Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

Four of a Kind;

————————————————
    What kind of a conversion is that? And while I’m at it why is MPH shown at the bottom left of the tachometer?

jmonroe
    As you can see, the speedo is in KMs.......top speed 260 kms an hour, that is 161.557 mph.
    In case you want to know how many mph you are driving it is shown below the tach. It comes in handy if for example we go to Buffalo or Niagara Falls N.Y. for the day.....I could convert the whole thing into mph but easier to leave it.

There have been people who come to Canada from the U.S., and the first sign they see is a speed limit sign that says 100............and they thought it was 100 mph.
    It was actually 100 kph which is 62 mph!

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,358

@driver100 said:
    As you can see, the speedo is in KMs.......top speed 260 kms an hour, that is 161.557 mph.
    In case you want to know how many mph you are driving it is shown below the tach. It comes in handy if for example we go to Buffalo or Niagara Falls N.Y. for the day.....I could convert the whole thing into mph but easier to leave it.

There have been people who come to Canada from the U.S., and the first sign they see is a speed limit sign that says 100............and they thought it was 100 mph.

————————————————-
    I was talking about the small display between the two large gauges. That’s a nice idea about MPH being displayed. I never saw that before.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,238
    my truck has a digital speedo readout in the little center screen between the big gauges (on being the speedo). I always thought that was a silly idea until I got a car with it, and now I think it is wonderful, and mad that the Acura does not have any way to display it.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,928
    Have loved a digital speedo since my 2006 Honda Civic and have it on my Golf also. The Audi has the amount of miles of petrol left in the tank, which my better half prefers to keep tack of easily. Since I don't go through much fuel these days, much prefer the digital speedo. Most newer vehicles seem to have the digital speedo now, much easier to read.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,928
    Some kind of disturbance west of Africa now. Still too early to tell where it's going but think there's a 90% chance it'll grow into something...maybe Bret? Looks like the whole east coast could be affected but again, too early to tell. It could head towards the Gulf also but again, too early to tell. Best to keep an eye on the disturbance in th next few days. Our 2023 hurricane policy kicks in on July 1st and went up a good 20% from last year. But our choice to live near the coast of Florida & just hope nothing bad comes our way. Don't mind the cost of insurance as long as we don't get any storms...a small price to pay!
    We did talk about moving up towards Orlando the other day. Our middle child definitely wants to transfer there either in 2024 or 2025 & if she does go, we'll follow in short order. The oldest & her husband would love for us to move close by but will feel strange leaving South Florida. We both came in 1969 from the northeast, my wife to Miami Beach and our family to a suburb of Ft. Lauderdale. I don't really know Orlando & the surrounding areas that well at all. The kids bought in St. Cloud which is due south of Orlando & growing in population. Luckily, I do have time to start purging more items from all "the stuff" I seem to have accumulated over the years. Will definitely be a daunting task no matter when I start!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

edited June 2023
    jmonroe1 said:

@driver100 said:

————————————————-

I was talking about the small display between the two large gauges. That’s a nice idea about MPH being displayed. I never saw that before.

jmonroe

Do you mean the 444.4 and the number below it, 64128? 444.4 is the mileage in klms since I got gas, approx 275 miles, and the number below that is the total number of kms the car has on it - approx 40000 miles. Of course the top number 444.4 can be reset to 0 after filling up.

Like stick says, that screen can change to show the speed digitally which is where I usually set it, also shows range, mileage and a few other things.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 238,353
    I use the center display on the Subaru to display the MPG for the current tank, along with the distance to empty.

Can be flipped to show speed, compass direction, and one or two other things that I can’t remember at the moment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,250
    edited June 2023
    The display in the C43 can be configured to show fuel economy and range info on the right side of the display. It's actually useful.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

@Michaell said:
    I use the center display on the Subaru to display the MPG for the current tank, along with the distance to empty.

Can be flipped to show speed, compass direction, and one or two other things that I can’t remember at the moment.

————————————————
    On Mrs. j’s 2018 Legacy Limited with the 6 cylinder engine, I use the center display almost solely to show MPH. That car doesn’t get good enough gas mileage that I want to constantly see it. It doesn’t do much better than my V8 Genny which I never watch.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    I may have asked this already, but forget if I did so asking again!

for the experts, since I am way out of date. I am finally setting up my new laptop. No issues with that (other than finding all my passwords...) But I want to backup and transfer some stuff from the old machine. I have a Seagate BU hard drive that I must have gotten 12 years ago. could not get it working with my old machine (running win 10 I think?) I know it had software for doing backups, instead of just dragging files over.

so what is the modern way of doing this? Just get a new drive and use file explorer to copy files onto it, then plug into the new laptop and copy what I want back over? Mostly some documents and my media monkey files.

or is there some software to use to manage this in conjunction with the HD?

