Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

1304130423044304630473096

Comments

  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,155
    edited September 2023
    dino001 said:


    Man, these prices went up! I think I paid for my black 800-series just about that amount in 2019 that now 100-Series is (but well, it's USD, not CAD, so yeah, there is still some difference). Junction box included.
    Maybe it was over $900, but I'm sure it wasn't more than thousand bucks (plus tax and delivery, of course).

    ab348 said:

    Never underestimate the worthlessness of the worthless Canadian dollar.

    LOL, it's 74 cents today. I guess it's lower than I remember (use to be around 90c for quite long time). I have to adjust my thinking, 850 CAD is about 630 USD, still higher then used to be, but it's not as much as I thought.

    2018 430i Gran Coupe

  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,453

    @jmonroe1,
    My grandkids are very curious. If they see a button, they want to push it. A door or drawer is closed, they want to open it. A light switch, they want to toggle it.

    Comedian George Lopez did a bit about children’s curiosity. He said in his house if the kid was going to stick a fork in the wall outlet the parent would say “go ahead” and when the inevitable shock came they would say “I bet you won’t do that again, will you”?


    2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,101
    When I read my Kindle now, I always make sure the page I see when I open it has a flag(bookmark).
    The little one likes to open it and swipe away. You unlock it by swiping the screen and move back or forward by swiping the screen.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 56,993
    ab348 said:

    dino001 said:


    Man, these prices went up! I think I paid for my black 800-series just about that amount in 2019 that now 100-Series is (but well, it's USD, not CAD, so yeah, there is still some difference). Junction box included.
    Maybe it was over $900, but I'm sure it wasn't more than thousand bucks (plus tax and delivery, of course).

    Never underestimate the worthlessness of the worthless Canadian dollar.
    I remember CAD being around 63-64 US cents in the late 90s. I also recall it being over par early in the teens.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 18,920
    i don't recall it being over par in more recent years but it was possible. When I was a kid in the '60s, for several years back then it was at par or slightly above the US dollar. But I know when I have to buy things priced in USD most of the time the Canadian dollar is sharply discounted.

    I got the "worthless Canadian dollar" line from a lady I encountered years ago who was from somewhere in Eastern Europe, Yugoslavia IIRC, with a heavy accent. She was working here but had to travel to the US on business frequently and always complained about the exchange rate of "your worthless Canadian dollars". When she said that line with her accent, it sounded like something out of a James Bond movie. :D

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    Our low Canadian dollar is a good thing for our economy. Auto plants like Canada, lower wages when you make cars and pay for employees in CDN dollars, and sell them in U.S. for U.S. dollars. Whether you like our healthcare or not, the companies like it, far lower health insurance costs. The movie industry has been expanding in Canada as well....pay for producing programs in Canadian money....make U.S. money in the U.S.

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    @ab348 .....what are you thinking of doing about appliances so far.......

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,352

    When I read my Kindle now, I always make sure the page I see when I open it has a flag(bookmark).
    The little one likes to open it and swipe away. You unlock it by swiping the screen and move back or forward by swiping the screen.

    ————————————————
    Did you ever think of reading how-to magazines?

    BTW, you won’t get shocked putting a fork in a receptacle unless some part of your body is touching something that is electrically grounded. All that does is create a big spark before popping the breaker. You might have to change your skivvies after doing that but you won’t get shocked. Don’t fall for old wives tales.

    jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,155
    driver100 said:

    Our low Canadian dollar is a good thing for our economy. Auto plants like Canada, lower wages when you make cars and pay for employees in CDN dollars, and sell them in U.S. for U.S. dollars. Whether you like our healthcare or not, the companies like it, far lower health insurance costs. The movie industry has been expanding in Canada as well....pay for producing programs in Canadian money....make U.S. money in the U.S.

    Using this logic, Zimbabwe and Venezuela should be economic titans :wink: Low currency is only "good for the economy" when it's temporary and finally reverts back to a reasonable average. Once entrenched, it would permanently impact purchasing power of domestic consumers due to import price increases, finally affecting businesses, too.

