Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,832
    We were headed south on I-99 today, passing a long string of traffic. At the head of the slower moving lane of traffic was a white YUGO!

I can't remember the last time I saw one and didn't remember how tiny they were. This one is in pretty good shape - for a Yugo I guess.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,457
    venture said:

Snowblower started on the first pull today. I think I used it once or twice last year.
    We are supposed to get snow Tuesday. Someone said 3 to 6 but who knows.

I added some new gas to the tank and pushed the start button. It cranked a few seconds and started.

Same here. Once or maybe twice.
    I gave up on all that effort years ago and now I have a neighbor do it all. He came last week and put in guide stakes and will automatically plow after 3” have fallen.

All I have to do is between the cars and the walks.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,884

Snowblower started on the first pull today. I think I used it once or twice last year.

No thank you

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 233,067

My lawnmower fired right up on Friday. 1st pull. :o

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,243

Put the baby truck to work doing truck things today. Much better than wrestling into a roof rack and scratching the paint, or shoving it inside and driving with the hatch hanging open and getting needles and sap all over the interior.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,944
    So, I have a Galaxy A11 cell phone, and I want to plug it into the USB in the console in the 2014 C250. The 1st cord MrsD100 ordered didn't have the right connection to the car.
    What cord can I buy from amazon that will fit into the cell phone, and ito the C250 for charging purposes.

Sorry for the mess, I just pushed everything out of the way to take the picture.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,737

Driver -
    Looked up your phone and it’s USB C. Your Mercedes most definitely should be A due to its age.

So - this should work

Amazon Basics USB-C to USB-A 2.0 Fast Charger Cable, 480Mbps Speed, USB-IF Certified, for Apple iPhone 15, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Tablets, Laptops, 6 Foot, Black https://a.co/d/8GnRvd8

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

stickguy said:

Put the baby truck to work doing truck things today. Much better than wrestling into a roof rack and scratching the paint, or shoving it inside and driving with the hatch hanging open and getting needles and sap all over the interior.

Isn’t your neighbor going to be mad when he finds that tree missing from his lawn?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2004 Chevy Van, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,278
    stickguy said:

Why do you people tempt me so with such straight lines?

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

Wow! That Eagles/Bills game was incredible. One of the best regular season games I’ve ever watched.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,815

@tjc78 said:
    Wow! That Eagles/Bills game was incredible. One of the best regular season games I’ve ever watched.

Of course, Bills fans will focus on how the refs robbed them with missed calls (and disregard the numerous missed false start calls against their team). But I did enjoy the nail biting.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

edited November 2023

@qbrozen said:

@tjc78 said:

Of course, Bills fans will focus on how the refs robbed them with missed calls (and disregard the numerous missed false start calls against their team). But I did enjoy the nail biting.

Yep.. sure they already are. Missed calls on both sides. The second call on Kelce was pretty bad too IMO.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,108
    The NFL is becoming unwatchable like the NBA.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 18,929
    Refs love making ticky-tack calls. I hate how every close call is analyzed in super slo-mo and parsed to an inch of its life.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,646
    Professional football has left New England.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,290

Man. That game had my blood pressure way too high.

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
    Poor Mac Jones seemed to fall of a high shelf and is broken into a million pieces. Really hard to understand. I feel badly for him.

@explorerx4 said:
    The NFL is becoming unwatchable like the NBA.

I still very much enjoy it. Yeah the penalties can be a bit much sometimes, but a lot of it is for player safety.

I'm referring lack of penalty calls.
    Last week, Dobbs taking an obvious head hit, no penalty.
    Yesterday, Browns QB taking head hit, left field with blood all over mouth and as it turns out a concussion, no penalty.
    At least the league reviews and can hand out discipline, but the on the field game is affected.
    Also, OPI and DPI limits have become very fuzzy.
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,363

Man. That game had my blood pressure way too high.

————————————————
    Had no effect on me. But it was a good game. I liked it.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)

Yesterday, Browns QB taking head hit, left field with blood all over mouth and as it turns out a concussion, no penalty.
    At least the league reviews and can hand out discipline, but the on the field game is affected.

————————————————
    That’s what bothers me. Seems to be no consistency. As I understand it the refs have finite rules and have watched film for hours upon hours of what, at least regarding what is improper hits on the quarterback, yet some seem not to be on the same page as others.

I also understand the refs are graded on their last game’s performance yet we rarely hear about the flagrant hits that they missed.

Another call that bothers me is calling holding on an offensive lineman where that holding call had no consequence on the play that was run to the other side of the line is ridiculous.

Some of those refing crews have 4 quarters worth of flags way before the game has gotten to the 4th quarter.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
    jmonroe1 said:

————————————————
    That’s what bothers me. Seems to be no consistency. As I understand it the refs have finite rules and have watched film for hours upon hours of what, at least regarding what is improper hits on the quarterback, yet some seem not to be on the same page as others.

I also understand the refs are graded on their last game’s performance yet we rarely hear about the flagrant hits that they missed.

Another call that bothers me is calling holding on an offensive lineman where that holding call had no consequence on the play that was run to the other side of the line is ridiculous.

