Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,556
    Pretty spot on @graphicguy, it's a very well balanced and comfortable car.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • Options
    omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702

Lee jeans guy, myself. Seems the only place I can find them is Kohls...about $30/pr on sale. Although, I've always been tempted by the Old Lucky jeans I've seen at Costco. Never pulled the trigger though. Anyone have any experience with them?

As far as another vehicle? I wouldn't mind having a pickup. The times I have needed one I can count on one hand, though.

True but still nice to have a pickup for an occasional run to Home Depot for picking up an appliance, paint, garden implements. Exercise. More paint.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHxJWKCVdA0

A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,556
    Geez. Considering that was Florida, I’m mostly surprised none of them pulled out a gun.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976
    stickguy said:

Geez. Considering that was Florida, I’m mostly surprised none of them pulled out a gun.

That looked like the Home Depot near us down there. Anyone know what they were saying? looked like a fun bunch of guys.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    @graphicguy,
    You better start filling that garage bay with some stuff you want to get rid of, otherwise you are going ot keep seeing that empty garage bay and feel the need to fill it with something that has wheels. ;)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    edited May 2020

Well...this is a sad day at the GG estate. The TLX has been sold (I think). The lady who I’ve been mentioning came this a.m. for a test drive and gave me $300 to hold it while she arranges financing. She said that isn’t an issue. Never know.

But, I told her I’d leave it in the garage and not drive it until she brings me the check for the $26,700 balance.

Not hard to say that the TLX was one of the best cars I’ve ever owned. It wasn’t the best at any one thing, but was really good in just about everything. It handled well in every sort of climate and road condition. It was relatively quick. It was comfortable. It was very smooth, with typical Honda engine precision. It had all the current tech. It was cheap to operate, got good MPG. It was cheap to maintain. It is nice inside and out.

I guess I could nit pick it a little. The transmission, especially compared to the one in the Stinger, could be fussy at times. It didn’t like dropping down a gear or two unless it was prodded. The two screen infotainment that everyone doesn’t seem to like, really was good, as it allowed me to see map info on one screen and HVAC and/or entertainment on the other. I liked that. The graphics were a bit “old” looking. But, I used Apple CarPlay most of the time, anyway. The Honda Sensing erred on the side of over cautiousness sometimes. It would throw out the boat anchor on the interstate while using the cruise every once in a while.

But, nary a squeak, nor a rattle ever reared its head. It’s as tight today as the day I drove it off the dealer’s new car delivery area.

She’s getting a very good car that if pressed, will easily last another 150,000 miles. And, it’s probably the nicest used example of the current TLX platform in the city.

I know the new TLX is showing next week. And, it will hit the showrooms in November. I know Acura hasn’t talked about any drivetrain for the new TLX except for the S-Type, which will be a V6 turbo. But, I think the new one, in all but S-Type trim, will probably be Honda’s 2.0T...maybe tweaked a bit to 300HP. Probably not a bad iteration.

Not sure even the S-Type would be any better than my Stinger, though.

Anyway, the TLX will go down in GG history as one of the best ever in the stable, past or present.

You seem to have mixed emotions about selling it even though you got a great price considering the used car market right now. I forget, how did she locate you, I seem to remember she worked at the Acura dealer but what did she do, go into the system to get your personal data?

It worked out great in your case but what if she was a crazy stalker?

Anyway, congratulations on another great financial transaction. I predict that you’ll be back in an Acura sooner or later.
    Thanks. It's a good car. I've taken it on many a road trip, until recently. Never failed to please me. Not a lot of people or objects I can say that about ;).

I really wanted $28K for it. Everywhere I looked, none of the private seller estimates had that number, though. Retail numbers, I saw as high as $31K. But, what you ask and what you get are two (sometimes very) different things. Knocked $1K off my number for tires and I thought $27K was a fair number. You can certainly buy tires that won't cost $1K. But, I personally wouldn't replace them with anything other than the OEM tires.

I'll have another Acura at some point. Just can't say when.

