Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,352
    driver100 said:

Flying to Victoria B.C. today to see children and grandchildren!
    I may not post as often, but don't worry, I am still around.

————————————————
    What did we do to deserve this break? o:)

Have a good trip.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,278
    The way things are going in here, we might as well pivot to discussing under posted speed limits and left lane campers again. :persevere::wink: Do you have to get over when someone is merging? The right of way to that road belongs to you -- and to you only. Anyone wanting to merge into your lane would have to yield to you. You have no obligation to slow traffic down to allow other traffic to come in, unless it's an active emergency vehicle of course.Nov 19, 2020

There is a legal concept that states that if you can avoid an accident you must do so. Failure to do so could result in you being found partly at fault. I believe it's called the last clear chance Doctrine.

So if the other driver merges into you and you could have avoided the accident by slowing down or changing lanes then you could be found partly at fault for the accident.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

Sitting at dealer waiting for diagnosis on oil leak from turbo oil return line.
    They have pickups on frontline new and couple of SUVs. Lots of cars used have been bought in.

I can't find the bagels or chicken noodle soup.
    We do have a charge station for phones, but one has to bring own cord. At least the one tire store I used had cords for various devices attached to the charger.

Pet peeve: wax buildup along bottom of metal door frames from power floor polishers that should be removed occasionally.

I am sitting at the Honda dealership getting the oil changed on the bike. I am really liking the naked Rebel 1100. And as a side note no bagels or chicken noodle soup either. However the coke machine is really cheap.

Good news! Honda is building a 5 liter(302 CI) V8. Bad news, it's marine engine. https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/honda-finally-built-a-v-8-engine/ar-AA1h6PIt?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=0db41af6beac4dceaf23eca61dd1e2c5&ei=26

Oh the Marine Corps always get the good stuff.

parasitic draws can drive you nuts. I love watching pine hollow auto diagnostics videos where he is tracking them down, and how he approaches it. Very cool doing electronic diagnostics. his current series is on a 2018 LR Discovery (big shock there) with some weird problems, biggest being intermittent no crank. Seems that the problem was the backup power supply (a 3.6v rechargeable battery) for the telematics control module was going bad. And that was enough for the TCU to say nope, push the button all you want, I ain't telling the ECU to start the car. even by LR that makes little sense. I could see popping a message that the battery is bad, and need to replace it, but if the main power is there, why not start?

We once had an intermittent no crank on our Chrysler. Turned out that the part of the starter connecting to the engine had a section where the teeth on the gear was missing. If that section was in contact with the engine there was no crank.

I've seen hundreds of NFL football games in my 78 years, many in person, however I've never seen anything like this afternoon's game between Denver and Miami. Miami scored 10 touchdowns and only had to punt once in the four quarters. Let's face it, Denver is not the best team in the NFL, but they are not the worst either. With only 2+ minutes left in the game, Miami had an opportunity to kick a field goal to end up scoring 73 points in order to set a new NFL record for most points scored in a game. But they were true champs when the coach, Mike McDaniels, made the decision to have the quarterback take a knee in order to turn the ball over in downs to Denver on their own 10 yard line. That's showing class - why tack on points to an already defeated Denver in order to set an NFL record. McDaniel's is already taking lots of heat for denying his team an NFL record, but he was a bigger man than that. Final score - 70 to 20. If you can see the game on YouTube, it is definitely worth your time. Miami quarterback Tua passed for about another 300+ yards with 4 TD passes and a total of over 700 total yards in offense. Miraculous.

That's nothing, in 1916 Georgia Tech beat Cumberland 222 to 0.

When I read my Kindle now, I always make sure the page I see when I open it has a flag(bookmark). The little one likes to open it and swipe away. You unlock it by swiping the screen and move back or forward by swiping the screen.
    ———————————————— Did you ever think of reading how-to magazines? BTW, you won’t get shocked putting a fork in a receptacle unless some part of your body is touching something that is electrically grounded. All that does is create a big spark before popping the breaker. You might have to change your skivvies after doing that but you won’t get shocked. Don’t fall for old wives tales. jmonroe

Yeah but you will get a shock if you stick your finger in a live light socket.

Don't ask me how I know.

Had a team building work outing day. Went and played pickle ball. Was actually a lot of fun. I plan to try it again when I get back home.
    Great....it seems to me that 99% of the people who try pickleball become addicted to it.

That makes me a 1 percenter.

