Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290
    thebean said:

Wasn’t there an Inconsiderate Drivers II forum somewhere on the General forum listing? I enjoyed reading about all the clueless rearends driving around, but it doesn’t seem to be here. Maybe I’m missing it, or I’m the clueless one. 🙂

There was one but it got shut down. Not exactly sure why but I can guess.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,190
    Michaell said:

Just doesn't have the same ring to it:

Hop in my Plymouth, it's as big as a whale
    And it's about to set sail
    I got me a car, it seats about twenty, so come on
    And bring your jukebox money
    It definitely loses something, but you know anyone who reads this tried to sing it like Fred Schneider!
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2013 VW Jetta 2.5SE
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    @abacomike
    After the first eye is done, you'll think you've gone from the color or a 1970s tv to a plasma or LED set because of the brightness and color shift in what you're seeing. The cataracts tend to make thing yellow and dim.

Just follow all the prep with medications in advance if any are given to you to prevent infection and fungus problems. You'll need someone to drive you home afterward. I'm sure someone on here would be glad to fly down and drive your car to get you home.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

thebean said:

Wasn’t there an Inconsiderate Drivers II forum somewhere on the General forum listing? I enjoyed reading about all the clueless rearends driving around, but it doesn’t seem to be here. Maybe I’m missing it, or I’m the clueless one. 🙂

I don't remember for sure, but I believe the topic was not set to stay near the top of bookmarked lists when it had any new posts. That tended to let people forget it existed.

My guess is the constant negativity of the posts due to the topic of the awful driving experiences set an image for the whole forum if someone found the topic and stumbled into it.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    ronsteve said:

Michaell said:

Just doesn't have the same ring to it:

Hop in my Plymouth, it's as big as a whale
    And it's about to set sail
    I got me a car, it seats about twenty, so come on
    And bring your jukebox money
    It definitely loses something, but you know anyone who reads this tried to sing it like Fred Schneider!
    Yep! Every time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,460
    driver100 said:

jipster said:

jmonroe1 said:

tjc78 said:

jmonroe1 said:

tjc78 said:

If you divided up the really long posts into 10 separate ones, you would have over 10000 posts by now.

@jmonroe1
    He got you there....

He didn't get me, Edmunds got me when I lost my seniority because I am now @jmonroe1. I have over 300 lol's as @jmonroe1 due to our newish system. If I got credit for the @jmonroe lol's I'm sure I'd be in a much higher lol bracket. Possbly on the same page as our bragging poster buddy.

Maybe one of our MOD's can verify this for me.

jmonroe
    I just thought the line about long posts into separate ones was pretty funny.

667 + 345 = 1012

Happy Now?

THANKS, I needed that.

See whadda I tell ya. BTW, I didn't know you were promoted to a MOD status.

Thanks again.

jmonroe
    Looks like "old" jmonroe was funnier. You past your prime! :o:'(
    I think the new JMonroe is actually funnier.....and shorter snappier answers.
    JMonroe1 has had 345 lol's in one year, the original took over 10 years to get 667 lols
    You noticed that too did you?

FWIW, my lol percentage to total posts is more than twice what yours is. You got a lotta catching up to do and for a guy your age, you ain't likely to accomplish that. :'(

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jipster said:

jmonroe1 said:

tjc78 said:

jmonroe1 said:

tjc78 said:

If you divided up the really long posts into 10 separate ones, you would have over 10000 posts by now.

@jmonroe1
    He got you there....

He didn't get me, Edmunds got me when I lost my seniority because I am now @jmonroe1. I have over 300 lol's as @jmonroe1 due to our newish system. If I got credit for the @jmonroe lol's I'm sure I'd be in a much higher lol bracket. Possbly on the same page as our bragging poster buddy.

jmonroe

667 + 345 = 1012

Happy Now?

THANKS, I needed that.

Thanks again.

jmonroe
    JMonroe1 has had 345 lol's in one year, the original took over 10 years to get 667 lols

FWIW, my lol percentage to total posts is more than twice what yours is. You got a lotta catching up to do and for a guy your age, you ain't likely to accomplish that. :'(

jmonroe
    But, I didn't rely on sympathy votes.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jipster said:

jmonroe1 said:

tjc78 said:

jmonroe1 said:

tjc78 said:

@jmonroe1
    He got you there....

jmonroe

667 + 345 = 1012

Happy Now?

THANKS, I needed that.

Thanks again.

jmonroe

jmonroe
    But, I didn't rely on sympathy votes.
    Don't try to make yourself feel good. You know as well as I do that neither of us got any of those. ;)

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)

@abacomike
    After the first eye is done, you'll think you've gone from the color or a 1970s tv to a plasma or LED set because of the brightness and color shift in what you're seeing. The cataracts tend to make thing yellow and dim.

Just follow all the prep with medications in advance if any are given to you to prevent infection and fungus problems. You'll need someone to drive you home afterward. I'm sure someone on here would be glad to fly down and drive your car to get you home.

