Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151
    edited December 2019
    I'd say keep looking for other desirable models at dealers within a reasonable distance.
    Go to the visit with the salesman with pictures and data paper clipped for each of the other
    potential purchase vehicles. Have those underneath your printout of his red vehicle.

I carried mine in a sloppy manila folder left over from work days--sloppy in that it was obvious I had other choices already identified tossed loosely into the folder so that their corners showed.

Take title and checkbook and walking shoes. I think you'll get a phone call shortly. If not, I would agree with Suydam that day after Christmas is a good day to shop for others or as soon as your wife returns.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,314
    edited December 2019
    He should get a number from Carvana, so he has something to counter with.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,557

driver100 said:

fintail said:

I wouldn't want to deal with randoms in a place like FL either.

driver100 said:

I'm not going to do Craigslist, especially down here. I lose the difference in sales tax.....and risk my life.

Sometimes lucky to survive dealing with normal folks down here.

So you’re used to it. If you can handle a slick car salesman you should have no trouble with a shaky meth head. :p

Wait until New Year’s Eve to make your offer if you shop the dealer and you’ll be pleasantly surprised. My verified experience is that dealers have a mark up of about 30% over cost so use that as your guide. My buddy got 25% off just for the asking on NYE.
    Please don't encourage him. Do you really want to hear daily blow-by-blows about phone calls he gets from a sleasy salesman for the rest of the month? It was bad enough getting daily updates about having a backup camera installed on his wannabe luxo. I've had back up cameras on my cars since 2009 (4 of them) and none of them have been so called luxo's. Hell, even that head turning black '15 Altima rental had one.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

I'm not going to do Craigslist, especially down here. I lose the difference in sales tax.....and risk my life.

So you’re used to it. If you can handle a slick car salesman you should have no trouble with a shaky meth head. :p

Wait until New Year’s Eve to make your offer if you shop the dealer and you’ll be pleasantly surprised. My verified experience is that dealers have a mark up of about 30% over cost so use that as your guide. My buddy got 25% off just for the asking on NYE.
    I can't take too much game playing. Edmunds values my car at $11400. They claim to have reduced the 2016 from $29200 to $25700 for internet buyers. I think I would do it for $12000 difference......if not I can easily walk. They can always call me if they want to sell another car this month.
    I think if they were smart they would take their profit on the new one, give me about $13700 on mine.....they wouldn't have to do anything to it, turn around and sell it - try for $17000, has to sell at $16000.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

Predicting $7500 trade in offer.

I'll bet you $20 I can get more than that!

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,162
    I suspect one or two of those who responded and caused an audible eyeroll from me were of the luckiest generation B)

But no doubt, the more time spent dealing with a burgeoning idiocracy, the more chances of being jaded. Reminds me of a George Carlin (I think) line.

When you get to the age of the dreaded/hated boomers, you will take this point of view for granted. Or, maybe not -- unicorns may rule.

8K? They'll lowball you for sure, these places have big overhead. I have a feeling your car will be worth more to you than their offer.

Shop on the 30th and 31st, there might be some deals out there.
    driver100 said:

I'd say keep looking for other desirable models at dealers within a reasonable distance.
    Go to the visit with the salesman with pictures and data paper clipped for each of the other
    potential purchase vehicles. Have those underneath your printout of his red vehicle.

I carried mine in a sloppy manila folder left over from work days--sloppy in that it was obvious I had other choices already identified tossed loosely into the folder so that their corners showed.

Take title and checkbook and walking shoes. I think you'll get a phone call shortly. If not, I would agree with Suydam that day after Christmas is a good day to shop for others or as soon as your wife returns.

I don't have too much time to research.....I have tennis from 8 to 10 a.m. Mrs D has an appointment at 2. An hour and 20 minute ride to get there........
    I did a lot of research when we got this one....had proof with me of comparables. I will check some prices just to be sure, but not worth it to me to give me a price where I lose big time. I'm not even sure whether I like the 2016 more than what I have.

