Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,872
    houdini1 said:

Just heard from Richard Monroe today. (British Sterling) He used to post here a few years ago and wanted me to tell you that remember him "hello". He is doing well and he and his wife are still healthy.

Weirdly enough I was just thinking about Richard a few days ago. I remember he moved and got caught up in a local museum, or something, pretty heavily.

Nice guy.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,085
    jipster said:

Would it being a "corporate" car scare anybody off? Was owned for only 10 month's before it was sold.

Wouldn’t bother me if the price is right.

The bigger question is, what color is it? Because according to @jmonroe , if it is a black Altima, it will make you irresistible to women of a certain age. 😄

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    ab348 said:

jipster said:

Would it being a "corporate" car scare anybody off? Was owned for only 10 month's before it was sold.

The bigger question is, what color is it? Because according to @jmonroe , if it is a black Altima, it will make you irresistible to women of a certain age. 😄
    Well, it's a white colored vehicle. So, I guess it would have the opposite effect and make one despised by women of a certain age? LOL
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    edited April 2020
    jipster said:

The CVT in the Nissan would eliminate it from contention for me.
    Double meh...

Can't say the Optima was fun to drive. Beem awhile sunce i drove a CVT.Go
    driver100 said:

Jip, I think you will sleep better at night with the Altima. It is in mint condition, has lots of features, it is a big solid car, low mileage, looks nice inside and out.....seems to be a fair price though I doubt if their $25000 msrp is for real. I think they should knock off $1000 because you wouldn't be there except for your nephew...it is like a bonus sale for them.

Depends on what “corporate” means. Some car dealers did long term rentals from us to use as loaners. So no different than a rental car.

I really liked the Altimas I drove. Even the 4cyl. Had enough power. It seemed comfortable even on longer trips. Handled as well as anything in it’s class. If you believe the reports the quality isn’t that good.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    edited April 2020
    I guess I'm older and it shows 'cause one of my favorite daily programs is Wheel of Fortune. They're been having reruns because of no audience rules currently

Anyhow, the fellow won $74000 during the game. Then went on to win an X2. Grand total was $119000.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,555
    Our Altima had no unexpected running costs in the 5 years we owned it. That said it's as vanilla a drive as you could ever want. My wife will never admit it but I think she was secretly happy to see it go after she started using the Acura more.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    jipster said:

ab348 said:

jipster said:

Well, it's a white colored vehicle. So, I guess it would have the opposite effect and make one despised by women of a certain age? LOL
    Leave it to you to find a way to screw something up. :'(

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

houdini1 said:

Just heard from Richard Monroe today. (British Sterling) He used to post here a few years ago and wanted me to tell you that remember him "hello". He is doing well and he and his wife are still healthy.

Since you're the messenger you tell Richard for me that I'm not going to say hello until he gets his buns in here. We still have some unfinished business that has to be settled. See what he has to say about that. :@

FWIW, I remember when British Sterling was an aftershave back when I was dating, even when I met Mrs. j. Drove the poor hopeless women wild. B)

jmonroe

O.k Jmonroe, so what's the running joke of why you think a black Altima will make you irresistible to women of a certain age? I already am (irresistible).... so color no big deal to me. LOL.

I remember British Sterling. But, what happened to isellhyundais? Me and him use to be pen pals. LOL.

2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,349
    I thought the name was British Rover.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

jipster said:

Oldfarmer, that pre-owned Altima is being sold thru BMW of Louisville. So, I guess It's would have to go thru a third party to get the CVT covered longer. I know an earlier generation of the Altima had really bad.problems with that CVT. You'd think Nissan would have ironed out the wrinkles by now.

You’d think but it was an ‘18 or ‘19 Altima with 33k miles that left me stranded last summer after the tranny blew up. You can’t go on an example of one but just research reliability first.

