Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jamalzarjamalzar Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2014

@lagvoid said:
    Do you mind sharing which dealer offered you that price? Thanks

Sheehy Honda Alexandria - This price is inclusive of their appearance package which includes splash guards, trunk tray and wheel locks

• shopping201400shopping201400 Member Posts: 38

jamalzar, what's the price breakdown for that offer?

@shopping201400 said:
    jamalzar, what's the price breakdown for that offer?

Sales Price->$30,990
    Destination->$830
    Processing Fee->$589

Plus tags and taxes

• testpanjtestpanj Member Posts: 10

it seems likely to negotiate 33.5K OTD (assuming 6% tax and 1% fees) given the base price is quoted at 32K. It seems unrealistic to get to 32K OTD in this market and August seems like a long shot based on the words spoken....reasonable representation of current state?

@jamalzar said:
    Plus tags and taxes

Thanks. It's good to know some of these numbers so we know what's the breaking point in any negotiation. Seems like Virginia have some pretty good price in comparison to NJ.

I'm tempted to wait until Labor Day if Princeton doesn't work out. I'm going see what numbers they come back with on my trade. If it is far off what I'm offered at two Honda dealership and a Toyota dealership then it's September for me at least.

• su_a_vesu_a_ve Member Posts: 82

What a fiasco Princeton was... They low balled the trade in offer even after they had given an appraisal to the trade in a little over a month before. They claimed they 'could not find it'. This was almost $1500 off the original one and took them two hours doing the good old dance around. This was a family member and it was unfortunate I could not be there at the time.

The sales manager I've dealt with in the past (he's been there for over 30 years) wasn't in that day and some new guy ended up taking over the sale. The sales manager was apparently new as well.

My relative will now wait for the 2015. All I have to say is get EVERYTHING in writing before walking in the door. Cause it seems it's back to 1980's way of doing business.

• odyjul2014odyjul2014 Member Posts: 10

I am tempted to wait till labor day as well. In december 2013, looks like everyone paid $31.5K (invoice), there is no reason to pay $32.7K eight months later.

• robertinohiorobertinohio Member Posts: 21

I have been getting quotes on EX-L base (no RES no NAV) all about $32600 On the fence now with the 2015 coming out. Has anyone actually seen the 2015? What differences between the 2014 and 2015 models? There is $1500 rebate but only with EXL lease (which will run me $390 mo / 36 mo 12k tax included)

su_a_ve, thanks, you saved me a trip. I was going to stop by and see if I can make a deal even though their trade in number over the phone is not close to what I was getting elsewhere. With that experience, I won't bother since data dots already put me around the edge of what I am targeting even if they actually were able to reach other dealers' number on my trade.

I guess it really is going to be September or even October.
  • roy2001roy2001 Member Posts: 62

Last June I got a quote for $7k off sticker for EX-L. I decided to postpone purchase for a year as my 04 odyssey still runs great (just had 2 trips to Yellow stone and Utah for 5k miles). This year I can hardly see any deal close to that. Guess I will keep my 05 EX-L for another year. I will jump in if price is good enough (6500 off for EX-L).

I don't want to wait till september, I might bite one the available ones. will post details

• dprorokdprorok Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014

I haven't seen anyone post details on the 2015's yet, so I thought I'd share that I negotiated a 2015 Touring Elite in the DFW area for $41,500 + TTL on Thursday.

• jasonluckkjasonluckk Member Posts: 1

2015 Odyssey EX, no options, price 29900, OTD 32600,
    DEALER offered the same price for 14 and 15 models,suggested me go with 15. What do you think about the price, car is still in transit truck, will get in the dealer's lot in a few days, any options I can ask dealer to add on the car? any suggestion appreciated

• macrossjoemacrossjoe Member Posts: 1

Anyone have info on 2014 touring elite quotes in northern california?
    Which dealer has best quote?

Thanks

• vinhkhangvinhkhang Member Posts: 1

Same here, in Southern California the lowest quote I got is $34k for EXL with RES 2014 and OTD price is approximate over $37k. The reason I was told by dealers is shortage of that model nationwide! With that price, I will wait for new 2015 coming out. When the 2015 models flood out the floor, the dealers will make them moving out quick by discount/incentives program.

