Are you (or someone in your family) a first-time car buyer who is struggling to find an affordable used vehicle? A reporter would like to speak with you; please reach out to [email protected] by 1/21 for more details.

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

1265826592661266326642728

Comments

  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaMember Posts: 16,206
    driver100 said:

    Mavericks have tailgates!

    Not exactly as illustrated above (was that one a concept vehicle or just a really good Photoshop job?).


    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 19,320

    @andres3 said:

    Speaking of good car-observing parking lots; Engineering-type companies like Northrup-Grumman are excellent car spotting areas. Supra's, Tesla's, and more.

    Went to breakfast one time and took this picture behind the restuarant.


    In the village of Whitehall NY the local quicky mart has a hitching post for the Amish wagons.

    2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 54,451
    Paint seems to chip easier than in the past, too.

    The rock cop out may be alleviated by dashcams, but I also suspect those will never be a majority of drivers.

    abacomike said:

    abacomike said:

    @driver100 said:

    I think it says according to C&D they can weigh as much as 200 pounds:

    This means that the extra 200 pounds from the glass roof may affect your overall stability and handling. In terms of weight, you might compare the panoramic sunroof to having another passenger aboard at all times.

    This 2 minute video shows how strong the glass is....if you flip ahead to 1 minute 40 seconds they drop an anchor on the roof;
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x306vj4

    Too bad that they can’t put a windshield on a car that won’t crack or chip from an errant rock or stone from the road. But I guess you have to consider the force with which the rock or stone hits the windshield. My chips or cracks usually occur when I am on the highway or Turnpike doing 65 or 70 mph and a rock from a dump truck hits the windshield.

    IIRC the glass was changed a decade or more ago. Thinner? Lighter in weight to suit the ever-controlling EPA types. But more subject to chips.

    Around here some of the dump trucks have signs on the rear to fake out those who don't know the laws by misstating the law. They say "not responsible for rocks thrown from the road." Technically that's true, but they want folks to believe they're not reponsible for the rocks and material that falls from their truck, rails, beds, and ends up hitting a windshield behind them. That's not the case.

    But I'm sure those signs fool a lot of folks. I've called the OSP when I've seen trucks with material big enough to damage cars behind sitting on their rails. Many of the newer trucks have slopes everywhere so no material, like rocks, can sit on the ledges and jiggle off when they hit a bump.

    Funniest I saw was a scattering of 2-2.5 inch round rocks on the interstate where a truck had hit the bump at the end of an overpass and those fell and scattered over a hundred feet or so. I used the other lane to avoid hitting any of them. A thousand feet ahead all the way to the right shoulder at the end of a merging ramp was a pile of same round stones. I surmised the rear dump gate opened when he hit the bump. He stopped and had to work to get the gate closed. Then hurried away before a cop might have found him.


  • tjc78tjc78 South JerseyMember Posts: 13,063

    @fintail
    You settle yet?

    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum / 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription

  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaMember Posts: 11,926
    edited October 2021

    @oldfarmer50 said:
    In the village of Whitehall NY the local quicky mart has a hitching post for the Amish wagons.

    I have always been awed by the Amish and other religious groups here in the US and Canada such as the Mennonites, Amana, etc. With all the distractions within the North American communities in which they dwell (Iowa, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, as well as many Canadian provinces), they manage to survive even with tremendous external pressures from the greater societies in which they live.

    I would think it is very difficult bringing up their teenagers in such a restrictive environment without great losses of those teenagers to the external societies. The Amana have not fared as well in Iowa as the Amish have in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Indiana and have few remaining communities. Their population as of the 2010 Census was under 3000. The Amana Corporation was sold in 2001 to the Whirlpool Corporation.

    I remember our first microwave oven was an Amana RadarRange back in the 1970’s and was built by the Amana Corporation in Iowa.

    2021 Genesis G90

  • carnaughtcarnaught Desert SWMember Posts: 3,220
    edited October 2021
    SORRY
  • sdasda Indian Land, SCMember Posts: 5,167
    edited October 2021
    Hard to believe, I have had the 18 Passat one year today.

    2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 44,668
    T, which place was that? I know sweet eats always has a huge line outside and cars everywhere, even mid-day during the week. I never quite understood why. At their prices, must make a fortune!

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD , 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Ecoboost FWD.

