Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,085
    edited November 2016
    jmonroe said:

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the name brands but the funny thing is that one outfit gave me a quote for a Goodman and his price was more than the Lenox and a Carrier quote that I got

From what I remember, Goodman was bought by Daikin a while back. Goodman used to be lower-end than Lennox or Carrier but I think Lennox is now low man on the totem pole. Daikin is adapting some of their heat pump tech to work in a whole-house application now so it might be worth a look.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    My wife came home from work work this afternoon to discover that our sump pump had burnt out. This was a fun scene to come home to:

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Here's my new sump pump working its 1/3 horsepower magic

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    Last year I put (had put in) a Kenwood stereo that has a CD player that I seldom use, a USB port and Bluetooth.

I mostly stream. Pandora and Spotify. Great.

On credit cards I put everything on the Costco Visa. Have about $159 credit at the moment. The great thing is you don't have to make a major haul to use the check. They take the purchase price off it and give you cash in change.

Horrible incident today. My second daughter, who lives about an hour from here has kept her Bernie magnet on the car as her way of saying the nomination was rigged. Last night someone slashed two of her tires. It was the Bernie magnet that did it because the other two cars were untouched. Who the hell thinks this is all right? Went over there, called the insurance company for roadside maintenance (AAA limits number of visits in a given year, I used a few and Michelle has no idea wee her card is). Took the better part of two hours for the guy to show up but he did a good job and I had him bring it to the nearest Costco which was 15 miles away. Probably another 2 hours for installation and based on treadwear covered a pair of Michelin Premiers (an upgrade from the Bridgestones that were out of stock) at a total cost of $53.

The good thing is I got to visit the house she shares with a married couple of friends who have said they don't want kids and Michelle can stay forever if she likes. Cheap rent. The wife was home so the three of us chatted, I got the house tour, invited them for Thanksgiving which they accepted and a mostly good time other than the incessant waiting.

For the rest of the time I had Michelle, who is 24, all to myself. First time in a dog's age. She bought lunch which is the first time any kid of mine has done that. Says she'll pay me for the tire. Really good kid. Purple hair...

She lost a day's pay and is on a schedule that will improve her income considerably but that day will make getting there a day or two later. She's between things. Has an AS degree in ASL but the licensing for certification as a sign interpreter is in flux right now. Previously that degree and passing a test, which she'd ace, would do it. Now they are talking a bachelor's degree (which she want to pursue anyway) but not sure if it has to be in ASL or just have enough credits in it (which she already has). While taking the time out she took a job as a dog washer (a natural because she's an animal whisperer so it's another passion for her) for Petsmart and was good enough that they sent her to grooming academy to learn that and became full time. Right now she gets paid hourly. When she grooms her 299th dog she gets a 50% commission or hourly if somehow the commission is smaller which is never. She's 23 dogs short and ticked off that she could have hit the teens due to a coward thug.

To me the day was worth it, even though the wife and I were going to have a days to oursleves. But I learned that I did a good job raising that kid.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I just don't get all this political divisiveness and really blame the behavior on both sides of Congress. Trump won under the rules of the Constitution. Like him or not, in two years a chunk of Congress is up for reelection, two more and the presidency. Why do people feel the need to fight or vandalize over it?
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    Probably another 2 hours for installation and based on treadwear covered a pair of Michelin Premiers (an upgrade from the Bridgestones that were out of stock) at a total cost of $53.

fezo - you got your daughter 2 Michelin's for only $53? Am I missing something?

I see guys riding motorcycles in Florida without a helmet. I see it....and I just don't get it..

driver100 - don't feel bad. I totally don't get riding a motorcycle on any paved American road with a helmet on. Totally don't get it and won't get it. Too danger - ous - a - mose.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    nyccarguy said:

Here's my new sump pump working its 1/3 horsepower magic

That has got to be a real PITA. Good luck with the cleanup.

I assume this will be covered by insurance, right?

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,517
    I have caught my sump pump dead a couple of time when the well was full to the brim, but thankfully before it went over the top. That is a scary feeling.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604

Seperate subject, kind of tempted to get an LG OLED TV. No doubt, best pic quality I've ever seen. And, I'm becoming more smitten with the 4K programs I'm seeing on Netflix and Amazon Prime. They're even offering some new movies on Blu Ray mastered in 4K. Still, the least expensive one (65") is $3K.

