Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,284
    suydam said:

I spent the day watching Dustin Johnson’s historic Masters win. Great performance!

I was hoping for a bit more drama in the final round, but alas, not to be.

Congrats to DJ.

Was also fun to note that Bernhard Langer, at 63 years of age, was 1 stroke better than Bryson Dechambeau, who was the prohibitive favorite going into the week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,284
    edited November 2020
    On another note, mattress test driven and purchased. Happy to report no citations or arrests.

Delivered a week from Tuesday, with 120 day trial period, in case we don't like it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,547
    Michaell said:

suydam said:

I spent the day watching Dustin Johnson’s historic Masters win. Great performance!

I was hoping for a bit more drama in the final round, but alas, not to be.

Congrats to DJ.

Was also fun to note that Bernhard Langer, at 63 years of age, was 1 stroke better than Bryson Dechambeau, who was the prohibitive favorite going into the week.
    Tiger having a whole that every true duffer can appreciate not enough drama for you?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,091
    If you stayed until the end and saw Amanda Balionis’ interview with DJ after the green jacket ceremony, it was one of the most sincere and genuine things I’ve seen in a while in sports. He comes across as taciturn and dull a lot of the time but in this he just let everything come out.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151
    I don't think anybody mentioned that the I75/I71 bridge in Cincinnati/Covington has been closed for several days. Both directions, the upper deck southbound and lower deck northbound after a fire of diesel fuel from 3 trucks that tangled in early morning hours Wednesday. Likely to be closed for weeks, even months. The Transportation Cabinet has taken core samples of concrete and of steel to test for damage from the 1500 degree heat.

There are 6 other bridges, 4 near downtown Covington/Cincinnati. Only 1 of downtown bridges is interstate level. Makes for some long detours around circle interstate for snowbirds traveling south.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    Buffalo lost a cliffhanger today and Miami continues to play outstanding football with Fitzpatrick and Tua “T” leading the team to 5 straight wins. It’s actually “fun” watching Miami play for the first time since 2003.

There is hope here in South Florida. But Mahomes and that KC team bound to play in the Super Bowl, it will be next to impossible for Miami to get passed Pittsburgh or KC.

2021 Genesis G90

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976

I don't think anybody mentioned that the I75/I71 bridge in Cincinnati/Covington has been closed for several days. Both directions
    There are 6 other bridges, 4 near downtown Covington/Cincinnati. Only 1 of downtown bridges is interstate level. Makes for some long detours around circle interstate for snowbirds traveling south.

Glad we don't have to do that any more....since we fly now, but can't even do that this year.......and it has only been in the mid 40s this week :'(

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,879
    abacomike said:

Buffalo lost a cliffhanger today and Miami continues to play outstanding football with Fitzpatrick and Tua “T” leading the team to 5 straight wins. It’s actually “fun” watching Miami play for the first time since 2003.

There is hope here in South Florida. But Mahomes and that KC team bound to play in the Super Bowl, it will be next to impossible for Miami to get passed Pittsburgh or KC.

Tagovailoa seems to be starting off with the Dolphins the same way he played at Alabama. That has to be good for Miami...assuming he can stay healthy.

The Steelers are looking good. They also have a guy in the secondary named Edmunds. :)

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    tjc78 said:

I've seen a drastic increase in Ohio State Patrol activity on the interstates. They seem to be using active patrolling where they try to slip up on a speeder or someone committing a driving error. Rarely now do I see them sitting waiting for someone to fall into their laser or radar cone.

Saw several today making the journey to IKEA near GG-land.

You were just a few minutes from my humble abode. You could have stopped by for a Modelo or a Basil Hayden!

I could have given you a tour of my new Washer and Dryer.
    Basil Hayden is good stuff, I'm almost out! I also really like the Four Roses Single Barrel.

My new drink obsession is a take on an old fashioned from Capital Grille (They called in an In Fashion)

Bourbon, splash of Grand Marnier, couple dashes of black walnut bitters and an Amarena cherry. So good. I made some for friends last night with the Four Roses and everyone went crazy for it.
    What’s your address, again???? LOL!!!!! Sounds delish!