  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Member Posts: 26,187
    edited October 2021
    abacomike said:

    @oldfarmer50 said:

    In the village of Whitehall NY the local quicky mart has a hitching post for the Amish wagons.

    I have always been awed by the Amish and other religious groups here in the US and Canada such as the Mennonites, Amana, etc. With all the distractions within the North American communities in which they dwell (Iowa, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, as well as many Canadian provinces), they manage to survive even with tremendous external pressures from the greater societies in which they live.

    I would think it is very difficult bringing up their teenagers in such a restrictive environment without great losses of those teenagers to the external societies. The Amana have not fared as well in Iowa as the Amish have in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Indiana and have few remaining communities. Their population as of the 2010 Census was under 3000. The Amana Corporation was sold in 2001 to the Whirlpool Corporation.

    I remember our first microwave oven was an Amana RadarRange back in the 1970’s and was built by the Amana Corporation in Iowa.


    The Amish don't recruit, so their numbers come from their families. The Mennonites do recruit members. The Amish youth have a year of rumspringa where they can experience the "English" world and associate with them, smoking, drinking, riding in cars, dating, etc.. At the end of that they commit themselves to the church and the religion.

    The buggies in the picture are not owned by Schwartzentrauber Amish, which don't even allow windows on the buggies nor slow moving vehicle signs for visibility/safety.

    Linda Castillo is an author of many books sited in Amish country in Ohio, and in the process of Kate Burkholder, the police chief of Painters Creek doing her job, all kinds of information about the Amish and other similar groups of people is given. Kate was Amish and left the sect on her rumspringa.
    So look for titles that have Burkholder mentioned.

    2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Member Posts: 18,221

    @imidazol97 said:
    The Amish don't recruit, so their numbers come from their families. The Mennonites do recruit members. The Amish youth have a year of rumspringa where they can experience the "English" world and associate with them, smoking, drinking, riding in cars, dating, etc.. At the end of that they commit themselves to the church and the religion.

    The buggies in the picture are not owned by Schwartzentrauber Amish, which don't even allow windows on the buggies nor slow moving vehicle signs for visibility/safety.

    Linda Castillo is an author of many books sited in Amish country in Ohio, and in the process of Kate Burkholder, the police chief of Painters Creek doing her job, all kinds of information about the Amish and other similar groups of people is given. Kate was Amish and left the sect on her rumspringa.
    So look for titles that have Burkholder mentioned.

    The picture I posted is in an older order Amish community in Arthur, IL. It's outside Yoder's Kitchen which if I'm not mistaken is Amish owned, serves traditional Amish cooking and has a gift shop that sells Amish goods. They do have great food.

    2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 54,451
    There are several Mennonite and Hutterite groups in eastern WA and MT. They seem to embrace modern tech more than the old order Amish type groups, but still retain some tradition. They appear to be capable farmers, and have large operations.

    Was the Radarrange in kind of a chrome case? I remember those when I was a little kid,
    abacomike said:

    @oldfarmer50 said:

    In the village of Whitehall NY the local quicky mart has a hitching post for the Amish wagons.

    I have always been awed by the Amish and other religious groups here in the US and Canada such as the Mennonites, Amana, etc. With all the distractions within the North American communities in which they dwell (Iowa, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, as well as many Canadian provinces), they manage to survive even with tremendous external pressures from the greater societies in which they live.

    I would think it is very difficult bringing up their teenagers in such a restrictive environment without great losses of those teenagers to the external societies. The Amana have not fared as well in Iowa as the Amish have in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Indiana and have few remaining communities. Their population as of the 2010 Census was under 3000. The Amana Corporation was sold in 2001 to the Whirlpool Corporation.

    I remember our first microwave oven was an Amana RadarRange back in the 1970’s and was built by the Amana Corporation in Iowa.


  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 19,320
    “ they manage to survive even with tremendous external pressures from the greater societies in which they live.”

    Speaking of external pressure, in the aforementioned village the bureaucrats didn’t like the Amish building barns and demanded they install sprinklers and smoke detectors even though there was no electricity.

    2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

  • tjc78tjc78 South JerseyMember Posts: 13,063

    @fintail said:
    You mean the house?

    Set to close by the end of next week - appraisal actually wasn't a hold up (came in almost 10% over list, I was a little concerned, but this is a wild market), underwriting and the holiday are apparently a slight bottleneck. Hoping to have some cosmetic renovations completed and move in a week or two before Thanksgiving.