Some of those refing crews have 4 quarters worth of flags way before the game has gotten to the 4th quarter.

jmonroe
    ...and someday, hopefully, they will figure out what is a catch and what is not.

venture said:

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe
    ...and someday, hopefully, they will figure out what is a catch and what is not.
    ————————————————
    Don’t hold your breath. I doubt they’ll ever fidger that out.

jmonroe
    edited November 2023
    Got an email about buying tickets to the Rolling Stones tour.
    Tour is sponsored by AARP. :)

Have you seen those guys? They’re lucky there aren’t trips sponsored by funeral parlors.

Have you seen those guys? They’re lucky there aren’t trips sponsored by funeral parlors.
    Keith Richards waiting for the others to get old enough to start a band.

I have a neighbor who always has two top end cars at his place, and they change every week. These are not expensive homes so I figure he either leases top end cars or is in the drug trade. This week he has an AMG GT53 parked outside. To me, it is a really ugly looking car...it reminds me of a bathtub;

Did you move to Colorado?

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,000
    driver100 said:

I have a neighbor who always has two top end cars at his place, and they change every week. These are not expensive homes so I figure he either leases top end cars or is in the drug trade. This week he has an AMG GT53 parked outside. To me, it is a really ugly looking car...it reminds me of a bathtub;

Funny, I've maybe affectionately nicknamed the MB EVs "bathtub".

Those four door coupes and their CUV counterparts can be an acquired taste.

Our EQE is growing on me. Not the best looking thing ever made but could be worse.

fintail said:

driver100 said:

And the front reminds me of a sea bass.

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

And the front reminds me of a sea bass.
    ————————————————
    Grilled I take it. :p

jmonroe
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,251
    edited November 2023
    Tonight I attended an early access fan screening of Godzilla Minus One in IMAX. Now, I've been a fan of Kaiju (giant monsters) since I saw Gigantis the Fire Monster (a US recut of Godzilla Raids Again) on the late show in second grade, and I've seen every Toho Godzilla movie as well as the ones in Legendary's MonsterVerse, and Godzilla Minus One is definitely in my top 3. It's not just a great Godzilla movie- it's a great movie period, as shown by its 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Obviously if you don't care for the science fiction/fantasy genre you probably won't like this new iteration- but I think if you give it a chance you'll be pleasantly surprised,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvSrHIX5a-0

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,646
    SXM has magically reappeared in the M240; a quick google reveals free trial to December 4.
    Hey, hey, my, my!
    And, with little pushback, was able to renew using the chat for $4.99/mo (base rate) in the A7.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,103

They have been sending me $4 month offers.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

SXM has magically reappeared in the M240; a quick google reveals free trial to December 4.
    Hey, hey, my, my!
    And, with little pushback, was able to renew using the chat for $4.99/mo (base rate) in the A7.

Every time I see this, I think about flying to St Maarten.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I'm sure @driver100 will have an opinion on the pickleball predicament that has befallen my town:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/hrm-search-for-solutions-noisy-halifax-pickleball-courts-1.7043675

My wife is an avid pickle baller. But, there is no place she plays (at least three outdoor venues) that would be a sound issue for neighbors. Which is obviously a real issue in many places.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Should t be any noisier than tennis courts.

stickguy said:

Should t be any noisier than tennis courts.

Plastic ball.. definitely a different, higher pitched sound

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,251

I told my bride that I picked out my retirement present- and she has a year to save up…

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

I told my bride that I picked out my retirement present- and she has a year to save up…

————————————————
    Good luck. I hope it works for you. Mine failed the test miserably about 10 years ago.

jmonroe
    ab348 said:

I'm sure @driver100 will have an opinion on the pickleball predicament that has befallen my town:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/hrm-search-for-solutions-noisy-halifax-pickleball-courts-1.7043675

That seems to be an issue in lots of places. I play indoors 95% of the time so that isn't a problem. I have never heard of bringing port-a-potties before, now there's an idea. All the people in those houses have to do is put on some nice background music or watch Judge Judy or Dr Phil and they won't hear a thing.

They are trying to make quieter balls, but not too much success yet. The ball is hard plastic and it is hitting a hard surface....a paddle, not a soft tennis ball hitting strings in a racquet.

ab348 said:

Yeah, those rowdy pickleball players can be noisy. Just the scraping of their walkers and canes can drive you batty.😄

Maybe they should do what my town did, build the pickleball courts at the airport next to the jetway. The soft tones of the jets winding up drowns out the ruckus.

ab348 said:

Yeah, those rowdy pickleball players can be noisy. Just the scraping of their walkers and canes can drive you batty.😄

Maybe they should do what my town did, build the pickleball courts at the airport next to the jetway. The soft tones of the jets winding up drowns out the ruckus.
    ————————————————
    Even better, why not in or adjacent to cemeteries.

jmonroe
    jmonroe1 said:

ab348 said:

————————————————
    Even better, why not in or adjacent to cemeteries.

jmonroe
    Might wake the dead! :p
    Actually not a bad idea....mourners may not like it.

In other news....almost 4000 car dealers are complaining that EVs aren't selling and they have money tied up in vehicles that are sitting on their lots.

A collective of 3,882 dealers from across 50 states notes that production has outpaced demand and has resulted in lots full of unsold EVs. Despite an increase of EV sales in 2023 (expected to be around 9% of all new passenger vehicles in 2023, per Atlas Public Policy’s EV Hub), consumers haven’t been snapping them up in meaningful numbers.