@graphicguy I picked one up two months ago. Just do it; you won't be disappointed.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976
    stickguy said:

I have caught my sump pump dead a couple of time when the well was full to the brim, but thankfully before it went over the top. That is a scary feeling.

Stick....first let me congratulate you...you are a genius. When I heard the new car would be delayed, we kind of scrambled to booked return flights (we walready had tickets to go, but didn't think we would be flying back)....and I never asked myself why I had to go back if it wasn't to pick up the car. We did plan some events, and airplane tickets aren't too easy to change...but, most things can be worked out.

The plan now is that I will stay in Florida with Gigi and Mrs D, my lovely trophy wife will fly back and do the things she has to do up there...she would have gone back anyway. We both can fly north when they guaranty the car is actually ready. There will be lots of changes with cancellations for flights and for medical insurance in the US, but, we can manage all that.

Still say this is a great place for good useful information.

RE: Sump pump being filled, don't some people have two pumps or a back up system?

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

nyccarguy said:

Here's my new sump pump working its 1/3 horsepower magic<>

Sorry to hear that nyc.......these things are so frustrating. Life is like lots of good things happening, between emergencies. Whenever I see flood victims I wonder how people get through those things, so much of their lives are gone. You are going to be greatly inconvenienced, but, at least your life will get back to normal fairly soon.....especially if you have a good insurance company.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    jipster said:

So any advice or suggestions on getting a new heating and air conditioning system?

I have a heat pump. My Lennox heat pump had gone 23 years. It needed a flow valve replaced on the inside coil that controls cooling freon flow. I should have replaced it within a year on the logic that the equivalent valve on the outside coil for heating cycle freon flow. 3 years later it went out just as some heat was needed for cool nights. Repair was going to cost $1000. I shouldn't have waited. Do it now.

Pick your company based on quality of unit by a company that has the wherewithall to engineer the systems to work. One big local HVAC pieces their together from suppliers and puts their own store label on them. Second, pick your company just like you pick a car based on the dealership and their service quality for after the sale. The difference in HVAC units (vehicles) is small compared compared to the difference in service from the stores.

I went with a Lennox and the same store that serviced the original unit when we bought the house. I picked a Lennox that was the highest SEER and heat rating unit that did NOT have multiple speeds. Fewer things to go wrong and the cost increases would not pay back over 15-20 years. The owner who does the estimates agreed with my logic: in fact he recommended the cheapest unit for the outside box. I went up from there.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2016
    driver100 said:

nyccarguy said:

Here's my new sump pump working its 1/3 horsepower magic<>

Sorry to hear that nyc.......these things are so frustrating. Life is like lots of good things happening, between emergencies. Whenever I see flood victims I wonder how people get through those things, so much of their lives are gone. You are going to be greatly inconvenienced, but, at least your life will get back to normal fairly soon.....especially if you have a good insurance company.
    I'm trying to help a woman buy a new Toyota this week. She lost her house and her cars to the flooding down in Baton Rouge back in August. They are living with her mom trying to put their life back together. It's a mess and I can hear the frustration in her emails.

Unfortunately, even though there's plenty of inventory down there now, the dealers are still playing the usual games and making the process harder than it needs to be.
    stickguy said:

I don't live in an area that uses "sump pumps" but I thought they had an alarm that goes off when the water rises to a critical level. Of course if the water rises to that level and you are out of the house and can't hear the alarm that won't help. However, with all the gizmos that are on the market today, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that there is an alarm system that would alert you via your smart phone if the water level got to the critical setpoint when you are out of the house.

Just my thoughts about this.

jmonroe

We do have a sump pump alarm with a battery backup. We don't have the alarm that alerts our smart phone. I will have my plumber install a powerless backup (works with water pressure) once this mess is cleared. Serve pro is coming to the house today to inspect & estimate.

Any suggestions on how to water proof before new carpeting gets installed?

I don't have a fancy alarm or back up. Thought about a battery unit but never found one. At this point, I'll ride it out until I move.

The problem I had wasn't no power, it was a burned out unit.

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    edited November 2016
    When I had my house built several years ago, the builder was planning to put in two sump pumps. I knew I wanted to eventually turn my basement into a rec area with wet bar, home theater, etc. Having a couple of sump pumps there didn't really lend itself to that....at least not easily.