Speaking of rentals, remember someone posted about 3500 rental cars burning up in Fort Myers? My buddy at Hertz just told me they were his.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

pensfan83 said:

Our Altima had no unexpected running costs in the 5 years we owned it. That said it's as vanilla a drive as you could ever want. My wife will never admit it but I think she was secretly happy to see it go after she started using the Acura more.

My BIL loves Altimas. He’s owned two, a 2004 and a 2015.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,140
    I'd be using that cash to clear the taxes on that car, and sell it asap.

My grandma loves Wheel of Fortune. She's 93 B) She's also pretty sharp, and watches Jeopardy immediately after.

I guess I'm older and it shows 'cause one of my favorite daily programs is Wheel of Fortune. They're been having reruns because of no audience rules currently

Anyhow, the fellow won $74000 during the game. Then went on to win an X2. Grand total was $119000.

jipster said:

Oldfarmer, that pre-owned Altima is being sold thru BMW of Louisville. So, I guess It's would have to go thru a third party to get the CVT covered longer. I know an earlier generation of the Altima had really bad.problems with that CVT. You'd think Nissan would have ironed out the wrinkles by now.

You’d think but it was an ‘18 or ‘19 Altima with 33k miles that left me stranded last summer after the tranny blew up. You can’t go on an example of one but just research reliability first.

Speaking of rentals, remember someone posted about 3500 rental cars burning up in Fort Myers? My buddy at Hertz just told me they were his.
    The 2019 is a total redesign. Hopdfully, Nissan got it right this time.

I was speaking to my daughter a little while ago. She still drives the 2007 Kia Optima I bought for her in 2012. I'd have to say her 4 cylinder car is more solid, better handling, more comfortable, better quality interior, quicker off the line, stronger on the highway... than the 2020 4 cylinder nOptima I test drove today. But, with all the new tech and safety features, Kia has to get that money at the expense of something.

I'll probably test drive a Ford Fusion tomorrow. I really like it's twin, Mercury Milan, that my son drives. Ride, comfort and quality seems.to be high. Scotty doesn't like that 1.5/liter Ecoboost turbo engine though. Thinks it's small and overworked for what it has to haul...and doesn't have that long term Toyota like reliability.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    @jipster,
    My 2017 Fusion had the 1.5 EB. You won't win many stoplight grand prix's, but it was fine once moving.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

stickguy said:

The problem with a lockdown to combat a pandemic is not being able to quantify the impact.you see the end result of people getting it, but can’t tell how much worse it would have been without the restrictions, since those cases were prevented!

Countries that do lockdowns do much better. Countries where people comply do the best.
    I dont know about that, Sweden isn't in a lockdown and their numbers are very low.

Also it is hard to compare country to country as customs, behaviors and demographics can change drastically between them, such factors can have a significant impact on covid 19 statistics.
    Not true...Sweden is not doing well!
    Sweden took the unusual step of not implementing a lockdown to halt the spread of the coronavirus.
    The country urged people to practice social distancing but left places like shops and restaurants open, breaking the model followed by countries across Europe and the world.
    Sweden has 477 deaths from the virus so far, but Prime Minister Stefan Löfven is now saying thousands will die from COVID-19 and that the country's parliament may bring in more restrictive measures.
    Some experts have questioned the country's strategy, but Löfven appeared to reject criticism of it. Sweden's chief epidemiologist said the best strategy was simply asking people to stay apart
    https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-sweden-no-lockdown-test-thousands-deaths-expected-2020-4

Countries that do well, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Places that monitor and have strict rules.
    Sweden is doing a lot better than most other European countries.

