Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Toyota Highlander Lease Questions

Comments

• allan62allan62 Member Posts: 1

Priced a 2014 Highlander Limited Platinum with a few options today. Money factor reported was .0017, residual was 56%, 15k miles 36 month...$670 per mo. I thought that was way high and the dealer did not seem interested to negotiate. The money factor seems good but the residual seems low. What should this be for Westchester County NY?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,058

@allan62 said:
    Priced a 2014 Highlander Limited Platinum with a few options today. Money factor reported was .0017, residual was 56%, 15k miles 36 month...$670 per mo. I thought that was way high and the dealer did not seem interested to negotiate. The money factor seems good but the residual seems low. What should this be for Westchester County NY?

I'm showing 58% for 4x2 and 59% for 4x4 Ltd Plat. 36/15. Could be that your dealer was not quoting you TFS numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• gq3856gq3856 Member Posts: 79

any info on july lease numbers

@gq3856 said:
    any info on july lease numbers

We have some numbers from Toyota.

What state are you in? Lease term and miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• daveb22daveb22 Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2014

What are the July lease numbers for New York. 3 year, 36,000 mile lease. What is the residual and money factor for a 2014 Highlander XLE AWD?

@daveb22 said:
    What are the July lease numbers for New York. 3 year, 36,000 mile lease. What is the residual and money factor for a 2014 Highlander XLE AWD?

We don't have any numbers for NY, yet. However, in looking at other regions in the US, there don't seem to be any lease incentives on the Highlander this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gq3856gq3856 Member Posts: 79

@Michaell said:
    ny

36 months 12000 miles

@gq3856 said:

Nothing from NY just yet. The numbers from Toyota are trickling in slowly this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nizzonizzo Member Posts: 7

bdf1, that's an excellent lease money factor you got from the 3rd party. Sigh, I should have looked into that myself. How did you get Toyota to be offering .0017? I thought it was .0019 nationwide for the 2014 Highlander? Anyway, I did a Limited Platinum lease, $44,675 sticker, and same as you 36 months/12K per year, and my payment ended up being $566, which includes my state taxes. I paid nothing up front, just the mandatory fees and of course my first month's payment. I think I did pretty good but yeah the only thing that sucked was the set-in-stone TFS money factor. :( I mean come on, .0019 x 2400 = 4.56% ! :neutral_face:

• musiclover408musiclover408 Member Posts: 10

Michaell,
    Do you know the MF and residual on a '14 XLE AWD, 12k/3 yr. for Colorado.
    Thanks!

@musiclover408 said:
    Michaell,
    Do you know the MF and residual on a '14 XLE AWD, 12k/3 yr. for Colorado.
    Thanks!

There are no special rates for the Highlander this month in Colorado, which means they will be quite expensive to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• musiclover408musiclover408 Member Posts: 10

I understand that. But do you have the MF and residual for a lease?

@musiclover408 said:
    I understand that. But do you have the MF and residual for a lease?

All the information for the Denver area says N/A for lease info.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• njcarguy3njcarguy3 Member Posts: 12

Any MF or Residuals for July for NJ 2014 Highlander XLE 36 months with 15 K a year?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

@njcarguy3 said:
    Any MF or Residuals for July for NJ 2014 Highlander XLE 36 months with 15 K a year?

Not seeing any Highlander lease information for July.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lildan0607lildan0607 Member Posts: 8
    XLE sorry
    XLE 2014 435 39 10K months ZERO down no taxes no fees zip zero! Good deal NY are
    Three different dealership all around the same went with the dealer near my home any
  • kahrz2kahrz2 Member Posts: 2

Hi, Can someone please give me a reality check on a lease I'm considering:
    '14 Highland ltd, 40264 msrp, 36 mo., .0018 mf, res 25482=63%,trade in $8000, producing
    cap red 6659, pymt 384, 12k mi, these details with the exception of cap residual seem similar to what I read in the posts in this forum but the fees put me off; Acq fee $650, doc fee $80, sls tx up frnt??? $599. What's with the sls tax up front? I thought it gets paid monthly. So which of those fees are dealer discretionary that I can negotiate out of this deal? Other details reg fee 391 taxes 2784. CA buyer. Essentially how can I improve this lease to my benefit? or should I walk and look for new deal? Are mf & residual figures for CA 12k/3 yr available?

@kahrz2 said:
    Hi, Can someone please give me a reality check on a lease I'm considering:
    '14 Highland ltd, 40264 msrp, 36 mo., .0018 mf, res 25482=63%,trade in $8000, producing
    cap red 6659, pymt 384, 12k mi, these details with the exception of cap residual seem similar to what I read in the posts in this forum but the fees put me off; Acq fee $650, doc fee $80, sls tx up frnt??? $599. What's with the sls tax up front? I thought it gets paid monthly. So which of those fees are dealer discretionary that I can negotiate out of this deal? Other details reg fee 391 taxes 2784. CA buyer. Essentially how can I improve this lease to my benefit? or should I walk and look for new deal? Are mf & residual figures for CA 12k/3 yr available?

We don't have the numbers for the Highlander, but the numbers your dealer has quoted look pretty realistic, so let's assume they are correct.

The sales tax upfront is on the CAP reduction, because that part is paid upfront, reducing the amount of the lease payment, and the tax collected later on that portion. Almost every lease has an acquisition fee, and most are in the $500-$800 range. Doc fee is restricted to $80 by law, in CA, and every dealer charges that amount. Registration fee in CA is usually right around 1% of the price of the car. When they list the taxes, that's an estimate of the total tax you'll pay, and not an amount added to the lease.

One thing you haven't listed? The selling price of the vehicle. What price is the Cap cost reduction coming off of? Negotiating a lower selling price is the best way to lower your lease payment. Is your trade-in of $8000 the total amount due at signing, or do you have to come up with more cash?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kahrz2kahrz2 Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the reply. Selling price is 40264 (mis-labeled above) Total Initial Pymt is $8000, which is our trade in. Out of the $8000 they allocated 1st pymt $384, sls tx upfront $566 reg fees $391 to arrive at cap reduc 6660. The cap reduc came off of 40994 (selling price plus $650 acq. fee). net cap cost 34334. If any of this is unusual pls point it out.
    So you given a little piece of mind and pointed out that the selling price is the item to concentrate on to improve the lease deal because these other figures are basically standard.
    Thank You!

• top_sealtop_seal Member Posts: 13

I'm in NY and looking at Highlander so need MF and Residual for XLE and Limited. Does it make a difference in Residual if you Driver Tech pkg is added?

@top_seal said:
    I'm in NY and looking at Highlander so need MF and Residual for XLE and Limited. Does it make a difference in Residual if you Driver Tech pkg is added?

We don't have any lease numbers for the Highlander this month, sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• wtoybuyerwtoybuyer Member Posts: 2
    What am I missing here? 12k/36month for Highlander limited with nav and entertainment. $43100 selling price (including license and acquisition fee) Residual is $24830 off a $44087 MSRP and trade in is $6700. 0.0019 MF which is bad enough but dealer is telling me monthly payment is $541 (486 plus tax). Online calculators are telling me should be closer to $450 I told dealer math wasn't making sense to me so I walked away.

@wtoybuyer said:
    What am I missing here? 12k/36month for Highlander limited with nav and entertainment. $43100 selling price (including license and acquisition fee) Residual is $24830 off a $44087 MSRP and trade in is $6700. 0.0019 MF which is bad enough but dealer is telling me monthly payment is $541 (486 plus tax). Online calculators are telling me should be closer to $450 I told dealer math wasn't making sense to me so I walked away.

My guess is that not all of the $6700 trade equity is going to the down payment - get the dealer to break it down for you. There are other up front fees and taxes due at signing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• wtoybuyerwtoybuyer Member Posts: 2
    Thank you. I told them that at the time but they wouldn't budge or break down the specifics so no deal. Back to another dealer next week I guess.
  • admsportsadmsports Member Posts: 9
    Any August numbers fo NY/NJ....?
    AWD XLE and LE Plus. 36 mos/ 12k yr. No special packages. MF and residual please. And any lease incentive cash. Thanks much! Also any one else have recommended dealers in the area?

@admsports said:
    Any August numbers fo NY/NJ....?
    AWD XLE and LE Plus. 36 mos/ 12k yr. No special packages. MF and residual please. And any lease incentive cash. Thanks much! Also any one else have recommended dealers in the area?

Let's hope the August numbers from Toyota make it to us tomorrow.

Otherwise, it will be sometime next week....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pukimon311pukimon311 Member Posts: 38

Let me know if you have the August numbers for NC... AWD XLE, 36 mos/12K

@pukimon311 said:
    Let me know if you have the August numbers for NC... AWD XLE, 36 mos/12K

We are hoping for tomorrow 8/5 at the earliest.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pukimon311pukimon311 Member Posts: 38

@Michaell - Do you have the Aug numbers yet?

@pukimon311 said:
    Michaell - Do you have the Aug numbers yet?

Only for the Gulf States region.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mount635mount635 Member Posts: 1

Hi Michaell. I'm actually looking to lease a Highlander in Houston this month. Can you please provide the Gulf state figures you have? Thank you!

2014 XLE FWD (or AWD). MF, residual, incentives. My first time leasing, so any other items you want to mention, I'm all ears :)

• rferraro21rferraro21 Member Posts: 26
    edited August 2014

ditto in florida, 12k miles

• toyoman8toyoman8 Member Posts: 114
    edited August 2014

What about Texas? in need of leasing 2013 or 2014 LE models. MF? Residual?

@mount635 said:
    Hi Michaell. I'm actually looking to lease a Highlander in Houston this month. Can you please provide the Gulf state figures you have? Thank you!