I went to my local community and asked if I could put in drain tiles, instead. The builder, the city, the developer (was a new development at the time) and the architect all agreed it could be done. But, I'd need one on all 4 corners of my yard/house (in short, not cheap). Bit the bullet and did the drain tiles anyway.

Never had a drop of water for the last 20 years.

BRADD....that really sux. Insurance claim, maybe?
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    In another interation of things bizarre, I just got a notice from the Ohio BMV that I need to renew the tags on my 2014 CADILLAC CTS. They have the VIN# and the old plate #s correct on it.

So, I'm guessing the buyback's records show I still own it? Strange.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    driver100 said:

fintail said:

Toothless laws and even worse enforcement do a lot. Of course, I am now in a state where wearing a motorcycle helmet is seen as some kind of anti-freedom statement, so I guess it makes sense.

I laid on my horn today at a woman dinking around with her phone at a green light. Should be a steep fine.

driver100 said:

And, one in seven drivers admitted to Virginia tech researchers to texting while driving. 46 percent of the 16 and 17-year old’s say they text behind the wheel. Nearly half, 48 percent of 18 to 24-year-olds admit to violating anti-texting laws

I see guys riding motorcycles in Florida without a helmet. I see it....and I just don't get it..
    Reasons:

1. I can see and hear better without one, so I don't wear one for safety reasons
    2. It's my right not to wear one under the U.S. Constitution (article and paragraph become vague at this point)
    3. I have a fairing and I wear sunglasses, I don't need a helmet.
    4. I know this guy who had a friend who wore one and he had an accident and the helmet broke his neck.

In another interation of things bizarre, I just got a notice from the Ohio BMV that I need to renew the tags on my 2014 CADILLAC CTS. They have the VIN# and the old plate #s correct on it.

That's fairly common. Your old Cadillac is probably stuck in some computer glitch where the sale to the new owner is perpetually pending, so you don't get crossed off. Not your problem.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    edited November 2016

. They have the VIN# and the old plate #s correct on it.

https://ext.dps.state.oh.us/BMVOnlineServices.Public/TitleSearch.aspx

If that shows you still own it and it wasn't "bought back," I'd give call to my local title office to ask.

I think you're in Butler, title offices and phones are listed at bottom.
    http://bmv.ohio.gov/09.aspx

Somebody is driving the 14 CTS around Wisconsin on your license plates and your registration.
    IF they're in an accident, they'll just run away and leave the car there like some many do in
    the city of Dayton.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

I hope the old Caddie isn't used in a bank heist....they may come looking for you.

Just IMHO I would get it changed...but be prepared, it might take awhile to clear it up.

driver100 said:

fintail said:

Toothless laws and even worse enforcement do a lot. Of course, I am now in a state where wearing a motorcycle helmet is seen as some kind of anti-freedom statement, so I guess it makes sense.

I laid on my horn today at a woman dinking around with her phone at a green light. Should be a steep fine.

driver100 said:

And, one in seven drivers admitted to Virginia tech researchers to texting while driving. 46 percent of the 16 and 17-year old’s say they text behind the wheel. Nearly half, 48 percent of 18 to 24-year-olds admit to violating anti-texting laws

Reasons:

1. I can see and hear better without one, so I don't wear one for safety reasons
    2. It's my right not to wear one under the U.S. Constitution (article and paragraph become vague at this point)
    4. I know this guy who had a friend who wore one and he had an accident and the helmet broke his neck.
    At first I thought you were serious, but, you were giving the reasons some bikers would give.....right?
    I think #5 is:
    I like to feel the wind whistle through my hair.

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

Reasons:

We don't have a helmet law in Connecticut either. New York does. I think they've compared the accident & fatality rates of the 2 states (adjusted for population of course) and found no measurable difference. I see it all the time and it still freaks me out after living in CT for 6+ years. Plus it keeps my wife working (she's a Physical Therapist at Stamford Hospital). She treats post surgical patients.

@graphicguy - definitely an insurance claim. I'll keep you guys posted!