I like Four Roses, too!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    @imidazol97 ...that bridge was on borrowed time to begin with. The whole 75/71 corridor from OH into KY has been a boondoggle as far back as I can remember. If there were any reason to invest in infrastructure, that area would be the poster child for such a project!
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,318
    Could have been like this bridge.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2A_y10RQHA
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,560
    venture said:

abacomike said:

Tagovailoa seems to be starting off with the Dolphins the same way he played at Alabama. That has to be good for Miami...assuming he can stay healthy.

The Steelers are looking good. They also have a guy in the secondary named Edmunds. :)
    Yeah, and he doesn’t have to pay dues in here even though he can afford it, RHIP. 😫

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    edited November 2020
    Looks like the embankment behind the end bent gave away, not the bridge itself. Basically slab on grade was not protected properly from erosion due to a large flood. The bridge looks quite old.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

@imidazol97 ...that bridge was on borrowed time to begin with. The whole 75/71 corridor from OH into KY has been a boondoggle as far back as I can remember. If there were any reason to invest in infrastructure, that area would be the poster child for such a project!

Isn't that bridge a good one to replace....but, there isn't an alternative place to put a new bridge, or a way to replace it but still allow traffic to cross? They may need a giant catapult!

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,922
    Here are a few pictures of the media room/theater I am trying to create.

To dos include some tidying up of wiring, riser for rear row of seats (8" - 10" should do it). I just ordered 6 movie posters to add to the look.

Once the room is "done" I'll be heading to phase II which will include some audio upgrades. It plays loud and clean but needs more sub for starters.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    I must compliment you on your choice of testing film.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,167
    Not sure if anyone else is in an area reverting back a step or two in pandemic restrictions, but the governor here made an announcement yesterday for a maybe softer version of March restrictions, and people flipped out - TP and other paper goods are out of stock again. I went to the store to get bathroom cleaner (not special disinfectant, soap scum remover now that I have a shower with a large glass wall) and garbage bags, and the cleaning area was mobbed, I got the last 2 containers of bathroom cleaner as even it was being taken. Garbage bags seemed 2/3 sold out, too. Nutty.
    impressive looking room for a throw-together!

fintail said:

Not sure if anyone else is in an area reverting back a step or two in pandemic restrictions, but the governor here made an announcement yesterday for a maybe softer version of March restrictions, and people flipped out - TP and other paper goods are out of stock again. I went to the store to get bathroom cleaner (not special disinfectant, soap scum remover now that I have a shower with a large glass wall) and garbage bags, and the cleaning area was mobbed, I got the last 2 containers of bathroom cleaner as even it was being taken. Garbage bags seemed 2/3 sold out, too. Nutty.

Similar in Philly area. Restrictions coming back next week I think. Not a full shut down though, more of a partial rollback I think.

edited November 2020
    yeah - people are nuts. Same is happening over here on the west side of the state. Apparently folks don't realize that they aren't cutting back to 25% of inventory, just to 25% of store shopper capacity...
    @tjc78 ....like the room.....a lot! Nice set up.

I’m toying with the idea of a new sub, too.

I have an old(er) EPIK 18” sub that’s living on borrowed time. It is immensely powerful. But, the manufacturer is no longer in business. The reason for that is they used some amps that weren’t known for their longevity. Still, it still performs well and it’s 7 years old with no hint of trouble. I think I’m pushing my luck, though.

Keeping eye(s) open for a used SVS Ultra or a B-stock PSA sub.
  • coldinohiocoldinohio Member Posts: 170
    may want to try rainX for auto -- they have a cleaner and then the water repellant (use on windshields); makes shower cleanup quicker and stays shiny longer
    fintail said:

edited November 2020

may want to try rainX for auto -- they have a cleaner and then the water repellant (use on windshields); makes shower cleanup quicker and stays shiny longer

fintail said:

I don't know if we ever discussed shower glass cleaners before. I was amazed with Magic....actually takes off the water stains easily.

edited November 2020
    am I the only one here that is too lazy to have an elaborate AV set-up? Our main TV is in the upstairs family room (no theatre room either), and we just listen to the speakers on the TV. Sound pretty good, even watching movies (which is not something we do very often anyway). I have a receiver and floor speakers hooked up to it (and a DVD player) but sadly that mostly sits getting dusty too.

Nice movie room tjc.

stickguy said:

am I the only one here that is too lazy to have an elaborate AV set-up? Our main TV is in the upstairs family room (no theatre room either), and we just listen to the speakers on the TV. Sound pretty good, even watching movies (which is not something we do very often anyway). I have a receiver and floor speakers hooked up to it (and a DVD player) but sadly that mostly sits getting dusty too.