The lady who bought it is the service writer at my dealership. All the service was done there. I would imagine if she wanted to, she could get it CPO'd by them to extend the warranty for a few hundred dollars (even though it's still under warranty for a few months/miles more). So, she knows exactly what she's getting. My care and maintenance of it have been meticulous. Put a detail on it and you'd be able to claim it looks new.

She knew I had bought the Stinger as I mentioned it to her at my last Acura oil change. They have my phone number as they text when your car is in for service to tell you when your car is ready to be picked up. So, not too hard to find me. Stalking me? She could find someone much better looking, much richer, much younger, much more charismatic to stalk. I'd be pretty far down someone's list to stalk if someone decided to look for a "stalkee".

My Acura dealer has the same service writer help you (almost like having a favorite sales person) throughout your ownership. Sort of a trust building thing according to the dealership. Can't argue their reasoning.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,563

Well...this is a sad day at the GG estate. The TLX has been sold (I think). The lady who I’ve been mentioning came this a.m. for a test drive and gave me $300 to hold it while she arranges financing. She said that isn’t an issue. Never know.

But, I told her I’d leave it in the garage and not drive it until she brings me the check for the $26,700 balance.

Not hard to say that the TLX was one of the best cars I’ve ever owned. It wasn’t the best at any one thing, but was really good in just about everything. It handled well in every sort of climate and road condition. It was relatively quick. It was comfortable. It was very smooth, with typical Honda engine precision. It had all the current tech. It was cheap to operate, got good MPG. It was cheap to maintain. It is nice inside and out.

I guess I could nit pick it a little. The transmission, especially compared to the one in the Stinger, could be fussy at times. It didn’t like dropping down a gear or two unless it was prodded. The two screen infotainment that everyone doesn’t seem to like, really was good, as it allowed me to see map info on one screen and HVAC and/or entertainment on the other. I liked that. The graphics were a bit “old” looking. But, I used Apple CarPlay most of the time, anyway. The Honda Sensing erred on the side of over cautiousness sometimes. It would throw out the boat anchor on the interstate while using the cruise every once in a while.

But, nary a squeak, nor a rattle ever reared its head. It’s as tight today as the day I drove it off the dealer’s new car delivery area.

She’s getting a very good car that if pressed, will easily last another 150,000 miles. And, it’s probably the nicest used example of the current TLX platform in the city.

I know the new TLX is showing next week. And, it will hit the showrooms in November. I know Acura hasn’t talked about any drivetrain for the new TLX except for the S-Type, which will be a V6 turbo. But, I think the new one, in all but S-Type trim, will probably be Honda’s 2.0T...maybe tweaked a bit to 300HP. Probably not a bad iteration.

Anyway, the TLX will go down in GG history as one of the best ever in the stable, past or present.

You seem to have mixed emotions about selling it even though you got a great price considering the used car market right now. I forget, how did she locate you, I seem to remember she worked at the Acura dealer but what did she do, go into the system to get your personal data?

Anyway, congratulations on another great financial transaction. I predict that you’ll be back in an Acura sooner or later.
    Thanks. It's a good car. I've taken it on many a road trip, until recently. Never failed to please me. Not a lot of people or objects I can say that about ;).

I really wanted $28K for it. Everywhere I looked, none of the private seller estimates had that number, though. Retail numbers, I saw as high as $31K. But, what you ask and what you get are two (sometimes very) different things. Knocked $1K off my number for tires and I thought $27K was a fair number. You can certainly buy tires that won't cost $1K. But, I personally wouldn't replace them with anything other than the OEM tires.

The lady who bought it is the service writer at my dealership. All the service was done there. I would imagine if she wanted to, she could get it CPO'd by them to extend the warranty for a few hundred dollars (even though it's still under warranty for a few months/miles more). So, she knows exactly what she's getting. My care and maintenance of it have been meticulous. Put a detail on it and you'd be able to claim it looks new.

She knew I had bought the Stinger as I mentioned it to her at my last Acura oil change. They have my phone number as they text when your car is in for service to tell you when your car is ready to be picked up. So, not too hard to find me. Stalking me? She could find someone much better looking, much richer, much younger, much more charismatic to stalk. I'd be pretty far down someone's list to stalk if someone decided to look for a "stalkee".