And you cannot compare them to South Korea, Sinapore and Taiwan as the customs and culture differ greatly. It does make a difference.
    Yeh but, most European countries are not doing well at all...some of the highest rates in the world. Sweden is rethinking its stance on "No distancing"....no rules don't work. The main customs and culture that are different in S Korea etc are that people obey and do as they are told to do. The virus spreads because people are in close proximity to a carrier, either breath in droplets or touch something contaminated. If you are isolated, you probably won't get it.
    On the contrary the reason is that in the countries in the far east having lower rates is that in their culture they generally dont touch one another, no public displays of affection and the such. People dont shake hands or hug but keep a distance. Plus even before the pandemic people often wore masks. Now let us look at one of the more affected nations Italy. Their culture there is a lot of physical physical contact socially. People greet each other with hugs and even kissing. Now tell me which country do you think the virus would ran rampant through,

So yes culture, and not doing what you are told, has a big influence in this, along with some other factors.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976
    jipster said:

Double meh...

driver100 said:

Jip, I think you will sleep better at night with the Altima. It is in mint condition, has lots of features, it is a big solid car, low mileage, looks nice inside and out.....seems to be a fair price though I doubt if their $25000 msrp is for real. I think they should knock off $1000 because you wouldn't be there except for your nephew...it is like a bonus sale for them.

Our Florida car, the C250 was an executive driven car, turned in after 3 years. It had 12000 miles on it. It was like new, and was well taken care of and was handed in. The previous owner of the Altima may have come into more money and wanted a BMW, or his circumstances may have changed.
    Being a former exec car would not be a factor to me...probably a good thing.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

jmonroe said:

ab348 said:

You guys are forcing me to do one of my periodic "Sirius/XM is a scummy company with terrible business practices and nobody should ever give them a dime" posts. :@

You just have to overcome that crotchety old geezer attitude before it's too late. :(

jmonroe
    Well we can always send three ghosts over to see him one night.

jip, I hope you realize that if you go with the Nissan you will have to change your screen name to: “iluvmyaltima.”

Only problem for Jip might be if we let Altima owners in. I don't think we have had one before.
    I think the Altima kind of falls through the cracks, there are probably better cars in that class. But, if you don't mind the way it drives and handles...then you can't go too far wrong for a 2019 at that price with that mileage.

ab348 said:

jipster said:

It wasn't just the color and the car though...it was a combination of things, not sure if Jip looks like Dean Martin. :p

Richard changed his name to Britishsterling I believe. British Rover was a nice guy who sold Rovers IIRC.
    Nice to hear from Richard...hope he comes back.

dino001 said:

Again...thanks everyone for answering my XM questions.

I must be unlucky. Called their number. Was told I'd have to pay $15 to reactivate my XM from the trial period and $22/mo. Kindly asked the XM lady if there were any promotions I could get. She said those prices were the promotional rates. I thanked her, waited for another response, didn't get one, and finally hung up.

Will continue to just download podcasts on my iPhone and play them, along with my iTunes music.

I was getting some $5/mo offers (for six months, or something like that), never read any of them too closely. I don't think SiriusXM is worth for me even a dollar per month. Listened to them maybe two or three times over my trial period. I'm pretty much set with my podcasts.
    I'm sort of with you on this. I like the selection on my phone better than what I get on satellite radio and MeTV has a really good and vast playlist if I want radio. but my wife likes a lot of the SiriusXM's stations so I have it for her.

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

stickguy said:

The problem with a lockdown to combat a pandemic is not being able to quantify the impact.you see the end result of people getting it, but can’t tell how much worse it would have been without the restrictions, since those cases were prevented!

Countries that do lockdowns do much better. Countries where people comply do the best.
    I dont know about that, Sweden isn't in a lockdown and their numbers are very low.

Also it is hard to compare country to country as customs, behaviors and demographics can change drastically between them, such factors can have a significant impact on covid 19 statistics.
    Sweden took the unusual step of not implementing a lockdown to halt the spread of the coronavirus.
    The country urged people to practice social distancing but left places like shops and restaurants open, breaking the model followed by countries across Europe and the world.
    Sweden has 477 deaths from the virus so far, but Prime Minister Stefan Löfven is now saying thousands will die from COVID-19 and that the country's parliament may bring in more restrictive measures.
    Some experts have questioned the country's strategy, but Löfven appeared to reject criticism of it. Sweden's chief epidemiologist said the best strategy was simply asking people to stay apart
    https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-sweden-no-lockdown-test-thousands-deaths-expected-2020-4

Countries that do well, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Places that monitor and have strict rules.

