Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaMember Posts: 16,232
    tjc78 said:

I’ve watched some of that too. Good stuff. If you can believe it Tom Silva is Tik Tok with his daughter. Does some goofy stuff, but also tutorials and such.

I like Tom. He seems to be a good guy with a sense of humor, but explaining why his technique for doing something is what it is really isn't his strong suit. When he gets into certain things he just starts babbling and throwing out numbers and measurements without much reasoning as to why. On one of the newer shows recently he was measuring a beam for saw cuts (might have been a roof rafter) and everything made sense until he threw out what seemed like some random numbers he had in his head without any explanation. I remember another time he was fitting a new prehung door (which was built level and plumb) into an existing opening in an old house which was crooked, and his technique was like voodoo. Whatever explanations he offered in the process just seemed completely pulled from thin air.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Member Posts: 18,242

Happy Empty Hotdog day everyone.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moMember Posts: 29,924

Happy Empty Hotdog day everyone.

So it's National Hotdog Day in the U.S. and Canada, what is the "Empty" part?

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

Glad I could provide the straight line :D

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Member Posts: 26,205
    driver100 said:

You sure fell for that one.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 19,362
    My credit union offers new car loans for 1.74%. I wonder if those who get offered absurdly high rates are the same ones who didn’t pay rent during the past 18 months.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• ventureventure Central PAMember Posts: 2,238

My credit union offers new car loans for 1.74%. I wonder if those who get offered absurdly high rates are the same ones who didn’t pay rent during the past 18 months.
    I know a few people who are driving cars I know they shouldn't be driving - cost to income ratio-wise.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2020 Legacy Touring XT

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 3,910
    venture said:

I know a few people who are driving cars I know they shouldn't be driving - cost to income ratio-wise.
    But I got 0% financing!

A fond, but bittersweet adieu to my '13 Jaguar XF. And so, I present this laurel, and hearty handshake to the new boss; '21 Audi A7 PHEV. '09 Jag XK , '05 Acura TL, '88 Acura Integra, '84 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo & '78 VW Scirocco ; all special to me. And, of course, the '92 Nissan Sentra SE-R and '95 Saab 900s I bought for the ex... I've yet to buy a car I didn't like. Although, do I really want to drive a car that would have someone such as me as its owner?

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 3,887

venture said:

But I got 0% financing!
    For 7 years. And these are the same people who tire of a car in 2 years and can’t figure out why they are always upside down.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)

driver100 said:

It was worth it!

I heard this on the radio and I found it is true.

The percentage of revolvers fell during that same time period, to a record low of 40.7% of all accounts

About 40% of people actually pay about 19% interest by not paying off their credit card....and they pay it on the total amount charged....every month.

Which leads to something like this;

$18,500, the balance owing on the credit card
    19.9%, the annual interest rate (APR) on the card
    2%, the minimum required payment (starts at $370/mth)
    97, the number of years to pay off the debt
    $87,940, the amount of interest you’ll pay

Ouch!

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 199,284
    For @fintail - this album was released 47 years ago tomorrow.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 54,372
    Wir fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n auf der Autobahn.

Geez, it's older than me. Just like the car!

There's a very good timelapse of now-vintage Autobahn driving with the song - ah the lane discipline:

Michaell said:

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 15,459
    Michaell said:

The following is a post I made on another site after learning of the death of Kraftwerk co-founder Florian Schneider in April 2020:

Back in the '70s there were a few FM stations in Louisville that were actually adventurous- you might hear Dan Fogelberg book ended by Alice Cooper and Yes- or maybe Harry Chapin followed by Black Oak Arkansas or Randy Newman. In the glorious midst of all that I first remember hearing Autobahn. Being half German and already enamored with the sport sedans of Bavaria, Kraftwerk's electronic sound was a natural fit for me. Decades later my wife and I were driving to Chicago in the Club Sport; as we sped up I-65 I had the 2009 Remaster of Autobahn in the CD changer. When we drove through the Meadow Lake Wind Farm past hundreds of wind turbines the CD was the perfect soundtrack- "Wir fahren, fahren, fahren auf der Autobahn"
    Danke, Herr Schneider.