My Acura dealer has the same service writer help you (almost like having a favorite sales person) throughout your ownership. Sort of a trust building thing according to the dealership. Can't argue their reasoning.
    Given that you posted a pic of yourself a few days ago, I agree with you about the looks thingy. Anyway, good sales job. B)

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    Speaking of Sam’s Club, OK, I’m changing the subject. Just got back from there a little bit ago. First time there since this fracus started. Man, I’m gonna have to go back to work. Spent almost 450 bucks, first time that ever happened but we did get a lotta stuff. Even got the 45 mega pack of TP. We weren’t all that close to running out but just to be safe we got more. Their rib eye steaks were too thin not like usual so decided to get a pack of filets which were cut and trimmed just the way I like them. Anyway, I saw a jar of kosher dills with the Sam’s brand on them that had a lot of garlic floating around in there so I decided to take a chance. As soon as we put everything away, I decided to taste them even though they were still at room temp. Tasted pretty darn good too. As I’m chomping away on one I decided to look at the label to see what it said about who made them. Not sure what I expected to see but I didn’t expect to see made in India. Israel maybe but not India. HOLY COW, what next? :o

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    I like those Sam's Club pickles. I think the ones I got there a few weeks ago were already chilled in separate single serve (and cut into bite size pieces) wrappers. Good to put on sandwiches.

Switching it up a again, one the A/C companies (the one @kyfdx and I are familar with) phoned me and said they have an opening TOMORROW, if I'm interested. They gave me a 5% discount for paying cash, and another $150 off for the outside compressor because the housing has some scratches on it, which I don't care about.

By the time this thing finishes out the summer, it's going to have tons of scratches anyway from me weed whacking around it.

It's been raining around here, but the heat hasn't really started yet. So, given the opportunity, I told them to set up the appointment for the installer. He'll (they'll) be here at 7:00 a.m. and says it will take about 6 hours. Not a heat wave, but it will be just in time for the weather to start hitting 85º around here this weekend.

Just thinking, since January, with the Stinger purchase and the A/C purchase, you'd think I was @jmonroe1 the way I'm throwing around money.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,733
    Planning my first Costco trip in a couple of weeks, tomorrow. Gas, sundries, maybe bring home a pepperoni pizza. And dream of a brighter future where I can once again enjoy a quality meal at a plastic table in the Costco food court!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    jmonroe1 said:

Speaking of Sam’s Club, OK, I’m changing the subject. Just got back from there a little bit ago. First time there since this fracus started. Man, I’m gonna have to go back to work. Spent almost 450 bucks, first time that ever happened but we did get a lotta stuff. Even got the 45 mega pack of TP. We weren’t all that close to running out but just to be safe we got more. Their rib eye steaks were too thin not like usual so decided to get a pack of filets which were cut and trimmed just the way I like them. Anyway, I saw a jar of kosher dills with the Sam’s brand on them that had a lot of garlic floating around in there so I decided to take a chance. As soon as we put everything away, I decided to taste them even though they were still at room temp. Tasted pretty darn good too. As I’m chomping away on one I decided to look at the label to see what it said about who made them. Not sure what I expected to see but I didn’t expect to see made in India. Israel maybe but not India. HOLY COW, what next? :o

jmonroe

You'd probably be interested in knowing what country your meat came from as well. Several years ago our elected folks removed the requirement for labeling country of origin. Now folks see a USDA grading label and think it's coming from US. Likely not.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,671
    omarman said:

Lee jeans guy, myself. Seems the only place I can find them is Kohls...about $30/pr on sale. Although, I've always been tempted by the Old Lucky jeans I've seen at Costco. Never pulled the trigger though. Anyone have any experience with them?

As far as another vehicle? I wouldn't mind having a pickup. The times I have needed one I can count on one hand, though.

True but still nice to have a pickup for an occasional run to Home Depot for picking up an appliance, paint, garden implements. Exercise. More paint.