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

Please don't encourage him. Do you really want to hear daily blow-by-blows about phone calls he gets from a sleasy salesman for the rest of the month? It was bad enough getting daily updates about having a backup camera installed on his wannabe luxo. I've had back up cameras on my cars since 2009 (4 of them) and none of them have been so called luxo's. Hell, even that head turning black '15 Altima rental had one.

jmonroe
    They always load up the wannabes with all the goodies for a low price. On the true luxury cars they charge extra for everything. It is like a gourmet dinner, you get less but you pay more....quality over quantity.

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe
    They always load up the wannabes with all the goodies for a low price. On the true luxury cars they charge extra for everything. It is like a gourmet dinner, you get less but you pay more....quality over quantity.
    And we all know the value in that.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    fintail said:

8K? They'll lowball you for sure, these places have big overhead. I have a feeling your car will be worth more to you than their offer.

driver100 said:

If I am insulted by an offer of $8000 I would give them one warning they better get their act together....one more insult and I will be going. I have the attitude, I (might) want to buy the car, they definitely want to sell it....if the price works we have a deal. If not, no big deal. If they want to call me later they can do that....I will want the contract written up and signed before I drive back and emailed to me....I have done that before too.

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,660
    driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

If I am insulted by an offer of $8000 I would give them one warning they better get their act together....one more insult and I will be going. I have the attitude, I (might) want to buy the car, they definitely want to sell it....if the price works we have a deal. If not, no big deal. If they want to call me later they can do that....I will want the contract written up and signed before I drive back and emailed to me....I have done that before too.
    Last time I had a trade-in the dealer low balled me. I think it’s in their training manual.

Nevertheless, I walked and told them that what I would pay is what I would pay so there was no use discussing the matter. I already had a buy bid for my desired price so I was pretty confident. The salesman tried to use the sales tax saving as a lever but I still walked.

They caved but sometimes they just can’t meet your price on a particular unit. Only way to tell for sure is to ask.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe

jmonroe
    Yes, knowing that I have the real thing....not the knock off model.

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

Last time I had a trade-in the dealer low balled me. I think it’s in their training manual.

Nevertheless, I walked and told them that what I would pay is what I would pay so there was no use discussing the matter. I already had a buy bid for my desired price so I was pretty confident. The salesman tried to use the sales tax saving as a lever but I still walked.

They caved but sometimes they just can’t meet your price on a particular unit. Only way to tell for sure is to ask.
    You had another buyer in the wings, so you could walk. I don't know if I really want to sell my C250, so I can walk easily. I have a feeling Mrs D is going to prefer the 2014 over the 2016.....but, if we try it out at least we will know for sure.

I checked a few sights and their $29000 actual less $3000 discount is pretty phony. No one values it at $29000, most would say about $700 higher than their $25700 price. I see the amount they paid to buy the car was probably about $21000.....fair profit margin to play with!

edited December 2019
    @driver100

Check your reality trade-in value here: Real World Trade in Values

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/comment/5818980/#Comment_5818980

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe

jmonroe
    Really? Aren't you the one who has the luxo without a back up camera? And now you're considering spending thousands more to get one. That makes a lot of sense. I'm glad I don't have that kind of luxo mentality.

jmonroe
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,090
    I see numerous 2016 C300s for sale in Canada in the $28-29K range, In worthless Canadian $, so that one in Florida may be rather overpriced.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    I am assuming driver has not yet driven the car. Why go through this if it might not be to your liking? First inspect, drive and then negotiate. Why negotiate on something you haven't seen or touched?