You might want to give Kraftwerk's 1977 album Trans Europa Express a listen as well.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

Michaell said:

The following is a post I made on another site after learning of the death of Kraftwerk co-founder Florian Schneider in April 2020:

Back in the '70s there were a few FM stations in Louisville that were actually adventurous- you might hear Dan Fogelberg book ended by Alice Cooper and Yes- or maybe Harry Chapin followed by Black Oak Arkansas or Randy Newman. In the glorious midst of all that I first remember hearing Autobahn. Being half German and already enamored with the sport sedans of Bavaria, Kraftwerk's electronic sound was a natural fit for me. Decades later my wife and I were driving to Chicago in the Club Sport; as we sped up I-65 I had the 2009 Remaster of Autobahn in the CD changer. When we drove through the Meadow Lake Wind Farm past hundreds of wind turbines the CD was the perfect soundtrack- "Wir fahren, fahren, fahren auf der Autobahn"
    Danke, Herr Schneider.

You might want to give Kraftwerk's 1977 album Trans Europa Express a listen as well.
    When I had XM in my car, it was stuck on First Wave (ch 33) and they would play some Kraftwerk on a semi-regular basis.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

driver100 said:

The percentage of revolvers fell during that same time period, to a record low of 40.7% of all accounts

About 40% of people actually pay about 19% interest by not paying off their credit card....and they pay it on the total amount charged....every month.

Ouch!
    As has been said many times - It's expensive to be poor.

If those numbers are correct, I assume it is without charging any more to the card.

Yesterday was a very wet and gray day here with day-long rain and some periods of wind that whipped it around so it resembled the inside of a car wash. The curmudgeon in me welcomed it being that I have always despised Halloween, even as a little kid, so the weather dampened down the numbers to nearly zero kids threatening to extort candy. I always have had the Larry David attitude towards the day.

Things mostly cleared up today and the roof crew was here at first light. Stripping off the old roof as I write this and hopefully it is only a 1-day job to complete the whole thing.

• sdasda Indian Land, SCMember Posts: 5,185
    edited November 2021
    ab348 said:

Yesterday was a very wet and gray day here with day-long rain and some periods of wind that whipped it around so it resembled the inside of a car wash. The curmudgeon in me welcomed it being that I have always despised Halloween, even as a little kid, so the weather dampened down the numbers to nearly zero kids threatening to extort candy. I always have had the Larry David attitude towards the day.

Things mostly cleared up today and the roof crew was here at first light. Stripping off the old roof as I write this and hopefully it is only a 1-day job to complete the whole thing.

Too funny, love it. Good luck with the roofers. Pics before and after.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

@driver100 said:

Ouch!

I ran the numbers. At 19.9% paying just 2% of the balance each month after 97 years you will still owe about $235.00 and have paid just under $81,000 in interest.

If you paid at least 2% or $25 a month. it would take 69 years with about $77,750 in interest. If you kept making the original payment it would be 8 years 8 months with a little more than 20K in interest.

edited November 2021
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

It was worth it!
    LOL

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 44,611

Expensive weekend. Finally got a bunch of outside work done (replacing rotted trim, gutter guards and recaulking and painting all the trim) and after I handed an envelope of cash to the painter (that hurt my soul) I came inside to the wife asking why it was wet under the kitchen sink. After pulling everything out from there, discovered a leak. The disposal was rusty and apparently developed a little crack so water was dripping out slowly.

Thankfully there was a coffee can right under it with brushes in it that caught the drip. Saving damage to cabinet. But not my wallet. Plumber should be here shortly. After looking at all the connections and pipes, I figured if I had to I could probably do it, but for the small $ to have him show up and do it right, the guy was hired.

Tired of spending money on stuff that is not fun since it isn’t new.