    Unless your economy is an autarchy (none is, even North Korea) or export-oriented with undersized domestic consumption (that fits Canada's description, considering its oversized natural resource extraction industry), paying high prices for the foreign goods that are not available domestically cannot be a good thing and will eventually erase the gains you may have from exports. And if you have monopolies or high tariffs (maple syrup anyone?) and you have really toxic drainage of local population. Unstable currency (both strong and weak) creates unjustified winners and losers and extended instability may cause big distortions in the system that will eventually drag everybody down.

    2018 430i Gran Coupe

  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 18,920
    driver100 said:

    @ab348 .....what are you thinking of doing about appliances so far.......

    I was ready to order them this week but then it occurred to me that I should wait a few weeks for the Black Friday sales in November.

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 18,920
    driver100 said:

    Our low Canadian dollar is a good thing for our economy. Auto plants like Canada, lower wages when you make cars and pay for employees in CDN dollars, and sell them in U.S. for U.S. dollars.

    I read this week that Ford of Canada reached a contract agreement with the unions, averting a strike. The story indicated that an assembly plant worker will enjoy a rate of over $40/hour to start. Not a job I would want, but having toured an assembly plant, pretty good compensation.

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,226
    Had a team building work outing day. Went and played pickle ball. Was actually a lot of fun. I plan to try it again when I get back home.

    2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 56,993
    ab348 said:

    i don't recall it being over par in more recent years but it was possible. When I was a kid in the '60s, for several years back then it was at par or slightly above the US dollar. But I know when I have to buy things priced in USD most of the time the Canadian dollar is sharply discounted.

    I got the "worthless Canadian dollar" line from a lady I encountered years ago who was from somewhere in Eastern Europe, Yugoslavia IIRC, with a heavy accent. She was working here but had to travel to the US on business frequently and always complained about the exchange rate of "your worthless Canadian dollars". When she said that line with her accent, it sounded like something out of a James Bond movie. :D

    It's been better - and worse. Maybe a problem for Canadian NHL teams again:



  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    dino001 said:

    driver100 said:

    Our low Canadian dollar is a good thing for our economy. Auto plants like Canada, lower wages when you make cars and pay for employees in CDN dollars, and sell them in U.S. for U.S. dollars. Whether you like our healthcare or not, the companies like it, far lower health insurance costs. The movie industry has been expanding in Canada as well....pay for producing programs in Canadian money....make U.S. money in the U.S.

    Using this logic, Zimbabwe and Venezuela should be economic titans :wink: Low currency is only "good for the economy" when it's temporary and finally reverts back to a reasonable average. Once entrenched, it would permanently impact purchasing power of domestic consumers due to import price increases, finally affecting businesses, too.

    Unless your economy is an autarchy (none is, even North Korea) or export-oriented with undersized domestic consumption (that fits Canada's description, considering its oversized natural resource extraction industry), paying high prices for the foreign goods that are not available domestically cannot be a good thing and will eventually erase the gains you may have from exports. And if you have monopolies or high tariffs (maple syrup anyone?) and you have really toxic drainage of local population. Unstable currency (both strong and weak) creates unjustified winners and losers and extended instability may cause big distortions in the system that will eventually drag everybody down.

    All great points, but I think our economy is strong enough to support a weak dollar. We do have a lot going for us, mainly a pretty good capitalist system...unlike Zimbabwe or Venezuela where there is major corruption and individuals can't operate their own businesses.
    It has worked pretty well up until now at least.

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    ab348 said:

    driver100 said:

    @ab348 .....what are you thinking of doing about appliances so far.......

    I was ready to order them this week but then it occurred to me that I should wait a few weeks for the Black Friday sales in November.
    Good idea.

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    stickguy said:

    Had a team building work outing day. Went and played pickle ball. Was actually a lot of fun. I plan to try it again when I get back home.

    Great....it seems to me that 99% of the people who try pickleball become addicted to it.

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 18,920
    stickguy said:

    Had a team building work outing day. Went and played pickle ball. Was actually a lot of fun. I plan to try it again when I get back home.