Nope. I don't care enough to have one and my ears actually just start ringing with loud surround sound. Our upstairs family room has a 65" 4K LED TV and that is more than adequate for me. Will be converting our spare bedroom at some point into a true home gym (since a second kiddo is seeming unlikely at this point).
    stickguy said:

Same here stick. I think at a certain stage in life most movies aren't that special that they deserve a special room or set up. Our 60 inch TV is adequate for the things we want to see, we don't need anything better, and certainly don't want to trek downstairs to watch something.
    However, I get it if you have kids or teens around....or if movies are that important to you.

oh sure, if that is what interests you, go for it! I was just curious to see how much of an outlier I actually am.

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    stickguy said:

No you're not the only one, I'm the same way.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

driver100 said:

Isn't that bridge a good one to replace....but, there isn't an alternative place to put a new bridge, or a way to replace it but still allow traffic to cross? They may need a giant catapult!
    For a few years now there have been local discussions on where to site a replacement bridge and how to pay for for the local portion. The locals couldn't/can't agree on whether it has to have tolls or not. 1.5 billion.

But, true to politician form, the Cincy mayor was out immediately after this shutdown placing blame on two people in government for not bringing all the money in immediately from the Fed to start replacing the bridge--he forgets that the locals can't agree.

The plan IIRC is to have the bridge immediately west, downstream of the current bridge so the traffic can be maintained and the feeder lanes can be connected to the new bridge(s). A new bridge would take years.

There also is a long term plan for a bypass to connect the Kentucky I75/71 junction 15 miles or so south of river with an eastern bypass interstate level road that connects to I75 somewhere north of Cincy.

I'll have to try that. When I found this place, I ooh'd and aww'd over the fancy tile and glass shower, now it is something that brings out my OCD maintenance issues - can't stand spots on the glass.
    driver100 said:

I don't know if we ever discussed shower glass cleaners before. I was amazed with Magic....actually takes off the water stains easily.

Same here. I use the TV speakers on my basic line 65" TV that still seems awesome to me, as I am not demanding absolute perfection. Fanciest AV thing I have is a now-9 year old Oppo region-free BluRay player that I never use. I recently cut the cable cord, now just watch streaming stuff that is just fine for the specs of the TV.

But we all have hobbies, I have piles of stuff that would perplex or bore others, too.
    stickguy said:

I actually have some Rain-X glass cleaner, I'll try that the next time I clean the glass (which will be soon).

Home theater is very much a hobby. I’ve enjoyed it before the days of DVD and even center channel speakers.

Wife and I really love movies. I already had all the audio equipment at my old home so that was a big win in the capital outlay!

@graphicguy
    I’ve been eyeing up a Klipsch SPL-150, but those you posted look pretty awesome!

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,318
    edited November 2020
    " I got the last 2 containers of bathroom cleaner as even it was being taken." Fintail - 2 minutes for Elbowing. :p
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    fintail said:

I'll have to try that. When I found this place, I ooh'd and aww'd over the fancy tile and glass shower, now it is something that brings out my OCD maintenance issues - can't stand spots on the glass.

When I had the bathroom renovated here 3 years ago my plan was to have the tub removed and replaced with a walk-in shower with a glass door. After the tub went away, the plumber who was installing the shower's wet bits heard that and told me to not do it right away, and instead just use a rod with a nice extra-long shower curtain for a while. His reasoning was that he had a glass shower in his house and hated it because of the maintenance. He said even with squeegeeing it after every use, the glass never looked clean which drove him nuts.

I took his advice and so far have zero complaints.

stickguy said:

am I the only one here that is too lazy to have an elaborate AV set-up?

Not at all. I find almost all movies these days unwatchable, and even older ones often disappoint me (though there are many that I still enjoy). Same holds true for the majority of TV programming. My one indulgence is a soundbar with subwoofer that does make the audio a bit more robust, but I never turn it up very loud.

I must compliment you on your choice of testing film.

Indeed! Also one of the movie posters I ordered.

