Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

1272127222724272627272815

Comments

  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 30,915

    My parlay today:

    49ers to win and the under
    Chiefs to win and the over

    10:1 odds. I’m 6 pts away from winning. Too bad I never bet more than $5 at a time. Lol.

    '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '21 WRX, '20 S90 T6, '22 4xE. 62-car history and counting! MB Sprinter and '92 Nissan Gloria on the way!

  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 45,682
    qbrozen said:

    Eagles made me very sad. Buccs had a little help from the zebras (of course), but Eagles mostly just beat themselves. So much odd play calling and bad on-field decisions.

    at least the Cowboys screwed up a game too!

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD , 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Ecoboost FWD.

  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 45,682
    ab348 said:

    The Bengals-Raiders game was very entertaining. Cowboys-49ers was one-sided until near the end when it got wild, but was spoiled by the Cowboys shooting themselves in the foot all day. I like Mike McCarthy’s personality but I don’t think he is a great coach. The other games were meh for me. The problem with expanding the playoffs is that you get lower quality teams in the bottom seeds and that gives poor game matchups.

    I am fine with it. At worst, the top team wins easy. At best, an underdog shocks them in an upset. If you just scrap the game entirely, you will never get that Cinderella ending.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD , 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Ecoboost FWD.

  • graphicguygraphicguy Edmunds Poster EmeritusMember Posts: 13,389
    Not sure why I’m in a whiny mood recently…maybe it’s the weather. Anyway, another complaint.

    I don’t order a lot on line, but some things that I can’t easily get from the usual brick and mortar sources, I find on line.

    I’m used to USPS, FedEx, UPS, Amazon delivering things. But, there’s a wealth of other delivery services that seem to have cropped up. ALL OF THEM want me to download their app to track my package. Is it really that much more difficult to just email/text me with a delivery date? Instead of having me download an app and tracking that way.

    I don’t need to track a shipment that badly. It’s not worth me giving my phone number to yet another source for people to send me unwanted emails, texts and messages. Not falling for it.
    2022 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 45,682
    I hope when they finally deliver, they at least stay off your lawn!

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD , 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Ecoboost FWD.

  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 45,682
    speaking of unexpected texts, I got one today from the service manager at the Ford dealership. Introducing them, and supplying a contact card, which is nice. And telling me that first service is due at 6 months so I should schedule that early (I actually need to check if there is a schedule or just maintenance minder indicator).

    but the big surprise, apparently at least the first service is complimentary, and nobody bothered to tell me when I bought it.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD , 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Ecoboost FWD.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 206,952
    Out my back door, this morning

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • sdasda Indian Land, SCMember Posts: 5,623

    Out my backdoor this morning. Careful they'll lick you to death!

    2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 4,505

    @kyfdx said:
    Out my back door, this morning

    Tomorrow morning tell us how you liked venison fillet.

    jmonroe

    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 206,952
    jmonroe1 said:

    @kyfdx said:

    Out my back door, this morning

    Tomorrow morning tell us how you liked venison fillet.

    jmonroe


    I tried lassoing one of them, but they're fast!

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Member Posts: 18,525
    jmonroe1 said:

    @kyfdx said:

    Out my back door, this morning

    Tomorrow morning tell us how you liked venison fillet.

    jmonroe


    By the looks of his neighbors grill they could get all of that cooked at one time.

    2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 4,505

    @kyfdx said:
    I tried lassoing one of them, but they're fast!

    Ah man, that ain’t the way you do it.

    jmonroe 😫😫

    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 4,505

    @sda said:
    Out my backdoor this morning. Careful they'll lick you to death!

    Do they wipe their feet when they come in? Don’t laugh, my brother’s dog does. It’s hilarious watching him do it.

    jmonroe

    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • sdasda Indian Land, SCMember Posts: 5,623
    jmonroe1 said:

    @sda said:

    Out my backdoor this morning. Careful they'll lick you to death!

    Do they wipe their feet when they come in? Don’t laugh, my brother’s dog does. It’s hilarious watching him do it.

    jmonroe


    I wish they did. To their chagrin I intercept them when they come in and dry their paws.

    2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

  • sdasda Indian Land, SCMember Posts: 5,623

    A fairly clean and serviceable 2.0 turbo engine compartment on the Passat. It runs perfectly on the recommended 87 octane.

    2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 15,772
    Everything but the Club Sport and the Wrangler spec PUG- but I installed a Turner/Conforti chip in the Club Sport so now it requires PUG as well.
    Such is life.

    Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 19,956
    Remember when?

    2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Member Posts: 26,393
    edited January 18
    Great video. Brings back so many memories!

    Ford should bring them back in a commercial today!
    I assume they are both still with us!