    Another hapless victim of The Great Pickleball Conspiracy. :p

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    ab348 said:

    stickguy said:

    Had a team building work outing day. Went and played pickle ball. Was actually a lot of fun. I plan to try it again when I get back home.

    Another hapless victim of The Great Pickleball Conspiracy. :p
    Yeh, it's a government plot to get you addicted to pickleball so that is all you want to do....and then you don't complain about all the other stuff going on. :#>:)

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,352
    ab348 said:

    stickguy said:

    Had a team building work outing day. Went and played pickle ball. Was actually a lot of fun. I plan to try it again when I get back home.

    Another hapless victim of The Great Pickleball Conspiracy. :p
    ————————————————
    My brother, who lives in the next town over from me, took up pickleball about 4 years ago. He plays 4 times a week in my town because his town (not poor, far from it) doesn’t have pickleball courts yet although he said they’ve “been talking” about it. Even when he goes on vacation to Myrtle Beach he finds pickleball courts where he can play for at least an hour in the morning. He said they never seem to have a shortage of courts and players wherever he goes.

    I think they otta start taxing pickleball players to help the economy.

    jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 232,957
    My wife has the bug.. plays 3-4 mornings per week

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 18,920
    One of these days all those players will figure out the scoring.

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,352
    ab348 said:

    One of these days all those players will figure out the scoring.

    ————————————————
    Scoring is not important. It’s one of those politically correct sports where everyone gets a trophy. Folks mostly play because they like the sound of the ball coming off of the racket.

    jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 232,957
    jmonroe1 said:

    ab348 said:

    One of these days all those players will figure out the scoring.

    ————————————————
    Scoring is not important. It’s one of those politically correct sports where everyone gets a trophy. Folks mostly play because they like the sound of the ball coming off of the racket.

    jmonroe
    You underestimate the competitiveness of 75 yr old ladies...

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,352
    kyfdx said:

    jmonroe1 said:

    ab348 said:

    One of these days all those players will figure out the scoring.

    ————————————————
    Scoring is not important. It’s one of those politically correct sports where everyone gets a trophy. Folks mostly play because they like the sound of the ball coming off of the racket.

    jmonroe
    You underestimate the competitiveness of 75 yr old ladies...
    ————————————————
    Probably. The young kids today should be so competitive and get as much exercise.

    jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,155
    driver100 said:

    dino001 said:

    driver100 said:

    Our low Canadian dollar is a good thing for our economy. Auto plants like Canada, lower wages when you make cars and pay for employees in CDN dollars, and sell them in U.S. for U.S. dollars. Whether you like our healthcare or not, the companies like it, far lower health insurance costs. The movie industry has been expanding in Canada as well....pay for producing programs in Canadian money....make U.S. money in the U.S.

    Using this logic, Zimbabwe and Venezuela should be economic titans :wink: Low currency is only "good for the economy" when it's temporary and finally reverts back to a reasonable average. Once entrenched, it would permanently impact purchasing power of domestic consumers due to import price increases, finally affecting businesses, too.

    Unless your economy is an autarchy (none is, even North Korea) or export-oriented with undersized domestic consumption (that fits Canada's description, considering its oversized natural resource extraction industry), paying high prices for the foreign goods that are not available domestically cannot be a good thing and will eventually erase the gains you may have from exports. And if you have monopolies or high tariffs (maple syrup anyone?) and you have really toxic drainage of local population. Unstable currency (both strong and weak) creates unjustified winners and losers and extended instability may cause big distortions in the system that will eventually drag everybody down.

    All great points, but I think our economy is strong enough to support a weak dollar. We do have a lot going for us, mainly a pretty good capitalist system...unlike Zimbabwe or Venezuela where there is major corruption and individuals can't operate their own businesses.
    It has worked pretty well up until now at least.
    Sure, just meant to say it works until it doesn't and there are also hidden consequences if the currency keeps going down.

    2018 430i Gran Coupe

  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    edited September 2023
    ab348 said:

    One of these days all those players will figure out the scoring.

    Everyone thinks the scoring is confusing and it is actually very simple.
    There are 3 numbers involved when saying the score;
    1 One you say what your score is.
    2. You give your opponents score.
    3. Each side has 2 players in doubles, and each player serves until they miss. So either your the 1st server on your side (1) or the second server (2).