It has been a long time since I did this (first new computer that replaced an old one in a long time)

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 18,929
    I don't have an answer for you Stick but I have a similar situation. I have an old laptop that really needs to be retired. A few years ago I bought an external hard drive that I just wanted to use for backing it up since I was concerned that the old internal hard drive could go south at any moment. When I attached it I had to figure out how to set it up, and somewhere, maybe even on the website for the manufacturer, saw the suggestion to use Windows Backup. I looked into it and it seemed just the ticket. It could be scheduled to automatically back up things and even to only add new or changed files to the backup to make it be more efficient, so that's the way I went.

The problem is that I haven't been able to figure out what it is doing or what files it is actually backing up. If you look at the directory there isn't much to see. I'm not sure if stuff is compressed or otherwise there in some other format. But I haven't been able to recover anything from it so far. I haven't looked into it it extensively yet but I suspect it is another difficult-to-use Windows head-scratcher and pretty convoluted.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

One issue I recall from true backups is they are designed to restore the machine. That I would not be doing.

I forgot that I also have MS office residing on the old machine. Bought that cheap years ago and no clue about codes to reinstall. So might want to try and copy that over but I doubt it works.

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,646
    Stick, do you have OneDrive space? Copy files to your personal folders there, accessible from old/new laptop (to download to new hard drive, if you so desire)

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    ab348 said:

I don't have an answer for you Stick but I have a similar situation. I have an old laptop that really needs to be retired. A few years ago I bought an external hard drive that I just wanted to use for backing it up since I was concerned that the old internal hard drive could go south at any moment. When I attached it I had to figure out how to set it up, and somewhere, maybe even on the website for the manufacturer, saw the suggestion to use Windows Backup. I looked into it and it seemed just the ticket. It could be scheduled to automatically back up things and even to only add new or changed files to the backup to make it be more efficient, so that's the way I went.

The problem is that I haven't been able to figure out what it is doing or what files it is actually backing up. If you look at the directory there isn't much to see. I'm not sure if stuff is compressed or otherwise there in some other format. But I haven't been able to recover anything from it so far. I haven't looked into it it extensively yet but I suspect it is another difficult-to-use Windows head-scratcher and pretty convoluted.

Paging @henryn to the white courtesy phone 🤔.

I do have one drive. ended up getting all the docs and pictures that way. Even imported everything from chrome to Edge. Have to reenter passwords though, always a hassle!

at this point I think I just need to try and recreate my music file (monkey something or other). Not quite sure if that is stored local or cloud based, but a project for another day to copy that file over. I think this came with a USB to USB cord so might be able to try and just drag the folder over. Should not be terribly difficult.

will be spending some time tweaking setting but that is not a big deal.

oh, and yes I am typing away on the new machine. so much faster.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,737

Late to the party, but glad One Drive worked as that was gonna be my suggestion.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

Is OneDrive the thing that MS pushed on those who moved from Win7 to Win10 a few years ago, that if you agreed to use it, deleted all of the files that it sucked into OneDrive from your local PC storage without warning?

don't recall all of that but yes, it is the MS cloud product. Though having just looked at it there are options for how to handle files, including leaving the original on the computer and just making a copy for onedrive.

a convenient feature is that you can select someone to share a file with if you want (not your whole drive just a specific file, with access restriction options). We use that at work. pretty slick. you can also have the mobile app so if you work on documents on your computer and need one when you are away from it, can pull it up on your phone.

another hurdle overcome. MS decided to default to outlook for Email. Which could be fine, except that for some reason they only allow you to link your main (hotmail) account and 1 Gmail account. Since I have others, that would not work.

took some digging to turn up the mail account settings tab, then get the non-outlook Mail program (that I used on the old machine) on the taskbar. But, now that is all set up and going so I pretty much have recreated what I had before, without the brutal lagging and random collapses!

Glad it's working for you. I remembered after posting before my issue with OneDrive.

