Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151
    edited July 2014

@imidazol97 said:
    Match the car for 2014 with its rear seat leg room measurement vs media reportage:

Well, the point I'm making is that a lot of real world testing by the "drivers" and "evaluators" doesn't seem really to happen: they just report what someone else said or thought. Much talk about changes seems to come from press releases by the companies.

As for rear seat room, the Malibu is not short. Instead, the Sonata is short. When's the last time a person complained about Sonata's (Optima's lack of legroom in the rear? Never? Not on the agenda, is it, so it's not repeated. Also check the passenger seat height. My wife would not have been able to get in and out because the seat is low.

Passat 39.1
    Camry 38.9
    Accord 38.5
    Malibu 36.8
    Sonata 34.6

As for mileage? Doesn't look like there's a king here either. Accord uses a CVT and I didn't want to trust being a first year guinea pig for transmissions with Honda's track record. It didn't drive bad and much of the odd feeling was just that I'm so used to a 4-speed automatic.

Accord, (27/36)
    Malibu, (25/36)
    Camry (25/35)
    Sonata (24/35)
    Passat (24/35) (Passat mileage may be cited for the manual trans. Automatic mileage not given.)

My point has been fair treatment in the mags and reporting helps the image of GM's products much more than the continual negative ideas passed along.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976

@oldfarmer50 said:If you want old Caddys like that wait until you go back down south. They're falling out of the trees down there:
    http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/4524425012.html

$1500 for my dream car! And $1500 gets me into a Cadillac Eldarado. When I was a kid I never thought I would ever have owned a Cadillac.....nows my chance.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

@imidazol97 said:
    My point has been fair treatment in the mags and reporting helps the image of GM's products much more than the continual negative ideas passed along.

I think the reviews were basically good, just have to read between the lines. If you take out some of the Hybrids which they ranked high even if you weren't interested in them, the Malibu comes in around 10th....and the total marks are close.

Keep in mind in the luxury department they gave Caddie CTS first place in a tight field, so I don't think they are bias....just trying to report in an organized way to make it easier to choose.

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    edited July 2014

Kind of liking that '92 Eldo, with the low miles.

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,358

@isellhondas:

Good job!!!

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342

@oldfarmer50 said:

That Taurus will probably get driven less than 2000 miles a year so I didn't care about the miles so much. On a 800.00 beater, condition is much more important than the odometer reading.

As far as records? Nope, just from my face to face meeting with the seller I wasn't worried since he did most of the servicing himself. His wife made a weekly 80 mile trip in it because the A/C cooled better than her minivan did. He made sure it was up to snuff so his kids could make the five hour trip to college. Hopefully the damm thing will run for awhile.

The 73 year old woman who got it has survived 17 operations for various forms of cancer. She is the sweetest, giving person you'll ever meet. Her husband died after a long cancer battle seven years ago. The went through all of their savings and lost their house in the process.

She volunteers with me every week at the Food Bank.

All of you would have done the same thing. I know that.

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,664
    edited July 2014

@isellhondas said:
    She volunteers with me every week at the Food Bank.

All of you would have done the same thing. I know that.

You're assuming we would even volunteer at the Food Bank. No, I think you have to face the fact that you are an exceptionally kind person. :D

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2014
    @imidazol97‌ said:

"That's an example of why I don't think many actually tried the sit test. They just perpetuate the anti-GM thinking without facts."

Imid, IMHO and with all due respect (and I do mean respect in the strictest sense of the word), you need to tone down your persistent defense of the GM name badge and what people or news articles say about GM. It is so obvious that you are extremely prejudiced and biased in favor of GM without any due consideration for the opinions of others!

Whenever a news article or poster shares an opinion regarding GM products, management or corporate image, you tend to pounce on them. There is no need to be so obviously biased - GM HAS PRODUCED GREAT VEHICLES AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO. But your prejudicial and biased remarks, IMHO, need some toning down.