    If your team has 5 points, the other team has 3 points, and you are the second server the score is 5-3-2.
    btw, the government should give people $500 a year grants for playing pickleball and staying healthy. :D

    Oh, and the first to 11 points, and have to win by 2 points.

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    dino001 said:

    driver100 said:

    dino001 said:

    driver100 said:

    Our low Canadian dollar is a good thing for our economy. Auto plants like Canada, lower wages when you make cars and pay for employees in CDN dollars, and sell them in U.S. for U.S. dollars. Whether you like our healthcare or not, the companies like it, far lower health insurance costs. The movie industry has been expanding in Canada as well....pay for producing programs in Canadian money....make U.S. money in the U.S.

    Using this logic, Zimbabwe and Venezuela should be economic titans :wink: Low currency is only "good for the economy" when it's temporary and finally reverts back to a reasonable average. Once entrenched, it would permanently impact purchasing power of domestic consumers due to import price increases, finally affecting businesses, too.

    Unless your economy is an autarchy (none is, even North Korea) or export-oriented with undersized domestic consumption (that fits Canada's description, considering its oversized natural resource extraction industry), paying high prices for the foreign goods that are not available domestically cannot be a good thing and will eventually erase the gains you may have from exports. And if you have monopolies or high tariffs (maple syrup anyone?) and you have really toxic drainage of local population. Unstable currency (both strong and weak) creates unjustified winners and losers and extended instability may cause big distortions in the system that will eventually drag everybody down.

    All great points, but I think our economy is strong enough to support a weak dollar. We do have a lot going for us, mainly a pretty good capitalist system...unlike Zimbabwe or Venezuela where there is major corruption and individuals can't operate their own businesses.
    It has worked pretty well up until now at least.
    Sure, just meant to say it works until it doesn't and there are also hidden consequences if the currency keeps going down.

    And it could fail one day, but for now it is a win/win. The U.S. gets cars made for a lower price and Canada gets jobs.

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,101
    I'd be looking for those missing cars in Philadelphia. :o
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,155
    edited September 2023
    driver100 said:



    And it could fail one day, but for now it is a win/win. The U.S. gets cars made for a lower price and Canada gets jobs.


    Certainly a win for some, definitely not win/win, unless paying even higher prices for imports is somehow a win for Canadian consumer. From electronics to cars, to appliances, to houseware, all gets more expensive. But hey, if like it, who am I to say what you should or shouldn't like?

    2018 430i Gran Coupe

  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    dino001 said:

    driver100 said:



    And it could fail one day, but for now it is a win/win. The U.S. gets cars made for a lower price and Canada gets jobs.


    Certainly a win for some, definitely not win/win, unless paying even higher prices for imports is somehow a win for Canadian consumer. From electronics to cars, to appliances, to houseware, all gets more expensive. But hey, if like it, who am I to say what you should or shouldn't like?
    I don't like more expensive, but I do like a robust economy with more people working and paying taxes etc. Most items don't cost the full exchange rate more, car and appliance companies etc also pay staff and expenses etc in Canadian dollars, so the full costs aren't passed on. Another point, for a lot of American companies they rely on the U.S. market to make a profit....profits from Canada are icing on the cake.

    I worked for a major American Book publishing Company that was just getting established, they were amazed that Canada could account for 12% additional sales....they had no idea!

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,155
    They'll do that for a few months, perhaps a year or two. Then they'll raise the price or shutter their ops. Target anyone?-

    2018 430i Gran Coupe

  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,352
    Can we get back to dishwashers, PLEASE?

    jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,155
    Sure. Does anybody have experience with high-end brands, like Miele, Thermador, Cove, etc.?

