Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• rustymontyrustymonty Member Posts: 18

Does anyone know the March resid and MF for 328i, 36 mth 15k per year

• jimshepjimshep Member Posts: 5

Also the March residual and MF for 335i xdrive m-sport, 36mo, 10k / yr.

Thanks!

And is March incentive still $2k for 328i???

• cartalkcartalk Member Posts: 147

Yes, $2,000 Option Allowance on the 328i for March

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

@rustymonty said:
    Does anyone know the March resid and MF for 328i, 36 mth 15k per year

.00130 MF and 59% residual. $2000 option credit cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@jimshep said:
    Also the March residual and MF for 335i xdrive m-sport, 36mo, 10k / yr.

Thanks!

.00130 MF and 64% residual. $1250 option credit cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

the 2000 option credit cash works with the lease in other words bringing down the cap cost? Just making sure it is not only for a finance deal

@rustymonty said:
    the 2000 option credit cash works with the lease in other words bringing down the cap cost? Just making sure it is not only for a finance deal

The $2,000 Option Allowance is a credit against the MSRP of the final purchase, loan or lease on a 328i Sedan

• cabsebastian33cabsebastian33 Member Posts: 5

Hey everyone,
    Pulled the trigger on a 328d xdrive on 2-27 but a friend told me they had over charged me on my monthly payments and money factor. Wanted to see everyone's opinion about talking to the dealership about correcting my contract. Pretty new to the leasing world so help would be nice. We believe they raised my money factor and did not mention MSD. Guess that was my job to know what the numbers meant. MF was .0017 when i should have qualified for .0013. Question is can i still make the complaint and get them to change everything from the MF to letting me bring down the MSD. Appreciate the help

• julio91julio91 Member Posts: 158

you could try speaking to the general sales manager and see what they could do but a week has passed already so I dont think there is much room. But then again you never know until you ask and try. best of luck if not learn from your mistake next lease you will be more knowledgeable, let us know what happens. @cabsebastian33

• konacougkonacoug Member Posts: 196

I think you are totally hosed....you got maxed out on the money factor and almost no dealer's or CA's will ever offer MSD's. Honestly, this is on you... there is tons of info online and you could of saved yourself thousands by spending a few minutes of your time. You can make an appointment with either the sales manager or the finance mgr, but I wouldn't hold your breath about positive results. If you can get an appointment, write down everything that wasn't disclosed to you, especially the money factor and not offering you the MSD's.

As hard as it is to believe, there are plenty of CA's out there, that have no clue about MSD's.

I spoke to the GM today. I let him know what the concerns were and he said he would give me a call back. I understand its been a week but i had actuually gone back a few days later with my friend to get a breakdown of what the numbers were. The finance person said that i qualified for a certain MF which he says could not be changed. We found out that i was being given the highest MF available when i qualified for the lowest. We gave him an opportunity to fix the issue, but he had no problem lying to our face about what i qualified for. So then i decided to give them a call the next time they were open. Unfortunately the next time they were open we were hit with snow, enough to close down their dealership in MD.

Something about the numbers weren't right so going back there a few days later after i signed the papers was the plan. I understand that it may be a long shot to get anything fixed here, but going back and giving the finance guy a chance to fix the problem- and he didnt, Im now going to go straight to the GM about it. Next step is the BBB

@cabsebastian33 said:
    Hey everyone,
    Pulled the trigger on a 328d xdrive on 2-27 but a friend told me they had over charged me on my monthly payments and money factor. Wanted to see everyone's opinion about talking to the dealership about correcting my contract. Pretty new to the leasing world so help would be nice. We believe they raised my money factor and did not mention MSD. Guess that was my job to know what the numbers meant. MF was .0017 when i should have qualified for .0013. Question is can i still make the complaint and get them to change everything from the MF to letting me bring down the MSD. Appreciate the help

I don't think you have any recourse. They aren't required to give you the lowest rate, or even disclose it on a lease. While I've used MSDs, I would venture a guess that they are involved in less than 5% of BMW leases, so that's not a program that I've ever had a dealer volunteer information on..

If you want to give it a try, there is no harm in complaining that you were misled. Maybe they'll make some sort of adjustment to keep a customer happy, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Everyone makes mistakes on their first lease... I'd chalk it up to a learning experience, and do more research the next time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@julio91

Just read your reply after I posted mine... Good answer! LOL

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• julio91julio91 Member Posts: 158

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    julio91

Just read your reply after I posted mine... Good answer! LOL

Thanks @Kyfdx means a lot I was in his shoes and I waited to long and had no one really to guide me, then I found this website and truly happy there is ppl like you helping others with their decision making on their vehicle. As well giving us the knowledge we need to make a good decision. So Im returning the favor.