    Sold sign is already up:

    Awesome. I settled on my first house right before Thanksgiving.

    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum / 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription

  • tjc78tjc78 South JerseyMember Posts: 13,063

    @stickguy said:
    T, which place was that? I know sweet eats always has a huge line outside and cars everywhere, even mid-day during the week. I never quite understood why. At their prices, must make a fortune!

    Yeah Sweet Eats. They always make a nice looking cake that actually tastes good.

    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum / 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription

  • driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moMember Posts: 29,904
    ab348 said:

    driver100 said:

    Mavericks have tailgates!

    Not exactly as illustrated above (was that one a concept vehicle or just a really good Photoshop job?).

    I grabbed the first photo I found....didn't think about if it was real or Photoshopped.
    But, I think the Photoshopped one actually looks better!

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 44,668
    that was an artist rendering before the real thing came out. I think they actual truck has a more practical bed since it is squared off.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD , 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Ecoboost FWD.

  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 44,668
    tjc78 said:

    @stickguy said:

    T, which place was that? I know sweet eats always has a huge line outside and cars everywhere, even mid-day during the week. I never quite understood why. At their prices, must make a fortune!

    Yeah Sweet Eats. They always make a nice looking cake that actually tastes good.


    thought so. We never got a full cake from there (never had the need for a big one, and my wife makes her own for birthdays, etc.). But for her birthday, I go there to get something special (you don't want a cake I baked!)

    I actually will get a couple of their giant cupcakes. Can only eat 1/2 of one at a time, so get 2 days dessert from it. Kinda like a small cake, but you get 2 varieties! There are exceptionally good.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD , 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Ecoboost FWD.

  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 3,840

    @stickguy said:
    thought so. We never got a full cake from there (never had the need for a big one, and my wife makes her own for birthdays, etc.). But for her birthday, I go there to get something special (you don't want a cake I baked!)

    I actually will get a couple of their giant cupcakes. Can only eat 1/2 of one at a time, so get 2 days dessert from it. Kinda like a small cake, but you get 2 varieties! There are exceptionally good.

    You’re making me hungry. I like chocolate cake with chocolate icing but will settle for vanilla icing but I don’t want a vanilla cake even if it has chocolate icing. Damn, I’m still hungry.

    jmonroe

    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 3,903
    Anyone want any apples? We went apple picking today in the Berkshires, got about 70 lbs of apples. Along with a couple of dozen apple cider donuts, apple turnovers, apple muffins, apple cider... And I got two chocolate chip cookies, ever the rebel.

    Went to the Norman Rockwell Museum, very interesting (his Ruby Bridges painting is heartbreakingly poignant). And, several free electric charging points in the parking lot, but we took her Mazda, not my A7e. D'OH!

    A fond, but bittersweet adieu to my '13 Jaguar XF. And so, I present this laurel, and hearty handshake to the new boss; '21 Audi A7 PHEV. '09 Jag XK , '05 Acura TL, '88 Acura Integra, '84 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo & '78 VW Scirocco ; all special to me. And, of course, the '92 Nissan Sentra SE-R and '95 Saab 900s I bought for the ex... I've yet to buy a car I didn't like. Although, do I really want to drive a car that would have someone such as me as its owner?

  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaMember Posts: 11,926

    @laurasdada said:
    Anyone want any apples? We went apple picking today in the Berkshires, got about 70 lbs of apples. Along with a couple of dozen apple cider donuts, apple turnovers, apple muffins, apple cider... And I got two chocolate chip cookies, ever the rebel.

    Went to the Norman Rockwell Museum, very interesting (his Ruby Bridges painting is heartbreakingly poignant). And, several free electric charging points in the parking lot, but we took her Mazda, not my A7e. D'OH!

    Pick up any Apple iPhones or iPads?

    2021 Genesis G90

  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaMember Posts: 11,926

    @jmonroe1 said:

    @stickguy said:
    thought so. We never got a full cake from there (never had the need for a big one, and my wife makes her own for birthdays, etc.). But for her birthday, I go there to get something special (you don't want a cake I baked!)

    I actually will get a couple of their giant cupcakes. Can only eat 1/2 of one at a time, so get 2 days dessert from it. Kinda like a small cake, but you get 2 varieties! There are exceptionally good.