    2018 430i Gran Coupe

  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    I have a friend with a very expensive Sub-Zero refrigerator.
    He had one problem after the other. :/

    Now can I rant about slow drivers.
    * I was the 4th car back in line for an advanced left turn, the arrow came on and cars 1 and 2 were so slow in moving that I didn't make it through...though I could have if the moved faster off the mark.
    * Then I was driving in the right lane, 2 lanes going in that direction, and the guy in front took about 40 seconds to make a right turn, causing me to have to stop for a yellow light I would have made if he could turn faster.
    Thank you for your time, allowing me to vent my frustrations.
    At least it was a good day at pickleball today, I won my last game 11 to 2 against some tough competition.

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,646
    edited September 2023
    Took the M240 to have a defective right rear LED array replaced under warranty. I've got two BMW dealers, north and south of us, ~equidistant. I decided to head north to avoid the (admittedly off-season) Cape Cod bridges.
    A new, nice and communicative SA, didn't yet have cards. But, unlike the Cape dealer, no cookies/chips/sodas available (just coffee/tea/water) while waiting. Oh, the indignity of it all.
    And, not much in the way of new inventory to amuse me; a monolithic 7 series, a few snouted 4 series (for once I'd want a front plate, to break up the gaping nostrils) and several run of the mill 3 series. And SUVs, little or no interest there.
    Probably most interesting was a garishly wrapped i8.

    A pleasant experience, but I do miss the cookies.

    '21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,733

    @dino001 said:
    Sure. Does anybody have experience with high-end brands, like Miele, Thermador, Cove, etc.?

    I knew someone with a Miele dishwasher and vacuum. They couldn’t have been happier. I remember the dishwasher being quieter than anything I’ve ever experienced

    2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 232,957
    The vacuum is top-rated by just about everyone..

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944

    Took the M240 to have a defective right rear LED array replaced under warranty. I've got two BMW dealers, north and south of us, ~equidistant. I decided to head north to avoid the (admittedly off-season) Cape Cod bridges.
    A new, nice and communicative SA, didn't yet have cards. But, unlike the Cape dealer, no cookies/chips/sodas available (just coffee/tea/water) while waiting. Oh, the indignity of it all.
    And, not much in the way of new inventory to amuse me; a monolithic 7 series, a few snouted 4 series (for once I'd want a front plate, to break up the gaping nostrils) and several run of the mill 3 series. And SUVs, little or no interest there.
    Probably most interesting was a garishly wrapped i8.

    A pleasant experience, but I do miss the cookies.

    I'd have gone South if that dealer offered cookies! :D

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • ventureventure Member Posts: 2,832
    driver100 said:

    Took the M240 to have a defective right rear LED array replaced under warranty. I've got two BMW dealers, north and south of us, ~equidistant. I decided to head north to avoid the (admittedly off-season) Cape Cod bridges.
    A new, nice and communicative SA, didn't yet have cards. But, unlike the Cape dealer, no cookies/chips/sodas available (just coffee/tea/water) while waiting. Oh, the indignity of it all.
    And, not much in the way of new inventory to amuse me; a monolithic 7 series, a few snouted 4 series (for once I'd want a front plate, to break up the gaping nostrils) and several run of the mill 3 series. And SUVs, little or no interest there.
    Probably most interesting was a garishly wrapped i8.

    A pleasant experience, but I do miss the cookies.

    I'd have gone South if that dealer offered cookies! :D
    My Subaru dealer has bottled water or coffee. They used to have iced tea and Gatorade too. They have potato chips, corn chips, Cheetos, and gummy fruit candies.

    My BMW dealer has...humm. I don't know. I didn't have to go in for any service. :|

    2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    venture said:

    driver100 said:

    Took the M240 to have a defective right rear LED array replaced under warranty. I've got two BMW dealers, north and south of us, ~equidistant. I decided to head north to avoid the (admittedly off-season) Cape Cod bridges.
    A new, nice and communicative SA, didn't yet have cards. But, unlike the Cape dealer, no cookies/chips/sodas available (just coffee/tea/water) while waiting. Oh, the indignity of it all.
    And, not much in the way of new inventory to amuse me; a monolithic 7 series, a few snouted 4 series (for once I'd want a front plate, to break up the gaping nostrils) and several run of the mill 3 series. And SUVs, little or no interest there.
    Probably most interesting was a garishly wrapped i8.