But at least the outside of the house looks completely revitalized! Much easier to sell looking fresh and clean.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD , 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Ecoboost FWD.

stickguy said:

Expensive weekend. Finally got a bunch of outside work done (replacing rotted trim, gutter guards and recaulking and painting all the trim) and after I handed an envelope of cash to the painter (that hurt my soul) I came inside to the wife asking why it was wet under the kitchen sink. After pulling everything out from there, discovered a leak. The disposal was rusty and apparently developed a little crack so water was dripping out slowly.

Thankfully there was a coffee can right under it with brushes in it that caught the drip. Saving damage to cabinet. But not my wallet. Plumber should be here shortly. After looking at all the connections and pipes, I figured if I had to I could probably do it, but for the small $ to have him show up and do it right, the guy was hired.

But at least the outside of the house looks completely revitalized! Much easier to sell looking fresh and clean.

Ouch. But, stuff that needs to be done when you put it on the market, even the little things.

I gotta get the Outback in for service. I think we've only put 6 or 7K on it in the last 12 months, but there are some things that need to be addressed based on time, not mileage.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• abacomikeabacomike South FloridaMember Posts: 11,942

Finally my son called me last night and we spoke for over 1-1/2 hours. He is not doing well emotionally and physically. I am as worried about his emotional instability as I am his cancer.

He told me the tumor is encroached in his spinal column at C1/C2 levels of his spine. His chemo is delivered via pills he takes several times a week.

But I am relieved he got up the nerve and strength to call me. He is seeing a counselor for emotional help. I just wish I could handle a 5-1/2 hour plane trip out there but I am hardly able to handle a shower every morning.

Have an appt with the neurosurgeon tomorrow morning. I pray he can help me.

2021 Genesis G90

Fun with the BMW. This weekend we had some pretty nice weather and me and Mrs. Snakeweasel were out in the BMW. Well she wanted thetopdown so we brought the top down and once all the way down we got a warning that the top was not locked in place. We tried to get it to lock in place by operating the top but it wouldn't operate at all.

Well we went home and the first thing I checked were the fuses, they were all good. So I looked for help on the internet and found none. So I decided I would drive on to work today and get someone to manually raise the top after work.

This morning, in the dark of night and temperature of 32 degrees ( zero degrees for Driver) I get I'm the car, start it up and try the top again with no success. So I rolled up the windows, cranked up the heat, turned on the heated seats and steering wheel and turned on the neck warmer. And with that I drove to work with the top down in 32 degree weather in the dark of pre-dawn. Actually like that I was rather warm.

Well I got to work and after I parked I tried to close the top more time. The top came up with no issues. The only thing I can think of is it had something to do with the position of the windows.

Plumber was in and out quick. Nice watching an expert with the right tools and no instructions required. Seemed to be a few tricks involved (swapping over some parts, and electrical). Likely in the category of “I could have done it, though good chance of screwing something up, and I really did not want to mess with it”. Worth the extra $100 for install to just write the check and move on!

Convertible tops should be manual. I never would have had that problem with the Miata!

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Coral Springs, FLMember Posts: 6,105
    That's why we have a service contract for our house. They came last year to fix/replace the old disposal. Since it wasn't fixable, they threw in a new one which happened to be free on our particular policy. Having some sink issues in the guest bath right now so will call later & make an appointment for them to come out & fix it. I like the peace of mind it gives and the price/year ain't bad at all. Since I'm not handy, it's really a no brainer for us. And we always use it at least 6 or 7 times a year so it pays for itself.

2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2)

stickguy said:

Plumber was in and out quick. Nice watching an expert with the right tools and no instructions required. Seemed to be a few tricks involved (swapping over some parts, and electrical). Likely in the category of “I could have done it, though good chance of screwing something up, and I really did not want to mess with it”. Worth the extra $100 for install to just write the check and move on!

