Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964

The media likes the idea of warning about a second wave, but that's the natural pattern for the spread. Interrupt the spread and it will increase and subside with more contacts, along with the change in temps and humidity. I recall early on I mentioned somewhere that warmer weather would slow the virus and was criticized for that now fact.

Lots of unknowns about this one....so we are muddling our way through. I doubt if warm weather is a factor....hit Miami pretty bad. Seems it can transfer from one person to another easily and quickly, not dependent on temperature.

Social distancing was the way to go to keep hospitals from getting overloaded. It would be nice to know who is a carrier and who isn't. Slowly, we should be able to resume activities, over 55 year olds and those who are compromised should isolate.

No one can give an exact right course of action....even so called experts don't know. Yes, the predictions were much higher than actual, but, they were worse case scenarios and would have been accurate if we didn't take steps...almost everyone in a nursing home would have it by now without isolating and distancing, and a large percentage would unfortunately die.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    My son and I went to a Rootbeer stand this past Friday (therootbeerstand.com). They have picnic tables in the back where you can take your carry out and socially distance while eating/drinking.

He commented on my hair as he’d never seen it as long as it is now. We got back home and I showed him my old college ID (not sure why I’ve kept it all these years). I told him I may let it go and have a pony tail once again, only this time, it’ll be a little grayer.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    driver100 said:

jipster said:

Didn't take long for me to need to take the Accord in for service. The front seat dome light won't come on when I open the door. Yes... I set to "door". Maybe it's a sign? A 3 hour wait so I took the shuttle home. You guys tip a shuttle driver? I usually do. By chance the driver lives in the next subdivision over. Takes a short cut thru my subdivision on his way to work. Don't know why he took the longer.route to my house. He went strickly by his gps.

Doubt if it is an omen. Just one of those things. But, you would think they could fix it faster than 3 hours. At least they will fix it.
    I have never tipped the shuttle driver. I talk to them...I figure my sparkling conversation is worth something (just joking...I am not a real narcissist). Actually, they seem happy to do their job, most are retired guys. I just figure they are doing their job, not the same as delivering groceries during a pandemic, not the same as a minimum wage delivering pizza or food job....I mean the line for tipping has to end somewhere.
    The service bay was 5 cars deep when I arrived at 8:40. This is a big dealership. One lady was sitting out front in a lawn chair. I told her that was a good idea. She said it was a nice day and she didn't want to go to the customer lounge with all the people...i.e unclean masses. But, no, keep those narcissistic jokes coming, the ole jipster likes them. ;-)
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,254

My son and I went to a Rootbeer stand this past Friday (therootbeerstand.com). They have picnic tables in the back where you can take your carry out and socially distance while eating/drinking.

He commented on my hair as he’d never seen it as long as it is now. We got back home and I showed him my old college ID (not sure why I’ve kept it all these years). I told him I may let it go and have a pony tail once again, only this time, it’ll be a little grayer.

There is no doubt that those of us who have lots of hair on our heads strongly feel that a barbershop 💈 is an essential business - especially as we move into 8-12 weeks since our last haircut 💇‍♂️! Doesn't any governor realize the importance of haircuts?

2021 Genesis G90

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    I would post a picture of my hair, but then everyone would forget about driver and the gray striped shirt. ;)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Getting a haircut isn’t worth dying for, nor putting a barber at risk. When thinking about essential businesses it’s important to think about the risks incurred by those essential workers.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373

I would post a picture of my hair, but then everyone would forget about driver and the gray striped shirt. ;)

He's NEVER going to live that striped shirt down, but I appreciate your candor. MY Jewfro is growing out too.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,537
    With social distancing the idea was to spread infections over a longer period of time while medical infrastructure is ramped up, it was never meant to stop the viral spread. We were never going to social distance the virus into oblivion, only a vaccine or antibody testing that confirms the building of herd immunity will probably give people the most reassurances. Increases in infections as things open up, even in limited numbers or capacity, are inevitable so having the capacity to test and triage is critical to everyone's lives returning to some resemblance of what once was.

Retailers and restaurants will reopen their doors and we are all going to have to face a choice of how we want to proceed in our daily lives with bank accounts, health, and conscience guiding the way. Those who are elderly or otherwise immunocompromised may want to shelter for a bit longer, others may dip their toes in the water.