    A pleasant experience, but I do miss the cookies.

    I'd have gone South if that dealer offered cookies! :D
    My Subaru dealer has bottled water or coffee. They used to have iced tea and Gatorade too. They have potato chips, corn chips, Cheetos, and gummy fruit candies.

    My BMW dealer has...humm. I don't know. I didn't have to go in for any service. :|
    Subaru people must have really unhealthy diets......the dealer serves garbage food.
    MB had chicken noodle soup and delicious chicken Caesar wraps! :|

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,247
    dino001 said:

    Sure. Does anybody have experience with high-end brands, like Miele, Thermador, Cove, etc.?

    We have a Miele vacuum and a Miele double-oven. We are happy with both.

    Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

  • ventureventure Member Posts: 2,832
    driver100 said:

    venture said:

    driver100 said:

    Took the M240 to have a defective right rear LED array replaced under warranty. I've got two BMW dealers, north and south of us, ~equidistant. I decided to head north to avoid the (admittedly off-season) Cape Cod bridges.
    A new, nice and communicative SA, didn't yet have cards. But, unlike the Cape dealer, no cookies/chips/sodas available (just coffee/tea/water) while waiting. Oh, the indignity of it all.
    And, not much in the way of new inventory to amuse me; a monolithic 7 series, a few snouted 4 series (for once I'd want a front plate, to break up the gaping nostrils) and several run of the mill 3 series. And SUVs, little or no interest there.
    Probably most interesting was a garishly wrapped i8.

    A pleasant experience, but I do miss the cookies.

    I'd have gone South if that dealer offered cookies! :D
    My Subaru dealer has bottled water or coffee. They used to have iced tea and Gatorade too. They have potato chips, corn chips, Cheetos, and gummy fruit candies.

    My BMW dealer has...humm. I don't know. I didn't have to go in for any service. :|
    Subaru people must have really unhealthy diets......the dealer serves garbage food.
    MB had chicken noodle soup and delicious chicken Caesar wraps! :|
    But it's free there.

    2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    venture said:

    driver100 said:

    venture said:

    driver100 said:

    Took the M240 to have a defective right rear LED array replaced under warranty. I've got two BMW dealers, north and south of us, ~equidistant. I decided to head north to avoid the (admittedly off-season) Cape Cod bridges.
    A new, nice and communicative SA, didn't yet have cards. But, unlike the Cape dealer, no cookies/chips/sodas available (just coffee/tea/water) while waiting. Oh, the indignity of it all.
    And, not much in the way of new inventory to amuse me; a monolithic 7 series, a few snouted 4 series (for once I'd want a front plate, to break up the gaping nostrils) and several run of the mill 3 series. And SUVs, little or no interest there.
    Probably most interesting was a garishly wrapped i8.

    A pleasant experience, but I do miss the cookies.

    I'd have gone South if that dealer offered cookies! :D
    My Subaru dealer has bottled water or coffee. They used to have iced tea and Gatorade too. They have potato chips, corn chips, Cheetos, and gummy fruit candies.

    My BMW dealer has...humm. I don't know. I didn't have to go in for any service. :|
    Subaru people must have really unhealthy diets......the dealer serves garbage food.
    MB had chicken noodle soup and delicious chicken Caesar wraps! :|
    But it's free there.
    Good point.
    But, they should try to keep their customers healthy, so they can buy more cars.

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 18,920
    venture said:

    driver100 said:



    Subaru people must have really unhealthy diets......the dealer serves garbage food.
    MB had chicken noodle soup and delicious chicken Caesar wraps! :|

    But it's free there.
    As the old saying goes, there's no free lunch.

    However, I don't go to an auto service dept for the fine cuisine.

    2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    ab348 said:

    venture said:

    driver100 said:



    Subaru people must have really unhealthy diets......the dealer serves garbage food.
    MB had chicken noodle soup and delicious chicken Caesar wraps! :|

    But it's free there.
    As the old saying goes, there's no free lunch.

    However, I don't go to an auto service dept for the fine cuisine.
    Homemade chicken noodle soup at MB is a gourmet delight.