Thanks for taking my honest feedback for what it's worth. You are a great guy, and I know you will accept my constructive criticism for what it is meant to achieve - to make a conscious effort to be more objective.

Thanks, imid. :wink:

2021 Genesis G90

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

@driver100 said:
    When I was selling my snow tires 3 years ago on CL a guy called who was on a ship out at sea. He wanted me to open a Paypal account, he would pay, and his friend would come by and pick up the snow tires. I called CL to see if this sounded good to them, and they say never do it. Only pay if you have the money in your hands. I couldn't figure out how they would pull off the scam but I am sure where money is involved, they will find a way - they are out there.

Ah, that's an easy one. First, let's oust the "friend" from the equation, because he doesn't exist. So let's say you are asking $200 for your snow tires. Mysteriously, the person "at sea" will make an error and overpay you, probably by at least a thousand dollars. He will do this using a Paypal account he has hacked. It's not his money.
    Then, he'll contact you regarding his error, and ask you to please wire the excess funds to him (or his friend, or whatever). Some time later, the person who legitimately owns the paypal account files a fraud claim, but by then it's generally too late and the money is long gone. Of course the imaginary friend never shows up to pick up the "items" or "merchandise."

Years ago, when I had excess time on my hands, I used to mess with the scammers a bit and write back a few times, changing the name of the item I was selling to something like "box of rattlesnakes." I'd always present a few obstacles of my own, such as being blind and unable to fill out the appropriate customs paperwork to ship my rattlesnakes or pile of rusty nails overseas. It was pretty clear they didn't even read the emails, because my "items" that I offered for sale were increasingly ridiculous (say, the item in the ad was a jet ski, and in my response I'd change it). Once, I got a scammer to send me a (fake) cashier's check. I gave my name as Tsarina Alexandra Romanov and the address to the local police department. No idea what transpired.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

edited July 2014

I never picked my toes in Poughkeepsie---

Just received a past due parking notice from a company called LAZ Parking for a violation that occurred at the Metro North parking facility in Poughkeepsie about 100 miles away.

Only problem is I haven't been to Poughkeepsie in years, I've never ridden a Metro North train, they give no date for the infraction and the plate # they cite doesn't belong to any car I own now or have recently owned.

I called their service number and the clerk said it was a "discrepancy" because the plate # was a Wisconsin plate. I asked them how it came back to me since I never had that plate # and she just repeated that it was a discrepancy and I could ignore it. We'll see if that is that.

It just got me wondering because a few years ago my son got a parking ticket notice from the city of Poughkeepsie which turned out to be an error. Do you folks who live in the big cities ever experience this?

Is someone out to get my family or are they just picking their toes?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• mako1amako1a Member Posts: 1,855

oldfarmer, a long time ago and I mean long like 30 or 35 years ago there was something going on with Philly and Pittsburgh where tickets were issued back and forth city to city. Wives were arguing with husbands, it was crazy. Husbands saying I've never been to that city. It finally came out in the national news and it ended, but what a mess it caused.

2013 Mustang GT, 2001 GMC Yukon Denali

edited July 2014
    @oldfarmer50‌ said:

"I called their service number and the clerk said it was a "discrepancy" because the plate # was a Wisconsin plate. I asked them how it came back to me since I never had that plate # and she just repeated that it was a discrepancy and I could ignore it. We'll see if that is that."

Yes, OF, I had the same thing happen to me in California. They told me to ignore it, which I did. 2 years later, I received a summons for $1000 for failing to pay a parking ticket. It was the same ticket I got 2 years prior.

Luckily I had the municipality issue me a corrected receipted by certified mail about that parking violation which I had to submit to the municipality again. They refused to accept it. I got an attorney and sued them. Not only did I win the case, but I received all court costs plus $2000 for my time list at work to straighten out the mess. They also had to pay for my attorney and his costs.