Took the M240 to have a defective right rear LED array replaced under warranty. I've got two BMW dealers, north and south of us, ~equidistant. I decided to head north to avoid the (admittedly off-season) Cape Cod bridges. A new, nice and communicative SA, didn't yet have cards. But, unlike the Cape dealer, no cookies/chips/sodas available (just coffee/tea/water) while waiting. Oh, the indignity of it all. And, not much in the way of new inventory to amuse me; a monolithic 7 series, a few snouted 4 series (for once I'd want a front plate, to break up the gaping nostrils) and several run of the mill 3 series. And SUVs, little or no interest there. Probably most interesting was a garishly wrapped i8. A pleasant experience, but I do miss the cookies.
    I'd have gone South if that dealer offered cookies! :D
    My Subaru dealer has bottled water or coffee. They used to have iced tea and Gatorade too. They have potato chips, corn chips, Cheetos, and gummy fruit candies. My BMW dealer has...humm. I don't know. I didn't have to go in for any service. :|
    Subaru people must have really unhealthy diets......the dealer serves garbage food. MB had chicken noodle soup and delicious chicken Caesar wraps! :|
    But it's free there.
    Good point. But, they should try to keep their customers healthy, so they can buy more cars.

Maybe they want their customers to get fat so that they have to buy bigger more expensive cars.

When I read my Kindle now, I always make sure the page I see when I open it has a flag(bookmark).
    The little one likes to open it and swipe away. You unlock it by swiping the screen and move back or forward by swiping the screen.
    ————————————————
    Did you ever think of reading how-to magazines?

BTW, you won’t get shocked putting a fork in a receptacle unless some part of your body is touching something that is electrically grounded. All that does is create a big spark before popping the breaker. You might have to change your skivvies after doing that but you won’t get shocked. Don’t fall for old wives tales.

jmonroe

Yeah but you will get a shock if you stick your finger in a live light socket.

Don't ask me how I know.

————————————————
    How do you know?

I think I’m reverting back to my youth where one of my pit-falls was always doing things I was told not to do. Even putting my finger in a light socket…once. :'(

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)

parasitic draws can drive you nuts. I love watching pine hollow auto diagnostics videos where he is tracking them down, and how he approaches it. Very cool doing electronic diagnostics.

his current series is on a 2018 LR Discovery (big shock there) with some weird problems, biggest being intermittent no crank. Seems that the problem was the backup power supply (a 3.6v rechargeable battery) for the telematics control module was going bad. And that was enough for the TCU to say nope, push the button all you want, I ain't telling the ECU to start the car.

even by LR that makes little sense. I could see popping a message that the battery is bad, and need to replace it, but if the main power is there, why not start?

We once had an intermittent no crank on our Chrysler. Turned out that the part of the starter connecting to the engine had a section where the teeth on the gear was missing. If that section was in contact with the engine there was no crank.

————————————————
    I’m going to guess you had a Ford or a Chrysler product because the GM cars that I owned had a different starting mechanism where if you had missing teeth the car made a grinding sound but sometimes it started. I only had that happen one time, though.

jmonroe
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 56,992

The way things are going in here, we might as well pivot to discussing under posted speed limits and left lane campers again. :persevere:" alt=":persevere:" height="20" />:wink:" alt=":wink:" height="20" />

Do you have to get over when someone is merging?

The right of way to that road belongs to you -- and to you only. Anyone wanting to merge into your lane would have to yield to you. You have no obligation to slow traffic down to allow other traffic to come in, unless it's an active emergency vehicle of course.Nov 19, 2020

There is a legal concept that states that if you can avoid an accident you must do so. Failure to do so could result in you being found partly at fault. I believe it's called the last clear chance Doctrine.

So if the other driver merges into you and you could have avoided the accident by slowing down or changing lanes then you could be found partly at fault for the accident.

The key is proving that it was avoidable. Good luck! "Could" doesn't count for much.

Reminds me of an incident years ago where a teenage girl ran a stop sign and t-boned my friend's car. Her defense was effectively "he should have avoided me!". Thankfully, logic and accountability prevailed no matter what "could" have happened, and her excuse was denied. Try that crap with me and I'd be going legal medieval for a real settlement.
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 18,919
    driver100 said:

Homemade chicken noodle soup at MB is a gourmet delight.