All that over paint? It’s not like it was toilet paper for heaven’s sake! Anybody speak Spanish?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729

omarman said:

All that over paint? It’s not like it was toilet paper for heaven’s sake! Anybody speak Spanish?
    Almost as bad as being trampled over a low quality cheap flat screen TV on Black Friday at stores opening at 5:00 AM.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    Was it over paint? Or was paint just the innocent bystander? Sadly, we may never know.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options

I like those Sam's Club pickles. I think the ones I got there a few weeks ago were already chilled in separate single serve (and cut into bite size pieces) wrappers. Good to put on sandwiches.

Switching it up a again, one the A/C companies (the one @kyfdx and I are familar with) phoned me and said they have an opening TOMORROW, if I'm interested. They gave me a 5% discount for paying cash, and another $150 off for the outside compressor because the housing has some scratches on it, which I don't care about.

By the time this thing finishes out the summer, it's going to have tons of scratches anyway from me weed whacking around it.

It's been raining around here, but the heat hasn't really started yet. So, given the opportunity, I told them to set up the appointment for the installer. He'll (they'll) be here at 7:00 a.m. and says it will take about 6 hours. Not a heat wave, but it will be just in time for the weather to start hitting 85º around here this weekend.

Just thinking, since January, with the Stinger purchase and the A/C purchase, you'd think I was @jmonroe1 the way I'm throwing around money.

I’m not known for throwing money around but I’m pretty damn good at catching what others throw around. :D

jmonroe
  • Options

omarman said:

Only when some one throws paint on me😫😫

jmonroe

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095

She wasn’t stalking GG, she was stalking his car.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986

Though you may have mixed emotions about selling your TLX, it maybe the right time to do so. You haven't had to spend money on tires, brakes, etc. , the mileage is still low enough that it isn't a concern. Who knows what the used car market will do when all the off term leases hit the market. I think you did well from initial purchase to sale cost wise.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    I was over to the mall today to get some exercise. After the exercising, I "lusted" for chicken as I passed the food court and Chick-Fil-A. Their chicken strips are great.

But the main topic of this post is how car manufacturers can come up with some cheesy ways to grab more money from the public at large. You all know I had to settle for an E450 4MATIC with a couple of options I would never add to a car - namely a heated steering wheel (good up north , but not down here in FL) and Exterior Logo Projections.

I've never seen them before, but since I had to park in a poorly lighted garage during severe thunderstorms, as I approached the driver's door, I see this huge lit projection of the Mercedes star logo on the ground adjacent to the door. I said to myself, "...so that's what they look like!"

What a waste of $250 on a car. The heated steering wheel is also $250. Along with that panorama sunroof ($1,000) that I'll never use, that's $1500 of useless options, IMO. If I had been able to get a car with the options I would have preferred (Active Multi-contoured front seats with massage and rear power sunshade for $1760 total) I would have been a little happier, but it is what it is.

Just can't get over those LED Logo Projectors - a waste!🤨

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,882
    abacomike said:

I was over to the mall today to get some exercise. After the exercising, I "lusted" for chicken as I passed the food court and Chick-Fil-A. Their chicken strips are great.

But the main topic of this post is how car manufacturers can come up with some cheesy ways to grab more money from the public at large. You all know I had to settle for an E450 4MATIC with a couple of options I would never add to a car - namely a heated steering wheel (good up north , but not down here in FL) and Exterior Logo Projections.

I've never seen them before, but since I had to park in a poorly lighted garage during severe thunderstorms, as I approached the driver's door, I see this huge lit projection of the Mercedes star logo on the ground adjacent to the door. I said to myself, "...so that's what they look like!"

What a waste of $250 on a car. The heated steering wheel is also $250. Along with that panorama sunroof ($1,000) that I'll never use, that's $1500 of useless options, IMO. If I had been able to get a car with the options I would have preferred (Active Multi-contoured front seats with massage and rear power sunshade for $1760 total) I would have been a little happier, but it is what it is.

My old Legacy had them. They're just fancy puddle lights, aren't they?