I'm not advocating for keeping things closed or throwing opening the doors, though I think it's still too early in some places for the latter, only offering my humble opinion on what I think comes next. I also hope that those who elect to cautiously re-engage in society aren't denigrated for doing so by those who have limited to no understanding of an individual or family's situation.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP

Go for it explorer ;)

jipster said:

driver100 said:

jipster said:

Didn't take long for me to need to take the Accord in for service. The front seat dome light won't come on when I open the door. Yes... I set to "door". Maybe it's a sign? A 3 hour wait so I took the shuttle home. You guys tip a shuttle driver? I usually do. By chance the driver lives in the next subdivision over. Takes a short cut thru my subdivision on his way to work. Don't know why he took the longer.route to my house. He went strickly by his gps.

Doubt if it is an omen. Just one of those things. But, you would think they could fix it faster than 3 hours. At least they will fix it.
    I have never tipped the shuttle driver. I talk to them...I figure my sparkling conversation is worth something (just joking...I am not a real narcissist). Actually, they seem happy to do their job, most are retired guys. I just figure they are doing their job, not the same as delivering groceries during a pandemic, not the same as a minimum wage delivering pizza or food job....I mean the line for tipping has to end somewhere.
    The service bay was 5 cars deep when I arrived at 8:40. This is a big dealership. One lady was sitting out front in a lawn chair. I told her that was a good idea. She said it was a nice day and she didn't want to go to the customer lounge with all the people...i.e unclean masses. But, no, keep those narcissistic jokes coming, the ole jipster likes them. ;-)
    My MB dealership is one of the largest in North America. Normally 150 employees, now only 15. Maybe MBs actually do need less servicing and repairs.
    Most garages are pretty quiet these days.
    I took my car in because it was due for the yearly service....I didn't want to go past the date and give them a reason to void my warranty.
    Jip....glad you appreciate my stupid humor :)

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,433
    Sandy, you seem anxious to take a drive, so head north until you hit Georgia. Take mike along. Get your hair cuts and head on back!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Stick, funny you said that. The wife said the same exact thing last night after we brought home some burgers. I had to laugh at first but maybe not such a bad idea!!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

edited April 2020
    stickguy said:

Sandy, you seem anxious to take a drive, so head north until you hit Georgia. Take mike along. Get your hair cuts and head on back!

or DIY like Anderson Cooper;

Which makes me wonder......what would be on CNN all day if it wasn't for coronavirus?

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,433
    It is a presidential election year, so it would mostly be that.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327

houdini1 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

We go for a drive about 3 times a week, just to get out but still be able to self isolate. A friend said you shouldn't be doing that. btw, the fine for being too close to someone, strolling in a park or on a golf course, being on a public trail, playing basketball, etc is $830. I checked and technically there is no rule against driving around, but, they are hoping you only drive to pick up groceries, or to a drug store...just essentials. For one thing, if you are in an accident, there will be emergency workers exposed, hospital facilities being used, cops coming to do paperwork etc. Can't even take the car out to charge the battery and blow some carbon out of it!

I saw a Canadian news story where they fined an old guy $880 for taking his dog out to the parking lot alone behind his apartment house so she could do her business. The story implied that some nosey neighbor was ratting everybody out.
    I saw that too....and a lady in our city took her dog to an empty golf course across the street from her house. She got the same fine. Those should be at most warnings....with an explanation for the guy with a dog in the apartment...you can't keep a dog isolated!
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

We go for a drive about 3 times a week, just to get out but still be able to self isolate. A friend said you shouldn't be doing that. btw, the fine for being too close to someone, strolling in a park or on a golf course, being on a public trail, playing basketball, etc is $830. I checked and technically there is no rule against driving around, but, they are hoping you only drive to pick up groceries, or to a drug store...just essentials. For one thing, if you are in an accident, there will be emergency workers exposed, hospital facilities being used, cops coming to do paperwork etc. Can't even take the car out to charge the battery and blow some carbon out of it!

I saw a Canadian news story where they fined an old guy $880 for taking his dog out to the parking lot alone behind his apartment house so she could do her business. The story implied that some nosey neighbor was ratting everybody out.
    I saw that too....and a lady in our city took her dog to an empty golf course across the street from her house. She got the same fine. Those should be at most warnings....with an explanation for the guy with a dog in the apartment...you can't keep a dog isolated!
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

A fine like that is beyond stupid !!
    Stupid is down here too. In Idaho they arrested a woman for taking her kids to the park and in Washington they narrowly avoided releasing the Green River Killer by a 5-4 decision.