Finally pulled the trigger yesterday and bought the EXL with no option from Pohanka Honda in MD. Here is the breakdown:

Sale price: $29,848.32
    Pohanka Value Package: $895 (Nitrogen in tires, wheel locks, and trunk tray, definitely not worth $895)
    Destination: $830
    Plus Tax, Tags, and dealer processing fee: $1,76.78

Total OTD: $33,250

I probably could have done better if I waited till labor day but got tired of shopping around and plus was getting the Smokey Topaz color with only 2 miles on it. Hope this helps others who are shopping around.

Jamalzar, great deal!!!
  • hoosier316hoosier316 Member Posts: 5
    Jamalzar - even with that dubious option package, not bad. How much was dealer processing you mentioned?

In Indiana I got quote thru Costco 32.7 for 2014 EXL and 34.2 EXL with RES.

Based on your numbers, it seems like dealer still has a lot of margin to give.
    I'll likely wait a couple weeks to see If incentives appear or if the end of month push sharpens pencils.

@hoosier316 said:
    Jamalzar - even with that dubious option package, not bad. How much was dealer processing you mentioned?

dealer processing fee was $300

• janec1416janec1416 Member Posts: 4

@jamalzar- how were you able to negotiate this deal? I'm calling around the Atlanta, GA area and the closest I'm getting is 35,400 OTD... =(

• valueaddvalueadd Member Posts: 8

I got a quote of $32,698 for an EX-L in Northern California at Autonation in Fremont. This is before tax and title. I was reading on some owner forums that people are getting an EXL with NAV or RES for $32.9k in other parts of the country, so I am hoping I see something like that here in NorCal soon.

Do you guys expect prices to go down for Labor Day? Or do you think we will have to wait longer to see more deals come about?

Probably after labor day weekend as the current promo ends over that weekend

@janec1416 said:
    jamalzar- how were you able to negotiate this deal? I'm calling around the Atlanta, GA area and the closest I'm getting is 35,400 OTD... =(

The way I did it was to first obtain a a very aggressive itemized offer from a local dealer and then ask others to match it. There were some who simply told me that they can't match it (even though they all say they will match a written offer) and there were few who were willing to compete. So from there I went with the best offer.

The sales tax in VA is 4% so not sure how much is it in GA, but you should really them that at this point you are not looking to pay anything more than $32,500 OTD. I think you will find at least one or two dealers who will offer you around $34K OTD. From them just wear them down to as low as you can :)

Also contact all your local dealers. I contacted at least 6-8 and in the end one of them finally came through good.

Good luck!

@jamalzar, congratulations. Thats the best deal i saw since I started shopping around (July 1).

I have received quotes from like 12 dealers around DE, south NJ, Baltimore area. Was almost ready to sign with one ($32,719 Invoice ) and pulled out last moment as they wont even reduce $150 from what he quoted.

I really hope it gets better after labor day. Loos like the 15's are yet to reach the lots. I dont know if there is a date.

• jasonbossjasonboss Member Posts: 1

Purchased the Odyssey EXL with RES for 35,200 OTD with no other options in VA.
    Please let me know if its a good price. I could have waited for Sept but pulled the trigger as planning a long week trip on new van.

@jasonboss said:
    Please let me know if its a good price. I could have waited for Sept but pulled the trigger as planning a long week trip on new van.

base price + destination + dealer fees excluding taxes and title would help people see whether it is a good deal.

It seems like a decent deal from NJ but may not be since VA has a lower tax on cars.

• amsenamsen Member Posts: 36

@jasonboss said:

Hi Jasonboss,

Could you share the dealer details?

Thanks,
    Sen

ok.. I finally got a good enough quote to post. Quoted $35400 OTD for EX-L with DVD. Salesperson said it would be $1600 less for basic EX-L, so $34,800 OTD. Good enough to pull the trigger? Not sure if should wait until after Labor Day...