    You’re making me hungry. I like chocolate cake with chocolate icing but will settle for vanilla icing but I don’t want a vanilla cake even if it has chocolate icing. Damn, I’m still hungry.

    jmonroe

    Picky, picky, picky! 🤪😜🤓

    2021 Genesis G90

  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 44,668
    And I gave my wife grief when we went apple picking last month in the finger lakes and she made me drag 20 pounds of apples home. It has been a full month since we got back, and still haven't used them all.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD , 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Ecoboost FWD.

  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Member Posts: 26,187
    Does anyone use alerts on siriusxm to "tag" songs or artists?

    I decided to try that setting for a group I like to hear. Does it give
    an alert on the artist being played on _any_ siriusxm channel or
    just on the channel where the artist's music was being played
    when tagged for the alerts?

    I've tried looking it up on the internet, but the wording always
    says "when being played on a channel." It doesn't clarify whether
    that means the original channel from which selected, or any of the
    channels preset on that radio unit, or on any channel on the
    realm of siriusxm broadcast to vehicles.

    2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Member Posts: 26,187
    stickguy said:

    And I gave my wife grief when we went apple picking last month in the finger lakes and she made me drag 20 pounds of apples home. It has been a full month since we got back, and still haven't used them all.

    An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
    Eat up.

    2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Member Posts: 18,221

    @imidazol97 said:
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
    Eat up.

    My sister is a doctor, no matter how many apples I eat she still shows up at my house.

    2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

  • driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moMember Posts: 29,904
    Teens have their texting codes (LOL, OMG, TTYL, etc.).
    Not to be outdone by these kids, now senior members have their own short-hand codes.
    ATD - At the Doctor's
    BFF - Best Friend's Funeral
    BTW - Bring the Wheelchair
    BYOT - Bring your own teeth
    CUATSC - See You at the Senior Center
    DWI - Driving While Incontinent
    FWIW - Forgot Where I Was
    FYI - Found Your Insulin
    GGPBL - Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low
    GHA - Got Heartburn Again
    LOL - Living on Lipitor
    TOT - Texting on Toilet
    TTYL - Talk to You Louder
    WTP - Where are the Prunes?
    Hope these help .....

    GGLKI ! (Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking In)

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 54,451
    Just hoping the weather cooperates - roll of the dice here in November. And this time, I will hire a moving company (for my relatively small amount of furniture).
    tjc78 said:

    @fintail said:

    You mean the house?

    Set to close by the end of next week - appraisal actually wasn't a hold up (came in almost 10% over list, I was a little concerned, but this is a wild market), underwriting and the holiday are apparently a slight bottleneck. Hoping to have some cosmetic renovations completed and move in a week or two before Thanksgiving.

    Sold sign is already up:

    Awesome. I settled on my first house right before Thanksgiving.


  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 15,454

    Does anyone use alerts on siriusxm to "tag" songs or artists?

    I decided to try that setting for a group I like to hear. Does it give
    an alert on the artist being played on _any_ siriusxm channel or
    just on the channel where the artist's music was being played
    when tagged for the alerts?

    I've tried looking it up on the internet, but the wording always
    says "when being played on a channel." It doesn't clarify whether
    that means the original channel from which selected, or any of the
    channels preset on that radio unit, or on any channel on the
    realm of siriusxm broadcast to vehicles.

    My 2 Series lets me pick favorite songs or artists and when one comes on I get a notification in the main iDrive display.

    Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 3,840

    @abacomike said:

    @jmonroe1 said:

    @stickguy said:
    thought so. We never got a full cake from there (never had the need for a big one, and my wife makes her own for birthdays, etc.). But for her birthday, I go there to get something special (you don't want a cake I baked!)

    I actually will get a couple of their giant cupcakes. Can only eat 1/2 of one at a time, so get 2 days dessert from it. Kinda like a small cake, but you get 2 varieties! There are exceptionally good.

    You’re making me hungry. I like chocolate cake with chocolate icing but will settle for vanilla icing but I don’t want a vanilla cake even if it has chocolate icing. Damn, I’m still hungry.

    jmonroe

    Picky, picky, picky! 🤪😜🤓

    And what’s wrong with that? You sound like the woman I slept with last night. 😫

    jmonroe

    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 3,840

    @stickguy said:
    And I gave my wife grief when we went apple picking last month in the finger lakes and she made me drag 20 pounds of apples home. It has been a full month since we got back, and still haven't used them all.