When I got my latest Dell laptop in 2019 the Windows setup pushed OneDrive during that process and without knowing what it was I agreed to it. I had a bunch of files on my nearly-dead old PC so I decided to move them over to the new one overnight by wifi from old PC while it was still breathing to new since it would take a while. I forget the exact sequence of events but overnight the transfer filled the amount of space MS was granting me in OneDrive because it was syncing every file that got moved by wifi to the cloud as well, so that when I checked it the next morning it wanted me to buy more space. I could see no reason to do that so I just deleted the files from OneDrive. When I went back to the new PC some time later all the files that had been on the new PC and synced were deleted there too. Just a horrendous design and not explained at all.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,103
    As for using the Windows backup system, I had a bad experience with that in 7, 8 or early 10, don't recall which. I tried to use one of the whole drive backups I had made to restore and it didn't work. Wasn't right in some way.

I started using DriveImageXML. It's a little tedious to understand as you go through the steps but no worse than Clonezilla which I used on a boot CD to clone a hard drive to new one. DriveImageXML lets me look for individual files, if I need to replace just a file that I've lost.

I also copy groups of files, like pictures or music, to an external hard drive along with the DriveImageXML files on the externals. Now with the cheap USB memory sticks in large sizes at Microcenter, those can be used instead of external hard drives, but be sure to verify the files are on the USB that you put there when they are reinserted.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

edited June 2023
    I noticed an Acura TXL today for the first time. It stood out because it seemed very wide, long, and low to the road. The styling was nice with smooth lines, not overdone like some models. Looked good in a dark blue color;

only if you want to pay extra for it.

though I do like this keyboard a lot better. and fresh keys have much snappier action!

As for using the Windows backup system, I had a bad experience with that in 7, 8 or early 10, don't recall which. I tried to use one of the whole drive backups I had made to restore and it didn't work. Wasn't right in some way.

I started using DriveImageXML. It's a little tedious to understand as you go through the steps but no worse than Clonezilla which I used on a boot CD to clone a hard drive to new one. DriveImageXML lets me look for individual files, if I need to replace just a file that I've lost.

I also copy groups of files, like pictures or music, to an external hard drive along with the DriveImageXML files on the externals. Now with the cheap USB memory sticks in large sizes at Microcenter, those can be used instead of external hard drives, but be sure to verify the files are on the USB that you put there when they are reinserted.

i did some digging into the Windows backup external drive and Backup itself this aft. Turns out you have to access it via Control Panel and if you do that, you can see the individual files. I thought when I set it up that I had selected all of the data directories on the hard drive, but I'm not so sure now after looking into it if that is the case. I think there are other buried folders there it is not picking up. More digging required.

We use One Drive at work and quite frankly it’s wonderful. No shared drives and opening shared sheets in read only and waiting for someone to get out in order to make a change.

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,832
    driver100 said:

I noticed an Acura TXL today for the first time. It stood out because it seemed very wide, long, and low to the road. The styling was nice with smooth lines, not overdone like some models. Looked good in a dark blue color;

I like them. I tried to buy one a year, or so, ago but the dealer didn't seem at all interested. I suspect he thought I was poor and was just kicking tires. There were not many available at that time, but they had exactly what I was looking for a black Type S with a red interior.

I saw a guy with a grayish one yesterday. Nice looking. He said his was a A spec and he never heard of the Type S. :|

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

tjc78 said:

We use One Drive at work and quite frankly it’s wonderful. No shared drives and opening shared sheets in read only and waiting for someone to get out in order to make a change.

What happens if you want to open a file the someone else has already opened?

venture said:

driver100 said:

I like them. I tried to buy one a year, or so, ago but the dealer didn't seem at all interested. I suspect he thought I was poor and was just kicking tires. There were not many available at that time, but they had exactly what I was looking for a black Type S with a red interior.

I saw a guy with a grayish one yesterday. Nice looking. He said his was a A spec and he never heard of the Type S. :|
    I got curious so I checked. The A-Spec came out earlier and it has a 4 cylinder 270 hp engine. The S Line came out later;

Judging by what we already know about the forthcoming TLX Type-S, it looks like it’s going to be quite the performer. It will have a larger turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 engine that will produce 355 hp and 354 lb-ft of torque, some updated styling cues, a more aggressive suspension setup to complement it all. In some ways, it’s almost a different car altogether.

A basic Acura was about $40k, a Type S is about $50k, but seems pretty nice all considering.......

driver100 said:

venture said:

driver100 said:

I got curious so I checked. The A-Spec came out earlier and it has a 4 cylinder 270 hp engine. The S Line came out later;

Judging by what we already know about the forthcoming TLX Type-S, it looks like it’s going to be quite the performer. It will have a larger turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 engine that will produce 355 hp and 354 lb-ft of torque, some updated styling cues, a more aggressive suspension setup to complement it all. In some ways, it’s almost a different car altogether.