2021 Genesis G90

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Not me. I’m an optimist always. It’s much more fun.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere

@driver100

Check your reality trade-in value here: Real World Trade in Values

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/comment/5818980/#Comment_5818980

I don't have time to wait...I did check Edmunds True Value and KBB. They both value mine at $11400 and the 2016 is valued at just over $26000....they are selling for $25700. I guess that is a spread of $14000, which sounds reasonable since those are the actual prices. I think I would have to be in the $12000 range to make it worth trading at all, and that depends on whether I like the 2016 more. I kind of like the idea of keeping this one on the road as long as possible....with or without a backup camera. As Mrs D says, you got along fine for over 50 years without one!

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe

jmonroe
    Really? Aren't you the one who has the luxo without a back up camera? And now you're considering spending thousands more to get one. That makes a lot of sense. I'm glad I don't have that kind of luxo mentality.

jmonroe
    A backup camera doesn't magically make a wannabe into a luxury car.

abacomike said:

I am assuming driver has not yet driven the car. Why go through this if it might not be to your liking? First inspect, drive and then negotiate. Why negotiate on something you haven't seen or touched?

Mike, I agree, that car is going to have to feel exceptional for me to give up the current car. However, just in case, it is good to have a plan in place in case we really like the 2016. I have been checking various CPO's, and this one seems to be calling out to me....just like this one did. When I saw the ad I knew it would be perfect at the time.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,539
    just go to the high end audio place, pay the $600 to get the camera installed, and be done with it.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe

jmonroe

jmonroe
    I couldn't agree more but a luxury car should have one. It shouldn't be an option on ANY luxury car.

jmonroe
    ab348 said:

I see numerous 2016 C300s for sale in Canada in the $28-29K range, In worthless Canadian $, so that one in Florida may be rather overpriced.

I can't get those prices from a Mercedes dealer....with a warranty. This one has almost 20000 miles and is $34500 Canadian. It has AWD, but that should add $1200 to $2000 at the most. Also, dollars equate to about 15% difference, not the full 25%, because salaries, transportation, buildings, and lots of hard costs are paid in Canadian dollars.

https://www.mercedes-benz-burlington.ca/inventory/certified-used-2016-mercedes-benz-c300-4matic-sedan-all-wheel-drive-4matic-4-door-sedan-55swf4kb1gu160977/

I'd say the price is not outstanding, but it is fair, for a Mercedes dealer. They have to certify it and guaranty it.

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe

jmonroe

jmonroe
    I couldn't agree more but a luxury car should have one. It shouldn't be an option on ANY luxury car.

jmonroe
    Normally I would agree stick. But, this was kind of a bare bones model to get people into a Mercedes. They put in a pop up sun roof with a manual shade that you push and pull, and they left out a GPS, BU cam, and blind spots....they did add a spoiler. I think they called it a sport model, and I think it was the only model offered in bright red.

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe

jmonroe

jmonroe

jmonroe
    Normally I would agree stick. But, this was kind of a bare bones model to get people into a Mercedes. They put in a pop up sun roof with a manual shade that you push and pull, and they left out a GPS, BU cam, and blind spots....they did add a spoiler. I think they called it a sport model, and I think it was the only model offered in bright red.
    I think it's past your bedtime. I'm not "stick". :@

jmonroe
    You just wish...

I wonder what @driver100 thinks about when the new Volkswagen Tiguan commercial comes on?

jmonroe
    What are you hoping for from the current car, and what would you pay for the new one? The best time to go car shopping is when you don't need a new car, you can walk and laugh.

Kind of along the lines of what others said, this car is nice but not rare, so they can't really hold much over you. Good luck! Give us the play by play.
    driver100 said:

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,918
    Go to the thread mentioned and @qbrozen can get the auction value. That’s what you need and what the dealers use. All the other sites are estimates.

Also jump on Carvana and Vroom to see what they will give you. This will take you less time than finishing your coffee.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

stickguy said:

just go to the high end audio place, pay the $600 to get the camera installed, and be done with it.

I am beginning to think the same. This is a big of a hassle and will probably be for nothing. So far, we are planning to go today to check it, but, I am having my doubts.