And you cannot compare them to South Korea, Sinapore and Taiwan as the customs and culture differ greatly. It does make a difference.
    Yeh but, most European countries are not doing well at all...some of the highest rates in the world. Sweden is rethinking its stance on "No distancing"....no rules don't work. The main customs and culture that are different in S Korea etc are that people obey and do as they are told to do. The virus spreads because people are in close proximity to a carrier, either breath in droplets or touch something contaminated. If you are isolated, you probably won't get it.
    On the contrary the reason is that in the countries in the far east having lower rates is that in their culture they generally dont touch one another, no public displays of affection and the such. People dont shake hands or hug but keep a distance. Plus even before the pandemic people often wore masks. Now let us look at one of the more affected nations Italy. Their culture there is a lot of physical physical contact socially. People greet each other with hugs and even kissing. Now tell me which country do you think the virus would ran rampant through,

So yes culture, and not doing what you are told, has a big influence in this, along with some other factors.

Thanks for making my point, in Italy people gather together, touch each other, live in close quarters - THEY ARE IN CLOSE CONTACT. In the other countries they know they shouldn't get close, they wear masks, and a big one....they test. It is partly cultural, but, no matter what, the best thing we can actually do is stay 6 feet apart....and don't touch anything contaminated, and if there is a chance you do...then wash your hands before you touch your face....which we apparently do 20 times an hour.

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    driver100 said:

I found the CVT in the Altima very loud and annoying. Odd because I had a 2013 Accord with a CVT and it was very quiet.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    Re the lower POSSIBLE Coronavirus deaths — already nearly 15,000 people have died here in just 2 months and nearly half a million have been infected. I HOPE the numbers are trending down and that by following stringent rules we can best this thing.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere

Been a REEEEEEEEEALLLLLLLLY LLLLONNNNg time since I did COBOL coding, going to have a lot of free time on my hand shortly. Maybe double dip and apply (and promptly get fired because of all I’ve forgotten).

XM....thanks again for the info. Not sure what was going on with my sales lady. Went on line, as recommended. Found the good deals you all recommended. Still sort of irked at XM for jacking me around on the phone.

As the GF said....”you’re weird weird regarding what you will and what you won’t spend money on”. I’ll own that. Little does she know.
    How long is a real long time. For me it's been almost 25 years and someone whose spent 15 minutes looking through COBOL for dummies likely knows more than I remember.

driver100 said:

jipster said:

Double meh...

driver100 said:

Our Florida car, the C250 was an executive driven car, turned in after 3 years. It had 12000 miles on it. It was like new, and was well taken care of and was handed in. The previous owner of the Altima may have come into more money and wanted a BMW, or his circumstances may have changed.
    You conveniently forgot to tell @Jip that you over paid for that C250 by at least 200 bucks, remember? A lot of us regulars haven't forgotten about that piece of shrewd negotiating.

jmonroe

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

stickguy said:

Thanks for making my point, in Italy people gather together, touch each other, live in close quarters - THEY ARE IN CLOSE CONTACT. In the other countries they know they shouldn't get close, they wear masks, and a big one....they test. It is partly cultural, but, no matter what, the best thing we can actually do is stay 6 feet apart....and don't touch anything contaminated, and if there is a chance you do...then wash your hands before you touch your face....which we apparently do 20 times an hour.
    I didn't make your point, the people living in the "other" countries dont get close not because they were recently told do but because it's been their custom for hundreds if not thousands of years. It's not a recent thing for them.