A basic Acura was about $40k, a Type S is about $50k, but seems pretty nice all considering.......
    The TLX Type S has been out for a year or two.

The Integra Type S was just released.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

@ab348 said:

Several people can be in any Office document at once. Changes are made in real time, no versioning issues.

You can send links to the file with edit access or just view. I’ve stopped using anything else to share internal documents.

tjc78 said:

@ab348 said:

Several people can be in any Office document at once. Changes are made in real time, no versioning issues.

You can send links to the file with edit access or just view. I’ve stopped using anything else to share internal documents.

I don't see how that can work. I change "should not" to "always" just as you change it to "absolutely never". What could possibly go wrong?

One of the great personal benefits to me retiring was that I never had to use Sharepoint ever again, which our company attempted to force onto the 1500-person workforce at huge expense. There was so much resistance and pushback to that POS since people simply could not understand how it supposedly worked that nobody except the IT folks could ever figure it out, and even there only with massive brute-force effort.

Michaell said:

driver100 said:

venture said:

driver100 said:

The TLX Type S has been out for a year or two.

The Integra Type S was just released.
    Now it is getting confusing!
    Is the TLX the larger one.....and it has a Type S model...which is what I must have seen.
    I looked at pictures of a 2024 Acura Integra Type S and it looks like it is the smaller model.
    Do I have that right?
    I thought the Integra model used to be the larger luxury barge from Acura!

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,811
    driver100 said:

Is the TLX the larger one.....and it has a Type S model...which is what I must have seen.
    I looked at pictures of a 2024 Acura Integra Type S and it looks like it is the smaller model.
    Do I have that right?

Integra was always their "sportscar." You may be thinking of the Legend.

'08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

@ab348 said:
    I don't see how that can work. I change "should not" to "always" just as you change it to "absolutely never". What could possibly go wrong?

One of the great personal benefits to me retiring was that I never had to use Sharepoint ever again, which our company attempted to force onto the 1500-person workforce at huge expense. There was so much resistance and pushback to that POS since people simply could not understand how it supposedly worked that nobody except the IT folks could ever figure it out, and even there only with massive brute-force effort.

Changes are able to be tracked in case someone fat fingers a document.

I can tell you that in my experience, the real time updates work 1000X better than just having a document on a shared (network) drive.

I also have access to all my docs from my phone. Another win.

Share point generally does suck … I’ll give you that, but that is not needed for One Drive.

If you’ve ever used Google docs, it works in much the same way but with the full capability of the MS apps.

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

Do I have that right?

Thanks Q....that is what I was thinking of....the Legend. The one I saw and thought was very wide, quite long, and was low to the ground had TLX on the trunk.

driver100 said:

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

Do I have that right?

Thanks Q....that is what I was thinking of....the Legend. The one I saw and thought was very wide, quite long, and was low to the ground had TLX on the trunk.
    TLX is the mid-sized sedan; comparable, in a way, to the Accord.

The Integra is a compact hatchback, which shares a lot of components with the Civic.

The Legend was Acuras first attempt at a "near luxury" car - first released in the mid-80's, there were several iterations of it until it was renamed the RL.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,155
    Michaell said:

driver100 said:

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

Do I have that right?

The Integra is a compact hatchback, which shares a lot of components with the Civic.

The Legend was Acuras first attempt at a "near luxury" car - first released in the mid-80's, there were several iterations of it until it was renamed the RL.
    Legend/RL were nice vehicles, but complete sales failures, mostly because they occupied "no man's land" between real luxury and near luxury. The model lacked certain "necessary" options and personalization that was offered by the German competition and it even underwhelmed vs. Lexus, which at the time at least offered V8 engine and base rear-wheel drive in their LS and GS models. Legend wanted to go against LS, but it barely was able to compete with GS. Feels like Honda never put enough resources behind that vehicle's development and marketing and didn't really have an idea who the customer for this model should be. They were probably just too happy with TL's/TLX's and MDX's successes, especially the latter one. I guess they saw the market and decided it wasn't worth the effort. Perhaps they were right, considering how generally entrenched this segment is (Phaeton anyone?). It took Lexus couple of decades of consistent underpricing its vehicles and overdelivering on reliability and customer experience finally make it in US market (they are no longer underpriced, for sure and customer experience seems much more generic, too). European market was still too tough for them to crack open, probably because tariffs made similar pricing strategy impossible. Germans brands also had their downmarket models better figured out (smaller engines, lower options, "taxi" versions), which created ubiquity that was much harder to break with small range of offering, e.g. 3.5 l V6 was always considered too expensive for upper middle class in Europe due to much higher taxes, insurance and fuel costs and Lexus didn't offer 2.0l version for long time (2.0l is a "magic" line, where all these things just skyrocket on another level, that's why all these 2l engines are actually 1998 ccm, or similar number, not say not 2002 ccm). It seems like they made some real strides after hybrid became a real thing.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,457
    All this talk of computers must have put the jinx on my IPad. After using it earlier when I went to use it again I got a black screen. Nothing, no response to any button. I figured I’d call Apple before I ran out and bought another one. A very nice representative in support walked me through a “hard restart” or something and the device came back to life. I never realized how dependent I’d become on this thing for instant access/information. I even had to get my son to look up the phone # for the Apple Store.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