Does you new car have auto. folding mirrors? I was wondering how the logo thingys (or just proximity puddle lights) work with the mirrors folded in.

I'll have to go out to the garage when it gets dark to satisfy my curiosity. Assuming I remember. :smile:

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    And, Costco RUG $1.50; PUG $2.00.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    abacomike said:

You can put a piece of electrical tape over the lens if it bothers you. I did that on my short lived 2017 C300.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    abacomike said:

A lot of people have a lot of problems with forced options packages that hold little value to them. Only fix is a custom ordering system with all options a la cart from the factory.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    IMHO, the heated steering wheel is Man's crowning achievement.

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392

When you don’t live in Florida, haha.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    abacomike said:

Those options might make the car more desirable if you ever sell it. I’m on the long hunt for a basic car but I more than once found my eyes drifting to the high trim levels that command premium prices.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    Mike, you absolutely could have gotten the car without them, exactly the way you wanted it. Just had to order it from the factory custom built just for you. You just would not have gotten as good a deal. So pretty much, you can't have it both ways! Cake and eat it too?

so look at it this way. You paid for a strippo model, and MB gave you some extra options free. Maybe that will make you fell better?

car dealers are always going to order cars equipped the way most buyers want them, and it usually isn't low on options.

• Options
    I thought the heated wheel was a gimmick (had it on my Sonata). didn't even use it the first year or 2. but then I decided to try it, and it was addictive. Sadly neither current car has one. Thankfully I park in the garage so really don't have many times I really miss it. If I lived up north and parked outside, it would be a must-have.

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    Cadillac is bad for packaging options that makes things terribly expensive. The other day to pass some time I was “building“ a few different models on their Canadian website. On one model, checking the box for adaptive cruise control added $6300 to the price because it only came bundled with a bunch of stuff. On another, getting the same leather seats I have in my ATS added $8900. Crazy.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    ab348 said:

Cadillac is bad for packaging options that makes things terribly expensive. The other day to pass some time I was “building“ a few different models on their Canadian website. On one model, checking the box for adaptive cruise control added $6300 to the price because it only came bundled with a bunch of stuff. On another, getting the same leather seats I have in my ATS added $8900. Crazy.

Are you thinking of replacing the ATS?

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    andres3 said:

omarman said:

Almost as bad as being trampled over a low quality cheap flat screen TV on Black Friday at stores opening at 5:00 AM.
    Is there a shortage of Behr paint at Home Depot?

I am having trouble finding my JIF in extra crunchy. Must be a nationwide shortage?

• Options
    abacomike said:

The option packages went crazy about 1990 and later because (the foreign cars) offered theirs in A, B, or C versions. I ordered my 98 buick picking from a list of options along with some packages. By 2014, I had to really give up a couple of things to get a car without a sun roof. But I was able to add on all the safety features that were on the top model but I didn'thave to get the 2.0 L Turbo engine.

BTW I believe lighted door sills were an option for Malibu. Maybe it was dealer installed, but I am out of touch because I don't need to see "MALIBU" glowing on the door sill as I slide in.

• Options

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    Those LED projectors are massive-margin options installed in-port, I believe. Probably costs $5. Pano is probably on half of cars, so that one can be tough to get around, but the heated steering wheel should have been rare in your market. My car has the entire warmth and comfort package, and I like it - but the weather here is cooler and more dreary than there. I also like pano and usually drive with the shade open, unless the sun is really strong.

I am amused/surprised/disappointed the sunshade is optional now, on W212 it was included in the mandatory "Premium 1" package, and is a useful feature.

abacomike said:

• Options
    that poor guy. double whammy, since he would have sold them off if not for the pandemic shutdown.