To me, “homemade” requires made from scratch, so a leftover roasted chicken carcass with the meat removed and set aside, then stock made from the rest of it with herbs, spices and veg, then additional veg along with the noodles, cut up meat, and spices added to create the soup itself. That requires a fully equipped kitchen and a pantry full of ingredients, along with staff able to do it all. I’m trying to imagine any scenario where a car dealer would be able to justify that investment.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

edited September 2023
    jmonroe1 said:

snakeweasel said:

————————————————
    I’m going to guess you had a Ford or a Chrysler product because the GM cars that I owned had a different starting mechanism where if you had missing teeth the car made a grinding sound but sometimes it started. I only had that happen one time, though.

jmonroe

Good guess, you must have ESP or something.

fintail said:

The way things are going in here, we might as well pivot to discussing under posted speed limits and left lane campers again. :persevere:" alt=":persevere:" height="20" />:wink:" alt=":wink:" height="20" />

Do you have to get over when someone is merging?

The right of way to that road belongs to you -- and to you only. Anyone wanting to merge into your lane would have to yield to you. You have no obligation to slow traffic down to allow other traffic to come in, unless it's an active emergency vehicle of course.Nov 19, 2020

The key is proving that it was avoidable. Good luck! "Could" doesn't count for much.

Reminds me of an incident years ago where a teenage girl ran a stop sign and t-boned my friend's car. Her defense was effectively "he should have avoided me!". Thankfully, logic and accountability prevailed no matter what "could" have happened, and her excuse was denied. Try that crap with me and I'd be going legal medieval for a real settlement.

I had a coworker one time who got into an accident and a well meaning fool with a dashcam caught it all on the dash cam and sent it to her and she forwarded onto the insurance company. The other insurance company saw the footage and declared that she could have avoided the accident and guess what? she ended up getting hit with a partial blame. I think she was assigned 10% blame for the accident.

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

To me, “homemade” requires made from scratch, so a leftover roasted chicken carcass with the meat removed and set aside, then stock made from the rest of it with herbs, spices and veg, then additional veg along with the noodles, cut up meat, and spices added to create the soup itself. That requires a fully equipped kitchen and a pantry full of ingredients, along with staff able to do it all. I’m trying to imagine any scenario where a car dealer would be able to justify that investment.
    Hey, if I have to heat it up it's homemade.

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,646
    My time ain't so valuable; I kinda enjoy hanging out at the dealership. Of course, only when under warranty. And, as in the past, when there were multiple interesting cars to check out.
    I guess I got spoiled by the Lexus dealer, as their freebie food kept escalating every so often, from assorted beverages and packaged granola bars/fruit, adding pastries, ultimately salads, sandwiches, cookies, brownies and ice cream. I am a free-seeking missile...
    After getting the de rigueur rain this weekend, next week is looking sunny and in the 70s; where shall the M240 and I roam topless?

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

jmonroe1 said:

snakeweasel said:

————————————————

jmonroe
    Good guess, you must have ESP or something.
    ————————————————
    Nah, I’m a know-it-all. Mrs. j has told me that so many times, I believe it. o:)

jmonroe
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,247
    Speaking of dealers, I mentioned on CCBA that yesterday I noticed that the LR tire on the C43 had developed a slow leak. I drove to the Tire Discounters just around the corner from my house. The manager was there and he told me that they don't repair run-flat tires (he must have been at lunch when the same shop repaired a RFT on my wife's X1). I explained that I had not run the tire flat -it was showing 30 psi- but no dice. I ended up pumping the tire up to the maximum number on the sidewall and driving it to my M-B dealer just 30 minutes before the service department closed. I had to leave it at the dealer but the SA said that the tire would be patched if it was safe to do so.
    The dealer called me at 10 am this morning and told me the C43 was ready to be picked up. The tire was able to be repaired- for the princely sum of $49.20. The car was also washed and ready to go when I picked it up.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,453
    kyfdx said:

driver100 said:

venture said:

driver100 said:

Took the M240 to have a defective right rear LED array replaced under warranty. I've got two BMW dealers, north and south of us, ~equidistant. I decided to head north to avoid the (admittedly off-season) Cape Cod bridges.
    A new, nice and communicative SA, didn't yet have cards. But, unlike the Cape dealer, no cookies/chips/sodas available (just coffee/tea/water) while waiting. Oh, the indignity of it all.
    And, not much in the way of new inventory to amuse me; a monolithic 7 series, a few snouted 4 series (for once I'd want a front plate, to break up the gaping nostrils) and several run of the mill 3 series. And SUVs, little or no interest there.
    Probably most interesting was a garishly wrapped i8.