That’s not necessarily the case. British and Dutch folks aren’t the huggiest people in the world by nature and they are having a pretty terrible time of it now.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,517
    that is where quickly implementing isolation plans, and extensive testing combined with tracking, came into play.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

jipster said:

jipster said:

The 2019 is a total redesign. Hopdfully, Nissan got it right this time.

I was speaking to my daughter a little while ago. She still drives the 2007 Kia Optima I bought for her in 2012. I'd have to say her 4 cylinder car is more solid, better handling, more comfortable, better quality interior, quicker off the line, stronger on the highway... than the 2020 4 cylinder nOptima I test drove today. But, with all the new tech and safety features, Kia has to get that money at the expense of something.

I'll probably test drive a Ford Fusion tomorrow. I really like it's twin, Mercury Milan, that my son drives. Ride, comfort and quality seems.to be high. Scotty doesn't like that 1.5/liter Ecoboost turbo engine though. Thinks it's small and overworked for what it has to haul...and doesn't have that long term Toyota like reliability.
    Try the Titanium trim with the 2.0L if you want luxury or the Sport with the 2.7L ecoboost to get some kick. I’m currently daydreaming on 7-10 year old Fusions as a possible replacement for my son’s Ubermobile. If I had a choice I’d take the older, less complicated NA 2.5L over the 1.5L turbo. Less complicated which I assume means less problematic. For the kid’s purposes it doesn’t have to be the fastest version, just one that moves reliably. You, on the other hand may require some class.

suydam said:

That’s not necessarily the case. British and Dutch folks aren’t the huggiest people in the world by nature and they are having a pretty terrible time of it now.

OK, let's look at the UK vs Italy, the UK has 10% more people than Italy has but it has less than half the confirmed cases and less than half of the deaths than Italy has. So it does support my position.

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    Lots of northern Italians and their counterparts in China traveled back and forth on a regular basis between the two countries. China didn't own up to the fact that person-to-person transmission was possible until a month or two after it was pretty obvious, and here we (well, they, actually) are. Jet travel all over the world with much of it in and out of China makes something like this a much bigger deal than it would have been 50 or 75 years ago.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester

suydam said:

OK, let's look at the UK vs Italy, the UK has 10% more people than Italy has but it has less than half the confirmed cases and less than half of the deaths than Italy has. So it does support my position.
    The U.K. is just getting started with their problems, and their early delay, just like ours, does not bode well. Italy sadly is ahead of them by at least a month.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • ventureventure Member Posts: 2,872
    driver100 said:

Richard changed his name to Britishsterling I believe. British Rover was a nice guy who sold Rovers IIRC.
    Nice to hear from Richard...hope he comes back.
    I remember Richard having trouble logging in and got a new account and used the name Sterling...not sure about the British part. It was "something" Sterling though I think.

Sterling, if I remember correctly, was the name of his dog.

And, yes, British Rover sold Land Rovers.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327

driver100 said:

These are truisms by Stephen Wright - I like #5
    1 - I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.*
    2 - Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back.
    3 - Half the people you know are below average.
    4 - 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
    5 - 82.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I’m fairly displeased with the national news coverage of this event. I was just watching a big three news report and they totally glossed over that the predicted deaths from this virus has dropped from several million to under 60,000 and that figure may go lower. They phrased that dramatic improvement as “death rate may be less than expected”. Hopefully all our sacrifices have had something to do with the improvement.
    60,000 is about the same as a normal flu season, so I think a lot of us are confused.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

edited April 2020
    jipster said:

I have an online subscription to Consumer Reports and the 2019 Altima is one of their recommended autos. An all new car for the 2019 model year. They said the CVT was one of the best they had tested and it got their highest rating on reliability. They said it was not the top performer in any area but performed well in all areas. I would definitely take it for an extended test drive and see if it passes the "seat of the pants" test. $19,000. looks like a good price. A good family car but not one you would take to the "track".