    You could share them ya know. 😫

    jmonroe

    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Member Posts: 18,221
    jmonroe1 said:

    @abacomike said:

    @jmonroe1 said:

    @stickguy said:

    thought so. We never got a full cake from there (never had the need for a big one, and my wife makes her own for birthdays, etc.). But for her birthday, I go there to get something special (you don't want a cake I baked!)

    I actually will get a couple of their giant cupcakes. Can only eat 1/2 of one at a time, so get 2 days dessert from it. Kinda like a small cake, but you get 2 varieties! There are exceptionally good.

    You’re making me hungry. I like chocolate cake with chocolate icing but will settle for vanilla icing but I don’t want a vanilla cake even if it has chocolate icing. Damn, I’m still hungry.

    jmonroe

    Picky, picky, picky! 🤪😜🤓

    And what’s wrong with that? You sound like the woman I slept with last night. 😫

    jmonroe


    Why do you leave yourself open like that?

    2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

  • driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moMember Posts: 29,904
    jmonroe1 said:

    @abacomike said:

    @jmonroe1 said:

    @stickguy said:

    thought so. We never got a full cake from there (never had the need for a big one, and my wife makes her own for birthdays, etc.). But for her birthday, I go there to get something special (you don't want a cake I baked!)

    I actually will get a couple of their giant cupcakes. Can only eat 1/2 of one at a time, so get 2 days dessert from it. Kinda like a small cake, but you get 2 varieties! There are exceptionally good.

    You’re making me hungry. I like chocolate cake with chocolate icing but will settle for vanilla icing but I don’t want a vanilla cake even if it has chocolate icing. Damn, I’m still hungry.

    jmonroe

    Picky, picky, picky! 🤪😜🤓

    And what’s wrong with that? You sound like the woman I slept with last night. 😫

    jmonroe


    No personal problems please....write to Dear Abbey! :o

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZMember Posts: 5,216
    Abby and Ann Landers both died (they were sisters) decades ago. Since you post all kinds of stuff you've lifted from other places, it might be time to find something more current.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 3,840

    @snakeweasel said:
    Why do you leave yourself open like that?

    You know me. I can handle it. :D

    jmonroe

    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 3,840

    @driver100 said:
    No personal problems please....write to Dear Abbey! :o

    You also know me. I’m a DIYer.

    jmonroe

    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 44,668

    Dear abbeys daughter took over the column. So she still is writing I assume. Not sure about Ann but I think that was a fictitious name anyway.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD , 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Ecoboost FWD.

  • driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moMember Posts: 29,904
    edited October 2021

    Abby and Ann Landers both died (they were sisters) decades ago. Since you post all kinds of stuff you've lifted from other places, it might be time to find something more current.

    Thanks for the wealth of knowledge. I used Abby because of her name recognition, I know she died some time ago.
    Saying Dear Karen might not be as well known.

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • sdasda Indian Land, SCMember Posts: 5,167
    Karen would just tell you to buzz off. :D

    2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Coral Springs, FLMember Posts: 6,101
    Fin, the house looks really nice. The Fintail looks right at home to. So glad it has a garage as I know you'll be using it like w do ours. When you get a chance, snap some more pics for us to see. Mazel on the new house and may it be the start of some happy memories!

    2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2)

  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Member Posts: 26,187
    edited October 2021
    fintail said:

    You mean the house?

    Set to close by the end of next week - appraisal actually wasn't a hold up (came in almost 10% over list, I was a little concerned, but this is a wild market), underwriting and the holiday are apparently a slight bottleneck. Hoping to have some cosmetic renovations completed and move in a week or two before Thanksgiving.

    Sold sign is already up:





    tjc78 said:

    @fintail

    You settle yet?

    The house an garage look really nice. The color of the siding is great. Goes well with the Fintail's blue.
    I love the 3 car width driveway. I hope it's as wide as it looks in the photo.
    Which city is this in? I'm not sure where you moved to when you left Seattle; I know you
    said it is in eastern Washington.

    We have a two-car garage with a 15-foot door. We widened the driveway by 9 inches on each
    side this summer when we had it redone. That gives room on each side to step out of the cars
    if they are both out without stepping into the grass or snow.

    Is heating gas or heat pump?

    2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 3,840

    fintail said:

    You mean the house?