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

Reasons:

That 4th one is close to what a young guy that started to work for my company back in the early 80's said when the subject of seat belts came up. He said, "I'll never wear a seat belt, they are dangerous". When I asked him why they were dangerous he said, "my brother has a friend who knows someone who would have been killed if he wasn't thrown out of the car when it hit a pole, because it caught fire and if he wasn't thrown out he would have burned to death". When I said, "isn't that an exception? You've gone to school and took a statistics/probability course so were you out sick that day or what"? He refused to listen to anyone that tried to explain it to him. He should have failed that course.

jmonroe

Exactly. Every now and then I'm sure someone falls out of a 5 story window and lands on the back of a flatbed truck hauling used air mattresses to the dump, but the likelihood of a repeat performance isn't great.

"fezo - you got your daughter 2 Michelin's for only $53? Am I missing something?"

I guess so. The tires were bought at Costco and had warranty that covers blowouts, road hazards and indeed vandalism. Were it not for a small amount of treadwear they'd have been free. The fact they didn't have the exact match and gave us slightly upgraded tires made no difference.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
    jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

Reasons:

That 4th one is close to what a young guy that started to work for my company back in the early 80's said when the subject of seat belts came up. He said, "I'll never wear a seat belt, they are dangerous". When I asked him why they were dangerous he said, "my brother has a friend who knows someone who would have been killed if he wasn't thrown out of the car when it hit a pole, because it caught fire and if he wasn't thrown out he would have burned to death". When I said, "isn't that an exception? You've gone to school and took a statistics/probability course so were you out sick that day or what"? He refused to listen to anyone that tried to explain it to him. He should have failed that course.

jmonroe
    I've know a lot of people who think like that.

It's worse than that with airbags. "oh, the airbag will protect me." Not if you get tossed over it.

I've got a friend who is only still with us because he wore a helmet while out on his bicycle. Some woman not paying attention bolted out of a 7-11 and hit him. Broken bones, various traumatic injuries. Took him months to get use of his right arm working again. His helmet gave its all for him. The helmet gave its all for him. It was destroyed but his brain, such as it is, is and even right after the accident as good as it ever was.
  • houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    stickguy said:

I don't have a fancy alarm or back up. Thought about a battery unit but never found one. At this point, I'll ride it out until I move.

The problem I had wasn't no power, it was a burned out unit.

Dumb question, but wouldn't the battery back up work whether the power went out or the pump burned out?

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

Only if lost power. The motor stopped working all together, even with power

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676

driver100 said:

fintail said:

driver100 said:

Reasons:

In our neck of the woods we call them organ donors.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    Update

There is a company at my house ripping out the carpeting and padding. I called the insurance company and they told me the claim falls under a "pump failure/sewer backup clause." $5,000 max. The adjuster said he probably won't even send someone out to look at the damage, just cut me a check. Whoa! There's obviously much more than $5,000 worth of damage.

My agent are fighting to see how they can get the additional damage covered. The $5K will cover the clean up & then new carpeting or whatever type of flooring I decide to put down. What if I gave furniture, an entertainment system, a TV, my computer down there?

Thanks as always for the support guys

Skip the carpet. Go with something non absorbent. Laminate maybe. Rubber tiles. Can always through some cheap shag area rugs around for the kids.

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    We had a house that had dampness and sometimes water issues in the basement. My experience was the only flooring that really works long term in that environment was tile. But tile is expensive, so neighbors often used indoor/outdoor carpeting because it was cheaper and fairly easy to deal with.
  • houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    edited November 2016
    stickguy said:

Only if lost power. The motor stopped working all together, even with power

OK, so it was a dumb question !! I guess I was thinking the battery ran a separate unit.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,142
    I'm almost to the point where I think a helmet might be a good idea in a car, and I pretty much don't want to ride a motorcycle on the street at all anymore. It's unbelievably idiotic out there. I saw a close call with a blindly U-turning X3 in Daytona Beach just yesterday, luckily the biker was alert.
    jmonroe said:

jmonroe

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,142
    Heck, he wasn't my choice, but I am kind of excited to see what happens next. This is going to be something. It might be make it or break it time for that party. I fear a lot of people have been promised things that might not be possible.

And with like the prior popular vote non-getter, it's not him I feel a need to worry about, it is his cronies.
    berri said:

I just don't get all this political divisiveness and really blame the behavior on both sides of Congress. Trump won under the rules of the Constitution. Like him or not, in two years a chunk of Congress is up for reelection, two more and the presidency. Why do people feel the need to fight or vandalize over it?