So they arrest a woman for playing with kids but almost release a killer of 71.
    Either they have lost their minds, or I have lost mine.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    Questioning questionable claims is not seen as civil, or something. A hint for people, don't rely on getting news from FOX (or Breitbart etc) nor CNN (or HuffPo etc). They will all lead you astray. And if you post stories meant to inflame, with nothing behind it but apparent hearsay, you should expect to have it mentioned.

Still haven't found a piece of legit data showing Ridgway was actually on a list to be released.
    abacomike said:

Why the "flag" on this post? Maybe I am missing something or don't understand it. Fintail is not usually an abuser of the "politically correct" approach to posting.

I am surprised there hasn't been an uprising against it, but then again, it might be an Ontario thing. I know a number of people in BC, and nobody has complained about anything similar. I live in one of the more "progressive" parts of this nation (relative term, probably middle of the road compared to the first world in general), and we have nothing like that. Some entitled Karens moaning on Nextdoor, but no zero accountability pseudo-cops patrolling for people sitting on park benches. We aren't under a real lockdown either - you can still walk through most parks, everyone is out walking their dog in the afternoon, plenty of joggers, etc. However, if one has a a large gathering in a closed area, they should maybe expect something to happen (like the woman in ID who actually apologized for her actions). Those who preach law and order seem to turn into crying babies when they don't agree, often via political influence, with lawful orders.
    ab348 said:

Yes, bylaw officers are a special breed of hell, since there are far fewer checks and balances on their activity and often no easy way to fight their decisions.

Here is a longish but good read on the situation here with fines and ticketing:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6859320/coronavirus-police-enforcement/

I suppose if some complainers had lost people in their family tree, they'd be less prone to armchair quarterbacking. If errors were made, they were on the side of caution. I know some say they'd sacrifice themselves for the economy, but I doubt loudmouths like Dan Patrick actually have the stones to follow through with their bluster. Sacrifice for thee, not for me.

I find the latest hot zones to be interesting, the meatpacking plants and probably expanding into other agriculture. I can speculate why it happens. We'll get through this, but it isn't over yet.
    stickguy said:

Certainly there was a lot of on the fly reacting. Some places maybe went further than needed, but there was no way to know until after the fact. But, I can’t imagine how bad a place like NYC would have been without any restrictions. So if possibly overly restrictive actions kept your area relatively Unscathed, Consider yourselves lucky.

Nursing homes and meat packing plants, even if in otherwise relatively cold zones, give a pretty good indication of how quick this can spread if you do nothing. Is that OK for most people? Just let it rip and hope for the best? Might work as long as most people are fine with home based DIY health care!

IMO, in Ontario people were asked to self isolate. Most people complied, but, we had the people who don't care about the rest of society playing soccer, going on playground equipment that was off limits, walking on paths leaving no distance. I believe municipal governments came up with the idea of fines. In Toronto, the largest city in the country, they gave warnings but the fine was there so the warning would not be useless. But, other overzealous municipalities didn't tell the junior foot patrol guys to give warnings, not tickets.

But, the self isolating has made a huge difference, 2/3rds of deaths are from nursing homes. In a country of 37 million, we have had 2500 deaths. There are plans of going back to work, in stages, but, it won't be until they feel it won't bounce back out of control so that we lose ground.

Yes, the law was a stupid one....but, in general, the plan is working.

On 60 Minutes they had a segment on what Ford and GM are doing to make face masks, clothing and ventilators. I was impressed and have much more respect for these two great companies who came up with ways to make this equipment in a very short amount of time....the logistics are impressive.
    They are taking measures to protect workers when they come back. btw, Ford and GM are not making any vehicles in the U.S. at this time.
    I think at Ford the workers have watches that sound an alarm if they come within 6 feet of each other. If that happens it records who came into close contact, so if there is an outbreak they know where to look.
    There are going to be lots of new ideas come out of this experience.

Another segment on 60 Minutes talked about a Canadian Company that tracked the virus from China from late December. Their computers scan information from all over the world and they picked up info about a virus in Wuhan that could not be traced. They could track via phone records where the people went to when they left Wuhan....800000 travelers left after the outbreak. They could predict where the people went back to.......dots showed locations all over the world....larger dots showed the hot spots, a few in California and New York.

This will be a new and important industry, forecasting and tracking new diseases.

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    abacomike said:

fintail said:

Did you get that from FOX or something?