Make sure they send you a certified letter stating that it was not your car or plate- but a Wisconsin plate. Better safe than sorry!

2021 Genesis G90

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151

@isellhondas said:
    Just received a past due parking notice from a company called LAZ Parking for a violation that occurred at the Metro North parking facility in Poughkeepsie about 100 miles away.

I just got an email notice about not having paid my toll and it's from EZ Pass. I can't even think of
    anywhere I've been with a toll bridge or toll road. Ain't got many of those here in W. Ohio. I did drive over the Ohio Turnpike, toll, a few weeks ago going to and fro Michigan for a wedding, but was never on it.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,091

@abacomike said:
    Imid, IMHO and with all due respect (and I do mean respect in the strictest sense of the word), you need to tone down your persistent defense of the GM name badge and what people or news articles say about GM. It is so obvious that you are extremely prejudiced and biased in favor of GM without any due consideration for the opinions of others!

Whenever a news article or poster shares an opinion regarding GM products, management or corporate image, you tend to pounce on them. There is no need to be so obviously biased - GM HAS PRODUCED GREAT VEHICLES AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO. But your prejudicial and biased remarks, IMHO, need some toning down.

Thanks for taking my honest feedback for what it's worth. You are a great guy, and I know you will accept my constructive criticism for what it is meant to achieve - to make a conscious effort to be more objective.

Defending GM is just that. It is not "prejudicial and biased". Imid has made some valid points using facts and reasonable conclusions. It is not the same as saying "All GM cars are the bestest thing ever" the way some around here do for their favorite makes.

I will state up-front that I am not a fan of the current Malibu. I do not like the styling or the interior design. But that does not mean I am right and Imid is wrong. It is my opinion, that is all.

I also have the opinion that he is correct in his opinion that GM vehicles get a rougher ride in the press than some other makes. In fact I believe that it works both ways, that certain makes get a free pass from the automotive press for reasons that remain mystifying. But look at most any review of a Chevy or a Buick and you see comments that just do not jibe with the facts. A lot of auto writers grew up in the "Asian tuner" generation where anything from across the Pacific is good and anything out of Detroit is hopelessly bad. Add to that resentment from some about the events of 2009 and you have a very toxic point of view for some. I think those biases are real and get into their reviews and - yes - opinions.

We all offer opinions here. His are perfectly valid. So are yours. But again, with all due respect, having been on the receiving end of a similar suggestion from you recently on news coverage of the GM recalls, it seems to me your definition of "objective" is an opinion that agrees with your own. That is not what the word means.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

edited July 2014

@ab348 said:
    We all offer opinions here. His are perfectly valid. So are yours. But again, with all due respect, having been on the receiving end of a similar suggestion from you recently on news coverage of the GM recalls, it seems to me your definition of "objective" is an opinion that agrees with your own. That is not what the word means.

You are just as biased and prejudiced about GM as imid is. You both need to tone down your criticism of those of us who provide our opinions about GM. You have taken me to task many times, as has imid, and I'm just tired of both of you. PERIOD!

I've tried to be positive, provide feedback, and this is what I get. PATHETIC. You can persist with your biases, but I pay no attention to you both - I've lost my patience with both of you.

2021 Genesis G90

@oldfarmer50 said:

Only problem is I haven't been to Poughkeepsie in years, I've never ridden a Metro North train, they give no date for the infraction and the plate # they cite doesn't belong to any car I own now or have recently owned.

I called their service number and the clerk said it was a "discrepancy" because the plate # was a Wisconsin plate. I asked them how it came back to me since I never had that plate # and she just repeated that it was a discrepancy and I could ignore it. We'll see if that is that.

It just got me wondering because a few years ago my son got a parking ticket notice from the city of Poughkeepsie which turned out to be an error. Do you folks who live in the big cities ever experience this?

Is someone out to get my family or are they just picking their toes?