A pleasant experience, but I do miss the cookies.

I'd have gone South if that dealer offered cookies! :D
    My Subaru dealer has bottled water or coffee. They used to have iced tea and Gatorade too. They have potato chips, corn chips, Cheetos, and gummy fruit candies.

My BMW dealer has...humm. I don't know. I didn't have to go in for any service. :|
    Subaru people must have really unhealthy diets......the dealer serves garbage food.
    MB had chicken noodle soup and delicious chicken Caesar wraps! :|
    You know, the few times I’ve been to a dealer, the last thing I noticed was what kind of snacks/beverages they had laying around. If I needed to wait, I’d arrange for a ride as my time is too valuable to spend it hanging around a garage.

This morning I had new Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires installed on my son’s Fusion and Sam’s Club doesn’t have comfy chairs or lattes so we left and came back when they were done. While I was waiting I had coffee brewed just the way I like it and a croissant at cafe’ oldfarmer.
    They do have an all-beef hot dog and soda for $1.50, though
    That’s true. They also have a foot long churro for a buck. Still, I don’t know if I’d want to chow down sitting on a picnic table among crying babies and watching people buy toilet paper in bulk.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

edited October 2023

My time ain't so valuable; I kinda enjoy hanging out at the dealership. Of course, only when under warranty. And, as in the past, when there were multiple interesting cars to check out.
    I guess I got spoiled by the Lexus dealer, as their freebie food kept escalating every so often, from assorted beverages and packaged granola bars/fruit, adding pastries, ultimately salads, sandwiches, cookies, brownies and ice cream. I am a free-seeking missile...
    After getting the de rigueur rain this weekend, next week is looking sunny and in the 70s; where shall the M240 and I roam topless?

Take Rt. 100 up through the center of Vermont. The leaves are just starting to change. Or you could take I-91 up to the Hartland exit and have lunch at Mike’s gas station and deli on rt. 5. Their chicken on a stick is listed in the Enterprise driver’s restaurant guide. From there it’s a nice drive up to Quechee Gorge.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

Update on the big airport car heist. Seems that not only Avis but Hertz got hit. At Hertz they have video of three idiots peering into their booth and then throwing a brick through the glass. They managed to find a key for a Nissan Rogue.

Evidently, these guys were on a crime spree having stolen a Durango from a nearby apartment complex. They obviously didn’t care if they were caught because they wore no masks or gloves. Of course they were caught.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,809

Getting caught because what you stole broke down. That’ll make good convo in the jail cell.

'08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    ab348 said:

driver100 said:

To be clear, the soup, sandwiches and baked goods are home made at my M.B. dealer. They probably have over 100 employees and would need a cafeteria anyway. Plus they have a lot of customers waiting, not to mention nail salon and golf driving range....you could make a trip to MB for a days outing.

Btw....my tire patch cost $110.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 238,175
    driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

To be clear, the soup, sandwiches and baked goods are home made at my M.B. dealer. They probably have over 100 employees and would need a cafeteria anyway. Plus they have a lot of customers waiting, not to mention nail salon and golf driving range....you could make a trip to MB for a days outing.

Interesting, I think I paid like $20 to get the run flat tire on my daughters MINI repaired when it caught a nail.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited October 2023
    Trip is going well. We saw an old friend last week and his son was the pilot on our Westjet flight....perfect flight and landing.

Our taxi was a 2007 Toyota EV with 300000 miles on it. It had a new battery and was completely renewed....it was a .Iike new except the headliner.

Michaell said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

Interesting, I think I paid like $20 to get the run flat tire on my daughters MINI repaired when it caught a nail.
    Yeh but...no home made chicken noodle soup and wraps, or simulated driving range.

qbrozen said:

Getting caught because what you stole broke down. That’ll make good convo in the jail cell.

Ha ha, nobody goes to jail in NY. They turned one whole wing of the county lock up into a homeless shelter which lead to two other car thefts.

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

My son got his tire patched at my “guy” for $16.50. No soup or golf.

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

————————————————
    110 bucks for a tire patch? Even with Canadian dollars that’s on the high side since most places here would charge less than $50. Now you know where your free home made chicken soup comes from.