    Set to close by the end of next week - appraisal actually wasn't a hold up (came in almost 10% over list, I was a little concerned, but this is a wild market), underwriting and the holiday are apparently a slight bottleneck. Hoping to have some cosmetic renovations completed and move in a week or two before Thanksgiving.

    Sold sign is already up:





    tjc78 said:

    @fintail

    You settle yet?

    The house an garage look really nice. The color of the siding is great. Goes well with the Fintail's blue.
    I love the 3 car width driveway. I hope it's as wide as it looks in the photo.
    Which city is this in? I'm not sure where you moved to when you left Seattle; I know you
    said it is in eastern Washington.

    We have a two-car garage with a 15-foot door. We widened the driveway by 9 inches on each
    side this summer when we had it redone. That gives room on each side to step out of the cars
    if they are both out without stepping into the grass or snow.

    Is heating gas or heat pump?
    For a quick second there I thought you were going to say “without stepping in something”. :s

    jmonroe
    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 3,840
    fintail said:

    You mean the house?

    Set to close by the end of next week - appraisal actually wasn't a hold up (came in almost 10% over list, I was a little concerned, but this is a wild market), underwriting and the holiday are apparently a slight bottleneck. Hoping to have some cosmetic renovations completed and move in a week or two before Thanksgiving.

    Sold sign is already up:





    tjc78 said:

    @fintail

    You settle yet?

    Somehow I missed this. Looks good. I guess that is a detached garage connected by a breezeway to the house. Sure makes it look like a BIG homestead with that type of design.

    Good luck with it.

    jmonroe
    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaMember Posts: 11,926

    @fintail said:
    There are several Mennonite and Hutterite groups in eastern WA and MT. They seem to embrace modern tech more than the old order Amish type groups, but still retain some tradition. They appear to be capable farmers, and have large operations.

    Was the Radarrange in kind of a chrome case? I remember those when I was a little kid,

    Yes, the RadarRange was encased in chrome and was small in comparison to what we now have available for countertops. But they worked perfectly as they promised.

    2021 Genesis G90

  • sdasda Indian Land, SCMember Posts: 5,167
    edited October 2021
    abacomike said:

    @fintail said:

    There are several Mennonite and Hutterite groups in eastern WA and MT. They seem to embrace modern tech more than the old order Amish type groups, but still retain some tradition. They appear to be capable farmers, and have large operations.

    Was the Radarrange in kind of a chrome case? I remember those when I was a little kid,

    Yes, the RadarRange was encased in chrome and was small in comparison to what we now have available for countertops. But they worked perfectly as they promised.


    They were expensive and very heavy. Mom was delighted when dad bought her one in 1978. It had one of the first touch screen control panels. Unlike microwaves today, the door ‘locked’ while in use.

    2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 202,876
    My friend's Dad worked for Litton, and they had the first microwave in the neighborhood. :)

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moMember Posts: 29,904
    btw....it is Thanksgiving Day in Canada today....Happy Turkey Day ab!
    We had a great turkey dinner on Saturday, and then we can celebrate again on November 25th when we are in Florida....I like to honor both T-Giving Days! :)

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 54,451
    I suspected it lasted longer than many newer models, too.

    I recall our family's first microwave was in the early 80s, I am pretty sure it was a Frigidaire brand and had a woodgrained metal case, and also a touch screen. I think it lasted until around 2010.
    abacomike said:

    @fintail said:

    There are several Mennonite and Hutterite groups in eastern WA and MT. They seem to embrace modern tech more than the old order Amish type groups, but still retain some tradition. They appear to be capable farmers, and have large operations.

    Was the Radarrange in kind of a chrome case? I remember those when I was a little kid,

    Yes, the RadarRange was encased in chrome and was small in comparison to what we now have available for countertops. But they worked perfectly as they promised.


  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 3,840
    driver100 said:

    btw....it is Thanksgiving Day in Canada today....Happy Turkey Day ab!
    We had a great turkey dinner on Saturday, and then we can celebrate again on November 25th when we are in Florida....I like to honor both T-Giving Days! :)

    HINT: Today is Columbus day not Thanksgiving. Once again you are going to double dip Thanksgiving, that's OK. I could go for another big turkey myself since they are sooo good the way Mrs. j does it.

    jmonroe
    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 2,135

    No, it is Indigenous People’s Day

Sign In or Register to comment.