    Then


    Now


    2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaMember Posts: 16,877
    I've touted Harry Metcalfe's "Harry's Garage" YouTube channel here previously but yesterday was a grim day here with very cold temps, high winds and grey skies so I wasn't likely to do much. I spent some time watching a bunch of his road trip videos, where he takes an interesting car, either one of his own or a one borrowed from a manufacturer, on a trip either somewhere in the U.K. or the ones I really like, to somewhere elsewhere in Europe. In those the car plays a secondary role to the roads, the scenery and the places he visits. It really becomes an education, seeing him hit 200mph on the Autobahn, driving through mountain passes, seeing the (either) ancient buildings or new cutting-edge architecture roadside, experiencing the tunnels through mountains, or navigating around the rock formations on the Route Napoleon. A fun way to get the experience of travel when you are unable to do so.

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 4,505

    @ab348 said:
    I've touted Harry Metcalfe's "Harry's Garage" YouTube channel here previously but yesterday was a grim day here with very cold temps, high winds and grey skies so I wasn't likely to do much. I spent some time watching a bunch of his road trip videos, where he takes an interesting car, either one of his own or a one borrowed from a manufacturer, on a trip either somewhere in the U.K. or the ones I really like, to somewhere elsewhere in Europe. In those the car plays a secondary role to the roads, the scenery and the places he visits. It really becomes an education, seeing him hit 200mph on the Autobahn, driving through mountain passes, seeing the (either) ancient buildings or new cutting-edge architecture roadside, experiencing the tunnels through mountains, or navigating around the rock formations on the Route Napoleon. A fun way to get the experience of travel when you are unable to do so.

    That beats the hell out of me clearing my driveway of about 8 inches of snow yesterday and then being offered hot chocolate. 😫

    jmonroe

    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 19,956
    I don’t want to jinx my luck by mentioning it but the “storm of the century” left about 3” of snow in my driveway yesterday. Evidently we got into the snow shadow caused by mountains to the east and so while Vermont got 2 feet we were spared.
    Then, we were fortunate enough to be in a warm slot as higher temperatures came up the Hudson Valley and the precipitation turned to rain, melting a good portion.

    This is a rare treat for us to get into late January and have little snow on the ground.

    2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 54,866
    edited January 18
    Pretty cool. I have a thing for 60 Fords (back in the 90s my dad had a 60 Country Sedan, super cool car), have never seen that ad before.

    I wonder what the Mopar sponsor of the show thought of that.

    Remember when?

  • graphicguygraphicguy Edmunds Poster EmeritusMember Posts: 13,389

    I don’t want to jinx my luck by mentioning it but the “storm of the century” left about 3” of snow in my driveway yesterday. Evidently we got into the snow shadow caused by mountains to the east and so while Vermont got 2 feet we were spared.
    Then, we were fortunate enough to be in a warm slot as higher temperatures came up the Hudson Valley and the precipitation turned to rain, melting a good portion.

    This is a rare treat for us to get into late January and have little snow on the ground.

    interestingly, GF and I said the same thing last night. We probably got ½" of snow that stuck to the ground. Swept the steps off with a broom. All good!

    2022 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • sb55sb55 On an Island in VermontMember Posts: 570

    I don’t want to jinx my luck by mentioning it but the “storm of the century” left about 3” of snow in my driveway yesterday. Evidently we got into the snow shadow caused by mountains to the east and so while Vermont got 2 feet we were spared.
    Then, we were fortunate enough to be in a warm slot as higher temperatures came up the Hudson Valley and the precipitation turned to rain, melting a good portion.

    This is a rare treat for us to get into late January and have little snow on the ground.

    Up here near Burlington, we got more than than the 3-6" anticipated. About 9" here yesterday and today is windy, so now it's drifting around.

    2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Ext. cab with 6.2 V-8, 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT

  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTMember Posts: 17,366
    Spent an hour and a half clearing the snow/heavy slush yesterday.
    Didn't get offered anything when I finished up. ;)
    Over zealous snow plow driver took out about half the mailboxes on the other side of the street.
    The people that didn't cleanup after the last time the plow now have some nice ice chunks on the sidewalk and driveway that are going to be there for a while.
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 19,956

    Spent an hour and a half clearing the snow/heavy slush yesterday.
    Didn't get offered anything when I finished up. ;)
    Over zealous snow plow driver took out about half the mailboxes on the other side of the street.
    The people that didn't cleanup after the last time the plow now have some nice ice chunks on the sidewalk and driveway that are going to be there for a while.

    In our town if the plow guy takes your mailbox down they’ll send someone over to put in a new one.