This why I am on here too, trying to help people understand the BMW leasing process. I got hosed back in 05, lied to about the money factor and acquisition fee. I do feel the cabsebastian33 does have one valid point about being mislead about what MF rate he qualified for. The Finance guy makes extra bucks when he ups the mf rate. Just like he makes money selling all the insurance products too, usually with high pressure and scare tactics!!

I believe that when you have had too many bad experiences with being lied to and misled as I have, you have to try to make things right as often as they keep doing it you. And when the person who couldn't make it right the first or the second time, you go to someone who is higher up. Making money they will do -through packages such as dent repair, cilajet, tire and wheel package, but overall honesty and ethics I feel they need to at least have. That's how you build a relationship with your customers and keep them coming back. I've also seen this happen with friends who have no experience with dealing with car salesmen and the financing people. They get taken advantage of like crazy! To the point where everyone is very rude to them!!? I have helped these friends make things right by going back to the dealer and setting things straight. Ethics come into play most of the time and alot of dealers don't have them. That's why there is the Better Business Bureau existing so customers don't have to deal with what we have. I don't necessarily need the car so if I have to, I'll give it back. They already got a thousand dollars for a down payment and fortunately that's all I put down and will lose if I give the car back. We are the ones giving them business so overall satisfaction is important. Feeling like you are paying the right money is very important. But if they mess up, that's their reputation on the line also.

Well.. be careful. You can't actually give the car back. You signed on the dotted line, and took delivery. It is now your obligation to make the payments to BMWFS, who purchased the car from the dealership, now owns it, and rents it to you.

If you don't make your payments, you can lose a lot more than $1000. I'm not a lawyer, so that's not legal advice. But, it is the voice of experience.

Just call up the dealership, express your disappointment in how you were treated, and see if they offer to do anything to mitigate it.

Good luck!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• k52sfk52sf Member Posts: 9

Hi guys, have a few questions and would appreciate the input.

Looking for residual on 2014 328i 3yrs/30k miles.

I know that base MF is .00130 but am I correct in my understanding that loyalty rate starts at .00125 and that is how you are getting to .00076 with 7 MSDs?

Also, can I safely assume the $2,000 option allowance currently being offered by BMW FS is available or do I need to specifically ask the dealer if they are participating?

@k52sf said:
    Hi guys, have a few questions and would appreciate the input.

Looking for residual on 2014 328i 3yrs/30k miles.

I know that base MF is .00130 but am I correct in my understanding that loyalty rate starts at .00125 and that is how you are getting to .00076 with 7 MSDs?

Also, can I safely assume the $2,000 option allowance currently being offered by BMW FS is available or do I need to specifically ask the dealer if they are participating?

Anyone getting .00125 (or .00076 with MSDs) locked in that rate when they ordered a vehicle in a previous month. The current MF is .00130, and the residual for 36 mo, 10K/yr is 62%.

The option allowance is there for all dealers. When you are negotiating, make sure it's clear if their quotes include the $2000 credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• the_yeomanthe_yeoman Member Posts: 27

Looking at a 2013 M3 for lease.. tried the 2013 thread but it was closed. There are a couple left at dealer lots in the area.. looking for MF and 3yr residual @10K miles. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

@the_yeoman said:
    Looking at a 2013 M3 for lease.. tried the 2013 thread but it was closed. There are a couple left at dealer lots in the area.. looking for MF and 3yr residual 10K miles. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

For the 2013 M3, they have reverted to a dollar-based residual. I don't know what that amount is, but it would hurt if you were leasing a highly optioned unit, as all M3 coupes would have the same residual. The money factor is .00130, and it looks like there might be $1500 of dealer cash, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• laxman2laxman2 Member Posts: 2

I am looking at a 2014 328ix, with Premium Pkg and Driver Assist. msrp 45325 less 5000 discount ( I assume includes incentives) plus MD taxes, nitrogen,fees, etc, etc to bring it to 43,451.80. I would put in 7 MSD . Dealer says MF is .00081 and residual is 61%. For a 36/12000 lease he says $524. Thoughts please?

• retsodesretsodes Member Posts: 8

Hi! I read through this forum before I leased my 2014 328i and thank you to everyone who has posted. I thought I should share the deal that I got in case it helps anyone.
    Bought mid Feb,2014.

2014 328i Sedan Sport Line with nav and metallic paint.
    3yr/36k miles.

MSRP: $43,425.00
    Selling price: $37,350.00 (includes $2000 in manufacturers rebates)
    Money factor: .0013
    Residual: 61%
    Monthly payment: $420 (including CA tax)
    Paid at signing( lic+reg, bank fee+doc fee+1st payment) = $1900+/-
    I also paid an additional $800 for insurance for up to $7500 work of damage at return (includes tires and wheels)
    Let me know what you all think. I thought I did pretty good. Love my 1st BMW! :)

Love the quote I got today as it is laughable. 2014 328i , $44,925 MSRP, Prem Pkg, Luxury line, Driver convenience pkg. 36 mth, 15K per year. Inceptions which was not defined but probably the usual $1,500-$1,800. Payment $645 mth plus tax. Really are they kidding???

• ivierlin27ivierlin27 Member Posts: 6

Thanks to all who contribute to this forum. I'm new to leasing and the information here has been very helpful!

I'm looking to pick up a 2014 328d wagon in glacier silver metalic with driver assist package, navigation, premium package, and rear shades. The MSRP is $49,975.

I see that the advertised incentives are $500 eco credit and $1000 options allowance, currently.

What can I expect to be able to negotiate to, given that an invoice amount is around $45,760?

What are the current MF and residuals for this model?

I'm planning on putting in 7 SDs. Any other advice I should be aware of before I start the negotiation process?

Thanks in advance!

I forgot to note that I'm looking for 12k and 15k mileage estimates for the lease.

Cheers!

@laxman2 said:
    I am looking at a 2014 328ix, with Premium Pkg and Driver Assist. msrp 45325 less 5000 discount ( I assume includes incentives) plus MD taxes, nitrogen,fees, etc, etc to bring it to 43,451.80. I would put in 7 MSD . Dealer says MF is .00081 and residual is 61%. For a 36/12000 lease he says $524. Thoughts please?

If $43,541.80 is the CAP cost, then .00081 MF and 61% residual (which are correct) result in a payment of $496.58.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• singsingsingsing Member Posts: 5

Hi, could I get the MF and residual for a 36 month, 10k/year and 7k/year lease for a 320i. Are there any incentives?

• laxman2laxman2 Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the help on my x-drive. I was close when I told him I'd go 500.

@singsing said:
    Hi, could I get the MF and residual for a 36 month, 10k/year and 7k/year lease for a 320i. Are there any incentives?

$500 Option Allowance available on the 320i

I have 3 dealers all matched at $42,000 for a 2014 328i, automatic, sport line, with heated front seats, premium & tech packages. I'm ~2,000 miles over on my current lease and all are willing to inspect my current vehicle for trade which would eliminate any cost for overage if it worked out. The vehicle they're quoting is in port and all are trying to get it before it goes to the original dealer to avoid transport costs. 1 is trying to use that against me to make a quick decision.

2 of the 3 have asked for $1000 down payment as good faith but the last one hasn't mentioned it. I don't know which dealer the car is actually going to. None of them have mentioned whether their quotes include the $2k option allowance. I've been trying to get the selling price as low as possible before bringing it up, just in case I can use it to move the price further.

All seem to be sticking to $42k as their lowest quote but it's only been 2 days of negotiation. My last email was playing the convenience/loyalty factor of my previous dealer against the other 2 to see what they'll really do to win the business.

I know $42k is a good price so question is, think there's any more room to negotiate or am I just asking for too much?

Assuming all things equal, the 3rd dealer is furthest away but seems most reputable. Appreciate the input.

• flashharryflashharry Member Posts: 3

K52sf...what's the MSRP?

Just leased a 2014 328i

3 yr 12k
    0 down
    MSRP 43,475
    Selling price 37,575
    MF .0013
    Residual 61%
    Monthly incl CA tax $425

The usual driveoff...the acq fee was 925, a bit higher but not unusual for most dealers

No haggle internet manager inquiry...very happy

Sorry, should have mentioned MSRP is 48,025

@singsing said:

.00130 MF and 65% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr. BMW doesn't offer a mileage allowance lower than 10K/yr. $500 option credit cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gfish49gfish49 Member Posts: 27

Hello - checking to see if the if the residual value improved for the 328d on a 3 year 15,000 miles a year lease? Assume money factor is the same as Feb. Thanks!

k52sf...42,000 sounds good to me, having just gone through the process. Your lease payments should be about $430 before tax, for a 3 yr 10k lease. Not sure what they mean by $1k down unless that's to be credited against the driveoff just to hold the car for you. Don't put anything down to reduce the cap cost.