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe

jmonroe

jmonroe

jmonroe
    I do agree. When I bought the 2015 E I paid a few $1000 to get the package that gave you the camera.....a friend here had a 6 year old Elantra that had a backup camera.

I will say, that same guy bought a 2 door Cadillac CTA, not sure of the year. Looks pretty sharp, but he said he is disappointed with the BU cam in it......picture is not clear and there are no guidelines.

Mrs D and I discussed the new car when we took Trixie for her walk. We decided a one hour trip into the busiest area in Tampa, dealing with an aggressive sales guy would be too draining, PLUS, we really love our car.

Yesterday at Publix we parked next to a 1999 C230. It was silver, we had one just like it. It looked really nice, though 20 years old it looked nicer than most of the cars on the road.

I have always wanted to keep a really nice looking car for a longer time......a good looking older car is really special.

tjc78 said:

Go to the thread mentioned and @qbrozen can get the auction value. That’s what you need and what the dealers use. All the other sites are estimates.

Also jump on Carvana and Vroom to see what they will give you. This will take you less time than finishing your coffee.

X2

So splurge on the fancy audio shop. Get the BU camera. Why you are at it, spring for a dash cam! Probably most of the same install labor and parts like wiring.

stickguy said:

So splurge on the fancy audio shop. Get the BU camera. Why you are at it, spring for a dash cam! Probably most of the same install labor and parts like wiring.

Don't be getting all practical now... you know it makes much more sense to spend 12K on a new car with the features you want rather than to throw $600 away on the old clunker.

:smile:

Job update...

Still here getting paid to do basically nothing (among many others here). Waiting on paperwork for the WARN act and to be told if they are keeping me or putting me out to pasture.

Either way it looks like 60 more days of pay minimum before I would be without income. I think I'll know something this week. If they keep me I have over two weeks vacation time so I won't be here from about the 16th to the new year.

Working the network and applying for positions that make sense. I haven't done this for 19 years! Need to get the rust off.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,241
    tjc78 said:

Job update...

Still here getting paid to do basically nothing (among many others here). Waiting on paperwork for the WARN act and to be told if they are keeping me or putting me out to pasture.

Either way it looks like 60 more days of pay minimum before I would be without income. I think I'll know something this week. If they keep me I have over two weeks vacation time so I won't be here from about the 16th to the new year.

Working the network and applying for positions that make sense. I haven't done this for 19 years! Need to get the rust off.

Is your former employer connecting you with an outplacement company?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    I think there is not reason to treat a lowball as an "insult". It's probably not very productive to use emotional expressions, like "they better get their act together or else". After all, it's not Mr. Edmunds who cuts the check, it's the dealership, so if they determine that they like their car to collect dust for a bit longer and you like driving your current car a little longer then agreeing to the price you like (by that I mean cash plus barter), it's OK. Going after them emotionally might work, or may do the exact opposite, it depends a bit on the personalities.

Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything, there is no law saying dealers have to take our cars at prices we like (Mr. Edmunds, Ms. Kelley) and there is no law saying we have to buy what they sell. At the end it will be about who wants it more - you, them , or perhaps neither.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

Nope, not doing a thing.

We have all banded together and brushed up our Resumes and LinkedIn Profiles. One of our IT guys did profile photos for whoever needed.

We operated as a family and are going down that way.

I am hoping for some closure this week.

tjc78 said:

Sounds like a good plan....when and if the urge strikes again.

tjc78 said:

Job update...

Looking for another job is a full time job.

tjc78 said:

Nope, not doing a thing.

We have all banded together and brushed up our Resumes and LinkedIn Profiles. One of our IT guys did profile photos for whoever needed.

We operated as a family and are going down that way.

I am hoping for some closure this week.

I am hoping for the best for you too along with all your poster buddies in here.