    2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaMember Posts: 16,877
    Where I live the city is responsible for clearing the sidewalks thanks to an area rate on the tax bill. They used to do a reasonable job when I first moved here as they had these cool little articulating sidewalk plows that were designed for the job and could even be fitted with snow blower attachments if required. But apparently those have all aged out so now we get contractors using their own gear, which are usually Bobcats which are nowhere near as good and often get overmatched, especially if they try using the bucket as a plow blade which usually is the case.

    But last year and this we have gotten a guy in a Kubota tractor (not a garden tractor but a small farm tractor) with a plow blade that is wider than the sidewalk. Already the area FB group is reporting a lot of damage, not just to lawns but also to stone walls, steps and posts. The city is going to be on the hook for big bills come Spring, but they don't care about trying to get the job done right.

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTMember Posts: 17,366
    edited January 18
    The town, on the Highway Department page, states the town is not responsible for mail box damage due to snow plowing.

    "The Town will compensate for a damaged mailbox when the Director of Public Works, or his designee, determines that a plow physically hit the mailbox.
    This determination is made by observation of cut marks, paint off the plow blade, etc.
    In the event a mailbox or post is physically struck by the Town Highway Department snow plow/truck, it will be repaired or replaced only if the mailbox was installed properly.
    The repair or replacement by the Highway Department will be with a standard Post Office-approved mailbox and/or a pretreated 4" x 4" square wooden post.
    No mailbox or post will be repaired or replaced if the force of snow thrown by plows caused damage."

    Today, however, they were out there looking at the downed mailboxes on our street.
    Maybe there is mass casualty exception.
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 4,505

    @explorerx4 said:
    The town, on the Highway Department page, states the town is not responsible for mail box damage due to snow plowing.

    "The Town will compensate for a damaged mailbox when the Director of Public Works, or his designee, determines that a plow physically hit the mailbox.
    This determination is made by observation of cut marks, paint off the plow blade, etc.
    In the event a mailbox or post is physically struck by the Town Highway Department snow plow/truck, it will be repaired or replaced only if the mailbox was installed properly.
    The repair or replacement by the Highway Department will be with a standard Post Office-approved mailbox and/or a pretreated 4" x 4" square wooden post.
    No mailbox or post will be repaired or replaced if the force of snow thrown by plows caused damage."

    Today, however, they were out there looking at the downed mailboxes on our street.
    Maybe there is mass casualty exception.

    I’ve noticed the last few years to avoid that problem in my town the plow stays well away from the mail box post to the extent that the mail guy/gal had to grow longer arms to get at the mail box. And this has led to Mrs. j complaining to me that she can’t reach the mail box without donning boots to retrieve the delivered mail. A few times even that doesn’t work so I’ve been commissioned to get the mail those days. 😫

    jmonroe

    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 45,682
    I always end up shoveling out in front of the mailbox too.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD , 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Ecoboost FWD.

  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTMember Posts: 17,366
    Hope everyone is ordering their free covid tests: covidtests.gov
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 204,933

    Hope everyone is ordering their free covid tests: covidtests.gov

    I thought that started tomorrow.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 204,933
    stickguy said:

    I always end up shoveling out in front of the mailbox too.

    I guess there is an advantage of having shared mailboxes in the neighborhood - the HOA takes care of making them accessible.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTMember Posts: 17,366
    edited January 18
    @michaell,
    I thought so too, but my kids ordered there today. When I went to order, my wife had beat me to it too,
    Got forwarded an article from Detroit Free Press that it started a day early.
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Pittsburgh areaMember Posts: 4,505

    @explorerx4 said:
    @michaell,
    I thought so too, but my kids ordered there today. When I went to order, my wife had beat me to it too,
    Got forwarded an article from Detroit Free Press that it started a day early.

    Damn, I hope they don’t run out.

    jmonroe

    '15 Genesis just like jmonroe, '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaMember Posts: 12,043

    @jmonroe1 said:

    @explorerx4 said:
    The town, on the Highway Department page, states the town is not responsible for mail box damage due to snow plowing.

    "The Town will compensate for a damaged mailbox when the Director of Public Works, or his designee, determines that a plow physically hit the mailbox.
    This determination is made by observation of cut marks, paint off the plow blade, etc.
    In the event a mailbox or post is physically struck by the Town Highway Department snow plow/truck, it will be repaired or replaced only if the mailbox was installed properly.
    The repair or replacement by the Highway Department will be with a standard Post Office-approved mailbox and/or a pretreated 4" x 4" square wooden post.
    No mailbox or post will be repaired or replaced if the force of snow thrown by plows caused damage."

    Today, however, they were out there looking at the downed mailboxes on our street.
    Maybe there is mass casualty exception.