Like the man said, “there ain’t no such thing as a free lunch”.

jmonroe
    edited October 2023
    jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

————————————————
    110 bucks for a tire patch? Even with Canadian dollars that’s on the high side since most places here would charge less than $50. Now you know where your free home made chicken soup comes from.

jmonroe
    Maybe driver got a kiss and received a bouquet of flowers the next morning.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,166

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

No charge at Sam’s for members

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

————————————————

jmonroe
    ————————————————
    Be nice. Don’t ruin his vacation.

jmonroe
    jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

————————————————

jmonroe
    ————————————————

jmonroe
    I guess you could also say that he ended up having a $60 bowl of soup...

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

————————————————

jmonroe
    ————————————————

jmonroe
    "All the soup for you!" (twisted Seinfield reference)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,101
    How much is a round of real golf? ;)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,226

Finally made it home. Only took 28 hours to get from Dallas to upstate NY. Friday was not a day to be in NYC.

I may have posted this yesterday but I was so wiped out I barely remember.

I’m too old to be dealing with this air travel nonsense.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,226

Farmer, at the end of the week I might hit you up for an itinerary. If we clear the schedule (aka I get the lawn mowed Friday) we are thinking of taking a ride up through Vermont for leaves and maple syrup and maybe stay over Saturday night someplace.

Though possible the weather will stink. Par for the course.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

mjfloyd1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

No charge at Sam’s for members
    He’s not a member and my guy does it while you wait.

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

Discount 13% sales tax and 35% exchange rate and it is more like a $70 patch.....less free coffee makes it a $65 patch. Oh, and the car wash is worth $15 making it a $50 patch.

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

————————————————

jmonroe
    ————————————————

jmonroe
    ————————————————
    I’ve had some mighty good home made chicken soup in my day (think of a grandmother that brought her recipe over in the boat with her) but even that wouldn’t tempt me to pay 60 bucks for a bowl of soup.

jmonroe
    jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

————————————————

jmonroe
    ————————————————

jmonroe
    ————————————————
    I’ve had some mighty good home made chicken soup in my day (think of a grandmother that brought her recipe over in the boat with her) but even that wouldn’t tempt me to pay 60 bucks for a bowl of soup.

jmonroe
    I can do you one better. One of the offerings we have at the cooking studio is a single class - 75 minutes long, for $60. 3 kids showed up yesterday morning, their parents having paid that much for them to make pancakes from scratch.

When the $60 option was announced, we thought nobody would be silly enough to pay that. We apparently live in an area where money is way more prevalent than common sense.

Which is good for us.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Well I can play the 9 hole course (all par 3 holes) at the local park district for $16 on a weekday. Dubsdread at Cog Hill southwest of Chicago can cost you $150 or more for 18 holes.

If a garage is not busy charging $20 for a patch could make sense. What do mechanics make, $20 to $30 an hour?
    But for a busy M.B. garage in Canada that charges $140 an hour it is a loss working on a patch for even $50 when you can make $100s or $1000s doing real repairs.
    When I got my patch the indies and chain stores didn't want to be bothered putting a patch on, the MB dealer did it to keep a customer happy.
    And that is the way it is these days.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 18,919
    jmonroe1 said:

Maybe driver bought a hat while he was there that he didn’t tell us about.

https://youtu.be/vmEV1d7RPvg?si=tE_h3B9yrvEMgoeV

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,101
    @ab348,
    One of my favorite Rodney lines. B)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Michaell said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

ab348 said:

driver100 said:

————————————————

jmonroe
    ————————————————

jmonroe
    ————————————————

jmonroe
    I can do you one better. One of the offerings we have at the cooking studio is a single class - 75 minutes long, for $60. 3 kids showed up yesterday morning, their parents having paid that much for them to make pancakes from scratch.

When the $60 option was announced, we thought nobody would be silly enough to pay that. We apparently live in an area where money is way more prevalent than common sense.

Which is good for us.
    ————————————————
    You’re right that was good for you. You don’t happen to have the contact info for those parents do you? I’d like to sell them a bridge for $50 and I can complete the transaction in 15 minutes.

jmonroe
    ab348 said:

jmonroe1 said:

Maybe driver bought a hat while he was there that he didn’t tell us
    Perfect!

Well I can play the 9 hole course (all par 3 holes) at the local park district for $16 on a weekday. Dubsdread at Cog Hill southwest of Chicago can cost you $150 or more for 18 holes.
    * What kind of golf course costs $16? Quicksand!
    * $150! You can get a tire patch plus simulated golf for $110 at my MB dealer.