I just got something similar from a private parking lot in downtown Cincinnati. Now, I do go downtown to see sports, plays and occasionally eat. But, haven't been there in a month.

What they sent me was some sort of "citation" stating I parked in their lot without paying the parking fee at their machine. They had a picture of what looked something like a Dodge Stratus with a license plate that had an illegible number. Pretty grainy pic (thermal printed?), so who knows? Problem was, their picture was of a car's front license plate, which I don't have.

My guess, parking lot company trying to generate a little more revenue and copies down numbers on cars they see on the street, and they turn them into the police dept, as parking violators on their private lots. Then, they mail them an invoice.

Not sure what I'm going to do here. I've called their "customer service" line, only to get the voice mail runaround. On the other hand, I won't do anything since they don't even have the right car. But, they obviously have my address. So, they at least know where I live.

@abacomike said:
    You are just as biased and prejudiced about GM as imid is. You both need to tone down your criticism of those of us who provide our opinions about GM. You have taken me to task many times, as has imid, and I'm just tired of both of you. PERIOD!

I've tried to be positive, provide feedback, and this is what I get. PATHETIC. You can persist with your biases, but I pay no attention to you both - I've lost my patience with both of you.

Whatever. If your are looking for what you call "objectivity" anywhere around here I think you are in the wrong place. We are all here to offer opinions. I don't expect to agree with them all nor do I expect everyone to agree with my own. Apparently that is not the case for everyone.

• jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    edited July 2014

@oldfarmer50 said:

I take you at your word. Even though I've never engaged in that particular activity in Poughkeepsie , I've picked them throughout the West Coast, Eastern Seaboard, Midwest , South and Southwest. I've put it on my "to do list " for tomorrow.

@jayrider said:
    I take you at your word. Even though I've never engaged in that particular activity in Poughkeepsie , I've picked them throughout the West Coast, Eastern Seaboard, Midwest , South and Southwest. I've put it on my "to do list " for tomorrow.

I quoted a famous line by Gene Hackman in the opening of 'The French Connection'. ;)

• jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602

@oldfarmer50 said:
    I quoted a famous line by Gene Hackman in the opening of 'The French Connection'. ;)

I remember it well.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971

I still read this forum but do not participate because of what we have just seen a few posts back. A shame really but such is life. I just choose to participate in a more friendlier environment if you will...no one is in these forums to be chastised by another member for their opinions...kind of sucks all the life out of things!

Back to lurking!!!

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    edited July 2014

@ab348 said:
    Whatever. If your are looking for what you call "objectivity" anywhere around here I think you are in the wrong place. We are all here to offer opinions. I don't expect to agree with them all nor do I expect everyone to agree with my own. Apparently that is not the case for everyone.

^^^ this.
    We have a large group of people with highly diverse backgrounds, experiences, and vehicle preferences. We are ALL biased. Even editorial reviews, which proclaim themselves to be "unbiased" are frequently accused of having bias. If that's the case, why would we expect that this, a conversational forums discussion, to be free of bias?

Sometimes I marvel at the strong biases of members in various parts of our forums, and what I perceive as blind loyalties, or failures to recognize failures or to give credit where it's due. I shrug and move on.

Let's not intentionally go to war over a matter so trivial as other members' favored/unfavored manufacturers or vehicles.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

@Kirstie_H said:I used to mess with the scammers a bit and write back a few times,

Thanks for the explanation....greatly appreciated....I couldn't see how they were going to pull off the scam

I like your little way of getting back at the scammers. A guy with a heavy accent called and wanted to clean our ducts. I told him I had 12 filthy "ducks" and would really like them cleaned up, they were making a mess of the house. We went around in circles, him trying to explain what he did, me not getting it. He finally hung up...it was fun beating a scammer.

@abacomike said:, IMHO and with all due respect (and I do mean respect in the strictest sense of the word), you need to tone down your persistent defense of the GM name badge and what people or news articles say about GM.