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    Flying to Victoria B.C. today to see children and grandchildren!
    I may not post as often, but don't worry, I am still around.

    2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,453
    driver100 said:

    venture said:

    driver100 said:

    Took the M240 to have a defective right rear LED array replaced under warranty. I've got two BMW dealers, north and south of us, ~equidistant. I decided to head north to avoid the (admittedly off-season) Cape Cod bridges.
    A new, nice and communicative SA, didn't yet have cards. But, unlike the Cape dealer, no cookies/chips/sodas available (just coffee/tea/water) while waiting. Oh, the indignity of it all.
    And, not much in the way of new inventory to amuse me; a monolithic 7 series, a few snouted 4 series (for once I'd want a front plate, to break up the gaping nostrils) and several run of the mill 3 series. And SUVs, little or no interest there.
    Probably most interesting was a garishly wrapped i8.

    A pleasant experience, but I do miss the cookies.

    I'd have gone South if that dealer offered cookies! :D
    My Subaru dealer has bottled water or coffee. They used to have iced tea and Gatorade too. They have potato chips, corn chips, Cheetos, and gummy fruit candies.

    My BMW dealer has...humm. I don't know. I didn't have to go in for any service. :|
    Subaru people must have really unhealthy diets......the dealer serves garbage food.
    MB had chicken noodle soup and delicious chicken Caesar wraps! :|
    You know, the few times I’ve been to a dealer, the last thing I noticed was what kind of snacks/beverages they had laying around. If I needed to wait, I’d arrange for a ride as my time is too valuable to spend it hanging around a garage.

    This morning I had new Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires installed on my son’s Fusion and Sam’s Club doesn’t have comfy chairs or lattes so we left and came back when they were done. While I was waiting I had coffee brewed just the way I like it and a croissant at cafe’ oldfarmer.

    2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,453
    driver100 said:

    ab348 said:

    venture said:

    driver100 said:



    Subaru people must have really unhealthy diets......the dealer serves garbage food.
    MB had chicken noodle soup and delicious chicken Caesar wraps! :|

    But it's free there.
    As the old saying goes, there's no free lunch.

    However, I don't go to an auto service dept for the fine cuisine.
    Homemade chicken noodle soup at MB is a gourmet delight.
    Whose home was it made in? I’m not sure I want some greasy handed mechanic making my soup.😝

    2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 232,957

    driver100 said:

    venture said:

    driver100 said:

    Took the M240 to have a defective right rear LED array replaced under warranty. I've got two BMW dealers, north and south of us, ~equidistant. I decided to head north to avoid the (admittedly off-season) Cape Cod bridges.
    A new, nice and communicative SA, didn't yet have cards. But, unlike the Cape dealer, no cookies/chips/sodas available (just coffee/tea/water) while waiting. Oh, the indignity of it all.
    And, not much in the way of new inventory to amuse me; a monolithic 7 series, a few snouted 4 series (for once I'd want a front plate, to break up the gaping nostrils) and several run of the mill 3 series. And SUVs, little or no interest there.
    Probably most interesting was a garishly wrapped i8.

    A pleasant experience, but I do miss the cookies.

    I'd have gone South if that dealer offered cookies! :D
    My Subaru dealer has bottled water or coffee. They used to have iced tea and Gatorade too. They have potato chips, corn chips, Cheetos, and gummy fruit candies.

    My BMW dealer has...humm. I don't know. I didn't have to go in for any service. :|
    Subaru people must have really unhealthy diets......the dealer serves garbage food.
    MB had chicken noodle soup and delicious chicken Caesar wraps! :|
    You know, the few times I’ve been to a dealer, the last thing I noticed was what kind of snacks/beverages they had laying around. If I needed to wait, I’d arrange for a ride as my time is too valuable to spend it hanging around a garage.

    This morning I had new Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires installed on my son’s Fusion and Sam’s Club doesn’t have comfy chairs or lattes so we left and came back when they were done. While I was waiting I had coffee brewed just the way I like it and a croissant at cafe’ oldfarmer.
    They do have an all-beef hot dog and soda for $1.50, though

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

Sign In or Register to comment.