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,985
    edited November 2020
    I have two modest surround sound set ups. The primary one in the family room and a more basic one in our bonus room...where I'm based working from home. The one in the bonus room was for the benefit of my daughter to watch and to enjoy with her friends. It is never used. The one in the family room gets used a couple times a year as we all watch a movie or two. Volume stays low as to not bother the dogs. lol

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,944
    tjc78 said:

To dos include some tidying up of wiring, riser for rear row of seats (8" - 10" should do it). I just ordered 6 movie posters to add to the look.

Once the room is "done" I'll be heading to phase II which will include some audio upgrades. It plays loud and clean but needs more sub for starters.

need to raise the rear seats on a platform. :)

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

stickguy said:

I used to both with surround sound, but really didn't get a whole lot of use out of it in our previous house once the kids were born. So when we moved here, it wasn't worth it to me to drill holes and run wires. I put my big towers on either side of the entertainment center, a center speaker under the TV, and a passive sub hidden in a cabinet. Nothing more than a couple feet from the TV. And, even with that, the wife makes us keep it so quiet that I have CC on. lol.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Speaking of RainX..., I returned the wiper blades by Rainx with the treatment on the blade. I left a fog like smear behind the blade that lasted for a few seconds. It was like the water particles were a collection of miniscule drops that couldn't joint together and were like a fog due to the repellency of the treatment.

I'm enjoying my old blades as the treatment slowly wears off the windshield. I'll buy a set of AC Delco beam OEM type blades at the dealer in a few days.

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    We are jumping for joy and bragging rights in Massachusetts. Two companies with Massachusetts ties are leading the race for approval of a coronavirus vaccine. Moderna, based in Cambridge with its manufacturing plant in Norwood, MA revealed that its Covid-19 vaccine is 94.5% effective and does not have to be refrigerated.

On the other hand Pfizer, based in New York, with its manufacturing plant in Andover, MA was first to report that its vaccine is approximately 90% effective but it needs to be refrigerated at the very low temperature of -84F degrees. In short, we are enjoying an embarrassment of riches. Only if I had added a couple hundred shares to my portfolio. Read more at https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/11/10/metro/inside-quest-covid-19-cure/
    qbrozen said:

tjc78 said:

need to raise the rear seats on a platform. :)
    Oh yeah, for sure. Maybe over Thanksgiving. It's not a hard job at all. Biggest headache will be finding a piece of carpet to match the room. They sell pre-made risers that would cost over $1500. All in I can do it under $500 even with the insane prices of lumber right now.

The keeping it cold difference is huge.

Will be interesting to see what other companies come out with. Though seems more efficient to pick the best one and license it.

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,560

fintail said:

No you don’t. You can’t take credit for using Rain-X on shower doors and tile.😫 I mentioned that maybe 10 years ago in here. I’m sure some of the old timers in here can back me up on that. But good advice can be given more than once.

However, I kinda got myself into a jam doing it in our house. When it starts losing some of its effectiveness Mrs. is not bashful about saying, “you need to put more of that car stuff on the shower door and tiles. It’s starting to wear of”. No wanting to be a slave to this job, I’ve said a few times, “I show you were it is”. To which she has said, “that’s car stuff so I don’t want to deprive you of using it”. Now when she says it needs done, I just go get my car stuff.☹️

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)

I'm enjoying my old blades as the treatment slowly wears off the windshield. I'll buy a set of AC Delco beam OEM type blades at the dealer in a few days.

I've never seen AC Delco OEM style blades. All the ones I've encountered have a big clunky-looking universal mount that sticks up in the center.

The OE blades on my ATS are Denso products.

edited November 2020
    bwia said:

We are jumping for joy and bragging rights in Massachusetts. Two companies with Massachusetts ties are leading the race for approval of a coronavirus vaccine. Moderna, based in Cambridge with its manufacturing plant in Norwood, MA revealed that its Covid-19 vaccine is 94.5% effective and does not have to be refrigerated.

On the other hand Pfizer, based in New York, with its manufacturing plant in Andover, MA was first to report that its vaccine is approximately 90% effective but it needs to be refrigerated at the very low temperature of -84F degrees. In short, we are enjoying an embarrassment of riches. Only if I had added a couple hundred shares to my portfolio. Read more at https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/11/10/metro/inside-quest-covid-19-cure/

There are many others, and some further ahead in the process. Problem is all the hoops they have to jump through. Lots of testing to be done before they can even think of getting approved for general use. Well, at least in the U.S.