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    stickguy said:

I put 18 inches of gravel under my basment floor so by the time it floods I'll be sailing away in my Ark.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,349
    jipster said:

You guys seem to know a little bit about everything. So any advice or suggestions on getting a new heating and air conditioning system?

I currently have a 15 year Goodman that was installed when the house was built. In July repairman put in a new capacitor. Said should probably start thinking about a new system. A/C stopped running about about 2 months after that. Checked the circuit box, and a circuit breaker had tripped. Then cool weather rolled in, so not sure what was going on.

A Carrier rep is suppose to come out Friday and leave some info and an estimate. I'm not looking to pull the switch on this Goodman until she flatlines. Just wanting to be proactive and have the information,not wait till mid July and have the thing croak on me and not be prepared. So,any tips ,suggestions, buying strategy, which brands are most reliable,warranties,any weird buying experiences?

I pick the retailer/installer first; in my opinion the quality of the shop providing maintenance/service is more important than the differences between equivalent residential HVAC units.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

nyccarguy said:

My wife came home from work work this afternoon to discover that our sump pump had burnt out. This was a fun scene to come home to:

Ugh; had a pipe burst about 25 years ago. You have my sympathy...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

driver100 said:

I put helmet laws in the same category as seat belt laws and pedestrian impact safety standards- they all constitute unwarranted interference with the Law of Natural Selection.

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646

That car is the beast that would not die. It keeps coming back into your life.

Been an interesting week around here for automotive news. First , some 18 year old kid crashed his car into a tavern, blew it up and burned his passenger over 95% of his body. Then last night a 62 yo woman was speeding in her Grand Marquis and took out two cars and a house. Took off and the cops had to chase her down.

Finally, today an old woman hit the gas and drove through a store. Honda Civic I think. She should move to Florida.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

That car is the beast that would not die. It keeps coming back into your life.

Been an interesting week around here for automotive news. First , some 18 year old kid crashed his car into a tavern, blew it up and burned his passenger over 95% of his body. Then last night a 62 yo woman was speeding in her Grand Marquis and took out two cars and a house. Took off and the cops had to chase her down.

Finally, today an old woman hit the gas and drove through a store. Honda Civic I think. She should move to Florida.

It happens all the time and this is why when I see a senior citizen driving down the isle of parking lots, I walk between the first two cars I see in the lot. The first time I did this when I was with Mrs. j years ago she thought I was nuts. A couple years later she saw a senior citizen run into a woman pushing her shopping cart. Now she is on the look out too.

At night when I can't see the driver, I just head for a safe spot between cars as fast as I can.

jmonroe

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    @nyccarguy,
    My mom's basement got water in it a few times due to a crusty arm on the sump pump.
    I dried out the basement and everything seemed ok.
    Finally got her to get a new pump after telling her next time I was not drying it out for her.
    Other than new pump and carpet, I don't see a lot of damage.
    What am I missing?
    Still a PITA either way.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Mildew in the drywall, and all paper products down there. Can be very dangerous and has to be professionally treated.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,935
    edited November 2016
    Had my own water incident this past weekend. My 6-year-old turned on the sink upstairs and walked away. We were having a party that evening when the ceiling in the family room opened up and water dumped out. He ran upstairs and turned off the water before we could get up there and figure out what was going on. The vanity was filled with water. I moved as quick as I could to get the water out of there (drawers were all filled as well) to keep more water from getting in the walls. Came back down and punched a couple of holes in the ceiling, placed buckets, and let it drain. Took a couple of hours for the dripping to stop. There are water stains as far as 4 feet out in all directions from where the dripping was most prevalent. It was quite the mess. I'm leaving the holes for a good couple of weeks so it dries out as much as possible. Repainting the whole ceiling is going to be a miserable job.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,085

It's a problem everywhere. I just saw this:

https://www.localxpress.ca/local-news/parking-job-worthy-of-a-circus-act-467250

Quite the feat.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    @suydam,
    In a long term moisture situation, I agree.
    The carpet isn't even completely wet.
    Run some fans with the windows open for a few days.
    The insurance claim will be recorded.
    Not sure if that will show up on the 'HomeFax''. :)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2016
    ab348 said:

It's a problem everywhere. I just saw this:

Quite the feat.

That's all wrong, to change the oil you need to drive up the telephone pole guy wire with the front of the car.