It's not worth having a flare up over. We have done really well here considering the number of posts posted every day. There are forums where people are having disagreements constantly. Imid is making a point which he honestly believes is happening, and Mike has picked up on that. Just different point of views.....let's just leave it and maybe we can learn something from it.

@oldfarmer50 said:

Thank you for your kind words!

@isellhondas said:Thank you for your kind words!

I kind of got sidetracked but ditto those same kind words from me too. You did a great job of getting what seems like a nice car for a nice lady. Also, volunteering is admirable. Nice little sales story too!

When my stepdad was in his final months, somehow the money suckers found out about him.

I had to get all of his mail sent to us or he probably would have been suckered in.

They would usually include a dollar bill and ask for donations to whatever silly cause they were pushing. I'm not talking about mainstream charities here. They would even include a stamped
    self addressed envelope.

Somehow I had gotten ahold of a large box of thin but heavy 3X3 refrigerator magnets and a large supply of Monopoly money.

I would stuff the envelopes full of heavy magnets and Monopoly money and send it to them.

No doubt there would be a lot of postage due when these arrived.

Funny how quickly these mailings stopped.

@driver100 said:

Thank you too. It was getting frustrating but the look on her face and her tears of happiness made it well worth the trouble.

@isellhondas said:I would stuff the envelopes full of heavy magnets and Monopoly money and send it to them.

No doubt there would be a lot of postage due when these arrived.

I like getting back at scammers. Another one I want to get back at is perspective employers. After I got canned from my 3rd job in 4 years I went to some job interviews. Most companies made me wait for a long time, and then they didn't even acknowledge me coming to the interview...not even a form rejection letter.

I sometimes feel like applying for jobs, having a fantastic resume, and then showing up in old jeans with 4 days of stubble. Knocking things off the HR persons desk, falling out of my chair, spilling coffee on the floor etc. There is one company in particular that I would like to do it to.
    Do you think it would be illegal? Now that I am retired it would make for a very entertaining day, and what a story I would have.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,545

darn Driver, retirement does sound like fun!

car related, you can go back to all the dealers that screwed you around somehow. Dress expensive, drive the nice car in, then spend the day test driving and negotiating with all the sales managers. Spend the day, and get them all jumping to write up a few expensive cars at lay down prices.

then at the end, say you have to check with the wife, get up, and leave.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

@stickguy said:

I love it....this retirement thing could be a real blast, it's giving me ideas for a whole new career.

@stickguy said:

car related, you can go back to all the dealers that screwed you around somehow. Dress expensive, drive the nice car in, then spend the day test driving and negotiating with all the sales managers. Spend the day, and get them all jumping to write up a few expensive cars at lay down prices.

Be sure to burst through the door, spread your arms wide and yell "Who wants to sell a car TODAY!".

Just saw a news story about how Home Depot is selling 3-D printers for as little as $800. What an incredible price drop.

How long before the day comes where you can walk into the dealer, pick your car out on the computer screen and have the salesman print it out while you wait?

edited July 2014

So, got this email from my Acura dealer yesterday.....

Hi GG:

Hope you're having a great summer. Not sure if you knew, but Acura is bringing out a totally new car you might be interested in. It's called a TLX. From the pictures I've seen and the literature Acura headquarters has sent me, it's a beautiful car, with more style, more performance, all while offering class leading luxury and technology.

We're having a private showing of the TLX at the end of the month. We'll have cars for test drives as well as Hors d'Oeuvres and wine afterwards. I will have more details later this week. Stop in and sign up for what will prove to be a great event.

Best regards,

Boy.....first the release of the BMW M235i and now this. They sure know how to tempt a guy.

@graphicguy said:
    We're having a private showing of the TLX at the end of the month. We'll have cars for test drives as well as Hors d'Oeuvres and wine afterwards. I will have more details later this week. Stop in and sign up what will prove to be a great event.

