOME! THanks for the confirmation. I'll be posting pics soon:-)

@brian125 said:
    deal 2.... is the better deal at 1635 below invoice, close the deal you have done well

edited April 2014

Post the selling dealership when your done ... So others could try for a simular deal in your area..

. Good luck

edited April 2014

Proud Owner of a 2014 Accord Sport from Honda of Chantilly, VA

I had test driven the car a week ago. I was good to moe forward as i loved it overall.

Framework of deal-

Invoice 22,434.00

Vehicle Price 20,300.00 (includes Flex cash for using HFS)

Freight 790.00

Sales Tax ~910.00

Registration & Tags ~67.75

Processing Fee 499.00

OTD Total 22,566.75

(Price Below Invoice): -2,134.00

(Below Invoice minus Doc Fee): -1,635.00

HFS financing was 0.9% for 60 months!

I did have other payment options pre-approved from my credit union just in case. Also got pre-approved by HFS so I knew going in it was going to be all set. Got a quote from Geico to add the new car to my policy and had it ready and saved. Car was detailed and ready when i arrived at showroom. Walked in, Drove the car one more time to signoff on the condition and color choice. Did some paperwork- 30 mins in all. signed the docs to proceed with financing. Met with Finance guys to finalize the APR- 36 months or 60. Went with 60 @0.9%- No brainer. Finance approved in 15 minutes, signed off docs. Converted Geico quote to policy via Internet and presented to dealership. Keys in hand- the whole things took approx 2 hours from entry to exit. All the major work was research and finalizing the deal over email.

The dealership is very very new less than 3 weeks old. Ask for Hilai Shefa- it was a pleasure working with her. Very prompt in responding over email and I never felt pressured at any time. Highly recommend.

Be prepared, do all your research and agree to a framework of a deal before walking in.

Thanks @brian125‌ for reviewing my research along the way and providing sound advice. Couldn't have done it without you as a sounding board. THanks man!

Feee like a kid on Xmas eve! Can't wait to take it for a spin again!

Good Luck everyone!

@brian125 said:
    Post the selling dealership when your done ... So others could try for a simular deal in your area..

. Good luck

Riptide,

You played the game well getting dealerships involved .... Did your homework waited for the right offer to close the deal.

Was the other dealership Criswell ????

@brian125‌ - No, it was Joyce Koons. they had the better deal just looking at plain numbers. But would not clearly say if I could exclude options- appearance package was totally useless to me. I wasn't ready to move forward until I had the guarantees of the final numbers before I went there- would have been a hike as well in peak traffic. I believe my OTD at Koons would have been 22.1 if I could've pulled off the "No Options" and everything else remained the same, but I was sure that was going to be painful and near close to impossible. The price would have been different and eventually would've ended up paying 22.8 there. After looking at the pros/cons - time, travel etc. I decided to close at HoC for 22.5.

@brian125 said:
    Riptide,

You played the game well getting dealerships involved .... Did your homework waited for the right offer to close the deal.

Was the other dealership Criswell ????

jvega08,

Hey bud- Your also working a nice deal on your V-6 touring model. Post your Area,, Breakdown numbers on your deal, and Name of dealership so the forum can see the nice deal you also made.................Good job

@brian125 said:
    jvega08,

Hey bud- Your also working a nice deal on your V-6 touring model. Post your Area,, Breakdown numbers on your deal, and Name of dealership so the forum can see the nice deal you also made.................Good job

Thank you. I will post details as soon as I close the deal this weekend.

• doritoholicdoritoholic Member Posts: 3

Hi all,
    In the market for a Honda Accord Coupe EX-L without navigation. It has been years since I purchased a new vehicle so this should be exciting or end in heartache LOL. So any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Been emailing internet sales departments today and got the following:

2014 Honda Accord Coupe EXL

MSRP is $29,135.00

ePrice (invoice) is $26.718.00

minus dealer cash of $500.00

minus $1,500.00 flex cash if you finance with Honda Finance for 0.9 @ 60 months

plus processing fee is $299.00

plus new tag fee is $86.00

plus taxes of $1,985.48

OUT THE DOOR PRICE is $27,088.48

I think it is a good start but want to work on the selling price of the vehicle excluding the flex/dealer cash. But I am not 100% sure on how to proceed. Anyways enjoy the weekend.

@brian125 said:

This should help get you started. Go back and read thu the past 2 months for a idea on pricing..

Make a list of all the dealerships you are willing to drive to , take a Bus, Train etc. This is a 2 step process. Homework and car negotiations are done on different days.. You never try to do both the same day trust me... Ive been doing this over 43 years with unbelievable success. 1st step is doing your homework... like back in school very important. Limited dealership may hurt you in the end but if you play the game right you will do better than most in your area.. Its like a game of poker never show your Hand til the very end. Negotiate hard and be firm or dealers will not give you there best price. When a dealer thinks your like every other uneducated buyer they will win in the price wars.. Your not the one thou..... lol

Call Every dealerhip on your targeted list. Ask the phone person that answers the Name , Number and Email address of the Internet manager. Then ask who can answer this question. Does your dealership have flex cash to give if i finance thru honda? how much is it? What are your dealerships doc fee charge? Remember these are quick calls your just gathering info do not tell anyone you are buying yet.. this is Homework. If they ask about buying tell them you have not decided on buying you will call back the mgr. or his internet staff when your ready.