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    ab348 said:

That was how my V Sport was. IIRC, you had 2 trims and zero options beyond that. If you wanted something as simple as a moonroof, that kicked you up to the higher trim for about $9k more.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362
    Mini used to offer every option separately, but would offer packages as well. Now they offer three levels and a few options. I'm just grateful that sunroofs are only an option on M cars and a delete option on most of the M Performance models.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options

andres3 said:

omarman said:

I am having trouble finding my JIF in extra crunchy. Must be a nationwide shortage?
    That wasn’t the case when I was at Sam’s today. They had plenty of the extra crunchy Jiff. I didn’t buy any because in typical Sam’s fashion they sold it in two packs and the jars were kinda large too. I ain’t 7 years old anymore so I doubt I’d put a dent in the stuff before it went bad. You should have said something before I went. :(

jmonroe

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,926
    Crunchy peanut butter??? What’s wrong with you people. LOL

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options

I don't have arthritis but I imagine a heated steering wheel would be a nice plus if I did...they are thinking of their audience.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    fintail said:

Those LED projectors are massive-margin options installed in-port, I believe. Probably costs $5. Pano is probably on half of cars, so that one can be tough to get around, but the heated steering wheel should have been rare in your market. My car has the entire warmth and comfort package, and I like it - but the weather here is cooler and more dreary than there. I also like pano and usually drive with the shade open, unless the sun is really strong.

I am amused/surprised/disappointed the sunshade is optional now, on W212 it was included in the mandatory "Premium 1" package, and is a useful feature.

abacomike said:

Doubt if the light costs much to make, especially just adding the logo to a light.
    The pano roof is a safety feature...at least that is what they told us at the factory in Stuttgart.....it adds strength to the roof,
    Like I say, even on a cool morning the heated steering wheel is nice, and if you have arthritis it is therapy.

I never open the sunroof...but, on cloudy or cool days I like the light coming in...and it feels more open, almost like a convertible. It's like if I lived in an apartment, I would probably never go out on the balcony, but, I want it there so I don't feel enclosed.

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

andres3 said:

omarman said:

That wasn’t the case when I was at Sam’s today. They had plenty of the extra crunchy Jiff. I didn’t buy any because in typical Sam’s fashion they sold it in two packs and the jars were kinda large too. I ain’t 7 years old anymore so I doubt I’d put a dent in the stuff before it went bad. You should have said something before I went. :(

jmonroe

I am addicted to peanut butter....especially Jiff Extra Crunchy. Ever check the expiry date...the stuff lasts for 2 years. You should have bought it...or did you hold out to get the wannabe No Name Brand?

*Has anyone tried the new dark roast one?

• Options
    driver100 said:

I am addicted to peanut butter....especially Jiff Extra Crunchy. Ever check the expiry date...the stuff lasts for 2 years. You should have bought it...or did you hold out to get the wannabe No Name Brand?

*Has anyone tried the new dark roast one?

A man after my own heart. My wife always keeps peanut butter in the refrigerator, so that probably extends the expiration date to 2050. But she uses it if she needs a protein and fat to adjust her blood sugar as a diabetic. I like peanut button on apple slices.

Dark roast peanut butter? No, haven't seen it. Sounds like a specialty coffee.

• Options
    I must be the only person here that opens the moonroof as much as possible, year round. And doesn't care for peanut butter.

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,926
    I open the moonroof whenever it’s not too hot.

Crunchy PB? Never

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    I love cranking in open in summer too. hotter the better!

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    tjc78 said:

Crunchy peanut butter??? What’s wrong with you people. LOL

I agree with you, I like my peanut butter boneless.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    A collection of Pontiac Fieros was destroyed? Gee the losses must be in the tens of dollars.

• Options
    venture said:

abacomike said:

My old Legacy had them. They're just fancy puddle lights, aren't they?

Does you new car have auto. folding mirrors? I was wondering how the logo thingys (or just proximity puddle lights) work with the mirrors folded in.

I'll have to go out to the garage when it gets dark to satisfy my curiosity. Assuming I remember. :smile:
    On the BMW the "puddle lights" work the same regardless of the mirrors position as the light is in the door handle. However it's not a logo so now I feel a bit jipped.

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,362

On the BMW the "puddle lights" work the same regardless of the mirrors position as the light is in the door handle. However it's not a logo so now I feel a bit jipped.

Not to worry: BMW LED Door Light Projectors

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive