Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    jwm40517jwm40517 Member Posts: 287
    Should be an easy question for the audio pros here. On a fairly smart two year old LG TV, can you get regular TV sound and wireless sound to headphones at the same time? Need that for two quite different levels of hearing.

I use an app called Tunity with my phone connected to headphones but it often loses the connection. With it I can put TV on mute and listen on phones and the dialog is much more clear than TV especially shows like Elementary .
  • Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,393
    “I’m sorry officer, I didn’t know I couldn’t do that”

“Your honor, I’m quite certain you did know you couldn’t that.”
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,243
    jwm40517 said:

Should be an easy question for the audio pros here. On a fairly smart two year old LG TV, can you get regular TV sound and wireless sound to headphones at the same time? Need that for two quite different levels of hearing.

I use an app called Tunity with my phone connected to headphones but it often loses the connection. With it I can put TV on mute and listen on phones and the dialog is much more clear than TV especially shows like Elementary .

Good luck. It is amazing what you can’t do with audio, with a modern TV.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,987
    Do not collect $200, go directly to jail. And sir, don’t even think about a career in law.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,671

Apparently I can't escape my checkered past. A local business had a cruise night and I drove the Club Sport and displayed it. My son was visiting and dropped by. While we were walking around checking out the cars I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in ages. I introduced my son and my friend asked me if I still had my M6. I told him no and that I wished I'd kept it.
    He then turned to my son and said, "Did your dad ever tell you about the time he brought his M6 to the DQ to hang out with some of his old musclecar driving buddies? There had been a bad wreck and all the cops had left town to respond to it, so everybody started lining up and doing burnouts down Main Street. Your dad pulled the M6 up and a lot of guys were saying that 'That car can't do anything." and then your dad wound it up, dumped the clutch and did a burnout longer than anyone else."

Be careful, at the next election you’re likely to hear that story spun into something unimaginable.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    Almost saw a bad wreck on my street last night. I was out front tending to the new sods by running the sprinkler. I use the timer on the iPhone for that and was sitting on the edge of the wall waiting for it to tell me time was up, as I browsed stuff on the web to pass the time. I hear the unmistakable screaming sound of a crotch-rocket racing motorcycle heading towards my corner. I look up and see this idiot blowing through the stop sign at what was easily 50-60mph. Infuriating, this is a quiet residential street with kids on bicycles and runners that use the street since there is little traffic. He flashes past and as I see him flying up the street I also see a Ford pickup backing out of a driveway up ahead. He throws out the anchors, wiggles some, and then had just enough control to veer around the truck without dumping the bike. If he had t-boned that thing he would have been dead at the speed he was going. Damn scary.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,977
    I saw a beautiful bright red Mustang convertible yesterday, following me on my back bumper going 60 mph on the highway. I have a veer left about 5 miles ahead and if I don't stay in the left lane I won't make that cut off. I am keeping up with the cars ahead of me......I know he wanted around me so he went around on the right, squeezed between me and the car in front, and then he zigged his way ahead using 3 lanes to cut in back and forth. I thought I was going to see a Mustang driver wipe out live...just like in those videos.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,365
    edited August 2020

Apparently I can't escape my checkered past. A local business had a cruise night and I drove the Club Sport and displayed it. My son was visiting and dropped by. While we were walking around checking out the cars I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in ages. I introduced my son and my friend asked me if I still had my M6. I told him no and that I wished I'd kept it.
    He then turned to my son and said, "Did your dad ever tell you about the time he brought his M6 to the DQ to hang out with some of his old musclecar driving buddies? There had been a bad wreck and all the cops had left town to respond to it, so everybody started lining up and doing burnouts down Main Street. Your dad pulled the M6 up and a lot of guys were saying that 'That car can't do anything." and then your dad wound it up, dumped the clutch and did a burnout longer than anyone else."

Be careful, at the next election you’re likely to hear that story spun into something unimaginable.
    That happened in either 1993 or 1994. The judge that I served with from 1999 on was worse than me; she celebrated winning the election by driving her Mustang GT convertible at 120 mph on the local limited access bypass Luckily the officer that stopped her was my motorhead buddy- the guy with the 600 hp AMG E Class and the 700 hp CTS-V.

As for the next election, I had to talk my wife into going along with the last one in 2018(she thought we were done with politics when I retired in 2008). At the election watch party in 2018 a friend who practices family law asked my wife If she thought I'd run again in 2024. My wife replied, "If he does, will you handle my divorce for free?"

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    jwm40517 said:

Short answer is “no”. But there are Bluetooth dongles that may strengthen the BT signal from the TV to the headphones. Just do an online search for something like that from Amazon or Best Buy.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,565
    andres3 said:

what's not perfectly mobile and transportable about these? ???? :smile:

These area measly 80 lbs each: https://www.polkaudio.com/en-us/floor-standing-towers/lsim705

And if those are too light, here are 120 lb speakers : https://www.walmart.com/ip/Polk-Audio-LSi-M707-MT-VERNON-CHERRY-Ea-Certified-Refurbished-Tower-Speaker/124257130

If Polk really cared about mobility, weight and cost they’d use plastic cases and not real wood which is a valuable natural material. Might even get a different reverberation effect too. I’ll bet you audiophiles never thought about saving the environment when blasting out deafening sounds, have you. :@

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2020
    My wiper problem STILL has not been corrected after 4 sets of wipers, applications of special waxes recommended by Mercedes to service departments, and 3 months of dealing with this issue, etc. The wipers skip and chatter in continual rain. They put another OEM set of wipers on yesterday and during a downpour, they began chattering which means they don't clear the windshield of water. The service manager told me there is nothing else they can do.

So I called MBUSA consumer affairs yesterday afternoon and filed a complaint - not against the service department - but a complaint that my windshield is defective. He asked me what I wanted them to do about it and I responded that I wanted the windshield replaced. I already received an email indicating a claim number and that I will receive a call from MBUSA consumer affairs manager within 48 hours to resolve the issue.

So now it's in the hands of MBUSA. Hopefully I can get this resolved soon. With all the rain we get, it is certainly a nuisance!🤓

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Getting wipers not to chatter should not be hard. I would suspect first the springs that hold the arms against the glass being either too weak or too strong.

• Options
    driver100 said:

I saw a beautiful bright red Mustang convertible yesterday, following me on my back bumper going 60 mph on the highway. I have a veer left about 5 miles ahead and if I don't stay in the left lane I won't make that cut off. I am keeping up with the cars ahead of me......I know he wanted around me so he went around on the right, squeezed between me and the car in front, and then he zigged his way ahead using 3 lanes to cut in back and forth. I thought I was going to see a Mustang driver wipe out live...just like in those videos.

I wasn’t that close. ;)

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    They checked the pressure of the wiper arms against the windshield and it was within specs. They have been trying to solve this problem for 3 months now with no solution.

I did order special cloths and Rainex cleaner and water repellent and will try that if MBUSA does not resolve the issue.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    abacomike said:

My wiper problem STILL has not been corrected after 4 sets of wipers, applications of special waxes recommended by Mercedes to service departments, and 3 months of dealing with this issue, etc. The wipers skip and chatter in continual rain. They put another OEM set of wipers on yesterday and during a downpour, they began chattering which means they don't clear the windshield of water. The service manager told me there is nothing else they can do.

So I called MBUSA consumer affairs yesterday afternoon and filed a complaint - not against the service department - but a complaint that my windshield is defective. He asked me what I wanted them to do about it and I responded that I wanted the windshield replaced. I already received an email indicating a claim number and that I will receive a call from MBUSA consumer affairs manager within 48 hours to resolve the issue.

So now it's in the hands of MBUSA. Hopefully I can get this resolved soon. With all the rain we get, it is certainly a nuisance!🤓

Why not just cruise over to O’Riley’s and get a set of no name cheapies? If those squeak too you’ll know it’s the windshield, if they don’t, problem solved and you can send the bill to MB.

They’ll even put them on for you.

• Options

abacomike said:

Why not just cruise over to O’Riley’s and get a set of no name cheapies? If those squeak too you’ll know it’s the windshield, if they don’t, problem solved and you can send the bill to MB.

They’ll even put them on for you.
    They tried that last week - right wiper blade wouldn't stop squeaking. That's why they put another set of OEM's on yesterday!

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,927
    edited August 2020
    Dodged a bullet from the storm yesterday down the shore. Our Gazebo flew away but went into an open space. No trees or anything else although others had a lot of damage to their sites

Ran down there after work to clean it up. There was a section of the Garden State Parkway where the tops of the trees were sheared right off (couldn’t get a picture) due to the tornado that hit Marmora NJ

No power there so we took all our food back to our primary home. Glad we did, still out now

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    Did a number on the tomato crop!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    abacomike said:

They checked the pressure of the wiper arms against the windshield and it was within specs. They have been trying to solve this problem for 3 months now with no solution.

Well, that doesn't mean the specs are correct. I forge the exact details, but don't I remember reading that this was a common problem with certain new M-B vehicles?
    I did order special cloths and Rainex cleaner and water repellent and will try that if MBUSA does not resolve the issue.
    I might be tempted to slip a local vandal $10 to break the windshield for you. :sunglasses:

• Options
    Needs to move back to the CA desert. Won’t matter out there.

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    @dino001
    I won't say a word.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    stickguy said:

Did a number on the tomato crop!

They grow so well down there. I’ve gotten more out of those two little porch planters from Home Depot than in my garden at home.

• Options
    I put the aluminum up on Craigslist for scrap at 6:30 this morning. It was gone by 7:45. Crazy

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,365
    I saw this ridiculous car yesterday- a V6 to boot.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,173
    Have fun with your new windshield that still has juddery wipers :)

I don't think it is a defect as much as a design flaw, and it has existed for awhile. Check the MB forums/groups - lots of talk about it. All three of my W212s did it.
    abacomike said:

• Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    edited August 2020
    In other news, there is now hoarding of bleach wipes. They are few and far between, basically “out of stock”. The company’s say they will be unavailable untill the end of the year, FWIW.
  • Options
    Thay
    carnaught said:

In other news, there is now hoarding of bleach wipes. They are few and far between, basically “out of stock”. The company’s say they will be unavailable untill the end of the year, FWIW.

That’s been since March pretty much. Old news. I haven’t seen wipes in any store for months now

Only way to get them is to be at the store when they get their delivery.

I spoke to someone at BJ’s. They don’t even stock them, just leave the up front and they are gone in hours

• Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    @tjc78, hmm, might be a local issue too. Amazon has available, one canister of 78 for $33.
  • Options
    I haven’t seen them since March either.

• Options
    I was able to snag a couple of containers at different times in May. But as was said they vanished when the early panic set it, like hand sanitizer did.

• Options
    Sanitizer now is everywhere. Of course, seems like half of it will kill you, so maybe not a good thing.

My wife made Clorox wipes herself out of cleaning supplies and paper towels. We really don’t need many. Plus, it’s just a convenience. Use a spray bottle and a rag, does the same thing. But much cheaper.

• Options
    tjc78 said:

Dodged a bullet from the storm yesterday down the shore. Our Gazebo flew away but went into an open space. No trees or anything else although others had a lot of damage to their sites

Ran down there after work to clean it up. There was a section of the Garden State Parkway where the tops of the trees were sheared right off (couldn’t get a picture) due to the tornado that hit Marmora NJ

No power there so we took all our food back to our primary home. Glad we did, still out now

Your peppers need fertilizer.🤢

• Options
    carnaught said:

I saw that on the news this morning but they had to call it a “massive” shortage. Nothing like stirring up a panic. I’m surprised they didn’t call it a “bombshell”. :D

• Options
    I think there is a new panic/hoarding movement being stirred up. I'd noticed cleaning supplies were slowly but surely returning to local store shelves. I went out earlier today, and the stocks are decimated again, resembling late March. At least paper products are in stock - at least for now.

Coincidentally, I read a "news" report about possible panic buying during a second 'rona wave (which I'll wager is all but guaranteed). The timing of these events is suspect.
    carnaught said:

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729

I saw this ridiculous car yesterday- a V6 to boot.

That might be worse than up-badging with GT V8 labels. M-cars, that aren't M's..
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    fintail said:

Have fun with your new windshield that still has juddery wipers :)

I don't think it is a defect as much as a design flaw, and it has existed for awhile. Check the MB forums/groups - lots of talk about it. All three of my W212s did it.

abacomike said:

Got a call from MBUSA caseworker who said she will investigate my issue and I should hear from them by Friday or Monday. She will be talking with my service manager and a determination will be made. The fact that I have owned 16 Mercedes Benz vehicles in the last 35 years will be a major contributing factor.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    stickguy said:

I’d rather not have a new windshield if they aren’t sure it’s the reason.

Putting in a new windshield sounds like using a canon to kill a fly.

• Options
    We have a shortage in aluminum cans, used for soft drinks and for beer. Since the bars have been closed people were buying beer and soft drinks to take home....people seem to prefer cans. They use the cans for the more popular flavors, and you can only buy bottles of less popular flavors.....like A&W diet Root Beer.

• Options
    driver100 said:

stickguy said:

I’d rather not have a new windshield if they aren’t sure it’s the reason.

Putting in a new windshield sounds like using a canon to kill a fly.
    If you remove the windshield wipers they can't give you a parking ticket.

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,987
    I wonder if many home builders include their name on the house key. The builder of our house in 2004 did. They, like many have since gone
    through bankruptcy. Thought it was somewhat unique.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    sda said:

I wonder if many home builders include their name on the house key. The builder of our house in 2004 did. They, like many have since gone

The first house we bought was a new build, and the key had the builders name on it. They are still in business:

richmondamerican.com

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Hope for the best, expect something something :)

I've had only 8 in 25 years. When I had the issue, I was pretty much told "good luck" after my second set of blades replaced under warranty. They did the arm tension thing, too. But that was a pre-facelift 212, which had a different blade holder design - so it could be taken apart and replaced with Bosch rubber. It worked. No such possibility on later models.

Unless they have certainty that some aspect of the windshield has changed, I wouldn't believe a replacement would help.
    abacomike said:

Got a call from MBUSA caseworker who said she will investigate my issue and I should hear from them by Friday or Monday. She will be talking with my service manager and a determination will be made. The fact that I have owned 16 Mercedes Benz vehicles in the last 35 years will be a major contributing factor.

• Options
    driver100 said:

We have a shortage in aluminum cans, used for soft drinks and for beer. Since the bars have been closed people were buying beer and soft drinks to take home....people seem to prefer cans. They use the cans for the more popular flavors, and you can only buy bottles of less popular flavors.....like A&W diet Root Beer.

I wish I had known, I just spent an afternoon cleaning out my son’s apartment and his roommate left hundreds of cans all over the place. I could have solved your aluminum shortage easily.

Now down here we have a coin shortage so bad that one store was asking people to donate their change to the next lowest dollar to charity. My wife who likes to wrap coins is working on solving that problem by cleaning out all our car cup holders.

• Options
    sda said:

What is that Sears Roebuck thing on the key ring? Looks like something you might gap spark plugs or set ignition points with.

• Options
    probably a screw driver. or a beer opener. But it does look like a spark plug gapper.

• Options
    A fire last night destroyed a house and this was in the garage. Ferrari 488 GTB.

In happier times:

Now:

• Options
    does not look promising.