2014 XLE FWD (or AWD). MF, residual, incentives. My first time leasing, so any other items you want to mention, I'm all ears :)

While I have Gulf State numbers from Toyota, they do not include any information on the Highlander. Tells me that they will be expensive to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@rferraro21 said:
    ditto in florida, 12k miles

No Highlander information from Toyota this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@toyoman8 said:
    What about Texas? in need of leasing 2013 or 2014 LE models. MF? Residual?

Looks like Toyota is not offering any subvented lease information on the Highlanders this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• brimasbrimas Member Posts: 51

For anyone looking for info, I was quoted on an XLE in NY:
    36months/12k
    62% Residual (Great!)
    0.00210 MF (Horrible)
    The MF basically kills the deal. Don't feel like paying $120+ month in interest.

@brimas said:
    For anyone looking for info, I was quoted on an XLE in NY:
    36months/12k
    62% Residual (Great!)
    0.00210 MF (Horrible)
    The MF basically kills the deal. Don't feel like paying $120+ month in interest.

Apparently, Toyota doesn't feel the need to provide any support on the Highlander this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• texasmaxtexasmax Member Posts: 75

Anxious to know if/when MF and residuals come in for September- specifically for a 2014 Limited. Thanks! This is for Texas.

@texasmax said:
    Anxious to know if/when MF and residuals come in for September- specifically for a 2014 Limited. Thanks! This is for Texas.

The current program runs through Tuesday, September 2nd.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• texasmaxtexasmax Member Posts: 75

Dealer in Texas- quote on 9/2- on a 2014 Limited- 36 month/12k mile- 60% residual, .0018 MF.

• mobujenmobujen Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2014

Do you know the current lease rates for the 2014 & 2015 Highlander Limited AWD. I'm looking for a 36 month lease with 12K mile per year.I'm in California.

Also, does Toyota offer a multiple security deposit program to buy the money factor. It looks like the residuals are good but the money factors from last month seem inflated.

Thanks in advance...

@mobujen said:
    Do you know the current lease rates for the 2014 & 2015 Highlander Limited AWD. I'm looking for a 36 month lease with 12K mile per year.I'm in California.

Also, does Toyota offer a multiple security deposit program to buy the money factor. It looks like the residuals are good but the money factors from last month seem inflated.

Thanks in advance...

No lease information on the Highlander, at all. They must be selling all they can make.

The only MSD programs we are aware of are with luxury makes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sniper321sniper321 Member Posts: 1

from the prices I've been quoted.
    It seems the MF is .0017 and the residual is 61.69% - this is an average based on several dealers in the NY/NJ area.
    also the residual is based on 36/mo and 15k/yr

my best offer so far for a 2015 XLE with captains chairs is 489/mo with $1000 up front total.
    not sure if this is great or not.
    so I'm trying to get a 2014 and hope to get a better deal.

@sniper321 said:
    from the prices I've been quoted.
    It seems the MF is .0017 and the residual is 61.69% - this is an average based on several dealers in the NY/NJ area.
    also the residual is based on 36/mo and 15k/yr

my best offer so far for a 2015 XLE with captains chairs is 489/mo with $1000 up front total.
    not sure if this is great or not.
    so I'm trying to get a 2014 and hope to get a better deal.

Thanks for the info.. What is the MSRP of the Highlander that offer is based on?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• robi77robi77 Member Posts: 39
    so I'm getting very frustrated with Toyota car dealers (I've been to 2 so far in NYC and Westchester)...so far we have tentatively agreed on the following on a 36 month/ 12k lease on a 2015 Highlander XLE:

Invoice Price: $ 38,534
    Acquisition Fee: $ 650
    Capitalized Cost: $ 39,184
    Residual Value: $ 25,339
    Money Factor: .00180
    Down payment: $ 0 (but I'm paying tax and other fees upfron
    Monthly payment: $ 496.85

While I'm happy with invoice price and residual value, I feel I'm not getting a good money factor (which is equivalent to 4.32%) since my credit score is over 850. Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal or not?
    robi77 said:

so I'm getting very frustrated with Toyota car dealers (I've been to 2 so far in NYC and Westchester)...so far we have tentatively agreed on the following on a 36 month/ 12k lease on a 2015 Highlander XLE:

Invoice Price: $ 38,534
    Acquisition Fee: $ 650
    Capitalized Cost: $ 39,184
    Residual Value: $ 25,339
    Money Factor: .00180
    Down payment: $ 0 (but I'm paying tax and other fees upfron
    Monthly payment: $ 496.85

While I'm happy with invoice price and residual value, I feel I'm not getting a good money factor (which is equivalent to 4.32%) since my credit score is over 850. Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal or not?

I don't know if it's a good deal, but Highlanders are very popular and they money factor is probably correct (and, yes.. it's high).

A Highlander is not going to be a cheap lease, no matter what.... you just have to negotiate the lowest selling price possible.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• robi77robi77 Member Posts: 39
    Thank you for the feedback, kyfdx. I will continue my search...
This discussion has been closed.