I'm glad you brought up the driver thing. This would be the perfect time for @Mike to send me the long overdue airfare money to come visit him and schlep him home after his surgery. ;)

jmonroe
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    What, he can’t just Uber home. A lot cheaper!
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    suydam said:

LOL. Yeah, but, there are several on here who've been angling to free visits to Florida.

I'll wait until after he's had his eyes replaced before I tell him what went wrong with my cataract replacement.

In the interest of full disclosure on here...
    Since the discussion of watches a few weeks ago, I've been watching Evine and the Invicta watches a lot more than I did before. I was somewhat critical of the ones I noticed earlier. I think a watch should be like watches I had in the 60s, and on through the 00's.

But by watching more, I see some watches I could actually like. Not all the designs are as extravagant as I generalized them to be. The odd thing is the watches they're selling for hundreds, tend to be the ones I think are flamboyant. The cheaper ones are the ones I could like.

First impressions can be wrong.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,432
    I doubt JM got funnier. More likely they only implemented the likes and LOL stuff a couple years ago!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

not rare, but I got stopped behind a newer Tacoma today. In honor of Fintail, it had Washington plates, and a "toyota of Bellevue" plate frame. I hope the poor owner didn't have to drive it all the way cross country!

suydam said:

He could but it's always nicer to be driven home by someone who cares about you.

jmonroe
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    I gotta get one of these.

https://youtu.be/QzMGeyj0B-g

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

No, what you really need is a life :D

jmonroe1 said:

suydam said:

He could but it's always nicer to be driven home by someone who cares about you.

jmonroe
    I'd say better to use Uber. They will take you home and then leave you alone. B)

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    That's a long drive in something not known for luxurious refinement. I thought migration patterns were going the other way, based on population growth here, and the amount of out of state plates I see virtually every day.
    stickguy said:

not rare, but I got stopped behind a newer Tacoma today. In honor of Fintail, it had Washington plates, and a "toyota of Bellevue" plate frame. I hope the poor owner didn't have to drive it all the way cross country!

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    abacomike said:

Just got back from the ophthalmologist - have to have cataracts taken care of in both eyes. I knew I was in trouble when my vision was changing over the years.

So I guess it will be done in September and October - one eye at a time several weeks apart. My brother had his taken care of last year and he says it sure improved his vision.

I just don’t seem to have much luck with my health - what can I say? 😩

I had both eyes done before I was forty.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

sometimes they are shipped across. There are also a fair amount of military operations around, so could be from that.

or someone that just didn't like rain!

The Drake Hotel in Chicago has one of those, saw it in action once, pretty neat.

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,498
    I'll add to the chorus -- today's cataract surgery is one of the best things in medical progress in decades. I'm generally late to the party, but when I got my cataract surgery done a few years ago it was life-changing. I'd worn glasses since I was three years old, and things got gradually dimmer and yellower until I got my diagnosis.

As nearly as I can tell, there's no downside. It's like someone turned up the lights and allowed the camera to focus. This is one of the few things about getting old that is good.

Look forward to it.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

thebean said:

Inconsiderate Drivers didn't get shut down. Just driven down the discussion list by the new discussions that get made all the time.
    PF_Flyer said:

thebean said:

Inconsiderate Drivers didn't get shut down. Just driven down the discussion list by the new discussions that get made all the time.
    It was inconsiderate drivers II that got shut down. As far as I know the original inconsiderate drivers is still up and I had it bookmarked but took it off when inconsiderate drivers II came along. IIRC there wasn't much going on there and inconsiderate II was made to bring the topic back on the discussion list.

Still not sure why #2 was shut down.

Too much negativity.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    I think in the past the easily offended took offense at their driving styles being mocked. It used to appear on the "News & Events" landing page, which sorts by latest post, but has been gone from there for some time.

I could post something to it daily. Yesterday's winners: Civic merges onto an interstate at 45 mph and doesn't enter the road until the last second, Mustang sits at an intersection, triggers red, then takes a free right turn, Chevy pickup slows down to a crawl in a busy intersection, hits signal once in intersection, then dawdles through when by that time a dozen cars were stuck behind it. A fun general observation: it is staying dark later in the morning, so the Corolla/Prius crew is out there with no lights.
  • thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,216
    Thanks all for the info on the Inconsiderate Drivers forums. 👍
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,333
    fintail said:

A fun general observation: it is staying dark later in the morning, so the Corolla/Prius crew is out there with no lights.

Saw that this morning taking S to school. Winter is coming.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
    fintail said:

I think in the past the easily offended took offense at their driving styles being mocked. It used to appear on the "News & Events" landing page, which sorts by latest post, but has been gone from there for some time.

I could post something to it daily. Yesterday's winners: Civic merges onto an interstate at 45 mph and doesn't enter the road until the last second, Mustang sits at an intersection, triggers red, then takes a free right turn, Chevy pickup slows down to a crawl in a busy intersection, hits signal once in intersection, then dawdles through when by that time a dozen cars were stuck behind it. A fun general observation: it is staying dark later in the morning, so the Corolla/Prius crew is out there with no lights.