    I’ve noticed the last few years to avoid that problem in my town the plow stays well away from the mail box post to the extent that the mail guy/gal had to grow longer arms to get at the mail box. And this has led to Mrs. j complaining to me that she can’t reach the mail box without donning boots to retrieve the delivered mail. A few times even that doesn’t work so I’ve been commissioned to get the mail those days. 😫

    jmonroe

    Snowplows stay far away from my mailbox, too - several hundred miles the last time I checked! 🤪😜🤓

    2021 Genesis G90

  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 19,956
    jmonroe1 said:

    @explorerx4 said:
    @michaell,

    I thought so too, but my kids ordered there today. When I went to order, my wife had beat me to it too,

    Got forwarded an article from Detroit Free Press that it started a day early.

    Damn, I hope they don’t run out.

    jmonroe


    I hope they don’t end up like the $10 million worth of PPE in San Mateo county out in CA.

    2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 30,915
    just checked and wife already beat me to it, too

    '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c, '21 WRX, '20 S90 T6, '22 4xE. 62-car history and counting! MB Sprinter and '92 Nissan Gloria on the way!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 204,933
    I just placed my order

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • tjc78tjc78 South JerseyMember Posts: 13,624

    Thanks @explorerx4 just placed my order.

    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum / 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription

  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTMember Posts: 17,366
    You can just go to the website put in your name address and email.
    That's all you need to do.
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 45,682
    Us too!

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD , 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Ecoboost FWD.

  • driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moMember Posts: 30,313
    Yesterday was a record snowfall in the Toronto area. 16 inches of snow fell, which is very unusual. The busiest highway in Canada, and one of the busiest in North America came to a standstill for 8 hours!

    I read an article which asked, what if everyone had electric cars? You couldn't use the wipers, the heater or the radio for fear of running out of power. If a car did use up all it's power, how could you refuel it.....you'd have to tow it away, and in this case it could mean towing a 1000 cars.

    Something to think about.

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moMember Posts: 30,313

    Hope everyone is ordering their free covid tests: covidtests.gov

    Thanks explorer.

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaMember Posts: 16,877
    Up here in the utopia of publicly funded health care they were giving out boxes of quick tests to the cool kids before Christmas so they could give them to their cool friends and family as gifts. Then they ran out and you couldn’t get one done at all. Now they have such a limited supply that it is only possible to get tested if you check the right boxes on a long list of criteria. In other words, it is a mess.

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • driver100driver100 Burlington, ON 7 mo/Tampa FL 5 moMember Posts: 30,313
    @ab348
    Is this a great country or what? I fill out a form which took me about 2 minutes to fill out....and voila.....4 kits should arrive within 12 days! I wonder if we can return the 4 we bought at Wallymart?

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Member Posts: 18,525

    Great video. Brings back so many memories!

    Ford should bring them back in a commercial today!
    I assume they are both still with us!


    What? So Wally and the Bev can fawn over the one car that Ford now makes?

    2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Member Posts: 18,525

    The town, on the Highway Department page, states the town is not responsible for mail box damage due to snow plowing.

    "The Town will compensate for a damaged mailbox when the Director of Public Works, or his designee, determines that a plow physically hit the mailbox.
    This determination is made by observation of cut marks, paint off the plow blade, etc.
    In the event a mailbox or post is physically struck by the Town Highway Department snow plow/truck, it will be repaired or replaced only if the mailbox was installed properly.
    The repair or replacement by the Highway Department will be with a standard Post Office-approved mailbox and/or a pretreated 4" x 4" square wooden post.
    No mailbox or post will be repaired or replaced if the force of snow thrown by plows caused damage."

    Today, however, they were out there looking at the downed mailboxes on our street.
    Maybe there is mass casualty exception.

    So in other words they are going to determine if they are responsible. OK I don't see anything wrong with that. ANd what is with this plowing the street in such a way that the flying snow hits your mail box with such force as to damage it but they are not responsible for the damage.

    2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTMember Posts: 17,366
    @snakeweasel,
    Ford still makes plenty of car models. They are just not for sale in the US.
    2020 Ford Explorer XLT
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Member Posts: 18,525
    driver100 said:

    Yesterday was a record snowfall in the Toronto area. 16 inches of snow fell, which is very unusual. The busiest highway in Canada, and one of the busiest in North America came to a standstill for 8 hours!

    I read an article which asked, what if everyone had electric cars? You couldn't use the wipers, the heater or the radio for fear of running out of power. If a car did use up all it's power, how could you refuel it.....you'd have to tow it away, and in this case it could mean towing a 1000 cars.

    Something to think about.


    2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

Sign In or Register to comment.