The WA Supreme court declined to listen to a lawsuit advocating the release of inmates with certain age ranges or health conditions of which Ridgway would have been technically included. There was no data showing Ridgway specifically would have actually been released, just because he met the age group putting him at risk for the pandemic (could call it rude names but I will refrain).

Idaho woman went to a park that was closed, challenged a LEO, and was taken in. She was released and offered a public apology. Having kids doesn't make one immume to lawful orders. In fact, it seems to make some stupid people even more stupid. The Ammon Bundy y'all Qaeda trash set ended up supporting her and doxxing the officer, if that means anything.

Stupid is down here too. In Idaho they arrested a woman for taking her kids to the park and in Washington they narrowly avoided releasing the Green River Killer by a 5-4 decision.

Why the "flag" on this post? Maybe I am missing something or don't understand it. Fintail is not usually an abuser of the "politically correct" approach to posting.
    Fintail’s response was addressed to me but I didn’t flag him. People are entitled to their opinion.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    driver100 said:

On 60 Minutes they had a segment on what Ford and GM are doing to make face masks, clothing and ventilators. I was impressed and have much more respect for these two great companies who came up with ways to make this equipment in a very short amount of time....the logistics are impressive.
    They are taking measures to protect workers when they come back. btw, Ford and GM are not making any vehicles in the U.S. at this time.
    I think at Ford the workers have watches that sound an alarm if they come within 6 feet of each other. If that happens it records who came into close contact, so if there is an outbreak they know where to look.

Tesla is making ventilators. I think Nissan is making masks?
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    jipster said:

Yep, looks like you got a lemon🍋. Better get rid of it. I’ll take it off your hands for a $1000.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849
    Oh come on... it's worth at least $1250 B)

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    edited April 2020

Different counties and different health departments have done different things. In Darke county, when we went to the MaidRite drive thru, the picnic tables under shelters at back of lot were being used by a few people, couples, not groups. When we went back a week later, tables were turned upside down to prevent anyone from using them. Also the restaurant, more a diner type, no longer allowed walk-in customers, either. The health department had made further changes.

https://www.maidrite-greenville.com/

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

driver100 said:

Another segment on 60 Minutes talked about a Canadian Company that tracked the virus from China from late December. Their computers scan information from all over the world and they picked up info about a virus in Wuhan that could not be traced. They could track via phone records where the people went to when they left Wuhan....800000 travelers left after the outbreak. They could predict where the people went back to.......dots showed locations all over the world....larger dots showed the hot spots, a few in California and New York.

This will be a new and important industry, forecasting and tracking new diseases.

Proof that Google and your phone are tracking you. I first saw this about the spring breakers in Florida being blamed for spreading The Virus back to home areas. The phones were tracked.

I recall a test someone ran about 2 years ago about turning off the tracking on phones, Android, and even though tracking was turned off, the phones reported the tracking to the home center when the phones were turned on. The people studying it had a set up where the phone's input and output were recorded.

So Apple also does tracking IIRC. And the info now will be used to see if you're violating barbershop rules by being in one of those locations for one, e.g.. Early on the tracking info was seen as a valued item to sell to advertisers as you near a store's location, e.g., or you're near the jewelry counter in an upscale department store and they could offer you a beautiful set of diamond earrings at a special price via your phone.

fintail said:

I am surprised there hasn't been an uprising against it, but then again, it might be an Ontario thing. I know a number of people in BC, and nobody has complained about anything similar. I live in one of the more "progressive" parts of this nation (relative term, probably middle of the road compared to the first world in general), and we have nothing like that. Some entitled Karens moaning on Nextdoor, but no zero accountability pseudo-cops patrolling for people sitting on park benches. We aren't under a real lockdown either - you can still walk through most parks, everyone is out walking their dog in the afternoon, plenty of joggers, etc. However, if one has a a large gathering in a closed area, they should maybe expect something to happen (like the woman in ID who actually apologized for her actions). Those who preach law and order seem to turn into crying babies when they don't agree, often via political influence, with lawful orders.

ab348 said:

Yes, bylaw officers are a special breed of hell, since there are far fewer checks and balances on their activity and often no easy way to fight their decisions.

Here is a longish but good read on the situation here with fines and ticketing:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6859320/coronavirus-police-enforcement/

Better be careful of using the term Karen. It’s now on the prohibited list.

https://newsone.com/playlist/karen-slur-n-word-white-women-debate/

As a funny coincidence, I’m watching an old episode of The Rifleman and a bunch of people are under quarantine with the predicable conflict between those who want to follow orders and those who do not.