I very much doubt that anyone being mocked actually read that forum. It was just a rant page really.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    Just weird after weird around here lately. Didn't get a shot of it, but this was on the hood of a white Miata convertible, at least 30" long. Plain goofy looking. I get it, they have a name for their car, but goofy!

PF_Flyer said:

Just weird after weird around here lately. Didn't get a shot of it, but this was on the hood of a white Miata convertible, at least 30" long. Plain goofy looking. I get it, they have a name for their car, but goofy!

That's not Goofy, that's Casper! :D
    I guess the real question is.......WHY?

edited August 2019
    Not that it would have looked good, but it might have been better on a door... and SMALLER

Besides, a Goofy might be more truck-appropriate ;)

I worded that clumsily, I meant those who saw their styles mocked. Like I would grumble about people who turn too slowly, and a slow turner would be offended. And then thee's the LLC topic, always a fave.
    suydam said:

I very much doubt that anyone being mocked actually read that forum. It was just a rant page really.

Soon we will be able to count those without lights, as it never fails - it seems to increase over time. I even see it on cars I know have auto lights.

Maybe just due to sales volumes in this region, but I can usually count on it being one of a handful of models, too.

Saw that this morning taking S to school. Winter is coming.

stickguy said:

I doubt JM got funnier. More likely they only implemented the likes and LOL stuff a couple years ago!

Actually, if you do the math, I did get funnier and by a factor of 4.

FWIW, doing the math again, more people like me too. Coincidentally, also by a factor of 4.

Who knew? :o

jmonroe
    A legend in his own mind! :p

jmonroe1 said:

stickguy said:

FWIW, doing the math again, more people like me too. Coincidentally, also by a factor of 4.

jmonroe
    Trying to resist but can't.

Yeah I hear that people laugh everytime you walk into a room. B)

houdini2 said:

In the interest of full disclosure on here...
    Since the discussion of watches a few weeks ago, I've been watching Evine and the Invicta watches a lot more than I did before. I was somewhat critical of the ones I noticed earlier. I think a watch should be like watches I had in the 60s, and on through the 00's.

But by watching more, I see some watches I could actually like. Not all the designs are as extravagant as I generalized them to be. The odd thing is the watches they're selling for hundreds, tend to be the ones I think are flamboyant. The cheaper ones are the ones I could like.

First impressions can be wrong.

I recently bought a submariner type Casio for $50. that looks pretty good. Waterproof up to 200 meters. Wife told me that if I ever found myself 200 meters under water, I would have bigger problems than checking to see what time it was.
    Yeah, you would have bigger fish to fry.

FWIW, I'd be willing to bet the only thing Mrs. j knows about meters is that there is an electric, gas and water meter attached to the house. Also willing to bet that she doesn't know I have about 5 or 6 electrical meters in a drawer in the garage.

jmonroe
    driver100 said:

A legend in his own mind! :p

And don't you forget it. B)

jmonroe
  • houdini2houdini2 Member Posts: 409

PF_Flyer said:

thebean said:

It was inconsiderate drivers II that got shut down. As far as I know the original inconsiderate drivers is still up and I had it bookmarked but took it off when inconsiderate drivers II came along. IIRC there wasn't much going on there and inconsiderate II was made to bring the topic back on the discussion list.

Still not sure why #2 was shut down.
    Yes, that was very inconsiderate !!
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    I used to be myopic, read out of one eye and distance out of the other. Wore glasses full time. Had the cataract removed in my left eye in 2013. No more glasses but, and this is a big but, have to wear reading glasses now to read!! Kinda shucks but better than wearing them 24/7. Went to the Dollar Store and bought about 10 pairs of the 2.50 reading glasses and put them all over the house. We both use them.
    I knew this going in as I asked a lot of questions. Bottom line, wanted out of glasses to see distances and to drive. Wearing reading glasses is a small price to pay.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

jmonroe1 said:

stickguy said:

jmonroe

And then they want to know how to get the best price when they're car shopping. ;)

jmonroe
    jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

stickguy said:

jmonroe

And then they want to know how to get the best price when they're car shopping. ;)

jmonroe
    ....and you tell them, don't buy the real thing, save money and buy a wannabe. :D

I had laser surgery in 1995....I remember because I just got my Jeep Cherokee Ltd. So nice, not losing glasses, seeing the clock in the night, not having to put on glasses when getting out of bed, not falling asleep with glasses on, having glasses get steamed up, leaving glasses somewhere and not being able to find them, having to keep up with the newest styles, using contacts for sports.
    I imagine having lenses put in to correct cataracts will have the same advantages.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849
    I never have to worry about leaving my glasses anywhere... I’m so bad without them I wouldn’t make it out the room.

I wear contacts most of the time, but yes they are a pain

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• charlesnester3charlesnester3 Member Posts: 2

@stickguy said:

speaking of missing money, recently someone that works with my wife said she saw out name on the NJ missing funds list

http://www.missingmoney.com/

is a group of several states that share their information on unclaimed funds. Otherwise, check each state in which you lived or did business for unclaimed funds.

That's great guys, I live in SC.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    I didn’t even click it, but the link text is enough for me to say .... is ANY new corvette EVER a good idea for a teenager??

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S