Man, I can see our news media up here having a field day with that line. "Local car dealer promotes drinking and driving!"

@ab348 said:
    Man, I can see our news media up here having a field day with that line. "Local car dealer promotes drinking and driving!"

AB...I was thinking the exact same thing. I guess the good thing, they're waiting until AFTER the test drives are done. That means if you do get picked up, it will be in YOUR car, not theirs.

• cu503cu503 Member Posts: 39

keep the wine and cheese, how about more of the $ 100 to take a test drive!

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Quite a step up from the old days of Saturn dealers pushing hotdogs.

car story!
    DD needed a car, considered new mazda 3(have the 2014 6 love it) but new plant, in mexico, no thanks, so used 2013 made in Japan
    autotrader and cars.com showed 15 to 18K for the sports w/ good mileage.

started looking at dealer inventory on dealer web sites in 3 states, found a small one that does not advertise on these car site, had 8 2013 Mazda 3 NEW at 15990, she is picking it up Sunday.

Moral of the story, do some leg work and you may find a deal ;)

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,428

Impressive

the 2013s are "s" models with the 2.5 or "i" models with the 2.0 Skyactiv? What trim level are they (sport, touring, grand touring)? What state did you find these gems in?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@Mr_Shiftright said:
    Quite a step up from the old days of Saturn dealers pushing hotdogs.

Ain't that the truth.

CU....I agree. Make me go to your dealership to get the Visa gift card sent by the manufacturer, and I'll be there. Wine and cheese is probably much cheaper....sponsored by the dealership, though, not the manufacturer.

BTW...trying to figure out who DD is? Are those your child's/spouse's initials?

Daddy's Daughter?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@nyccarguy said:
    Impressive

the 2013s are "s" models with the 2.5 or "i" models with the 2.0 Skyactiv? What trim level are they (sport, touring, grand touring)? What state did you find these gems in?

skyactive 6 spd auto, sport dealer is in Brockton Ma

@nyccarguy said:
    Daddy's Daughter?

Dear daughter= DD
    Boy I will not miss working on her car for a while, she thinks there are 2 modes of driving, ON the gas or ON the brakes!

@cu503‌

A neighboring state. UH - OH

@graphicguy said:
    So, got this email from my Acura dealer yesterday.....

GG, 2015 TLX has many refinements and new innovations. Starting price sounds pretty reasonable at $32K..I thought they were going to get rid of the beak since sales went down when they introduced the beak look. Many people I have talked to like the looks of the previous model better. Doesn't seem to be any reviews yet....does sound like a lot of car for the money, if it is as good as Acura says it is.

@cu503 said:started looking at dealer inventory on dealer web sites in 3 states, found a small one that does not advertise on these car site, had 8 2013 Mazda 3 NEW at 15990, she is picking it up Sunday.

>

Good research cu. Cars made in Mexico shouldn't be a problem, but, I remember VW Foxes were made in Mexico and they were very problematic....kind of is a concern to me too. That was another reason why we chose a Passat (made in Chatanooga TN) instead of a Jetta (made in Mexico). Technically, as was stated, robots are robots and there shouldn't be much difference, but I'll have to witness a Mexican made car that has a good record of reliability before I'll believe it.

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913

@graphicguy said:
    We're having a private showing of the TLX at the end of the month. We'll have cars for test drives as well as Hors d'Oeuvres and wine afterwards.

The TLX looks nice enough but the styling is too safe and generic.

Speaking of private showing, well I received an invitation and a $500 voucher in the mail for the purchase of a new Nissan Versa, Sentra or Altima. It appears Nissan is going all out, even making the bold claim, "Dare to Compare" MPG with the Civic, Corolla, Accord and Camry as well as offering 0% financing.

I read 40 Mexicans went to Japan to learn how to build the cars and program the robots.
    hmm, how many Japanese do I know that are fluent in Spanish..... on the other hand how many Mexicans speak Japanese?.............