Getting this kind of info at this time of the year has to be very trying on you and your family. I've seen it happen to fellow workers all too often. Glad it never happened to me. However, in a way, it should have. One time a guy was very upset when he got the word and said something like, "I get the ax and then we have guys like @jmonroe who speak out about management all the time but they're still here. It's just not fair". In a way he was right but fairness is something that your parents teach you, it is rarely put to use in the business world.

Good luck, I'm sure it will turn out OK for you.

jmonroe
  • houdini2houdini2 Member Posts: 409
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

WOW, 2016 C300, 15000 miles, red with beige interior, $25,700, blind spot, GPS, back-up camera.

So tempting!

Does it have backup camera?

I was thinking you'd find a drop dead gorgeous trade rather than a new vehicle. You can spend a little money for it and help the US economy there in FL. Your car looks good and surely has a market keeping its trade value good. Go for it. Have them put a big white Christmas bow on top--tell them they can make a Christmas commercial out of you and your wife picking it up! (for a fee?)
    Yes, it has everything I would want. I think it makes sense in some ways. The hardest part is giving up the 2014 for less than $12000.....I think if I could get $14 or $15k for it......but, I don't think that is possible. Guess I have to sleep on it, if the stock market goes up 1000 points on Monday I may go for it, but then...............

UNLIMITED Miles Warranty!! Passed 155 Point inspection by Mercedes Factory Certified Technicians. 18 5-Spoke Wheels, Blind Spot Assist, COMAND Navigation & Voice Control, Heated Front Seats, KEYLESS GO??, Multimedia Package, Navigation Map Updates Included For 3 Years, Navigation System, Panorama Sunroof, Premium 1 Package, Rear Trunk Lid Spoiler, Rear-View Camera, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, SiriusXM Traffic and Weather Services, Surround Light Mirror Mounted Entry Lamps.
    Put it on Craigslist for $14k and sell for any offer over $13k. Plenty of buyers for a low mile car like that. Put “only driven to pickle ball by elderly owner on Sunday” in the ad and they’ll be breaking down your door.
    Meet at the police station.
    .....and hope the guys check clears at the bank....or does he bring cash?
    Cash would be nice but for a $12-$14k transaction I would want to transfer the actual funds at the buyer’s bank. Again, a secure location, guarantee that funds are available and verification that the buyer is who he says he is. You watch him draw on his funds so you know the teller check is good, sign the title over and take an Uber home. Even better if you bring a friend to give you a ride and backup.

A shady character won’t want to do it that way so there’s your red flag.
    Should I ask my really strong friend who can break bones with his bare hands to come along? :D

Talked to sales guy. Sounds so slick.......I know you would love to get into the beautiful Designo Red Metalic 2016 Mercedes etc etc....and, btw....my manager really wants to sell some cars this month....yada yada....
    Have an appointment for tomorrow afternoon....really tight schedule and very heavy traffic in that area.
    Work them hard as they are probably trying to make year end quota for bonuses.
    dino001 said:

I think there is not reason to treat a lowball as an "insult". It's probably not very productive to use emotional expressions, like "they better get their act together or else". After all, it's not Mr. Edmunds who cuts the check, it's the dealership, so if they determine that they like their car to collect dust for a bit longer and you like driving your current car a little longer then agreeing to the price you like (by that I mean cash plus barter), it's OK. Going after them emotionally might work, or may do the exact opposite, it depends a bit on the personalities.

Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything, there is no law saying dealers have to take our cars at prices we like (Mr. Edmunds, Ms. Kelley) and there is no law saying we have to buy what they sell. At the end it will be about who wants it more - you, them , or perhaps neither.