@amsen said:
    Sen

yes share the dealer details....that is much reasonable in the current market

@janec1416 said:
    ok.. I finally got a good enough quote to post. Quoted $35400 OTD for EX-L with DVD. Salesperson said it would be $1600 less for basic EX-L, so $34,800 OTD. Good enough to pull the trigger? Not sure if should wait until after Labor Day...

More than good enough in the current market

and you mean 33800 for EXL- yes. seems reasonable to me.

@testpanj said:
    and you mean 33800 for EXL- yes. seems reasonable to me.

hehe yes, sorry 33800 for EXL, 35400 for EXL + RES.

Testpanj, mind sharing the details? Are you in PA or NJ? Dealer and base price and dealer fees?
    Oops. I meant janec
  • i_spyi_spy Member Posts: 41

Hi all, any idea on how to figure out the 'real' cost of the dealer on the Odyssey? For instance, the published 'invoice' price on a 2014 Ody EX-L is $32,570 and with 2% hold back, the net cost should be $31,857. However, I am getting quotes from dealer at $31k. How could that possible? Did I miss out any promotion/hidden cash in the calculation?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

@i_spy said:
    Hi all, any idea on how to figure out the 'real' cost of the dealer on the Odyssey? For instance, the published 'invoice' price on a 2014 Ody EX-L is $32,570 and with 2% hold back, the net cost should be $31,857. However, I am getting quotes from dealer at $31k. How could that possible? Did I miss out any promotion/hidden cash in the calculation?

It's entirely possible that there are unpublished 'factory to dealer' incentives that we'll never know about.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

$33,800 on NJ / PA tax sounds pretty good ... i would also be interested in knowing dealer details and pricing breakup

• hoosier316hoosier316 Member Posts: 5

I-Spy : i haven't heard of that 2% holdback. Can you give a link for where you heard about that?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789

@hoosier316 said:
    I-Spy : i haven't heard of that 2% holdback. Can you give a link for where you heard about that?

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/dealer-holdback/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dbrosdbros Member Posts: 81
    Just bought our honda exl for $32,700 + $400 pro pack (wheel locks, cargo net, rubber stripping on the doors) supposed to be $699 but I threatened not to close it and walk away... came out $33,100.00. I bought it from South Bay Honda here in Milpitas, CA...
  • i_spyi_spy Member Posts: 41

@dbros said:
    Just bought our honda exl for $32,700 + $400 pro pack (wheel locks, cargo net, rubber stripping on the doors) supposed to be $699 but I threatened not to close it and walk away... came out $33,100.00. I bought it from South Bay Honda here in Milpitas, CA...

Did you lease/finance the vehicle thru Honda?

• dbrosdbros Member Posts: 81
    Yes, they just matched our banks percentage rate...

No go on the EX-L I previously posted on. Dealer faked confusion when I called to and asked for invoice before driving 40miles to close the deal. He said he misspoke, $35400 for the EX-L base, and $1600 more for the RES.

(Mind you, our previous conversation, he actually calculated the 1600 less price for $33,800 for me.. but now is playing confusion).

Sucks. I'm not getting anything better than $34,800 OTD now for EXL. =(

I wouldn't deal with them again if I were you and post a negative review on yelp for all to see. Which dealer is this so more people avoid them like a plague.
  • yortizyortiz Member Posts: 42

Anyone know the residual for a 2015 EX-L 36/12k MSRP 36,605? Also for 2014?

• yortizyortiz Member Posts: 42

@dprorok said:
    I haven't seen anyone post details on the 2015's yet, so I thought I'd share that I negotiated a 2015 Touring Elite in the DFW area for $41,500 + TTL on Thursday.

Anyone know the residual for this model on a 36/12k lease?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789

@yortiz said:
    Anyone know the residual for a 2015 EX-L 36/12k MSRP 36,605? Also for 2014?

We don't have any 2015 information, yet... Probably after Labor Day

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• luckywingluckywing Member Posts: 4

@dbros said:

Is it OTD price?

• luckywingluckywing Member Posts: 4

@luckywing said:
    Is it OTD price?
    @dbros said:

Is it 2014 modal or 2015 since I didn't see 2014 EX-L on their online inventorty page.