Human nature doesn’t change.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,849
    RE: Phone Tracking

If you have one on you and it's connected to a cell tower or WiFi they know where you are. If you have GPS on that makes their job even easier.

Not just phones either. The majority of newer cars have GPS and telematics (like OnStar) that know where the car is at all times. If I open up the app on my Volvo it tells me exactly where it's parked.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

driver100 said:

Proof that Google and your phone are tracking you. I first saw this about the spring breakers in Florida being blamed for spreading The Virus back to home areas. The phones were tracked.

They made it clear they don't use the system to track individuals. The phone companies give the company, Blue Dot the permission to track where people go so they can detect hot spots....no individual tracking, no record of the owner of the phone.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,181
    suydam said:

driver100 said:

Tesla is making ventilators. I think Nissan is making masks?
    Tesla is actually modifying CPAP and BiPAP machines. Helpful, but not ventilators. (maybe, even better for some patients)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hey Jip, Did you come back from the dealer? What was wrong?

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,024
    edited April 2020
    Our Chief Public Health doctor up here was quite transparent in stating they are using Google location data to track people's movement. This was in response to a question at a presser about people going for pleasure drives to get out of the house, etc., instead of just doing a once-weekly grocery/supply run. Whether they can drill down to identifying info about individuals he did not say. But it felt somewhat chilling.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    edited April 2020

abacomike said:

fintail said:

Did you get that from FOX or something?

The WA Supreme court declined to listen to a lawsuit advocating the release of inmates with certain age ranges or health conditions of which Ridgway would have been technically included. There was no data showing Ridgway specifically would have actually been released, just because he met the age group putting him at risk for the pandemic (could call it rude names but I will refrain).

Idaho woman went to a park that was closed, challenged a LEO, and was taken in. She was released and offered a public apology. Having kids doesn't make one immume to lawful orders. In fact, it seems to make some stupid people even more stupid. The Ammon Bundy y'all Qaeda trash set ended up supporting her and doxxing the officer, if that means anything.

Fintail’s response was addressed to me but I didn’t flag him. People are entitled to their opinion.
    He probably got flagged for suggesting Fox News was unreliable. Not by me as I also think everyone is entitled to their opinion. Plus I sort of agree with Fin because IMO nearly all news media is unreliable and guilty of giving their opinions disguised as fact or hard news. I thought we were past the flagging business here.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,056
    abacomike said:

Well, I went ahead and did it!

2020 Mercedes Benz E450 4MATIC
    Selenite Gray with beige leather interior and brown ash wood
    Driver's Assistance Pkg (Distronic)
    Parking Assistance Pkg.
    Exterior Lighting Pkg.
    Night Pkg: High-Gloss Black Elements (front splitter & grille)
    AMG Line Exterior Pkg.
    Premium Pkg. w/12.3 digital instrument cluster
    Rear Spoiler
    LED Logo Protectors
    19" AMG 5-spoke wheels with black accents
    All Season Tires
    Heated and Ventilated front seats
    Panorama Sunroof
    Heated Steering Wheel
    Burmeister Surround Sound System

Total MSRP $74,950 Selling Price $64,000

72 month financing at 2.99% with $15,000 down

The 2018 S450 will be a lease return with no payments due because they have a 5 month pull ahead program going on now, which worked out great!

I decided to buy the car because I figured this might be my last car. The financing rate (2.9%) is actually a better interest rate than they have on their E class leases. This way, I own the car.

The car is being brought in from Gainsville and will arrive by Thursday. So I guess I will take delivery on Friday. As long as they show the car as sold, it will qualify for the incentives for April.

Congrats! Very exciting.

Looks like a great deal - you'll need to share pix when you pick it up.

figured this might be my last car - that's a sobering statement. But, understandable.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

abacomike said:

Parking Assistance Pkg.
    Exterior Lighting Pkg.
    AMG Line Exterior Pkg.
    Rear Spoiler
    LED Logo Protectors
    All Season Tires
    Panorama Sunroof
    Heated Steering Wheel

The 2018 S450 will be a lease return with no payments due because they have a 5 month pull ahead program going on now, which worked out great!

I decided to buy the car because I figured this might be my last car. The financing rate (2.9%) is actually a better interest rate than they have on their E class leases. This way, I own the car.