@dino001 Thanks for an excellent analysis of the Legend, Acura and Lexus conundrum.
    @Michaell Thanks for explaining the Various Acura models.....I thought my head was going to explode :#

driver100 said:

@dino001 Thanks for an excellent analysis of the Legend, Acura and Lexus conundrum.
    @Michaell Thanks for explaining the Various Acura models.....I thought my head was going to explode :#

————————————————
    I thought it already did. :p

jmonroe
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 857
    Michaell said:

driver100 said:

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

Do I have that right?

The Vigor was in there somewhere too. Was it a rename of the Legend or a model on it's own?
    I have a Jeep question. I notice that some people take the doors off their Jeep, usually in spring and then in summer. If an accident occurs and the occupant(s) are injured more seriously because of the lack of the doors in place, is the other car, if at fault, responsible for the additional injuries above what would have occured to the occupant were the door in place during impact? I assume the NHSTA testing takes place with the doors intact...

Any legal minds here with that answer?

I thought about this again when I saw several Jeeps with doors missing driving around the Park when we visited the Great Smokies a few weeks back. Some were local from rental places probably typical of scenic tourist areas, but some Jeeps were plated in other states apparently by the driver/owner in the Jeep.

dad23 said:

Michaell said:

driver100 said:

qbrozen said:

driver100 said:

Do I have that right?

The Vigor was in there somewhere too. Was it a rename of the Legend or a model on it's own?
    I think the vigor was its own platform (mid sized model) and ultimately morphed into the 3.2TL. The vigor had either a V6 or an I5.

Integra became the RSX, before dying off, and eventually returning as the ILX, and the Legend turned into the RL.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 233,025
    We had a '94 Vigor. It was more or less a Japanese domestic model Accord. Longitudinal in-line 5 cylinder. 172 HP, which was a lot, compared to an Accord (135?). Kind of a mini-Legend.

It was replaced by the TL.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,106
    edited June 2023
    It really was time to change the air filter(almost 29k). Put new front wipers on, too.
    Tomorrow is tackling the cabin air filter.
    A little over $100 for all of the above.

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

It really was time to change the air filter(almost 29k). Put new front wipers on, too.
    Tomorrow is tackling the cabin air filter.
    A little over $100 for all of the above.

————————————————
    Why do you charge yourself so much?

jmonroe
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,884
    kyfdx said:

We had a '94 Vigor. It was more or less a Japanese domestic model Accord. Longitudinal in-line 5 cylinder. 172 HP, which was a lot, compared to an Accord (135?). Kind of a mini-Legend.

It was replaced by the TL.

IIRC one of the marketing spins on the Vigor was the I5 and real wood trim which added an element of class/luxury.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,250

I have a Jeep question. I notice that some people take the doors off their Jeep, usually in spring and then in summer. If an accident occurs and the occupant(s) are injured more seriously because of the lack of the doors in place, is the other car, if at fault, responsible for the additional injuries above what would have occured to the occupant were the door in place during impact? I assume the NHSTA testing takes place with the doors intact...

I thought about this again when I saw several Jeeps with doors missing driving around the Park when we visited the Great Smokies a few weeks back. Some were local from rental places probably typical of scenic tourist areas, but some Jeeps were plated in other states apparently by the driver/owner in the Jeep.

There's an old legal adage "You take your plaintiff as you find him."- and I believe that would be the case here. What those Jeepers are doing is not illegal and I don't think comparative negligence would apply either.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

There's an old legal adage "You take your plaintiff as you find him."- and I believe that would be the case here. What those Jeepers are doing is not illegal and I don't think comparative negligence would apply either.
    That's not the answer I was hoping for. Can we try again for a different answer? LOL

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,173

@imidazol97 said:
    That's not the answer I was hoping for. Can we try again for a different answer? LOL

Why do I have this funny feeling that you whacked a Jeep Wrangler with the doors off?😂