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

houdini1 said:

driver100 said:

I’m fairly displeased with the national news coverage of this event. I was just watching a big three news report and they totally glossed over that the predicted deaths from this virus has dropped from several million to under 60,000 and that figure may go lower. They phrased that dramatic improvement as “death rate may be less than expected”. Hopefully all our sacrifices have had something to do with the improvement.
    60,000 is about the same as a normal flu season, so I think a lot of us are confused.
    Yes we are.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,517
    Richard was Sterlingdog. Glad he is doing OK after the horrible experience he had.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Fusion update: I learned that the 325hp Fusion Sport was discontinued for 2020.you could always get a 2019 leftover.

houdini1 said:

driver100 said:

I think that figure is a bit high, by as much as 100% . I think it's about 35k give or take.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,935
    edited April 2020

Fusion update: I learned that the 325hp Fusion Sport was discontinued for 2020.you could always get a 2019 leftover.

Even better is get a used one for dirt cheap. There is a 2018 CPO near me for $19,995.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,085
    jipster said:

I think this is the vehicle:

https://www.louisvillebmw.com/used-Jefferson+County-2019-Nissan-Altima-25+SL-1N4BL4EV6KC235974

I like what I see in the pics. Very nice interior that isn't black, always a plus. Sharp wheels. Lots of features. If it drives well, it would be hard to pass up and the bonus is you keep an extra $12K-$15K in your pocket over the Acura.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

edited April 2020
    Hoarding toilet paper.
    Hoarding disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizers.
    Hoarding vitamin C
    Hoarding face masks, even from before the gov't health gurus here finally admitted they help!

Now it's hoarding Zinc pills.

This after finally acknowledging that hydroxychloroquin and related quinine drugs help along with azithromycin and zinc as aids to serious sick flu virus patients, and even as prophylactic measures. The clue for hydroxychloroquin was that countries where malaria is common seemed not to have spread of the Virus.

edited April 2020

houdini1 said:

driver100 said:

I think that figure is a bit high, by as much as 100% . I think it's about 35k give or take.
    60,000 may be high normal, but not unheard of. According to the CDC over 80,000 died of the flu and complications in the U.S. in the 2017-2018 flu season.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,907
    vbhumk,,.//..,,l,

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

I have seen everything now. Went to Kroger early senior session. As I was leaving through the entrance, a lady and man were walking in pushing a grocery cart with a sheet laid over the whole thing. She was pushing it using the sheet around the handle. It was like they were going to load the cart, pull the sheet around every and lift by the corners as they flee the store. Much like thieves will grab pillow cases or sheets and fill them to carry out of the house they are robbing.

edited April 2020
    stickguy said:

Richard was Sterlingdog. Glad he is doing OK after the horrible experience he had.

In his email he called himself "Sterlingsilver". I recall Sterling was his dog...but since we can't remember, maybe he can't either !!

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

I recall Richard had some trouble with his username and logging in. He ended up with a new username because their dog was "Sterling." I believe I'm remembering that right: it was a long time ago in terms of Edmunds changes...

I sent him a link that he may be able to use to jump into the discussion for reading. I explained Edmunds had changed the forum's location and it might ask him to sign in to the edmunds.com system as a registrant. But he should be able to read as a guest.

I would expect he might not remember his password from long ago. So there could be several steps to reregistering.

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

jipster said:

Double meh...

driver100 said:

You conveniently forgot to tell @Jip that you over paid for that C250 by at least 200 bucks, remember? A lot of us regulars haven't forgotten about that piece of shrewd negotiating.

jmonroe
    Like I often say, after a few years that extra difference is meaningless. If I did pay $200 too much, and I am not saying I did, that amounts to $50 a year over 4 years that we will have had the car, one repair for $350 in that time.......about $90 a year. Another less expensive car may have actually cost me more in the long run.
    No, I wanted this car, it is red with beige interior, very hard to find on an MB.....I wouldn't lose one second of sleep over that $200.