-June 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

2002 Chevy Silverado Changes...Any one know the changes?

wxfcstrwxfcstr Member Posts: 18
edited April 2014 in Chevrolet

Comments

• Options
    wxfcstrwxfcstr Member Posts: 18
    I read a little on the 4 wheel steering that is supposed to make it for 2002. The rear wheels are supposed to have about a 20 degree turn radius, which will make backing a boat down a ramp or into storage a whole lot easier. Hopefully, GM will get this improvement in for 2002, but given the delays I keep seeing on the composite box option for 2001, who knows.
  • Options
    ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    over on pickup truck.com a guy who says he works at the fort wayne plant said they are starting to produce 30-50 trucks with composite beds per day i believe.
  • Options
    ricschricsch Member Posts: 540
    a composite box would be nice when it comes to scratches, at least it wouldn't allow for rust to develop if left unrepaired!! Scratches bite!
  • Options
    hunter98hunter98 Member Posts: 273
    Just kidding, but the way these HP numbers keep inflating and motors improving, it may be here before we know it.

:)

I am really curious too, about 2002, but want 4 improvements before I buy.

1.Bigger SB Fuel Tank
    2.Power Trailer tow mirrors
    3.3.42 Rear end Duramax
    4.Two tone paint

Then and only then will I lay down a large wad of cash on a D/A truck. There is no reason to not have these optional. It might even improve customer satisfaction and sales. I would be alot happier with these than 500 hp. The power a pleanty is already there, and to go up any more would take more fuel.

Hunter
  • Options
    quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    You will never see the bigger SB fuel tank in your lifetime. I've been following this one for years. As for 2,3,4 anything's possible.
  • Options
    hunter98hunter98 Member Posts: 273
    Even the 29 gal out of the ford would be an improvement. That is 30-60 miles additional range between fillups, which would help quite a bit actually. The dodge 3/4 ton SB have I think a 32 gallon tank. It is alot larger than the 1500's get. You may be right, probable are, but I can always hope. If you have been following it for years, what is the reason that they don't put a larger tank in?

Hunter
  • Options
    quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    I don't know the reason. Fickle GM marketing I suspect. Same (il)logic why you can't buy leather seats in a Chevy/GMC regular cab truck. In a Ford or Dodge you can.
  • Options
    eric2001eric2001 Member Posts: 482
    The power camper mirrors are being offered next year from what I've seen. I don't think they are a power extend though... Just power adjust on the mirror itself.
This discussion has been closed.