Call your Ins. CO. get there Number/ fax numbers so you have it ready for the dealership that earns your business. tell ins, what your buying maybe get a price.

Always good idea to get outside credit approval first.. Penn Fed credit union very low rates best in the country..

Once your target dealerships have gave you this valuable info.. your ready to negotiate and buy.

Call/ email all dealerships that are offering flex cash first. If your calling speak only to the internet mgr if possible. otherwise negotiate thru there Internet dept staff.. Do not Negotiate with any floor salesman you will get lied to.. and get the run around..

Once you start you buying process.. YOU are buying this vehicle that moment. Thats your leverage.

I think a starting price to buy at 1000 below invoice taking into consideration each dealerships doc fee charge is more than fair, if by the end of the month you cant get this number i would re-adjust your asking price lower to make the sale.. This is how you negotiate..

Dealers Doc fee of 399 = your asking price to buy is 1399 below invoice Excludes flex cash

Dealers doc fee of 499 = your asking price ..............1499... Excludes Flex.

This makes the dealers doc fee charge a wash on the bill of sale . doc fees are dealer profit thats it.

Call each dealership tell each manager. for x price excluding flex cash i will buy said vehicle from your dealership right now and leave you a credit card deposit to show i'm serious.. Make dealer comitt with a yes or no on price.. Tell all managers your price earns your business today otherwise you are still shopping other dealerships leave a contact/ email number.. If there are only five dealerships in your targeted area pricing will not be as good. make your best deal out of the lot.. If you have a higher volume store try to close deal with them first. high volume dealerships can sell cheaper..

Your offer price to buy should always include the dest/ charge make sure dealers are aware of that number it makes for less confusion.
    all added accessories are to be bought at dealers invoice price and not there msrp on those items.. This you must tell all dealerships if you want add on's ..

• doritoholicdoritoholic Member Posts: 3

Will do thank you!

• tony102tony102 Member Posts: 6

I'm in the market for a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L Sdn (no navigation). I've emailed about a dozen dealers in the upstate NY area and here is the best I've been able to get:

Price: $25,400 (includes destination charge)
    Dealer Doc Fees: $97
    Title/License: $150
    NYS Tax: $2,032
    Flex Cash: $500

TOTAL: $27179

Is this a good deal or is there more room to negotiate?

I'm leaning toward the lighter interior, but am a bit worried about keeping it clean. Can anyone comment on the lighter interior vs black interior?

Thanks!

Light interior does not get as hot in the summer. With kids lighter will look dirtier faster.

Upstate NY pricing is not as good as other area's.., Your in the Ball park of pricing. so depending on dealerships inventory and how bad they want your sale will dictate price. Keep all 12 dealers involved in the price wars and negotiate the lowest price .. There is still room.

Dealers in the NY/ Nj area are going 500 to 1000 below invoice price plus flex cash.

How much more room do you think I have?

Thanks!

I think I'm at $1250 below invoice and $1750 below invoice (including flex cash). Did I calculate this correctly?

edited April 2014

Tony ,

Maybe I misread your post got confused with how you posted flex at the end. Your at 750 below invoice plus the flex of 500 =..1250 below.. UNLESS the price of 25,400 did not include flex .

If that is the case you have a really good deal on the table for the NY Area.. Buy the vehicle unless you want to nickel and dime the dealers for a few more .. probably not worth the effort..

Good luck post your deal when finished..

Sorry for the confusion. $25,400 includes destination charge but does not include flex.

I'll let you know with the deal is closed.

edited April 2014

I like to share my purchase for a 2014 Accord V6 Touring. I have been dealing with two dealers, Cerritos Norm Reeves and Valencia AutoNation at Los Angeles CA. Cerritos price was 30159 and Valencia was 30000. Valencia also had a demo with 4K miles for 28300. After hard negotiations and bad buying experience at Cerritos with trade-in offers and price change surprises, I went with Valencia demo car. Here's the break down.

MSRP 34270 (with 790 destination)

Invoice 31402 (with 790 destination)

Demo Price 28300 (includes 500 flex cash)

Doc fee 80

sales tax 2599

Electronic registration 29

License Fee 188

Registration/transfer/title fee 100

CA Tires fees 8.75

Total purchase 31305. Dealer gave me 500 flex cash, so car price dropped to 28300 and I received 1.9% financing. This purchase gave me 3102 below invoice or 5970 below MSRP (17.4%) with 4K miles. The car is exactly the same as a new car except it is used but sold as new. The Dealer's GM drove it for 4 months, an older fella and he took great care of it. Demo was on the lot for 2 weeks before I bought it. Not one scratch on it and the interior looks new. I also received 3 free oil changes. We are very happy with the deal and buying a demo did help reduce price. I average 7k miles a year so the 4K miles is not a factor for me. We were driving home last night from the dealer and I love those bright LED lights, so beautiful. Very happy with purchase and I want to personally thank Brain125 and others for helping me get the best deal possible.

• iffi1iffi1 Member Posts: 7

Anyone purchased or is working on purchasing an Accord in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota or surrounding dealership (Rochester, St Cloud etc).

Would love to hear their experience including the OTD price (if purchased or target that they are going after), experiences with different dealerships and the one that they found the best to work with and any other thing that would be helpful.

I am in the process of starting contact with the dealer for 2014 EX and would be happy to share my experiences.