I learned that long ago. Despite watching This Old House episodes about how to do everything yourself (especially if you have all the million dollars of equipment as did the "experts" on the show), I didn't try to do the double garage door myself. The installer knew exactly where to tack a nail to hold the door panel in place as he worked. He did it so fast. I would have spent all day manhandling those 16 foot things...

Still at home dealing with a case of vertigo. Was in bed almost a week and didn't work at all last week. Went to see the doc and he said it'll have to run it's course basically just like it did back in 2018. Finally at the point where I can sit in a chair now but when I get up, the world starts spinning and I feel like I'm going to pass out. Driving is not on the table right now as it's just not safe. Enterprise has been fine with it but the Toyota folks, not so much. But, since I plan to quit later on this week, not an issue. Funny, I've never quit a job before so not quite sure how one does it. Just going to be honest & say it's for health reasons which is the truth. Working those extra 12 hours has put me at 40 and some weeks over that, which is more than I want or can handle truthfully.
    Turning 67 today and really time to take care of my health as it's not a given by any stretch. Since losing my twin brother to cancer in January, I've had to look at life in a different way. I'm the last child out of four to still be alive, the other two never made it past 59, so taking care of myself is a top priority now. And going back to one job, three days a week is really the best thing to do.

2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2)

In the past I installed new garage door openers. A zero fun job. And that’s before I got old and don’t like working up on a tall stepladder. So paying a relatively small amount (in that $100 range) for the pro to bring one out and put it in, then adjust the door perfectly, is an easy call. Same with getting someone to replace my outside flood lights. Under the eaves and about 20’ off the ground. Nope, not going up that ladder.

Inside painting, that’s way too expensive to farm out.

• sdasda Indian Land, SCMember Posts: 5,185
    @Sandman6472

Happy Birthday 🎂 Hope you can enjoy it and get well soon.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

ab348 said:

Remember, 6 nails hand hammered.

jmonroe
    I know, being in bed on your birthday really sucks big time!!!

Still at home dealing with a case of vertigo. Was in bed almost a week and didn't work at all last week. Went to see the doc and he said it'll have to run it's course basically just like it did back in 2018. Finally at the point where I can sit in a chair now but when I get up, the world starts spinning and I feel like I'm going to pass out. Driving is not on the table right now as it's just not safe. Enterprise has been fine with it but the Toyota folks, not so much. But, since I plan to quit later on this week, not an issue. Funny, I've never quit a job before so not quite sure how one does it. Just going to be honest & say it's for health reasons which is the truth. Working those extra 12 hours has put me at 40 and some weeks over that, which is more than I want or can handle truthfully.
    Turning 67 today and really time to take care of my health as it's not a given by any stretch. Since losing my twin brother to cancer in January, I've had to look at life in a different way. I'm the last child out of four to still be alive, the other two never made it past 59, so taking care of myself is a top priority now. And going back to one job, three days a week is really the best thing to do.

Happy birthday!

My younger brother passed a few months ago. You are right, it changes how you look at things.

If you are going to quit Toyota, you should call and let them know so they can try to find someone else.

ab348 said:

I have always despised Halloween, even as a little kid, so the weather dampened down the numbers to nearly zero kids threatening to extort candy. I always have had the Larry David attitude towards the day.

I have had older teenagers come to the door....without a costume. Aggravating! Something inside me said just give them some candy, I am glad I did after seeing that.

Well she wanted thetopdown so we brought the top down and once all the way down we got a warning that the top was not locked in place. We tried to get it to lock in place by operating the top but it wouldn't operate at all.

This morning, in the dark of night and temperature of 32 degrees ( zero degrees for Driver) I get I'm the car, start it up and try the top again with no success.

It is really odd how things can suddenly work....sometimes turning off the car and restarting it seems to reboot it....like a computer. Once my fancy computer instrumenta panel didn't light up. I pulled over, turned the car off and on and it all came back. Makes me worry about what can go wrong when it gets a bit older.