The car is being brought in from Gainsville and will arrive by Thursday. So I guess I will take delivery on Friday. As long as they show the car as sold, it will qualify for the incentives for April.

Congrats! Very exciting.

figured this might be my last car - that's a sobering statement. But, understandable.
    Thanks, Michaell. I appreciate all the help you gave me with incentives and lease numbers. It all helped me make the final decision.

2021 Genesis G90

• coldinohiocoldinohio Member Posts: 170
    congrats
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,684
    Congrats, Mike. Not quite as quick a decision as jipster, but hey, you tried! ;)

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

Just called my insurance company - my policy will be $200 less every 6 months, which is also a plus. Then, on June 30, I will get an additional 15% reduction in my premium when the policy renews.

What I like about this E450 is that AWD is standard on the car this year. Also, it has the same engine as my S450 has, V6 Twin Turbo engine with 362 hp - 0-60 in 5 seconds. So it will be fast enough, I would imagine. Really excited about this. When the car comes in, I want to check the odometer as well as the entire car for any damage or imperfections before I give them the check.

2021 Genesis G90

abacomike said:

Michaell said:

abacomike said:

Parking Assistance Pkg.
    Exterior Lighting Pkg.
    AMG Line Exterior Pkg.
    Rear Spoiler
    LED Logo Protectors
    All Season Tires
    Panorama Sunroof
    Heated Steering Wheel

Congrats! Very exciting.

Thanks, Michaell. I appreciate all the help you gave me with incentives and lease numbers. It all helped me make the final decision.
    Yeah, I suspected that once you saw those E-class lease numbers, you were going to buy instead of lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

abacomike said:

Just called my insurance company - my policy will be $200 less every 6 months, which is also a plus. Then, on June 30, I will get an additional 15% reduction in my premium when the policy renews.

What I like about this E450 is that AWD is standard on the car this year. Also, it has the same engine as my S450 has, V6 Twin Turbo engine with 362 hp - 0-60 in 5 seconds. So it will be fast enough, I would imagine. Really excited about this. When the car comes in, I want to check the odometer as well as the entire car for any damage or imperfections before I give them the check.

Uh, yeah. Given your track record, that's a sound idea.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited April 2020
    Michaell said:

abacomike said:

Uh, yeah. Given your track record, that's a sound idea.
    You remembered the last E400 I bought back in 2015 or 2016, when the car was delivered with several things missing that were supposed to be standard equipment. They had to build me another one. I remember that nightmare vividly!.

2021 Genesis G90

My wife cut my hair a couple days ago. She'd been asking to do it for a week. She used to cut my hair and then I started going to barbers regularly--over a decade ago. Hard for her to do with a bad back and a painful shoulder now from a rotater tear or something.

abacomike said:

Parking Assistance Pkg.
    Exterior Lighting Pkg.
    AMG Line Exterior Pkg.
    Rear Spoiler
    LED Logo Protectors
    All Season Tires
    Panorama Sunroof
    Heated Steering Wheel

Great for you Mike. Hope you get to enjoy it for years...

Or at least until the first oil change. :D

Congrats @abacomike.

I hate to say it, but I felt you'd end up with the same brand all along.
    The Hyundai G90 was a distraction.
    And it sounds like you analyzed the engine and vehicle comparisons well and made
    a good decision for a car you'll enjoy driving, and enjoy owniing.

abacomike said:

Why the odometer? Do you suspect that the lot boy will take it out on a joy ride?

edited April 2020

abacomike said:

Why the odometer? Do you suspect that the lot boy will take it out on a joy ride?
    It's supposed to have 12 miles on it - but since it is coming from another dealership in north central Florida, it could have a few hundred miles on it. If it "ain't" new, it ain't new!

2021 Genesis G90

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    abacomike said:

AWD? How much snow do you see in South Florida?
    Seriously, I also looked at cars with AWD, but I talked myself down.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

Hey Jip, Did you come back from the dealer? What was wrong?

abacomike said:

AWD? How much snow do you see in South Florida?
    Seriously, I also looked at cars with AWD, but I talked myself down.
    I find the roads in Florida can be pretty slippery. A dry spell followed by rain brings out an oil slick. I prefer AWD for daily driving....more sure footed feeling....less chance of rear end spinning out, or front end wondering. We need AWD back home up here, so I am well aware of the difference.

Mike congratulations on the new car....sounds like a winner!