• rubicon7rubicon7 Member Posts: 25

Hi guys,

Could you please let me know the residual and MF for 335i for 36 month\12k miles lease.

Planning to visit the dealer this Saturday, would be great if I can have this information handy before that. Thanks in advance!

@ivierlin27 said:
    Thanks to all who contribute to this forum. I'm new to leasing and the information here has been very helpful!

I'm looking to pick up a 2014 328d wagon in glacier silver metalic with driver assist package, navigation, premium package, and rear shades. The MSRP is $49,975.

I see that the advertised incentives are $500 eco credit and $1000 options allowance, currently.

What can I expect to be able to negotiate to, given that an invoice amount is around $45,760?

What are the current MF and residuals for this model?

I'm planning on putting in 7 SDs. Any other advice I should be aware of before I start the negotiation process?

Thanks in advance!

I think my post got hidden by being on the bottom of page 9.

Can anyone comment on the MF and residuals for a 36 month, 12k and 15k lease for a 328d xdrive wagon?

I know they are really pretty rare, so I'll likely be ordering (they have none on the lot in Austin or San Antonio).

@gfish49 said:
    Hello - checking to see if the if the residual value improved for the 328d on a 3 year 15,000 miles a year lease? Assume money factor is the same as Feb. Thanks!

.00130 MF and 60% residual.. $1750 cash from BMW.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@rubicon7 said:
    Hi guys,

Could you please let me know the residual and MF for 335i for 36 month\12k miles lease.

Planning to visit the dealer this Saturday, would be great if I can have this information handy before that. Thanks in advance!

.00130 MF and 63% residual. $1250 cash from BMW

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@ivierlin27 said:I think my post got hidden by being on the bottom of page 9.

Can anyone comment on the MF and residuals for a 36 month, 12k and 15k lease for a 328d xdrive wagon?

I know they are really pretty rare, so I'll likely be ordering (they have none on the lot in Austin or San Antonio).
    >

.00130 MF and 61% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. 63% for 12K.. $1500 cash from BMW

On another note, we are going to San Antonio on vacation.. will be there in a couple of weeks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rubicon7rubicon7 Member Posts: 25

>
    Thank you! I will update the forum on the quote from the dealer.

This is a new one for me. 1 dealer has been sending me screenshots of the system he is using to quote the 2014 328i I'm looking at and I can see in the MF field it says "1.2100". I told him I wanted to put down 7 MSDs which should drop the MF from .00130 to .00081. That figure didn't make sense to me - even converting .00081 to an APR doesn't equal 1.2100. When I asked, he said "There is a sell rate and a buy rate from BMW. We offer the sell rate at these numbers quoted". Seems like they are just jacking up the MF. Any ideas on what that number actually represents?

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    On another note, we are going to San Antonio on vacation.. will be there in a couple of weeks!

Thanks! Have fun in SA! It's a fun place to visit.

@k52sf said:
    This is a new one for me. 1 dealer has been sending me screenshots of the system he is using to quote the 2014 328i I'm looking at and I can see in the MF field it says "1.2100". I told him I wanted to put down 7 MSDs which should drop the MF from .00130 to .00081. That figure didn't make sense to me - even converting .00081 to an APR doesn't equal 1.2100. When I asked, he said "There is a sell rate and a buy rate from BMW. We offer the sell rate at these numbers quoted". Seems like they are just jacking up the MF. Any ideas on what that number actually represents?

You have it exactly correct. He says, "We offer the sell rate at these numbers quoted". What you should hear is, "We don't really want to sell you the car at the price you want, so we'll jack up the money factor instead, and make an extra $1200 off you in the finance office".

Nice, huh? You put up $4200 in MSDs to save $40/mo, so they can take $30/mo. back in higher finance charges.. The number on the screen shot is .00121, which is exactly .0004 higher than the buy rate.. which is the maximum mark-up allowed by BMWFS.

That's where I say, "I want the buy rate on the MF at this same price, or we are done here." (that doesn't always work.. sometimes,we are done..)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@ivierlin27 said:
    Thanks! Have fun in SA! It's a fun place to visit.

We sure hope so.. might take a day trip to Austin, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yep.. Give with one hand and take with the other. K52 sf, if u r in Cali there are several good ca's I can recommend
This discussion has been closed.