Our temperature went down to 2C which is about 35F or 36F, not 0F (zero).
    When we walked Trixie at 8 a.m. it was 7C or 46F.....and I thought........I am ready for Florida!

Michaell said:

stickguy said:

Ouch. But, stuff that needs to be done when you put it on the market, even the little things.

I gotta get the Outback in for service. I think we've only put 6 or 7K on it in the last 12 months, but there are some things that need to be addressed based on time, not mileage.
    The C250 has gone 0 (zero) miles in 20 months, there will be some things that will need to be done, based on time and not mileage as well. It had about 6000 miles on the oil that is in it.

edited November 2021
    driver100 said:

Ouch!
    And yet they still charge away.

Years ago my main CC was with Chase and they were charging me about 10% interest. It really didn’t matter since I always pay my card in full each month. They even asked me if I wanted a reduction but I never pursued it.

Then Congress passed some laws to “help” the consumer and Chase jacked up the rate to 21% despite my top tier credit.

Even though it had no financial impact since I never ran a balance I stopped using the card just on general principle.

Maybe some people don’t know or don’t care when that kind of stuff happens and they continue to charge up everything.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 15,459
    I put 99% of my expenditures on one of two cards and pay them off in full every month. I may replace one with a BMW affinity card as it offers things like discounts on Performance Center schools- a very important factor since BMW is opening the M Driving Experience Center at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in 2022.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

abacomike said:

Finally my son called me last night and we spoke for over 1-1/2 hours. He is not doing well emotionally and physically. I am as worried about his emotional instability as I am his cancer.

He told me the tumor is encroached in his spinal column at C1/C2 levels of his spine. His chemo is delivered via pills he takes several times a week.

But I am relieved he got up the nerve and strength to call me. He is seeing a counselor for emotional help. I just wish I could handle a 5-1/2 hour plane trip out there but I am hardly able to handle a shower every morning.

Have an appt with the neurosurgeon tomorrow morning. I pray he can help me.

Man, you really have been given a full plate. Life is unfair.

• abacomikeabacomike South FloridaMember Posts: 11,942
    edited November 2021

@oldfarmer50 said:
    And yet they still charge away.

Years ago my main CC was with Chase and they were charging me about 10% interest. It really didn’t matter since I always pay my card in full each month. They even asked me if I wanted a reduction but I never pursued it.

Then Congress passed some laws to “help” the consumer and Chase jacked up the rate to 21% despite my top tier credit.

Even though it had no financial impact since I never ran a balance I stopped using the card just on general principle.

Maybe some people don’t know or don’t care when that kind of stuff happens and they continue to charge up everything.

Unfortunately, there are many people who use their credit cards to literally live on because they don’t have enough money to pay down their debt due to unemployment or medical bills, etc.

I do the same thing you do - pay the balance every month.

But the 23% or 22% interest rate is outrageous considering the Fed’s interest rate is still 0%. That borders on usury!

2021 Genesis G90

Use a couple credit cards also but like others here, always pay them off at months end. In 2018 while in the hospital, missed the pay date by a day and was charged a late fee, first time ever! Called & after explaining the situation, the $26 was taken off and it has never happened again. Many times, I even pay a bit over so they owe me for part of the month. Just hate owing money to anyone and just don't buy if the money ain't there. Kids have also learned to live below their means so they obviously all saw what we were doing and followed suit.
    I've set things up so when I do pass, the three of them will just get what's left. Took the oldest to the bank awhile ago and put her on all my accounts as a designated signer/owner and she knows that when that time does come, she'll give the other two their 1/3 and be done with it. Still need to get the house put into a trust so it'll be an easy transfer when that time does come. It's great that all three of them get along so well, unlike my situation with my deceased siblings. I had to keep my eyes open all the time & caught them trying to move things around without me knowing. Caught them four times trying to hide shared assets and when confronted, they didn't seem to care which baffled me. They couldn't keep their lies straight and they unknowingly tripped each other up by not having the same story each time. Worst part was the oldest was an attorney though her ethical compass was totally screwed up! Our three are pretty honest kids so know there will be no issues when that time does come. Money & a dysfunctional family seem to bring out the very worst in some people which was a hard thing to deal with but I dealt with it best I could. The ironic part of it all was that at the end, it all fell into my lap to figure out & distribute the assets which I did as honestly as possible. Even the lawyer complimented me on how I finally got the whole mess figured out & distributed in a timely manner. Having a wife who is a CPA helped a whole lot though getting through a lot of paperwork.