Respectfully disagree. If I drive for an hour and a quarter in heavy traffic, and give them 3 or 4 hours of my time, I don't want to be given a lowball offer. They can do it once, to test the waters, but after that I walk.
    We were ready to buy trade a 2008 BMW 335 for a 2013 BMW 335 they gave me a story about how my car was worth $2000 less than the KBB value, because they had plenty in stock. I told them that didn't sound reasonable....so we tested an A4, liked it better, saved $11000. When we got home we got a message he could do better.
    No, my time is too valuable....I am pretty sure my offer would be realistic but a bit of a stretch. There would be $14000 difference under ideal conditions for them, I would ask them to add $1000 to the value of my car, and shave $1000 off the price of the new one. Not as much money as they would like, but a win/win.

Like the guy said when we bought the Audi, we are dealing with knowledgeable business people....I'm not going to fool around.

houdini2 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

WOW, 2016 C300, 15000 miles, red with beige interior, $25,700, blind spot, GPS, back-up camera.

So tempting!

Does it have backup camera?

I was thinking you'd find a drop dead gorgeous trade rather than a new vehicle. You can spend a little money for it and help the US economy there in FL. Your car looks good and surely has a market keeping its trade value good. Go for it. Have them put a big white Christmas bow on top--tell them they can make a Christmas commercial out of you and your wife picking it up! (for a fee?)
    Yes, it has everything I would want. I think it makes sense in some ways. The hardest part is giving up the 2014 for less than $12000.....I think if I could get $14 or $15k for it......but, I don't think that is possible. Guess I have to sleep on it, if the stock market goes up 1000 points on Monday I may go for it, but then...............

UNLIMITED Miles Warranty!! Passed 155 Point inspection by Mercedes Factory Certified Technicians. 18 5-Spoke Wheels, Blind Spot Assist, COMAND Navigation & Voice Control, Heated Front Seats, KEYLESS GO??, Multimedia Package, Navigation Map Updates Included For 3 Years, Navigation System, Panorama Sunroof, Premium 1 Package, Rear Trunk Lid Spoiler, Rear-View Camera, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, SiriusXM Traffic and Weather Services, Surround Light Mirror Mounted Entry Lamps.
    Put it on Craigslist for $14k and sell for any offer over $13k. Plenty of buyers for a low mile car like that. Put “only driven to pickle ball by elderly owner on Sunday” in the ad and they’ll be breaking down your door.
    Meet at the police station.
    .....and hope the guys check clears at the bank....or does he bring cash?
    Cash would be nice but for a $12-$14k transaction I would want to transfer the actual funds at the buyer’s bank. Again, a secure location, guarantee that funds are available and verification that the buyer is who he says he is. You watch him draw on his funds so you know the teller check is good, sign the title over and take an Uber home. Even better if you bring a friend to give you a ride and backup.

A shady character won’t want to do it that way so there’s your red flag.
    Should I ask my really strong friend who can break bones with his bare hands to come along? :D

Talked to sales guy. Sounds so slick.......I know you would love to get into the beautiful Designo Red Metalic 2016 Mercedes etc etc....and, btw....my manager really wants to sell some cars this month....yada yada....
    Have an appointment for tomorrow afternoon....really tight schedule and very heavy traffic in that area.
    Work them hard as they are probably trying to make year end quota for bonuses.
    I'd be tempted at $12000 all in (new $25700, trade in value $11400) but, the fact is if I was buying my car on their lot I would be paying $16000 or $17000. It is worth more than $11400 to me.

The salesman at the dealer where we bought this MB was exceptional, a nice young guy absolutely no pressure, and naturally friendly. He got promoted shortly after. This guy belongs in a Hyundai dealership.......We'll get your new car all ready for you to give it a test run. We are really ready to deal this month.............

• houdini2houdini2 Member Posts: 409
    driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe

jmonroe

jmonroe

jmonroe
    But that sounds like just what you need to sit at your Florida house and depreciate.
    I was sent this email...it is really cute....20 second video:

Husband: How was your drive back home?”

Wife: “It was scary, I almost missed the exit.

https://youtu.be/r86kxxU-LUY

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,090
    stickguy said:

Sound advice. You know the car you've got and you like it. You could be trading it for a pig in a poke.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6