Unfortunately, if a person has to put $18,500 on their credit card, then they probably shouldn't have a credit card. They should take out a loan or arrange a line-of credit....to put that much on a credit card is ridiculous, unless it gets paid off immediately.

I am pretty sure I only charged something on my credit card once that I couldn't pay off at the end of the month. This would have happened about 30 years ago, my TV broke, I wanted one fast, I think the TV I bought was about $800. I knew I could pay about $400 a month....so I decided to get the TV and make myself pay it off in 2 months. It made sense to me, I'd have the TV, and though I'd pay a premium amount of interest, at least I had a TV for those two months...it made sense at the time.

Roof work continues today. The 2-man crew left here yesterday at around 3PM after stripping off the old roof and putting down the underlayment for the new shingles.

One unwelcome twist - while the roof sheathing was in good shape underneath everything, I had a chimney that has been unused and capped for the last 15 years. Despite having it repointed at some point during that time, they discovered that it was literally falling apart. I always wanted it gone anyway, so as step 1 of getting rid of it entirely I gave them the go ahead to remove the part above the roof and re-sheath the opening. The guy on the roof was able to remove it with just his bare hands in just a few minutes, such was how loose it was.
    jmonroe1 said:

Remember, 6 nails hand hammered.

jmonroe

I'm sure you'd be as shocked as I was to see an episode of Ask This Old House (just yesterday) where the esteemed Tom Silva was helping teach a couple how to re-roof their garage. He was applying the shingles with an air nailer, 4 per shingle. Oh, the humanity! :D

venture said:

driver100 said:

Unfortunately, if a person has to put $18,500 on their credit card, then they probably shouldn't have a credit card. They should take out a loan or arrange a line-of credit....to put that much on a credit card is ridiculous, unless it gets paid off immediately.

I am pretty sure I only charged something on my credit card once that I couldn't pay off at the end of the month. This would have happened about 30 years ago, my TV broke, I wanted one fast, I think the TV I bought was about $800. I knew I could pay about $400 a month....so I decided to get the TV and make myself pay it off in 2 months. It made sense to me, I'd have the TV, and though I'd pay a premium amount of interest, at least I had a TV for those two months...it made sense at the time.

It makes sense now too.

BTW - Here's a picture of our black granite sink for your enjoyment. B)

Looks very nice. I guess Mrs. @venture picked that out.

BTW, that backsplash looks very familiar. Son #1 found it at Home Depot. We’ve installed that in our first 2 flips but when he told our real estate agent he planned to get a more upscale backsplash for flip #3 she said, “ DON’T DO THAT, because I like it and more importantly I got very good feedback on that tile with your first 2 flips. So don’t feel just because this house (flip #3) is a more upscale house it needs a more expensive tile”. When I said that he disagreed with me. FWIW, we also install that as the backsplash for all of the vanities and as an accent strip in the tub and shower areas.

jmonroe
    In our hall bath, we used that tile as an accent stripe around the tub (otherwise white and blue subway tile) and as vanity backsplash. Though it is in little squares, not rectangles, looks like same glass and colors. I like yours for a kitchen.

edited November 2021
    venture said:

driver100 said:

It makes sense now too.

BTW - Here's a picture of our black granite sink for your enjoyment. B)

That sink is about perfect....do you want to sell it? btw, the taps are exactly what we are looking for too....squarish, very low profile, tap attached on the top or side, pulls out it looks like, brushed chrome look, and I want a soap dispenser - low profile like that one - and square!